Spanish La Liga Thread (BBVA)

Who will win La Liga and which two teams will complete the top 4?

• Total voters

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Rest now my sweet Zigoat, for the time in which you shall lead Les Blues to World Cup glory once again is close at hand. Your 100% CL success as a club manager will never be bettered, so now it is time to match that in the international stage. :star:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
After the World Cup he should take control of the French NT.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is fed up with the situation around Cristiano Ronaldo and his apparent desire to leave the club, and is ready to cash in on the Portuguese in a deal for Neymar.

Don Balon reports that Perez is prepared to offer Ronaldo to Paris Saint-Germain in exchange for Neymar, plus a cash sum.

The Liga club reportedly see the Brazilian as the cornerstone of their new project, with Ronaldo apparently happy to sign for the Ligue 1 champions, despite his reported desire to re-sign for Manchester United.

City & PSG are dumb... they have money, no brains

RM? These fuckers piss me off, they spend off the chart when they want but they are so shrewd that they never go out of pocket.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
City & PSG are dumb... they have money, no brains

RM? These fuckers piss me off, they spend off the chart when they want but they are so shrewd that they never go out of pocket.

yes unlike milan.

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Real Madrid CF announces that Julen Lopetegui will coach the first team for the next three seasons.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Real Madrid CF announces that Julen Lopetegui will coach the first team for the next three seasons.

First i was like who? Then found out the guy is the current Spanish NT coach, or rather was cause the cunt resigned and didn't even gave the NT fair warning, and ahead of the World Cup :fp:

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
First i was like who? Then found out the guy is the current Spanish NT coach, or rather was cause the cunt resigned and didn't even gave the NT fair warning, and ahead of the World Cup :fp:
Im reading this shit and stll cant believe.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
He didn't resign, was sacked by the NT

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
He didn't resign, was sacked by the NT

From what i read it went like this:

- He went out of the blue like: hey wanna resign and have signed for RM already.
- NT said nope you have a contract with us.
- Some drama.
- They fired him to "save face".

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score

- He went out of the blue like: hey wanna resign and have signed for RM already.
- Some drama.
This story is missing a chinese consortium and a vulture fund.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

- Some drama.

Spanish football federation didn’t want him to have 2 jobs for 3 weeks because it could cause a conflict of interest.
Total bullshit imo.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

- Some drama.

Seems more like a personal conflict between the newly elected Spanish football federation president and Lopetegui that culminated when Lopetegui took the once in a lifetime opportunity for a trophy-less coach to coach RM.

The president is rumored to have said "I renewed your contract even though I know you didn't vote for me."

That quote might be fake, but this whole debacle, the players being against the sacking and all suggest he's too immature and egotistical for his role regardless of that quote. Then I Google his name and I see he's unusually young for an FA president and his appearance and facial expressions scream douchebag.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma

resigned? I thought he was fired?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paris Saint-Germain no longer consider Neymar untouchable in the face of a possible huge offer from Real Madrid for the Brazil superstar, reports Mundo Deportivo.

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is thought to value Neymar above all else, and new PSG boss Thomas Tuchel would use the money to reinforce multiple positions in his side.

The only PSG player considered off-limits by the Ligue 1 winners is teenage star Kylian Mbappe.

Goal.com

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You can pay Neymar a million a day if you want.. you think he will play for AV/Birmingham City?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Massa, you be a bro... tell me AK's secret. Posts #13991 & #13993 in Rumours thread

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fine, screw you, Massa... I'll remember this

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sorry Massa... got the PM after I had made the post.

Unscrew Massa - guy's sound.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I got the PM last week

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I dont get Barca, they've just signed Malcom when they already have a superior player for the position in Dembe. They shud be looking to replace Suarez with Mbappe.

Messi is a dick, he decides on a whim that he doesnt like this or that player

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Messy is too powerful (politically) in his teams, if the rumors about his influence on team selection are true.
Tossing out iBra, picking a shite squad for Argentina and now this :fp:

I think CR7 might also have similar power...but at least his teams have been doing better of late.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
Messy is too powerful (politically) in his teams, if the rumors about his influence on team selection are true.
Tossing out iBra, picking a shite squad for Argentina and now this :fp:

I think CR7 might also have similar power...but at least his teams have been doing better of late.

Messi doesn't pick argentine line up. Actually Messi refused to pick names when the coach asked him to and scolded him infront of his Argentinian teammates. https://www.ole.com.ar/seleccion/senosiain-sampaoli-messi-libro_0_2054194649.amp.html

From what Ibrahimovic said after leaving Barca, he has total admiration for Messi. He put all the blame on pep. Ibra has too big of an ego to admire Messi if he tossed him out. Which lead me to believe ibra wasn't kicked out of Barca because Messi asked for it.

I won't deny Messi's word is powerful for both club and national teams. But the idea that he picks line ups and tosses out players are just rumors as you said.