Nice video

wz2001 4 months ago
The Klaus Kinski of penguins.

:lol:

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
David Attenboroughs Africa

fantastic. only seen one episode, but it's better than Planet Earth IMO.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score

WARNING: This is very sad

brought a tear to my eye :cry: :proud:

What a warrior penguin.

---

i want to go to the moon and watch a live milan stream whilst facing the san siro

Last edited:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Father Yod and The Source Family's radical experiment in '70s utopian living. The Source Family's outlandish lifestyle, popular celebrity hangout restaurant, rock band, and beautiful women made them the darlings of Hollywood's Sunset Strip; but their outsider ideals and controversial spiritual leader, Father Yod, instigated local authorities. Yod was a visionary health food restaurateur, war hero, and judo champion who had thirteen wives and fronted the now legendary psych band Ya Ho Wa 13. The family fled to Hawaii, leading to their dramatic demise. Years later, family members surface and the rock band reforms, revealing how the experience shaped their lives in the most unexpected ways.

looks interesting

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
This is a great series .. I read about it and saw this series .. in case somebody is remotely interested

http://www.hulu.com/ken-burns-the-civil-war

key_art_ken_burns_the_civil_war.jpg

was amazed by the series .. single most important event in their history I guess

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Learn something real about drugs. Morgan Freeman suggests:

This one was pretty cool

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
finally got around to watching grizzly man.
very good doc with extraordinary footage.
the things men do, the risks they take to find a purpose in life

grizzly-man.jpg

Last edited:

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score

i don't know the word that describes resulting emotions.

omg i cried

Last edited:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We Are Legion: The Story of the Hacktivists, takes us inside the world of Anonymous, the radical "hacktivist" collective that has redefined civil disobedience for the digital age. The film explores early hacktivist groups like Cult of the Dead Cow and Electronic Disturbance Theater, then moves to Anonymous' raucous beginnings on the website 4chan. The documentary traces Anonymous' evolution from merry pranksters to a full-blown movement with a global reach, the most transformative civil disobedience of our time.

Very interesting doc

It had a big influence in the wave of protests in Brazil the past weeks, beyond the hacking also spreading it through social media, countering the big media pov, etc. Guy Fawkes mask was widely used in the streets too.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
holy shit
15720-325af501f1ee4b22ac18d1519bf361d6.jpg

totally agree with Herzog quote.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
^^ Looks really good

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
ah..i watched this not too long ago

japto soerjosoemarno..for the love of god :lol: :fp:

i enjoyed the parts about preman the most....congo's recreation made me feel as if the director was possibly exploitative.

one of the most difficult-to-watch films i've ever seen. the scene when the adzan starts after they watch the playback of congo getting eaten .talking about karma..and congo's saying the muezzin was a communist...holy shit

Last edited:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just watched Heart of Darkness for the first time, can definetly recomend it to anyone who's just remotely interested in filmmaking. It follows the shooting of Apocalypse now, and is mostly shot by F.F Coppola's wife, including footage that Francis didn't even know was being shot. It's cool because it also helps you understand how it became such a great film, and why it looks so great even today.

Must see! Gonna read the book now

:thumbsup:

Doc made me really love Coppola.

His speech in Cannes at the start, that was something special too.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Hmm ... I think it's one of the films I least liked form 30 for 30 first series. The dudes who acted the rhymes + going comicbook didn't work for me and ended looking like juicy material of Tyson/Pac turned into something that's highlight is namecalling the two.

Favourites from 30 for 30 - 2 Escobars, Senna(not officially part of the series?), Once Brothers, Fab Five, The U, Cathing Hell, 9,79*, Benji, Elway to Marino, Big Shot.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dirt Wars

Dirty Wars follows investigative reporter Jeremy Scahill, author of the international bestseller Blackwater, into the hidden world of America's covert wars, from Afghanistan to Yemen, Somalia, and beyond. Part action film and part detective story, Dirty Wars is a gripping journey into one of the most important and underreported stories of our time. What begins as a report on a deadly U.S. night raid in a remote corner of Afghanistan quickly turns into a global investigation of the secretive and powerful Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC). As Scahill digs deeper into the activities of JSOC, he is pulled into a world of covert operations unknown to the public and carried out across the globe by men who do not exist on paper and will never appear before Congress. In military jargon, JSOC teams "find, fix, and finish" their targets, who are selected through a secret process. No target is off limits for the "kill list," including U.S. citizens.

Good doc... Though maybe is just me, didn't think the theme was interesting as it seems. But the plot development is nice.

The Internet's Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz

The story of programming prodigy and information activist Aaron Swartz. From Swartz's help in the development of the basic internet protocol RSS to his co-founding of Reddit, his fingerprints are all over the internet. But it was Swartz's groundbreaking work in social justice and political organizing combined with his aggressive approach to information access that ensnared him in a two year legal nightmare. It was a battle that ended with the taking of his own life at the age of 26. Aaron's story touched a nerve with people far beyond the online communities in which he was a celebrity. This film is a personal story about what we lose when we are tone deaf about technology and its relationship to our civil liberties.

Read really good things about this, but it's not released around here yet

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Crash Reel - Lucy Walker's piece on snowboarding through Kevin Pearce experience. Really moving story that has the core of characters from sport that is infinitely cool but is ignoring the dangerousness of it all. As with snowboarding videos has a superb music as well. I recommend.

Have I already linked The NY Times docu on NHL enforcer Derek "Boogeyman" Boogard @ Youtube?

NFL should be on it's way to a similar story or has it been released already? I know a there was a dude who had written a book with the same message in Colbert Report.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Square

'The Square' is an intimate observational documentary that tells the real story of the ongoing struggle of the Egyptian Revolution through the eyes of six very different protesters. Starting in the tents of Tahrir in the days leading up to the fall of Mubarak, we follow our characters on a life-changing journey through the euphoria of victory into the uncertainties and dangers of the current 'transitional period' under military rule, where everything they fought for is now under threat or in balance.

Very powerful... Must watch

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players