Worst Ac Milan Transfers

superbaim

ICE MAN
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gattuso
why were so many striker ?and again we keep spend it on striker. sory for pato fan imo his fate will be the same as other failed striker but one think in common for those sucks striker 'spanish league or spanish nation' and pato not both.

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.
I'd like to talk about last 5-6 years' transfer cos before that we have made so many bad transfer that I lost count.

Firstly, Laursen. Overpriced + shitty performances.

Rivaldo could be counted as a bad transfer if we look at his performances here, but we had bought him for free, so the move wasn't that bad I guess.

Vieri, I like him normally. But he was 32 when he left Inter to sign for us, and it was clear that he wasn't gonna make it. We had purchased him for free too, so he wasn't that bad either.

Gila is as quality as a normal backup striker for Milan, so he was overpriced too.

Rui was another overpriced bloke.

A lot of people would say Favalli, but I don't think he is so bad. He came as a backup player and we got him for free.

Same for Ba. He is just another Esajas case. He should be barely considered as a 'transfer'.

Oli. No comments needed.

Kalac.

slifersd

Beginner
Reaction score
The worst transfer ever made was selling Shevchenko and signing Oliveira to replace him. That move almost doomed us for the season if it wasn't for Ronaldo. With that much money in their hands, our management still managed to sign the cheapest option available and that guy turned out to be a major waste of money.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
When talking of a worst transfer, the fee paid should not be the only expenditure listed. Take Ballack's free transfer as an example ... wages should also be taken into consideration.

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
When talking of a worst transfer, the fee paid should not be the only expenditure listed. Take Ballack's free transfer as an example ... wages should also be taken into consideration.

yea... this goes to Inzaghi who earns 95 000 a week :eek:

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!

vioser

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pirlo,Nesta
Kluivert, Reiziger, Bogarde, Jose Mari, Javi Moreno, Umit Davala, Redondo, Ba, Lentini and several other players

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
Pippo gets 95, 000 a week? :eek: Now that was unexpected ...
Really? :eek:

Before Digao, our first exercise in nepotism (here figuratively speaking) was signing Esajas, who was more of a waste of space than Oli. Thanks, Clarence. :rolleyes:

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Tsar said:
Lentini and Gilardino the worst but the most ridiculous transfer was Luther Blisset, our scouts had seen John Barnes (great player in his day) and reported back that the black Jamaican striker playing for Watford was World Class and we should snap him up. Sadly there was more than one black Jamiacan striker playing at Watford at that time and we ended up buying the wrong one - the far inferior Luther Blisset. The club soon learnt of its mistake and sold him back to Watford after his first season for only half the money spent on him. :D
Thanks for sharing the story, I didn't know that. Sadly the whole English contingent in Milan (Blisset, Joe Jordan, Mark Hateley and Ray Wilkins) never really lived up to expectations. And it goes for all English league-based player venturing in Serie A in the last 25 years (Ian Rush, Gascoigne, Ince, Keane, Platt).

Back to topic, for me the worst transfer meaning the output (goals) never really match the investment (transfer). So in this case it has to be Lentini and Commandini. Some mentioned Gila but let's be objective and not condemn him after 2 games this season. 29 goals in his first 2 seasons is a decent rate for any striker in any league.

If he failed to score at least 12-14 goals this season and we let him go, then he's a certified transfer failure.

Anyone know how much we paid for Cristophe Dugarry?

edika_kaka

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Steven Defour
i thought we get christopher dugarry in free transfer..

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
gaizka22 said:
Back to topic, for me the worst transfer meaning the output (goals) never really match the investment (transfer). So in this case it has to be Lentini and Commandini.
I don't get it. We didn't really pay that much for Commandini. 4mil if I recall correctly and that's worth of a 2 derby goals :D

Joking aside as I've previously stated we sold him for the same amount.

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
did anyone mention ex ajax players, kluivert, bogarde, reiziger and davids?

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
milanissimo said:
did anyone mention ex ajax players, kluivert, bogarde, reiziger and davids?
I did... ;) but Davids and Kluivert wasn't so bad.

PAC

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nesta, Ambrosini. OutMilan: Robben, Fabregas & Robinho.
Davids actually was a vital part in destroying our team, when he encouraged Weah to separate the blacks and whites. At that time Maldini and Weah were foes, and most of Weah's goals came from personal effort because nobody passed the ball to him except Davids.

Sad.

Rex

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, Davids wasn't the player Capello's favour in scheme of the game though. That's why he flopped due to didn't see much playing time at Milan and eventually found himself 'well-connected' in Juve's footballing in a year later.

An inscrutable Don Fabio had own reason of the issue. :rolleyes:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Recent bad transfer : Foggia.
Called by Italy national team & Liverpool bided 14 mil euro 4 him & our coward didn’t find a place 4 him in Milan. :o
But of course its all acceptable when the reason is 2 protect his golden boys.
And its all 4gotten coz won the cl even with a , performance wise , below bar season from Milan.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Worst transfer in recent history?It has to be the one and only Oil!:D
We have had our shares of bad transfers but that happens to every club in the world...
I guess we bought some crappy players in the past but what bothered me was selling some really good ones...
We sold Ayala,Panucci,Desailly and after that we had players like Sala,Chamot,Laursen,Helveg,N'Gotti,Roque Junior playing at the back...

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wild said:
Recent bad transfer : Foggia.
Called by Italy national team & Liverpool bided 14 mil euro 4 him & our coward didn’t find a place 4 him in Milan. :o
But of course its all acceptable when the reason is 2 protect his golden boys.
And its all 4gotten coz won the cl even with a , performance wise , below bar season from Milan.

Foggia is having a good season at Cagliari nothing else. Seeing him moving to a bigger team , is seeing him warming the bench to that team. He is only 1.68 and plays as a winger, but remember, he is not Davids or Carlos.
There are so manny players that in one season they play very well , then a big team goes for them and in the end nothing.
At this players i can Mention especialy Tavano and Kezman, and so manny others.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Oliveria, Collocini, Jose Mari, Junior, Laursen, JDT, Kalac, West, Reziger, Ba, Moreno.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Besfort said:
Foggia is having a good season at Cagliari nothing else. Seeing him moving to a bigger team , is seeing him warming the bench to that team. He is only 1.68 and plays as a winger, but remember, he is not Davids or Carlos.
There are so manny players that in one season they play very well , then a big team goes for them and in the end nothing.
Good enough 4 Italy , good enough 4 Liverpool but he cant stay in Milan ? :D
I guess u r right though , Liverpool will pay millions just 2 get a bench warmer.
We needed a flanker like him but his presence will disturb the tranquility of Ancelotti’s golden boys so he was gone.
Now we wont have a choice but 2 accept our midfield 2 have 50% average games / season coz “its what we have” with Gour , Emerson & Brocchi as silent bench warmers + fielded as a last resort.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Yuchen Li said:
Oliveria, Collocini, Jose Mari, Junior, Laursen, JDT, Kalac, West, Reziger, Ba, Moreno.
Agree with most of the names. But JDT? His 12 goals was instrumental in us winning the 04 scudetto. Of course he was righly overshadowed by Sheva and Kaka in that season. But JDT was a very reliable and dependable striker.

Good thing mzk57 was no longer around to see your post :D (remember him?)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
gaizka22 said:
Good thing mzk57 was no longer around to see your post :D (remember him?)
Dida.
It's as simple as that :cool:

I believe mzk was my first big signing to ignore list :proud:

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
gaizka22 said:
Agree with most of the names. But JDT? His 12 goals was instrumental in us winning the 04 scudetto. Of course he was righly overshadowed by Sheva and Kaka in that season. But JDT was a very reliable and dependable striker.
Well we signed JDT for free from Feyenoord and as you said he scored 12 goals which is not bad at all.He scored in the derby against Inter+some other goals so he was not a flop at all...
IMO he was better then Jose Mari,Moreno,Oil for whom we payed dearly....

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Could we count Patrick Vieira ?I'm Not sure how much we payed to get him but he only played 2-4 games for Milan. Florian Raduiscu (?) He played well for Romania at USA '94, we signed him and he didn't really do a thing.I think we played big bucks for him as well.

Otherwise the usual suspects that people have already mentioned....plus Emerson.

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Besfort said:

He can SURELY fill Seedorf's role in our 4-3-2-1 formation.

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wild said:
Good enough 4 Italy , good enough 4 Liverpool but he cant stay in Milan ? :D
I guess u r right though , Liverpool will pay millions just 2 get a bench warmer.
We needed a flanker like him but his presence will disturb the tranquility of Ancelotti’s golden boys so he was gone.
Now we wont have a choice but 2 accept our midfield 2 have 50% average games / season coz “its what we have” with Gour , Emerson & Brocchi as silent bench warmers + fielded as a last resort.

We all know that Milan doesent play with atacking wingers. Anchelotti knows way better than me , but i would try it at least. I think that was the reason why they didnt keep Foggia.
Im not against if he stayed in Milan.. but even if i hate Seedorf, he is better than Foggia for sure.

gahanthegod said:
He can SURELY fill Seedorf's role in our 4-3-2-1 formation.

Belive me.. even if Ronaldinho comes here, he wont take Seedorf out of first eleven.

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Besfort said:
Belive me.. even if Ronaldinho comes here, he wont take Seedorf out of first eleven.

Unfortunately, that's true, but I was talking about the quality, man ;)