Week 15: Milan - Torino 09/12/2018 20:30 CET

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Have you tried playing football on the highest level with back pain? Take a chill pill.

Why play him then.

I was responding to the poster above who said Higuain is blameless due to ‘service’. He never said ‘Higuain’s back problem is holding him back.’

Clarence

Feel the indifference
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Ibra, Thiago Silva, Pirlo, Totti.
I think it was a very close game so we deserved at least a point.

We blame the players but we should remember that they have been playing without any rest for a long time now. Even if we assume they are fit physically, they are exhausted psychologicaly. Cutrone missing the chance could be due to the fact that he worked so hard tracking back regularly today. When your body is tired your execution will be affected.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Good point

Clarence

Feel the indifference
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Ibra, Thiago Silva, Pirlo, Totti.
Why play him then.

I was responding to the poster above who said Higuain is blameless due to ‘service’. He never said ‘Higuain’s back problem is holding him back.’

Because he is a focal point and has scored a lot of goals (7) against Torino in the past.

Because Milan only have two fullbred strikers and the 433 is too unbalanced

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
they have been playing without any rest for a long time now. Even if we assume they are fit physically, they are exhausted psychologicaly. Cutrone missing the chance could be due to the fact that he worked so hard tracking back regularly today. When your body is tired your execution will be affected.

We played the same no of games as other teams in the league.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We are playing a RB as our CB who I have literally never seen play as a CB ever. We have had to play the same team, without rest.

Higuain got service but fucked up. Like in the 39th minute Hakan played this great ball out and Higuain and Suso fucked it up.

Hakan gets stuck in these crowds of players with RR constantly, it makes no sense. He needs to stop that shit

But the team is really being pushed to its limits. Samu was good today, but there have been lots of games where he does nothing. It tells you a lot that Hakan is playing when hurt over Samu who seems healthy.

I'm willing to give Higuain the benefit of the doubt on the back pain. But he needs to go back to playing like he did at the start of the season. He was playing unselfish. He was doing so well in that style that I even said even if he doesn't score the entire season, his play style would justify his inclusion because of how he passed and opened space. He's stopped doing that though.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I get the feeling that Samu is an impact player only... 2nd half or 30mins... he's clueless when he starts a game.

Last edited:

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I get the feeling that Samu is an impact player only... 2nd half or 30mins... he's clueless when he starts a game.

It's hard to tell because he has started only a few games, and some on the left wing which isn't his main position. Not enough games to be sure. Also he was really good as the only forward in the game against Sassuolo.

BillyTheKid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Do other teams also play same 11 without substitute / reserves every game?
We played the same no of games as other teams in the league.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Do other teams also play same 11 without substitute / reserves every game?

Im sure sum teams out there have a settled 1st 11

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
You know guys, a radical new solution to a tired team is making more then one sub, just saying what i've heard.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I thought Calabria was the worst player on defense by far. Every chance Torino had was from that side and he was nowhere to be found or bypassed easily by someone like Ansaldi, who is terrible.

I think it was a very close game so we deserved at least a point.

Cutrone missing the chance could be due to the fact that he worked so hard tracking back regularly today. When your body is tired your execution will be affected.

:thumbsup:

agsgualdino

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
plenty of silver lining to take away from this match

- we maintain 4th pos and go within 3 points of inter (still have napoli to play)
- 2nd clean sheet (with an rb as cb)
- Torino are unbeaten this season away from home (that's no easy feet) so this is not an embarrassment by any means
- 5 points from a possible 9 against 3 tough opponents is something in which 1 year ago Milan wouldn't of gotten.
- we are making the best of a terrible injury crisis
- bakayoko continues to steer the midfield in the right direction

plenty of areas for concern though

- hakan continues to struggle - there is 0 signs of improvement
- Our counter attacks are costing us big points - its becoming embarrassing
- If suso has an off game - we struggle
- Higuin is clearly struggling and doesn't look like improving any time soon.
- No quality bench depth is costing us greatly
- have not taken advantage of the numerous fuck ups from Lazio, Inter and Roma

I still believe Gattuso is the right man for the job

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Turned off half-time because I knew there weren't gonna be any goals that evening.

I hate the Milan midfield. Hakan-Bakayoko-Kessie-Suso

Send Baka back to Chelsea, Hakan and Suso can go for 20m each in January but no one would offer that much for them. Kessie is limited but at least he moves around, he's like a young Muntari who can't pass.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Turned off half-time because I...

tenor.gif

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Same old stuff. These are the games you gotta win to increase the gap.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Two CM midfield vs their midfield was the biggest reason to this horrible display. Especially when Hakan and Suso played so bad.

True. The problem is that we only have 2 CMs... Berto, Mauri and Monto don't count as players. Although, Mauri did show some promise against Dudelange, but would've been eaten by this physical Torino.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
True. The problem is that we only have 2 CMs... Berto, Mauri and Monto don't count as players. Although, Mauri did show some promise against Dudelange, but would've been eaten by this physical Torino.

Samu Higuain Suso
Hakan Baka Kessie

Why are we not playing like this? Wouldn't have been worse that what we saw yesterday.

We've seen Hakan at LCM and he's done well, on par with Jack's performances there. And since he's basically useless on the wing right now we should try him in a more central role. Suso is also horrible in 442 so one stone...

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Bakayoko would also be freed that way. Vs Torino, Mazzari made a smart move by basically man making him and since he was our playmaking outlet in our own half we looked like shit in the build up.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
You guys saying Suso was horrible because we played a 4-4-2 :lol: Suso was bad yesterday because Torino defenders constantly, 100% of the time, showed him to his right foot. It was merely about the quality of the defence. We played Juve and Torino in the last 3 weeks, the two best defensively organized sides in the league. Suso and Higuain are both great against say, 12 of the 19 other teams in the league, but both of them aren't good enough to overcome the best organized defences.

It has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with the lineup. That's FM talk.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Omg what a tactical geniusness, show him to the right foot, we're so lucky no one else thought of that ever before. We're also so lucky that they didn't double up on the defender for support as well. Oh wait, they all do that :lol:

Problem with 442 for Suso is that his base/start position when we recover the ball is further down the pitch than in a 433. He have to transport the ball into their final third every time and he's not really good at that.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Samu Higuain Suso
Hakan Baka Kessie

Why are we not playing like this? Wouldn't have been worse that what we saw yesterday.

We've seen Hakan at LCM and he's done well, on par with Jack's performances there. And since he's basically useless on the wing right now we should try him in a more central role. Suso is also horrible in 442 so one stone...

When was that? I thought everyone agreed that Hakan at should not play LCM last season. Do we start this again?))

Also, remember Rino's words from a couple of weeks ago - we have sacrificed what we have done well at the beginning of the season (attacking) to get better at defending. So, this is a conscious choice that he's making. He's gonna try and stabilize the defensive part, before going back to attractive football.

If were to go 4-3-3, it would be best to play Cutrone and have Higuain as impact sub, but we know that's not gonna happen. If you bench him, you lose him.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Suso has played well in 4-4-2 before. The problem right now is that only the right wing is producing anything. Hakan and Rodriguez are pretty useless, so these teams just focus on blocking Suso/Calabria.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I never agreed that Hakan shouldn't play LCM :o

Suso played well in 442 before, but he's most dangerous when plays higher up the pitch. Kessie's work (runs) at RCM shouldn't be underestimated either, it frees up at least one player from the opposition and gives him an player to pass. Also Abate as CB, as great as he's been, is because Calabria (and Kessie) for example have been forced to play more defensively to help him out, giving Suso less options to pass.

I was always curious to see how the right side of Conti, Kessie and Suso would work - I hope we'll realize that potential during this season.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I'm a real fan, not a bootlicker.

This isn’t another “real fans don’t turn off a match” issue

I know you’re a fan

Don’t stop watching a match though

Schedule