Alessandro Nesta Thread

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Aag3HSqCIAAFVs_.jpg

https://twitter.com/#!/endlessfever/status/119405988527874048/photo/1

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
Beautiful :proud:

If he doesnt retire this season, and Ambro, Seedorf, and Gattuso are gone....he better be captain!

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Please recover quickly Sandro...PLEASE!!!!

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva
We fell apart defensively when he went off.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
clone him, very important player

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
fuck I hope he is alright! Question though, where's Yepes, not sure if I missed something with him but he would of been handy yesterday.

Come on Nesta, speedy recovery!

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We fell apart defensively when he went off.

Agreed. Milan started to get a foothold in the game between 45 and 60 minutes, after the defence (presumably on Allegri's instruction - credit to him for that) started to squeeze up and try to close Juventus' space. Nesta was the main driver behind that move, as he repeatedly stepped out of the backline in order to get tight to Vucinic and try to win the ball earlier. After he went off, Milan dropped right off again and got pegged back, allowing Juventus to exert sustained pressure. Despite their lack of brains/quality, that dominance was bound to pay off eventually.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed. Milan started to get a foothold in the game between 45 and 60 minutes, after the defence (presumably on Allegri's instruction - credit to him for that) started to squeeze up and try to close Juventus' space. Nesta was the main driver behind that move, as he repeatedly stepped out of the backline in order to get tight to Vucinic and try to win the ball earlier. After he went off, Milan dropped right off again and got pegged back, allowing Juventus to exert sustained pressure. Despite their lack of brains/quality, that dominance was bound to pay off eventually.

Agree. And also, I think tiredness played a role. Players faded physically, simply not running, pressing and fighting enough anymore after 75~80 minutes or so.
It had already happened against Udinese and Cesena btw...

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agree. And also, I think tiredness played a role. Players faded physically, simply not running, pressing and fighting enough anymore after 75~80 minutes or so.
It had already happened against Udinese and Cesena btw...

That's true. I'm possibly being too harsh on the defence for dropping deeper, since that just happens naturally in most matches as players tire and the game stretches.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Ur talking sense here (I'm on some wine effects so I'll probably have to re-read this). To a point before him going out we had Juventus doing shots from outside the box, limiting them inside, that said they also had no no.9, which to a point is the reason they didn't penetrated our defense too much (by that i mean gettin' inside the vox), and to a point is the reason they were able to have such a great pressin' game. Anyway, yah I agree around those minutes its when we were closin down spaces better (though also take in count i doubt jube could do a 90 min pressing game like the one they were doing, which was excelent), and pressin in defense a bit more up, it was a moment were i thought aahh maybe we'll scape with 1 pt from here...oh well shit happens.

RollingPapers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Prince, Gattuso, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Abate, Seedorf, Van Bommel
tumblr_lsgs7eaQOj1qby504o1_500.jpg

For the record

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Get well soon Sandro!

I luv u <3

Blade of Faith

A New Hope
Reaction score
Blame Bonera again and again, you're a virtuoso in defensive skills.
But teaching a dumb like him year after year won't make a significant different.
When you give a little lecture to talented player like TS33, he's become master in defence.
But bonera ..... :fp:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hope he gets well soon. I think he will perform better once he gets a bit more rest with Mexes rotating in

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice pic, but also not a big deal. That's just the face of someone frustrated with his own injury and feeling pain (and Nesta has a lot of reason to be worried/sad about it due to his past suffering with injuries).

He was not mad or something.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Any word on what the trouble is?

Read on milannews.it that it was a meniscus problem. To what extent, I don't know. Hopefully, we'll know something sometime this week.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Read on milannews.it that it was a meniscus problem. To what extent, I don't know. Hopefully, we'll know something sometime this week.

i hope he's not out for a long time, i don't wanna see bonera on the pitch again

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
he'll b retired by then

Hopefully. I am tired of seeing him sully himself. Was my alltime favourite defender, now just a shadow. The confident look he use to have in his eyes has oozed out, now just looks like he trying his best to keep it together. Very sad indeed.:head:

Fiero

Reaction score
Hopefully. I am tired of seeing him sully himself. Was my alltime favourite defender, now just a shadow. The confident look he use to have in his eyes has oozed out, now just looks like he trying his best to keep it together. Very sad indeed.:head:

Are you mad? Or are you just kidding yourself? Nesta has been our best defender this season. The performance vs Barcelona should shut up any talk of people doubting his current quality.

Was our best defender vs Juve as well. We lost the plot when he went off and eventually conceded twice.

Nesta's brain is clearly underrated by some over here. His game never relies on physicality. It's about organization and reading the game. Surely age takes its toll a bit, but he's still one of the best defenders around and will continue to be until he calls it a day.

Nesta is still first name on the team-sheet to me.

Schedule