Official: Zlatan Ibrahimović Thread II

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Zlatan was incredible, couldn't do more than that. but Ronaldo was just better. classic game and classic performance by both. Gutted that they had to go against each other, but this was one for the ages.

his celebration on the first goal made me lol, screaming at Pepe, epic Ibra :)

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
Ibra has the same quality behind him in club as well and doesnt replicate or exceed the stats ronaldo puts out,not to mention ibras in a much shittier league. Stop trying to use the national team as a way elevate ibras ability and hyperbolize his impact as a individual in comparison to ronaldo

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Tough luck to Zlatan. Shame he won't be in world cup.

Ibra has the same quality behind him in club as well and doesnt replicate or exceed the stats ronaldo puts out,not to mention ibras in a much shittier league. Stop trying to use the national team as a way elevate ibras ability and hyperbolize his impact as a individual in comparison to ronaldo

it reminds me of how people wanna slight lebron james in basketball because he doesn't use 'variety' (though even that's not true anymore) of say other greats.

Zlatan does more 'things' than ronaldo. But Ronaldo is simply a machine (like messi). Who gives shit if most their goals are the same. Defenses know what they wanna do, and can't stop it.

I can get why people find zlatan more aestetically pleasing tho. I don't necessarily asgree, but i see it

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
really no need to compare him to Ronaldo. Ibra is an all time great, but Ronaldo is just Ronaldo.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
That's something that gets me about ronaldo v. zlatan

zlatan is incredibly inpredictable, and pulls out some shit where you're just like "WHAT?!!"

ronaldo, you know exactly what he's gonna do. And you can't stop it

-

It's not a knock on either. This game went about as well fro ma neutral perspective as you want. Both showed up big time and did all they could. Portugal has more quality, and in end, that got it done. Ronaldo took advantage of his team, and put them away. Zlatan did all he could to keep sweden in it and nearly did it.

They both produced 10/10 type stuff.

What would have sucked is if one didn't show up, and lead to allsorts of chocker hyperbole

Last edited:

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
senatore,exactly. Zlatan may be more fun to watch but saying hes on the same level as ronaldo is blaspemy. Coming up with nonsensical excuses like swedens team is inferior is blasphemy. Ronaldo and messi ARE a class above everyone,this is a fact. Ronaldo and messi are atleast 15-20+ goals clear of the third best striker in europe. That SAYS something

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
He will forever be underrated

badboybjörn

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
senatore,exactly. Zlatan may be more fun to watch but saying hes on the same level as ronaldo is blaspemy. Coming up with nonsensical excuses like swedens team is inferior is blasphemy. Ronaldo and messi ARE a class above everyone,this is a fact. Ronaldo and messi are atleast 15-20+ goals clear of the third best striker in europe. That SAYS something

I think ibra is up there and dont find it as a blaspemy to say so regardless of what you think.

And to say sweden is an inferior team is blasphemy??? its a know fact ffs. Did you even watch the game. You think portugal 10 men without ronaldo would loose to sweden 10 men without ibra? Yeah right...

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
nah sweden certainly has a worse all around team. That's not really debateable

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think ibra is up there and dont find it as a blaspemy to say so regardless of what you think.

And to say sweden is an inferior team is blasphemy??? its a know fact ffs. Did you even watch the game. You think portugal 10 men without ronaldo would loose to sweden 10 men without ibra? Yeah right...

My point was its IRRELEVANT to the discussion whether not sweden sucks vs portugal when you try to compare ronaldo and ibra. Ronaldo had 57 goals excluding national team. Ibra had 36. With international games its 62 and 47 respectively. Did i mention ibras in a much shittir league?

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo has everything Ibra does plus more. He was more flamboyant back in his Manchester days, but now hes more goal oriented. Anyway Ronaldo has much more variety than Messi.

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Before some of you pull the "he helps out the team in other ways but scoring" arguement out of your ass. Ibra had 18 assists and ronaldo 14. Ronaldo is pumping out nearly the same assists while have a shit ton more goals than ibra in virtually everything.

A CLASS ABOVE. Ive got no problem agreeing to the fact ibra is the 3rd best goal scorer but to say hes better or equal to ronaldo is absurd

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
No shame in being third behind messi and cr... two of the best players ever.

badboybjörn

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Ronaldo has everything Ibra does plus more. He was more flamboyant back in his Manchester days, but now hes more goal oriented. Anyway Ronaldo has much more variety than Messi.

No he doesent. I think ronaldo is a great player but that statement is just flat out wrong.

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And for any other nay-sayers who are stil adamant.

Ronaldo in la liga had 34 goals in 30 apps. That BREAKS the apps:goals ratio and is equal when you add in subs. Ibra had 33 apps and 30 goals,34 apps if you add in subs. Again,in a much shittier league.

Ok,think spainish teams are equal or worse than french teams? Lets check CL.

Ronaldo had 12 goals in 12 apps,basically scoring every ucl game. Ibra had 3 goals and 7 assists in 9 apps,impressive but falls short.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
No he doesent. I think ronaldo is a great player but that statement is just flat out wrong.

What does Zlatan have that Cristiano doesnt? Ronaldo is basically a fast Zlatan. Zlatans a great player, but come on.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
cr7 has also better in game stats than Real ronaldo?. does that mean he is better than him? ... NO!

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

Agreed. There are thing Ibra does on a football pitch, i believe no other player is capable of.

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7 has also better in game stats than Real ronaldo?. does that mean he is better than him? ... NO!

Yep,i was waiting for this arguement,when stats dont go your way,you use other methods to try and win the arguement.

Messi is the worlds best player and the best in football,ronaldo is a RIVAL to THE BEST PLAYER EVER. YES he shits on the brazilian ronaldo. Dont even bring that up. Its like saying maradona>messi

badboybjörn

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What does Zlatan have that Cristiano doesnt? Ronaldo is basically a fast Zlatan. Zlatans a great player, but come on.

My comment wasent a dig at ronaldo just i dont agree with the statement at all.

Try to play ronaldo as a target man vs pepe and alves and c how it goes for starters. He gets pushed of the ball by lustig ffs.

Hes not nearly as creative as ibra as he lacks that vision. Doesent mean he cant make a great assist tho.

As perviously said by senatore, he is not unpredictable like zlatan.

I think they arent very similar tbh other than that both are great players. Everything dangerous from ronaldo comes with pace. While ibra strangely seem most dangerous when he gets to slow down play. As ibra isent fast (with the ball) his play have evolved around not relying on pace while in ronaldos game, pace is pretty much the corner stone.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
YES he shits on the brazilian ronaldo. i

you always need to remember that if it wasn't for Ronaldo Fenomeno, there would probably not have been this generation including CR. They all modeled their game on him.

but even as the biggest R9 fan in the world, I would say that CR might be better. he simply has more drive. for all his genius, Ronaldo never had that ambition and determination for a sustained period.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
you always need to remember that if it wasn't for Ronaldo Fenomeno, there would probably not have been this generation including CR. They all modeled their game on him.

but even as the biggest R9 fan in the world, I would say that CR might be better. he simply has more drive. for all his genius, Ronaldo never had that ambition and determination for a sustained period.

Luiz Ronaldo scored 8 goals in 7 games at the 2002 world cup, and was what, about 65 percent fit?

It's amazing what he achieved, despite the never ending list of injuries.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pre-injury was the best I ever seen but you have to take longevity and other accolades into account so it isn't blasphemous to say C. Ronaldo or Messi are better than him.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yep,i was waiting for this arguement,when stats dont go your way,you use other methods to try and win the arguement.

Messi is the worlds best player and the best in football,ronaldo is a RIVAL to THE BEST PLAYER EVER. YES he shits on the brazilian ronaldo. Dont even bring that up. Its like saying maradona>messi

Players like zidane, ronaldinho, figo etc etc doesn't have great stats, but still u should know how good they were and how they used to setup their teammates. So no it is just a fact.

and when did u started watching football?. u telling me cr7 > real ronaldo. gtfo. clearly all ur knowledge is only based on stats.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
outside of Real, Athletico, and Bartha, is La Liga really better than Ligue 1? they arent that different

Chrissy's goal ration was no where near as good in the EPL (to be fair he is being played more as a striker, but still, massive difference)

badboybjörn

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Even if the league is better it doesent mean its harder or easier to score goals. Did not know alot about the french league before but even the lower teams have solid defenses. Its not like la liga where teams chase their first goal at all cost while beeing down 5-0..

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Players like zidane, ronaldinho, figo etc etc doesn't have great stats, but still u should know how good they were and how they used to setup their teammates. So no it is just a fact.

and when did u started watching football?. u telling me cr7 > real ronaldo. gtfo. clearly all ur knowledge is only based on stats.

I consider myself very logical and rational. I dont step into an arguement without valid ammunition which are STATS. Very few players can get away without ordinary stats thrown into the mix,like for example,pirlo. But when you compare a striker or winger against another striker or winger,stats rather than biased points of view are necessary. surely you see the massive flaw in your arguement?

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Even if the league is better it doesent mean its harder or easier to score goals. Did not know alot about the french league before but even the lower teams have solid defenses. Its not like la liga where teams chase their first goal at all cost while beeing down 5-0..

I made sure to breakdown stats to include league and cl but people still find excuses. Im done. It gets pointless argueing with people who make the ^ statements and points.

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
Had R9 not had chronic knee issues there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever he would be the greatest player in the history of the game

What he did......ive never seen anyone do that, Yes CR7 has better numbers but just watching R9 play was just majestic. Totally ruined every single defender he played against

Oh and Pubes I think I have worked it out, no offense but I think the fact that you sound so condescending is what makes you many enemies on this forum, I know you don't mean it but I think this may be why. Just a note

Schedule