Giacomo Bonaventura Thread

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Shame his current form is so bad. When Gattuso came aboard it really looked lile he finaly stepped up his game. Now it's alresdy the third game in a row where he's very very underwhelming.

And yeah I'm ssying two or three games because IMO he had some great gsmes with lots of quantity and quality in jan/feb and was doing only slightly inferior in esrly march.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I don’t know if it is because of the injury but he ain’t as dynamic as before the injury. He was never a good passer but at least he used to be very good at dribbling and create space for the other players. Now he can’t even beat one single man and he became extremely selfish.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don’t know if it is because of the injury but he ain’t as dynamic as before the injury. He was never a good passer but at least he used to be very good at dribbling and create space for the other players. Now he can’t even beat one single man and he became extremely selfish.

Jack was always slightly selfish and like I said before he hold the ball too long. Unfortunately he is becoming a mayor eyesore when he has to defend if it was not for VAR it would have been another goal against us (Dybala's) because of Jack. Jack was also the one that carelessly lost the ball the could have cost us dearly if Icardi did not miss that sitter.

Add to insult that he can not make a simple through ball for neither of our forwards in a counter.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
When Bona become bench player, Milan will be top 4 team.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
funny thing is, when he was on his good spell and people criticized him for hogging the ball too much, jack fanboys laughed at them

well, who's laughing now (mino)

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Jack was always slightly selfish and like I said before he hold the ball too long. Unfortunately he is becoming a mayor eyesore when he has to defend if it was not for VAR it would have been another goal against us (Dybala's) because of Jack. Jack was also the one that carelessly lost the ball the could have cost us dearly if Icardi did not miss that sitter.

Add to insult that he can not make a simple through ball for neither of our forwards in a counter.

I've said these things over and over but was ridiculed for it. Bonaventura is an average player that's capable of having big games for mid-table sides if he's allowed the ball to keep trying for what he wants to do.

For us, AT BEST he should be a spark off the bench to light things up.

I understand Rino's methods and how he is defending his players, but deep down inside there is no way he is happy with Bonaventura's production and had we had any suitable replacements he would be benched for playing this way.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Every player has terrible periods of form, get over it.

He needs to be benched for Silva in the next match.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I've said these things over and over but was ridiculed for it. Bonaventura is an average player that's capable of having big games for mid-table sides if he's allowed the ball to keep trying for what he wants to do.

For us, AT BEST he should be a spark off the bench to light things up.

I understand Rino's methods and how he is defending his players, but deep down inside there is no way he is happy with Bonaventura's production and had we had any suitable replacements he would be benched for playing this way.

We all know this but we had the chance to buy a LW and we didn't. He was always going to be in our lineup from the beginning so deal with it.
We need to buy 1/2 wingers in the summer and he will be a good option off the bench

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Every player has terrible periods of form, get over it.

He needs to be benched for Silva in the next match.

We all know this but we had the chance to buy a LW and we didn't. He was always going to be in our lineup from the beginning so deal with it.
We need to buy 1/2 wingers in the summer and he will be a good option off the bench

I mean, him playing like crap does not affect me personally so I am "over it". It's our team that has to "deal with it" when he repeatedly puts up shit performances.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's a real shame. Yes we need new players on the left. I'm hoping much more for cutrones form to improve. I hope he gets us a few wins in the next few games. I hope mirabelli sees the light in the summer.

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
This team needs a WC midfielder to rile up Hakan, Bona, and Kessie

Biglia, Monto, and Loca are not capable of doing that at all

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Jack is a good squad player, nothing more, nothing less.

He used to have confidence which led to him occasionally trying the special move and create something more than the next guy. It also led to him hogging the ball more than others.

Now he lost his confidence and together with his limited athleticism he ends up being underwhelming.

There's little use of further discussion really. He's neither an asset we can cash in a substantial amount of money on, nor someone we can rely on

To put it short, he definitely needs to be replaced but he has a place in the team where he's given less responsability which besides giving us a versatile player might also help his confidence and contribution.

Last edited:

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Forgot about Mino....hmm...

Either way for me

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Jack is a good squad player, nothing more, nothing less.

He used to have confidence which led to him occasionally trying the special move and create something more than the next guy. It also led to him hogging the ball more than others.

Now he lost his confidence and together with his limited athleticism he ends up being underwhelming.

There's little use of further discussion really. He's neither an asset we can cash in a substantial amount of money on, nor someone we can rely on

To put it short, he definitely needs to be replaced but he has a place in the team where he's given less responsability which besides giving us a versatile player might also help his confidence and contribution.

He’s also very lacking defensively and does not have a particularly high work rate. I see him as another Nocerino if he sees less time playing, cash now please

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
:star:

Marvellous goal!

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Good goal... hit the woodwork as well.

Still want him sold come summer time.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i would give all our starting 11 one more season to prove themselves. but bona and suso needs to know their place in starting lineup is not secure.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
i would give all our starting 11 one more season to prove themselves. but bona and suso needs to know their place in starting lineup is not secure.

Ideally, both of them should be sub or rotational players for us. Both of them have potential to be starting XI, but consistency is missing for that atm. Or maybe they're just gassed and demotivated from all these sucky years. I hope Rino can slap that out of them.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

No rush like..we can go another season without UCL :o

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
This guy should be tried on the right...his cutting in so predictable.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score

typical fickle fandom. Score one goal and people start singing a different tune.

We have had a few seasons of this. And the end result is non CL qualification. This season is already one season too late.

Insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
great player, wish this is a start when he can regain his previous form, keep it up.

Schedule