Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
both deserve the shot, these are just different and justified arguments, I'm just more curious to see what cormier can do against jones

I don't think cormier would let jones impose his range and jones would need to be really dearing to come close and wrestle with a fighter with such a powerful core and technique

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gustaffson is next. I too agree DC doesn't deserve an immediate shot. Beating Pat Cummings does not mean you get a title shot right away. Before that, he beat Roy Nelson and Frank Mir in the HW in the UFC, that doesn't scream a title shot either.

If he beat someone like Phil Davis, or even Ryan Bader, I would have a better time making a case for DC to get a title shot. Granted, I think he will do really well against Jones.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dana White Says Cormier Will Get Winner Of Gustafsson vs. Bones/Glover Winner

Make no ‘Bones’ about it, Daniel Cormier, moved down to the UFC’s light-heavyweight division, solely to earn a title shot.
He may have had his wish if Rashad Evans didn’t get injured, resulting in the cancellation of their scheduled bout.
Gustafsson’s victory last weekend, put a further delay in Cormier’s contention, but the UFC boss took to twitter and said, if he waits he’s next inline.

Daniel Cormier Wants To Stay Active, Will Not Wait For Title Shot

The UFC’s light-heavyweight division is packed full of guys looking to knock off the champ and arguably best fighter in the world right now, Jon Jones. Jones is set to face Glover Teixeira in Baltimore at UFC 172 on April 26. If Jones can get past Teixeira then he will face Alexander Gustafsson for the second time. But wait, what about Daniel Cormier?
The former heavyweight was successful in his debut at light-heavyweight, easily defeating Patrick Cummins. After that fight Cormier began to push for a shot at the title, asking the UFC and Jones himself to make him the next challenger. Cormier recently talked to MMAJunkie.com and mentioned that prior to the Gustafsson vs Manuwa fight this past Saturday, the UFC told him that if Gustafsson lost then he would be next in line for the title shot. Unfortunately, Gustafsson got the TKO victory over Manuwa in the second round.
Now Gustafsson is set to face the winner of Jones vs Teixeira and instead of waiting for the winner of Gustafsson vs whoever, Cormier told MMAJunkie that he plans on staying active.
“I want to fight. Listen, I’m 35 (years old) this month. I’m not going to sit on the shelf at this point. I feel great at this weight. I need a fight.”
“I don’t see the point in sitting out for, I mean, this is going to be a long time,” Cormier said. “If I was going to sit there and wait, I could potentially be 36 years old by the time I fight. Why would I waste a whole year of my career? I don’t have that luxury.”

Jones Doesn’t Want Gustafsson or Cormier – Wants Them To Fight Each Other Instead

At UFC Fight Night in London this past weekend, Alexander “The Mauler” Gustafsson handed then, 14-0 Jimi Manuwa his first career loss via TKO. Gustafsson expressed his desire to get back in the cage with light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, during the post fight interview with Dan Hardy. Following that impressive show, UFC President Dana White announced the Gustafsson would get the winner of Jones vs. Teixeira at UFC 172. Twitter was buzzing with the excitement of a seemingly fast-approaching Jones/Gustafsson rematch, and this buzz casued Jon “ Bones” Jones to give his thoughts about the match up on the social media site:
“Why not give the winner of Alexander and [Daniel Cormier] the winner of myself and Glover??” asked Jones on Twitter. “Call me what you want but I can’t be the only person who thinks that makes perfect sense. I see DC congratulating Alexander and making comments about waiting his turn now. I wonder if they’re afraid to fight each other? People who don’t like to think are quick to call me afraid. Think about it, I’m asking for the meanest of the two would you face winner of Phil vs Anthony?”

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
UFC 171( this week end) has the makings of being one of the best cards of this year:

et7ats.png

Hoping for Condit to put on a show, the guy is my favourite fighter. Also rooting for the main event to be a bloody mess, don't particularly care who wins it.

Rest of the fights looking promising also :thumbsup:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Quagmire texts Hendricks and Robbie

:lol::lol::lol::lol::thumbsup:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
UFC 171( this week end) has the makings of being one of the best cards of this year:

Hoping for Condit to put on a show, the guy is my favourite fighter. Also rooting for the main event to be a bloody mess, don't particularly care who wins it.

Rest of the fights looking promising also :thumbsup:

Looks promising but could easily be another night full of snoozers, my expectations are not high.

Condit is a point fighter, great one at that, but definitely not the most exciting fighter in the division. I am pulling for Woodley in this one.

Jake Shield is known for putting on snoozers unless he gets finished early. I am hoping Lombard can not get blanketed, but I see it going to a decision.

Diego Sanchez and Miles Jury, might be a back and forth fight, but I think it will go to the decision again.

Win or lose, I'd like to see Lawler rematch Diaz, now that's a fight with a lot of sparks.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Looks promising but could easily be another night full of snoozers, my expectations are not high.

Condit is a point fighter, great one at that, but definitely not the most exciting fighter in the division. I am pulling for Woodley in this one.

Jake Shield is known for putting on snoozers unless he gets finished early. I am hoping Lombard can not get blanketed, but I see it going to a decision.

Diego Sanchez and Miles Jury, might be a back and forth fight, but I think it will go to the decision again.

Win or lose, I'd like to see Lawler rematch Diaz, now that's a fight with a lot of sparks.

That can't be farther from the truth mate, out of 29 wins:

• 14 by k.o
  • 13 by sub.
  • Only 2 by decisions.

Hendicks missed weight !

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That can't be farther from the truth mate, out of 29 wins:

• 14 by k.o
  • 13 by sub.
  • Only 2 by decisions.

Hendicks missed weight !

His recent fights? He's played it safe in his fights with any title implications (Diaz, GSP, Hendrix). He used to be exciting but he plays it safe, not saying it's bad just saying it makes uninteresting fights (like recent UFC events)

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What a load of bull shit, Condit was winning that fight and that shit happened :fp:

Il watch the main event later, so pissed off:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What a load of bull shit, Condit was winning that fight and that shit happened :fp:

Il watch the main event later, so pissed off:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Dude...Condit was not winning that fight. It was close but many reputable sources and myself all gave round one to Woodley. Granted, I agree, that was a shitty ending.

You skipped out on the main event?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dude...Condit was not winning that fight. It was close but many reputable sources and myself all gave round one to Woodley. Granted, I agree, that was a shitty ending.

You skipped out on the main event?

Yes he did win round one, but Woodley had already slowed significantly and Condit was just starting to push the pace. I think Condit was moments away from really taking over the round and either would have won the decision or submitted Woodley.

He is known for being a 5 round fighter and he always does this push the pace after his opponent gasses out which like always Woodley started to do.

As for the main event, i watched it eventually. It was good 2-2 first 4 rounds maybe 3-1 to Lawler who i think either had a brain fart or gassed out in round 5 where Hendricks almost smashed him.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm back to jiu-jitsu and I've been searching for standing fight solutions for heavyweights in order to try to always be on top so I decided to watch wrestling videos and this man is unbeliveable

beast

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fuck herb dean and this early decisions

josh rosenthal is the one for fights like this, too bad we're living under absurd rules and one cannot have 1 million dollars in weed without going to jail

it was a great fight while it lasted though

shovhendo.gif

BjdQvNAIIAASvn_.jpg

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lyoto vs Chris postponed for July, the later got injured in training...FUUUUUUUUUUUU:fp::thumbsdown:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
fuck herb dean and this early decisions

josh rosenthal is the one for fights like this, too bad we're living under absurd rules and one cannot have 1 million dollars in weed without going to jail

it was a great fight while it lasted though

shovhendo.gif

BjdQvNAIIAASvn_.jpg

poor Shogun, I think hes done...

Sir Crookodile

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, K.Honda, Mugen, PRINCE, Ibra, Balotelli, Niang
ufc 171

OSP :b::b::b: I remember seeing him in Strikeforce, always liked him. Glad that he is climbing steadily. Iirc Krylov was hailed as one of the big talents from east europe, not sure how accurate my info was but it was a slick finish :thumbsup:

Diego Sanchez...omg. Annoying. Glad that he lost. For whatever reason I can't stand hyperactive guys like him, It's probably cuz' I care less about intimidation and hype than before. Now I only enjoy a Dan Henderson type of staredown...and someone backing that up :D

Lombard looks very much tailor-made for welterweight. REmember when he got suffocated and simply dragged down by Okami in a bigger weight, but now he looks fresch and always dangerous.

Condit knee is unfortunate, but Woodley capitilized on it so I don't see anything weird with the outcome of the fight. It could've, would've, might've but who cares? Woodley did what Lawler didn't manage to do against Hendricks.

Hendricks tbh, even if I still felt annoyance about him and DW acts towards GSP, I just can't downplay what he did.

He looked "sloppy efficent" when striking..like a much less volume-punching Diaz...but much more important, he showed Champion material by sticking around in tough water. I honestly thought Lawler would've gained the upperhand coming into the last round (had it 2-2 prior to that) but he shut him down. It's partly Lawler's fault but also thanks to the pure commitment Hendricks pulled off.

Great fight.

---

also, I saw after that he didn't manage the weigh-in. That might explain why he looked sloppy. I don't know why but he needs to fix that, not so much because of the professionalism that goes with it, but more that he'll have problem in the future if he relies on grinding matches like these.

edit: Used to read MMA articles every single day, haven't read a single one this year :/

Sir Crookodile

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ehhhh?!!?!?

WTF?!?!

Georges St-Pierre ‏@GeorgesStPierre Mar 27

Tore my left ACL in training. Surgery in a few days. Rehab, pain, hard work, no shortcuts- I'll soon be back at 100%. Thanks for the support

I always follow his twitter weekly and they are easygoing just like I'd expect...and then all of sudden this????????

Man, both knees ACL off now?? Come on bro!!!! wtf did he think???? should've chilled, enjoyed life...instead fucks up the other knee. Seriously :fp::cry:!!

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Steve_Carl_vs._Rousimar_Palhares.gif

toquinho is the new WSOF welterweight champion

look at this crazy man on his guard trying to finish toquinho and then trying to resist his leg-lock

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
silly man...

should have been A LOT more careful with his feet placement as soon as his triangle/omoplata attempt was done. I would have also tapped a lot sooner, I guess he really wanted to keep his belt.

Palhares is no joke man. Like him or not, he is one of the most dangerous guys in the game and can easily fuck anybody in his division up with one of his heel hooks if he has a good day. I hope he learns his lesson and goes back to the UFC where he belongs.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
silly man...

should have been A LOT more careful with his feet placement as soon as his triangle/omoplata attempt was done. I would have also tapped a lot sooner, I guess he really wanted to keep his belt.

Palhares is no joke man. Like him or not, he is one of the most dangerous guys in the game and can easily fuck anybody in his division up with one of his heel hooks if he has a good day. I hope he learns his lesson and goes back to the UFC where he belongs.

he got fired from ufc because of his last leg-lock submission

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Sir Crookodile

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*because he was a cunt you mean.

:lol::lol: but iirc the referee had very bad timing as well. He saw the supposed lock, went in, thought it was false..stepped back, then they changed the angle (back against referee) but this time he actually got it. So cunt or not, referee timing didn't help.

Not sure if want him back but that time it felt in less light than previous one.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:lol::lol: but iirc the referee had very bad timing as well. He saw the supposed lock, went in, thought it was false..stepped back, then they changed the angle (back against referee) but this time he actually got it. So cunt or not, referee timing didn't help.

Not sure if want him back but that time it felt in less light than previous one.

I saw the incident a while back, but that's not really how i remember it. I think it was clear that he held on to the leg way to long when the other guy was screaming to let go.

Yes the ref should have step in sooner, but he could have also stopped. I don't believe in that " heat" of the moment bull shit.

Anyway, BISPING VS. KENNEDY is later on this month(on the 17th) happy to see Bisping back at it. Hope he smashes Kennedy, the guy's a prick.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I saw the incident a while back, but that's not really how i remember it. I think it was clear that he held on to the leg way to long when the other guy was screaming to let go.

Yes the ref should have step in sooner, but he could have also stopped. I don't believe in that " heat" of the moment bull shit.

Anyway, BISPING VS. KENNEDY is later on this month(on the 17th) happy to see Bisping back at it. Hope he smashes Kennedy, the guy's a prick.

I believe if you are a dick before the fight and attack your opponent, you kinda deserve having a sub being held too long (Mike Pierce)

Kennedy is from the city I am from and knows A LOT of my training partners. Apparently this guy is a Green beret and is a absolute warrior. I don't know care for either one of them to be honest (I think Kennedy is kind of boring) but why do you say he's a prick?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I believe if you are a dick before the fight and attack your opponent, you kinda deserve having a sub being held too long (Mike Pierce)

Kennedy is from the city I am from and knows A LOT of my training partners. Apparently this guy is a Green beret and is a absolute warrior. I don't know care for either one of them to be honest (I think Kennedy is kind of boring) but why do you say he's a prick?

He talks a lot of shit regarding Bisping, basically he trashed talked his way into this fight. Which im not really opposed to, but his trash talk is boring and lame.