Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Does anyone happen to have the links to Paolo Maldini's film? :)

Cure - Last Day of Summer is going to get played 100 time again in my playlist over the next week.

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ

Cure - Last Day of Summer is going to get played 100 time again in my playlist over the next week.

Watching at the moment. Thank you for posting this :thumbsup:

I don't know how you people manage to always find the best stuff on the net, but believe me, I'm very grateful.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
Do you have the links uploaded via another upload site? Best be a one that allows you to resume a download when you stop it.

Unfortunately those are the only links I was able to find. If you use Firefox it should allow you to pause downloads coming from any upload site? If you don't, you could try downloading this program called JDownloader, you can pause and resume downloads whenever you want (http://jdownloader.org/).

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I wish we could tempt him out of retirement to play left-back.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score

Does anyone happen to know the name of the song during the Inter game (the one with the Saachi, Leo, Vieri, Sheva interviews)?

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know the name of the song during the Inter game (the one with the Saachi, Leo, Vieri, Sheva interviews)?

Check the credits, that's how I found this 1:

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Better than all the GOAL movies combined and more. Paolo should be given an Oscar for for the best actor award in that movie ;)

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
Better than all the GOAL movies combined and more. Paolo should be given an Oscar for for the best actor award in that movie ;)

That's the thing, GOAL had actors portraying some ghey fictional character. In this, Paolo was just being himself ;)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I know this one. But the credits are kinda hard to read because of the picture quality, so still trying to figure out the name of the song during the Inter game...
Time helps a lot more than visuals on a 2h video ;)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
can you be any more cryptic?

Timeline of when the song is played helps a lot more than the info of what's going on. So that if someone tries to help you he/she doesn't need to watch the whole thing to find the part in question.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Timeline of when the song is played helps a lot more than the info of what's going on. So that if someone tries to help you he/she doesn't need to watch the whole thing to find the part in question.

aah...k

To make things a bit simpler, it's at the start of this video:

:)

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I just spent like 3-4 hours downloading the second part of the dvd [ downloaded the first part like 2 in the morning..and left it to finish and went to sleep ] ...only to get "download interrupted" at the very very fucken end.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
aah...k

To make things a bit simpler, it's at the start of this video:
:)
You mean this?

I just spent like 3-4 hours downloading the second part of the dvd [ downloaded the first part like 2 in the morning..and left it to finish and went to sleep ] ...only to get "download interrupted" at the very very fucken end.
When the dvd came out, internet was different and it took me 2 months to get it. Only to find out no English subtitles. Got it with subtitles in a few years though.

Tough job being a pirate. :lol:

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hahaha. I'm kinda pissed off I didn't know this dvd existed on the net before. Tuesday will be my last night in my current home [ for the summer], and on Wednesday am going back to my hometown. Thing is here I have a shitty unlimited connection - down there I have a pretty decent LIMITED connection...so downloading 900 MB on an unlimited seemed like a much better plan here....I don't have enough time to download them all though:(. Hopefully, I'll download as much as I can...and I'll wait for next month [ a new internet plan is supposed to start working....I'll be getting 20 gb a month ] ....to download the rest.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
wrong thread.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Left back: Paolo Maldini

By Zito

If the left backs are the real men of the pitch, then the Clint Eastwood of the position is surely the greatest left back of all time to me, Paolo Maldini. If the word class was still pure in it’s definition rather than watered down and ineffective after being thrown around so carelessly, it would be synonymous with Maldini. It is synonymous with Maldini. Twenty five years of top level football, a one club man, over sixteen years in the Italian national team and he has the nerve, the nerve to win Uefa’s best defender trophy at the ungodly age of 39. This man has clearly found the fountain of youth and refuses to share, not because he’s selfish, no he’s too classy for that, he’s not sharing because he understands that age and death is necessary and natural and that the fountain of youth would throw the world into chaos. Yes that’s the kind of man he is, always thinking of others before himself.

No statistic or comparison can actually do justice to what an influence Maldini was, and this is not “influence” as in “too old to really contribute but can still be a leader in the locker room”, Maldini played every single one of his 902 matches for Milan as if it was his first, shutting down forwards, stealing the ball right from their feet rather than recklessly lunging in like some sort of De Jong creature, and in the latter part of his career, forming the formidable hair trio with Nesta and Pirlo. He may have never been an inhuman rocket powered train like Roberto Carlos but there was not one thing he didn’t do, attack, defense, midfield sideways passes, elegantly brushing his hair back after another tumble with some misguided forward who probably read his fortune wrong thinking that he could bamboozle II Capitano with his fancy step-overs and cutbacks.

There is a sad part to this beautiful story, barring the respect and admiration of everyone who played with him and/or against him, the most perfect defender never won anything with his national team. If that makes you feel sad, remember this, he won five Champion League trophies with Milan and numerous other trophies that he would probably disregard as nothing compared to wearing the Milan shirt and the captain’s armband because that’s just what he does. Class.

The definition of what a captain should be, I’ve always believed the best captains should be defenders because they’re usually the meanest dogs in the park, they should instill fear in the opponent and their own teammates but more out of respect than anything, plus they have a very good view of the game rivaled only by the manager and the goalkeepers. Maldini was all of this, he was mean in his ruthless efforts to halt all who went to his side, no one was allowed to pass, forwards often recall him to being similar to Gandalf the Wizard. He was widely respected by teammates and opponents alike, Nesta, Kaka, Del Piero, Baggio, Alex Ferguson even named him as his favorite player. Plus, he was a like-able and fair captain, not the might be leaving to Barcelona type, or the banging his best friend’s wife type, or even my favorite, the diving Roman thumb sucking type.

From 16 years old to 40 years young, perfect defender, impeccable captain, devourer of forwards, Milanese symbol, Paolo Maldini, Real Man! My favorite left back and all around defender, so good Inter cloned him and renamed him Zanetti.

http://www.surrealfootball.com/2011/07/12/left-back-paolo-maldini/

LoLInter

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Cavani, Ibra, Totti, Gattuso, Del Piero, T.Silva, Nesta, Lampard, El Shaarawy
Just read someone comment this on espn:

"Maldini is a legend but no where near Messi, Maradona, Ronaldo "FAT", Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Zidane, Best, Figo etc."

:fp::lol: Messi and Cristina doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as Maldini :o

Last edited:

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9

Great find Jasper. This should be compulsory viewing for anyone who even so much as flirts with the idea of being interested in football.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Great article Jasper!

zizousama

Milanisti Forever
Reaction score
He needs to get back to Milan and be involved in our future already. However, I think that he believes that he will not be able to contribute the way he wants to with B&G.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Signature/avatar material:
tumblr_lra962ho9U1qfxktpo1_250.jpg

tumblr_lra962ho9U1qfxktpo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lmznwb8po51qfxktpo1_500.png

Last edited:

Schedule