Young in are squad

stephen tapper

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
This is by Sandro on Milan News, makes a good point

If Merkel had been a Manchester United player at this time would already be in the first team for some time, have already made ​​significant experiences, would have accrued in personality and become an important investment for your company.
Unfortunately for him he grew up in Milan and in AC Milan to play the young must be ... old. Merkel had amply demonstrated in the few pieces that were offered, only eighteen years old, from Milan to be sure: good technique, game viewing, running, and even personality (ask Ibra, in this regard, sent to hell for not returned the ball in an important occasion).
Yet, curiously, in a midfield that has high technical values ​​but also need to extensively modernize and speed up, Merkel was sent away because the risk of burning, and in its place comes Nocerino. With all due respect to Nocerino, an honest worker in the midfield, this policy makes sense? It is the policy of the shrimp?
Only in Italy there is risk of fire and unfortunately this is not the first time that Milan loses interesting young for his excessive conservatism.
Abbiati has his age, began to falter with more and more ducks obvious, we have the best prospect among the young goalkeepers, that Antonio Donnarumma who with his extraordinary parades is holding up the cabin of Gubbio, and sent him away. Let's imagine for a moment what would have happened if he had been promising young Donnarumma to do like a duck (tante!) is doing Abbiati. Open up the sky! It would be finished in the third division and no one would have seen, has instead, even if recurrent, is still there.
That's why you burn the young, because you do not have any patience with them, that instead it allows players to infinitely far ahead over the years.
We have left-back in the future, De Sciglio, yet it hurts you prefer to move the Abbot and seasoned and award-Accident Bonera on the wing, rather than putting De Sciglio.
In attack we have El Shaarawi, arguably the best grass champ around the league and we look for the thirty Saviola, who has never broke down anywhere.
AC Milan no longer has the economic strength to renew the team draws the best elements, and adults have already established, the rest of the world and then, courage, we have good young people, now let's give him confidence! Sandro

We abandoned Merkel, he has only 90 Mins all season long in Serie A

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
He's somewhat right. It's why I worry about our youth plan. We've been snapping up some of best 16-17 year olds for 3-4 years now but I worry we cannot develop them....

However we shouldn't worry about Merkel yet. He had a thigh strain which kept him out of training from mid august till september 20th. So really he started training about 1.5 weeks before international break. He made is debut right after. I hope he stays a fixture for Genoa. Bring him back

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Bring In Strass (Boss replacement) + Merkel (Seedo replacement) + Antonio Donnarumma (Our new Future GK) and give chance to De Sciglio in LB as sub with TT.

where is Masster when we need him?!

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
the development issue is huge. we have stockpiled a lot of young talent, but I dont trust us to develop it properly.

and it worries me when we actually use young players and senior team players choose not to pass to them and instead attempt make more difficult passes to other older players in worse positions.

Also, isnt De Sciglio a RB? We have two really promising LBs out on loan though in De Vito, who is starting in Serie B, and Didac, who was named to the U-21 Euro team of the Tourney, and is starting in Spain.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I bet Didac has no future with milan. Honestly if he did WHY would we loan him back to espanyol? Atleast send him to a serie a team

Frustrating cause angel looks good for roma. I'm sure didac could get time at a serie a club

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I bet Didac has no future with milan. Honestly if he did WHY would we loan him back to espanyol? Atleast send him to a serie a team

Frustrating cause angel looks good for roma. I'm sure didac could get time at a serie a club

I dont know, but why was Albertazzi loaned to Spain as well? Maybe it has been because Spanish clubs have a better track record of playing and developing youth players recently.

Didiac got to go to a team he was comfortable with and was pretty much assured a starting spot... maybe they felt that working in a league which is more favorable for attackers would be better to develop his defensive skills? idk

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I dont know, but why was Albertazzi loaned to Spain as well? Maybe it has been because Spanish clubs have a better track record of playing and developing youth players recently.

Didiac got to go to a team he was comfortable with and was pretty much assured a starting spot... maybe they felt that working in a league which is more favorable for attackers would be better to develop his defensive skills? idk

This is a good point.

I hope you're right.

I dunno if they'll make it of course (you can never tell) but I have to see opportunities wasted. Atleast prove they can't make it before we sell (unless of course they are an asset in a deal we shouldn't pass up...)

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This is a good point.

I hope you're right.

I dunno if they'll make it of course (you can never tell) but I have to see opportunities wasted. Atleast prove they can't make it before we sell (unless of course they are an asset in a deal we shouldn't pass up...)

another possibility I thought of is that a loan abroad prevents the need for co-ownerships which seem to be almost mandatory for a player to get time in Serie A.

but yeah I dont like to see players go before I feel that they got a true chance. I didnt think that Sokratis got a fair chance last year, I felt that he should have been used when Silva was hurt or at backup RB, and that Yepes should have been Nesta's backup. I think he showed some talents but needed to work on his marking responsibilities and that playing with a field general like Nesta or Yepes would have helped him.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini

Albertazzi was loaned to Spain because HE wanted so. He had several offers, but decided to pick Getafe's offer and that's why he's @ Getafe.

Didac was used to the team + they wanted him a lot and thus he was guaranteed a starting position...so he was definitely going to be in the place he found more comfortable ...I believe both loans were the player's choices more than anything else.

stephen tapper

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The youngest player in are Champions League match against Bate was K.P Boateng at 24.1/2 :conf::conf::conf::conf:
Allegri and Briada were talking about bringing back Merkel. Probably because he's young and of MVB and Seedorf's average performances :D

Last edited:

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
manchester united loaned welbeck,cleverley to others team for some seasons so merkel will return! merkel need time firts team in genoa.

stephen tapper

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Piscitelli and Stephan El Shaarway have been called up, The Chances of Piscitelli playing, 0, El Shaar will probably be a substitute and will have no balls played to him because the team is ageist against the young. So El Shaar will score a long drive goal.

stephen tapper

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The Average age of the lining up squad was 30.63 ( 3-0), vs Ending lining up squad (3-4 ) 29.72. Wow -1 Year, + 4 Goals. *Joke

Players over 30

Abbiati
Roma
Nesta
Zambrotta
Bonera
Yepes
MVB
Gattuso
Seedorf
Ambrosini
Ibrahimovic
Inzaghi

K. Boateng the yougest player other tha El Shaarway and look what he did.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
This thing is an Italian mentality the way I see it, not just Milan. You have to be a so called champion to play in Italy. Reminds me of Giovinco and Juve. Yes, Italians are known for their pragmatism but too much of anything is also a worry. Still can't understand why we had players like Di Gennaro and we went for the Puma. Biggest humiliation ever, signing Emerson.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I'm scared about Merkel. If you remember a few months back, Genoa president said he has a deal with Milan that will be revealed only in January. Could be Constant coming our way and Merkel staying there. I really don't trust Galliani, I must confess.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Don't worry guys. There's a reason we are concentrating on youth at the moment and that's not only to get money + to get players for our squad. All of the deals with Genoa have been for the better of both clubs (we've got the players - they are getting money), so I'm not worried.

@ Mods: can you edit the title?