Abbiati keen on Fiorentina

Dil dil

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan players espacially Maldini-Inzaghi
Source: Football Italia

Goalkeeper Christian Abbiati says he would have no objection to leaving Milan for Fiorentina this summer.

"My possible move to Florence depends on my current club," said the Italian international. "If it was up to me then I would be there already.

"Florence is a splendid city, they have great fans and an important project for the future already in place."

Abbiati has been with the Rossoneri since 1998, but is keen for an exit after spending the last three seasons as No 2 behind Nelson Dida.

"Milan want to sell me but they are now considering loan proposals too," continued the shot-stopper. "I want to prove my worth again after my struggles over the past few years."

The Viola need a new goalkeeper after the problems encountered by both Cristiano Lupatelli and Cristian Cejas this term.

But the Stadio Franchi outfit do face competition for a number of clubs as Abbiati has confirmed.

"I have a variety of offers which is very pleasing," he continued. "Apart from Fiorentina, there is a foreign side plus Genoa and Palermo.

"I hope that an agreement can be reached by the end of next week."

Abbiati is hoping for regular first team football in the hope of making the 2006 World Cup squad.

Oma_B

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SHEVA,BLOKHIN,Rui, Maldini, Okocha, Ronny D, Hagi, Cryuff, MVB, Belanov n Yashin
Good he won't make the squad but we get rid of another Roy Carroll.

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
Who would we get in his place?

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't know what happened to him. I still remember the semifinal of CL in 2002-2003 season against INTER, 2nd leg. It was he, for whom we made it to the final.

And the same person has make us lose to LAZIO and UDINESE in back to back COPA ITALIA. He has become horrible and his decision making skills as a goalie absolutely sucks.

So, whoever comes in his place would be better than him.

Last edited:

Rex

Reaction score
He would rather to have regular chance in another club of hoping to make comeback debut for Italy next season. At least being called up into squad is his ambition to make it up. Keeping him in Milan isn't good idea at all, I'm afraid his footwork would have been nothing by far if he keeps 'a warm bencher status' at most times.

Nice to see Genoa land him. Still keen to be staying domestic was his consideration for not playing outside the Italy so that is being called up to the NT squad next year.

Best of luck, then. ;)

NANMAN30

Primavera
Reaction score
I am still waiting on Milan to snap up a youngster goalie for the future of the team. Dida has prob 3 great years left in him and who knows what happens then.

Rossoneri_Forever

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
anyone who honors the shirt
We should have gotten Frey...and replace Dida. Also Costanzo and the young German one that everyone is talking about...cant remember the name..

Rex

Reaction score
Sheva_7 said:
We should have gotten Frey...and replace Dida. Also Costanzo and the young German one that everyone is talking about...cant remember the name..

You mean Stuttgart's Timo Hilderbrand ? ;)