EL: FK Austria Wien vs AC Milan - Thursday 14/09/2017 19:00 CEST

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Yes it was a 3-4-1-2 when we lit it up.

Moved on to a sort of 3-4-2-1 after Suso came on for Kalinic. Bona moved ahead and Hakan withdrew a little.

Niice. :thumbsup:

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
A constant thought I had during the game was that with all the space our wing backs had, if RR and Conti played, this could've been a historic scoreline :lol:

The guy behind me was so pissed at the Austria defense for giving Antonelli so much space, it was hilarious to listen to his rants :lol:

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva

Moved on to a sort of 3-4-2-1 after Suso came on for Kalinic. Bona moved ahead and Hakan withdrew a little.

Disagree here.....it was a 352 more often than not, with Hakan exploiting open spaces when we attacked. Check the heat maps for the game, but most of the time Hakan played as a left sided mezz'ala.....but this is semantics tbh

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Couldn't watch due to work :facepalm:

Saw the highlights, Hakan Beast and Baby silva first hattrick <3

I can see 352 working well especially with proper wingbacks. anto and abate fine as back ups and cutrone + borini pair upfront instead of silva and kalinic as backups would work fine too. Problem is where the hell would suso play?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

I can see 352 working well especially with proper wingbacks. anto and abate fine as back ups and cutrone + borini pair upfront instead of silva and kalinic as backups would work fine too. Problem is where the hell would suso play?

You should skip the upcoming matches too hahha :p

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
For those who wants to see good come back and Silva's first hattrck this season:

Parcae

Beginner
Reaction score

I think Suso will be fine as a SS.

OVUNQUE CON TE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Glimpses of what we can do with this squad, We will have peaks and troughs early in the season as we have already witnessed, But it will click and it will be great.

3-5-2 / 3-4-2-1 / 3-4-1-2 only from here on in.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Summary:

- Great result.

- Hakan, Silva were the stars of the night.

- Romagnoli was excellent so it was Bonucci.

- Zapata was 99% concentrated.

- Antonelli and Abate were poor IMO. More Abate than Antonelli but Abate gave more solidity in defense.

- Biglia and Kessie were good.

- Kalinic was good but not great. He might not be a superstar but he did the dirty job.

Only it matters is that we won after the awful performance against Lazio to give a boost in morale.

:lol::proud:

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score

He can rotate with one of the FC

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Mark18

Primavera
Reaction score
Hakan, Kali, Silva....no more delaying Counter and fucke up good attacking moment with Bona and Zuzooo anymore.

3-5-2/3-4-1-2 it is.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
For me, yes it is a good scoreline on paper, but the purity of the win has been ruined by the conceded goal and Suso's deflected goal

JohnnyWunderboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini
For me, yes it is a good scoreline on paper, but the purity of the win has been ruined by the conceded goal and Suso's deflected goal

And also against a side from the Austrian Bundesliga.
Not good enough imo

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Hmm ... I'd say it was 3-5-2 and Hakan on the left ... EL doesn't have average position sheets?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

was he sick yesterday? :(

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Yes yes, if Milan as an organization has any dignity, they should officially reject the 3 points from this match.

And wait until we get this right.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9

And Silva's offside goal

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hmm ... I'd say it was 3-5-2 and Hakan on the left ... EL doesn't have average position sheets?

From what I saw, when defending it was 352 and when attacking it was 3412. Also, I loved how Kalinic always dropped back to add numbers in midfield. Very impressive.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can't stop watching Biglia's touch before the 3:0. That details are what makes magic happen. A little nice touch to set-up Calha immediately. That's pure quality right there.

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
great response from the team.
despite the quality of Austria what I noticed in this first month of official games is that when we play with small teams we start the game with the determination and aggressiveness that the big team should have on these occasions.
I remember last season I said a few teams how much it bothered me that in those matches (usually away matches and some home games also) we were too passive at the first half and we wasted a half before we start playing like we should.
of course its still early to be absolute about this but I like what I see in this aspect so far.
it is also a testament of improving the squad with more quality players with the hunger of a winner.
FORZA MILAN!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
jasper be like:

a3204292661_16.jpg

I'm not the Man Utd fan here, bitchboi!

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
From what I saw, when defending it was 352 and when attacking it was 3412. Also, I loved how Kalinic always dropped back to add numbers in midfield. Very impressive.

Kalinic impressed me a lot. Very high work rate from him and also played his role as target man very well. The one action stuck with me where he couldn't control the ball and followed his man back into the own half to regain possession :thumbsup: Very important to clean up after his mistakes if he makes them.

And also against a side from the Austrian Bundesliga.
Not good enough imo

Hey - Austria stronk! :mad::mad::D

Typical Zapata :lol:

Good old Zapata - 99% world class, 1% pure fodder :lol:

Schedule