Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Haven't been to a UFC event myself, but i imagine if you actually wanna see the fights, you would need to be seated much closer than that.

Its not like in football, where you can be seated in the upper rows and still see the game rather well.

If you are higher tier you are pretty much looking at the big screen.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
I feel like UFC fights are a better viewing experiences at home than in person, especially if you consider the price.

The cage isn't exactly helpful in terms of watching a fight as an observer I think.

It's probably better you use the money instead, go gambling with it and watch the fights in a nice hotel room instead :lol:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
did anyone watch cerrone edwards? I couldn't even continue the fight from how little I cared.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I just saw on twitter a couple that there was a UFC

fuck sake stop with all these events :mad:

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
did anyone watch cerrone edwards? I couldn't even continue the fight from how little I cared.

Same :lol:

I thought I'd watch the UFC this weekend, looked at the card and decided it's not worth fucking up my sleep schedule.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Downloaded the event yesterday, skipped trough the ending to all fights. Very shite event.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Chinese fighters all did very well :thumbsup:

Otherwise a lackluster event

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gathje to fight Vick on 25th August. Always a blast to watch that guy.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
war Vick
war gaetje.
fuck
like both.
dont kmow who to root for.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
war Vick
war gaetje.
fuck
like both.
dont kmow who to root for.

Gaethje because I don't want him to be on a 3 loss streak.

One things for certain, Gaethje will come to please the crowd. All on the Justin "CTE" Gaethje wagon.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Man i can't wait for this, :star: :star: :star: BLESSED MAX ERA :star: :star: :star:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Holloway out, I hate this sport.

They need to figure out the weight cutting issue. It formed this "culture" in the sport, where fighters are killing themselves to cut asa much weight as possible, due to the fear that their opponent will cut weight as well and wreck them in the cage.

This was the fight i was looking forward too..:fp:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. Apparently this wasn't weight cutting issue though, seems like Holloway got knocked out in training or something.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Don't know if he actually got knocked the fuck out. But his camp was talking about concussion symptoms.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bisping was saying Max looked off during their interview before Max was pulled

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
fuck this shit "sport"

bunch of meatheads that can't figure out how to train for fights in 2018, jesus christ combat sports have been going on for a century ffs.

remember when mma "JUST BLEED!!!!!!!!" fans were hating on lesnar when pat barry (phenomenal career btw) said that brock hates going hard in sparring? THIS IS WHY

Last edited:

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's okay to go hard in sparring every now and then but in the week leading up to the fight? :lol: That's ******ed.

Who knows, maybe he had a concussion injury for longer and they hoped it could go away in time and didn't?

I am not super mad, athletes get injured all the time. Footballers have injuries in training, warming up before matches - do we call them unprofessional? No,it's unfortunate. The difference is when a footballer gets injured, the game is still on, when it happens in MMA the fight is off.

Sucks that the fight is off but that's the way it goes.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm super mad, it happens every single fucking event in this shit sport, it's disgraceful.

LMAO at IMG for buying this shit hole for 4 billion.

unprofessional is when they pull out because of a shit weight cut or miss weight, this is just straight up meat head amateur hour shit.

this HARDLY ever happens in boxing or kick boxing.

I'm a fan of max holloway and I hope he makes a full recovery, I'm mad with this sport and how uneducated fighters are in it, not at max holloway, this happens way too much to be mad at one person.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
fuck this shit "sport"

bunch of meatheads that can't figure out how to train for fights in 2018, jesus christ combat sports have been going on for a century ffs.

remember when mma "JUST BLEED!!!!!!!!" fans were hating on lesnar when pat barry (phenomenal career btw) said that brock hates going hard in sparring? THIS IS WHY

I'm super mad, it happens every single fucking event in this shit sport, it's disgraceful.

LMAO at IMG for buying this shit hole for 4 billion.

unprofessional is when they pull out because of a shit weight cut or miss weight, this is just straight up meat head amateur hour shit.

this HARDLY ever happens in boxing or kick boxing.

I'm a fan of max holloway and I hope he makes a full recovery, I'm mad with this sport and how uneducated fighters are in it, not at max holloway, this happens way too much to be mad at one person.

If you would see how the local / amateur MMA fighters roll in BJJ gyms. It is usually assumed that they will be idiot meat heads during rolling unless they are a somewhat famous fighter. Usually, you hear nonsense like "fuck tappin, that shit is for pussies" or "i'm ready to die in the motherfuckin cage, let a motherfucker choke me out" uttered by these people. And that is why even for small, local BBQ grillers, you have tons of cancellation due to injuries from training.

Don't know if anyone heard Joe's podcast with Firas Zahabi. A brilliant trainer and one of the things he mentioned specifically was that experienced Thai's will not train with people if they kicked too hard in training, because it was too "amateur-ish".

I wouldn't be surprised if most MMA gyms still employ the "amateur" training methods of fatigue and pain seeking.

As a sport, MMA definitely have a long way to go.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Well, this is still a relatively young sport and I guess these things are to be expected.

But tbf, most of the pull outs are because of weight cutting issues - or? And you can't have a 100% injury free COMBAT sport either.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Well you can get ko'd even with head gear on. Not a fan of max anyway but he is a phenomenal fighter without a doubt.The real event is DC vs stipe. Looking forward to that.

war DC
war steep miotich
may the best man win.

max will fight Ortega at ufc 229 or some other card.

edgar vs Stephen's is a possibility now for interim.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well, this is still a relatively young sport and I guess these things are to be expected.

But tbf, most of the pull outs are because of weight cutting issues - or? And you can't have a 100% injury free COMBAT sport either.

I think a big chunk of it has to do with antiquated methods.

How many trainers are actually taking time to read and upgrade their knowledge like Firas vs. the one's that uses bro science?

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cormier tripping over a wire at the press conference... someone teach these guys how to walk wtf :lol: