Jose Mourinho Thread

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
Ferguson: I don't know why he (Mourinho) has done this, maybe he is trying to unsettle the boy. But it is really below the belt to bring class into it. Just because you come from a poor, working-class background does not mean to say you are not educated. What Ronaldo has are principles, that is why he has not responded to it. Other people are educated but have no principles.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=426722&cc=4716

lolz... lookin' forward to Mourinho's response...

LOL :D I wonder how bitter the great Mourinho is. After spending millions in the tranfer market year in and year out, he has failed to guide his team to a single Champions League final. I wont be suprised if gets fired at the end of the season.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
fired? no way... winnin' the Carlin' Cup proves what a great club they are... Abramovich is overjoyed as he has never won it before...

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Guys you need to take the things Maureen says with a pinch of salt. Yes, sometimes he is annoyingly irrational and the things he says(constant complaining etc) piss people off. But its not as if Ferg or Wenger haven't done it in the past either.I think all three of them are good managers, but the true gentleman is Benitez

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
Hes just proven himself how mediocre he is when comes to pressure situations and tactics. He might have had the best squad for three seasons, but the squad was running on its own momentum all this long. His bantoring about his leadershit and his specialness was revealed last night when he decided to play Joey alone.

More over, who the fuck, in the manager world says so much ill about his players and shows their bias in team selections? Khalid Boulahrouz was the most sensible CB after Carvalho. Robben and Joe Cole would have given them a good start but I guess he had fitness problems. And Mikel did his boss good when he only merely became the shadow of a Mascherano.

All in all, Maureen has proved herself to be really shit, and I couldnt be happier. See? I told you! :)

p.s. Still the idiot wont accept defeat and say Liverpool might have played better considering they converted 4 penalties... idiot!

Metalheadache

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Janku, Kaka, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Pippo, Gilardino, Dida & Co.
Axl said:
Guys you need to take the things Maureen says with a pinch of salt. Yes, sometimes he is annoyingly irrational and the things he says(constant complaining etc) piss people off. But its not as if Ferg or Wenger haven't done it in the past either.I think all three of them are good managers, but the true gentleman is Benitez

The trio are no doubt great managers, but yeah they can't be like ol' Carlo who keeps his calm always ..yeap Rafa is a gentleman alright, but sorry Mr. Rafa this isnt your season it's Mr.Carlo's

acmilan.com
BENITEZ ON MILAN-MAN UNITED
5/2/2007
Liverpool coach Rafael Benitez has been speaking about the Milan-Man United and said: 'It's difficult to predict. Man United are very dangerous on the counter-attack and very fast, while Milan have great technique and can control the game.

and mourinho would have said we have Sheva to bring them down :D

Last edited:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
hadnt seen this before: pretty funny
Mourinho at wwe

not much happens....but its cool to see him at something like this.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mourinho has apologised

Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has personally apologised for reportedly criticising his upbringing.

Mourinho was quoted as describing the 22-year-old as 'ill-educated, disrespectful and immature' after the Portugal international claimed the Stamford Bridge boss could never admit he made a mistake.

However, the pair appear to have patched up their differences.

'Mourinho has apologised to me and now I have no problem with him,' Ronaldo told the Daily Mirror.

'I am pleased that this has happened. As far as I am concerned, the whole thing is now in the past.'

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=428749&cc=4716

LOLZ... humble pie for Mourinho...

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Apologizing now is pointless ...

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
pipa said:
Apologizing now is pointless ...

Im just glad he did it. He even congratulated Man Utf for winnig the league which was something i never thought he would do. So ill give him credit for that :)

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
Maureen said:
'I am pleased that this has happened. As far as I am concerned, the whole thing is now in the past.'
Sadly, things in life dont work that way. C. Ronaldo will always, always carry this with him where ever he plays. And he should. Maureen had no right to talk about his upbring considering many already assume Maureen became a Bi just to get to the top :o

Two of Portugal's future will-bes already at war, looking good :( :head:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ORez said:
Sadly, things in life dont work that way. C. Ronaldo will always, always carry this with him where ever he plays. And he should. Maureen had no right to talk about his upbring considering many already assume Maureen became a Bi just to get to the top :o

Two of Portugal's future will-bes already at war, looking good :( :head:
LOL... at war only in your own mind...

Plucked Eyebrow should have kept it zipped, plain + simple, rather than comment on sth he doesn't know shit about. HE was the one being disrespectful in the first place ! If I were Mou I would have never apologized to that punk :o

Mr C

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:

Plucked Eyebrow should have kept it zipped, plain + simple, rather than comment on sth he doesn't know shit about. HE was the one being disrespectful in the first place ! If I were Mou I would have never apologized to that punk :o
So your saying Jose was justified in bringing someone's personal upbringing into the game of football then?

kats

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
At least the guy loves his dog...A bit of a girly choice, though. I hope he got the Yorkie back.

Mourinho 'arrested' in pet dog row

Press Association
Wednesday May 16, 2007 7:03 AM

Chelsea Football Club manager Jose Mourinho was arrested and cautioned after an argument with police over his pet dog, it has been reported.

The Sun said Mourinho snapped at officers who wanted to put his Yorkshire terrier in quarantine, fearing it had been taken abroad, then back to Britain, without jabs.

The newspaper said Mourinho refused to let police take the dog and got into an argument with officers.

He received a caution for obstructing police at a west London police station.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said officers went to an address in central London at 7.45pm on Tuesday with an officer from the Animal Health and Welfare Service.

He said: "A 44-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of obstructing police and was taken to a west London police station.

"He subsequently received a caution for obstructing police."

SOURCE

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:

He was the one being disrespectful? LOL There is a limit to how much bullshit you believe and buy. Mourinho was being his typical sore looser self+failing to admit his mistakes+simply not good enough like his fav Drogba. He knew he made a mistake and apologized. Ofcourse you would not have appologized because you are not a class act :o

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!
Mourinho 'arrested after dog row'

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho was arrested and cautioned after arguing with police about his dog, according to reports.

Newspaper reports claim police went to his London home to help put the dog into quarantine, fearing it had been taken abroad and back without jabs.

Scotland Yard confirmed the dog was to be seized under the Animal Health Act of 1981 and Rabies Order Act of 1974.

"A man was arrested on suspicion of obstructing police. He was later cautioned," said a police spokesman.

Mourinho, 44, was attending Chelsea's player-of-the-year awards when he was called to his home, the Sun newspaper reports.

The Link! :)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/6660485.stm

Last edited:

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
They can't just take away his special dog !! :mad:

Btw .. this one is already in the Jose Mourinho thread.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Merged. I'd love it if we have a vid :tongue:

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
He's right to argue with the police about this, the UK has stupidly strict laws on animal quarantine - And i'm sure its just coincidence that it happened to be Jose Mourinho who Scotland Yard were looking into, its really a testiment to how terrible they are if a dog quarantine is the best dirt they can uncover. :o

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Jose's dog to partner Drogba?
16/05/2007 14:48 - (SA)

London - Jose Mourinho's controversial dog is 100/1 to appear with the Chelsea boss in the dugout at Wembley this Saturday, according to Ladbrokes.

The bookies have opened a range of markets on the fortune of the latest Chelsea celebrity and reckon the problem pet is 500/1 to interrupt the FA Cup final by making a surprise pitch invasion.

Rumours are rife that the disappearing dog may be forced abroad but the bookies believe Andriy Shevchenko is still more likely to leave West London first.

Ladbrokes have priced up the match bet and rate the Ukrainian at 5/4 to leave England before the dog. Hot shot striker Didier Drogba is 11/5 to leave first.

5 000/1 is available for the dog to register as a squad member this week and partner Drogba in the Chelsea attack on Saturday afternoon.

David Williams, spokesperson for Ladbrokes said: "The dog's clearly got great speed and at the end of a long season for United's players, he might just expose their tiredness.

"With Chelsea riddled by injury, could this be Mourinho's ultimate secret weapon?"

Amidst speculation of a hostile approach from London rivals Arsenal, Ladbrokes offer 500/1 that the Gunners tap up Mourinho's dog in a West London hotel during the close season.

---

I've been laughing for the past 5 min.

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
Jose won the FA cup for the first time yesterday, it's his 6th title in 3 years with Chelsea; means that he's average is winning 2 titles/season. Impressive, isn't it?

After the game, he praised Drogba, Mikel, and Ferreira who had a good game stopping Ronaldo.

In Jose's words:

"Asked about his half-time substitution of Joe Cole, Mourinho revealed that, before the game, Cole had been sitting with one of his feet in an ice bath "because he didn't want to feel it during the match". By half-time it was clear he could not go on. "But this is the kind of player I have. I cannot fault him for his attitude. The same with Robben when he came on. Fantastic attitude. The same with Ashley Cole, who has not played recently."

Pressed to give his reaction to Didier Drogba's part in a match that, for long periods, looked as if it could only be resolved by a moment of individual skill, he said: "I do not want to separate any of my players. But Didier is fantastic."

John Mikel Obi also came in for praise. "A young man. Only 20-years-old. Controlling the game for long periods. Unbelievable. And Paulo [Ferreria] also. Unbelievable."

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mourinho in Ghana

capt.gha10105302016.ghana_chelsea_gha101.jpg

Chelsea Football Club manager Jose Mourinho signs an autograph for a young fan during a coaching clinic held in Accra, Ghana Wednesday May 30, 2007. Members of the English Premier League team traveled to Ghana this week to visit projects run by its global charity partner Right To Play, which uses sport to bring attention to communities fighting poverty, war, or disease. (AP Photo/Olivier Asselin)

82588732yb8.jpg

Students from the football academy of Accra warm up with Chelsea players 31 May 2007 during a training session. Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho is in Ghana with several young Chelsea players as part of the first major initiative in the six-year partnership announced in January between the English premiership side and the Canadian NGO Right To Play, which aims to highlight the importance of sports in promoting development, peace and health.

0,,10268~3283392,00.jpg

CHELSEA IN GHANA: THOUSANDS WATCH ON

May 31st 2007 must go down as one of the most remarkable days in Chelsea Football Club history. Certainly one of the most remarkable when no full game of football was played.

At no-one time in our colourful 102 years can blue-shirted players and staff have been involved in a coaching session with players from quite such a different background, in quite such a setting and to quite such a reaction.

The Chelsea delegation has flown to Ghana with the intention of breaking new ground by working alongside the charity Right To Play in its efforts to use sport to further development, health and peace in Africa.

In the city of Tamale, in the northern region of the country, Thursday afternoon was unique, both for the residents by their own admission, and definitely in the scenes now burned in the memory of the Chelsea contingent.

Make no mistake, the excitement was down in no small part to the presence of Michael Essien who had joined up with party the previous night.

Just over an hour was needed the next morning to fly Ghana's biggest sporting star, 'the president' as one radio station described him, to the other side of his country where the airport reception gave little hint of the hours to come.

In comparison with Accra two days earlier, this was a terminal building close on deserted. Far out of town, the journey had been too much of an obstacle according to the main organiser of the 52-member strong Tamale Chelsea Fan Club.

Present however was the Mayor of Tamale, Mohammed Amin Anta, to greet the players and coaches, no chains or formal clothing hanging from his shoulders, just a straight-forward Chelsea/Lampard home shirt.

Legions of like-minded supporters can be found in Ghana's largest region he informed, and thanked the delegation for not ignoring the further flung population when so many projects visit the capital alone.

Londoners would find in Accra several of the familiar features of England city life - not least the traffic! But on the journey from the airport to the next port of call, it quickly became clear that Tamale was a vastly different way of living.

This was an area of mud hut villages, and even the odd mud mosque and church. It was an area of corrugated metal-roofed, open-fronted, road side shops. It was an area of thousands of school kids on pushbikes or on foot running.

The countryside was open savanna, the majority of the people farming crops for the rest of the country with a few involved in commerce. Yet puncturing the landscape like spaceship from afar was a vast, state-of-the-art, brand new stadium, built by a Chinese firm as one of the four venues for next year's African Cup of Nations. It was an incredible juxtaposition.

Lunch was with the minister for the region, Hon. Alhaji Mustapha Ali Iddris, an ex-footballer who insisted that the city stops when Chelsea plays and boasted the best Ghanaian players come from the region.

You could almost hear other parts of Ghana arguing that point but a little research does show pedigree in this area.

Adebe Pele, one of the first African players to make an impact in Europe, had his family roots in a nearby village and although he grew up in Accra, he made his breakthrough as a player with Tamale's club side.

Mohammed Choo was the name of a local who was top scorer in the domestic league in 1978 and 1982, and Shilla Eliqasu-Membe was a colleague of Essien's at the last World Cup.

The courtesy visits aside, the day was all about the afternoon training session for 90 children in three age groups, under 12s, 15s and 17s, all from the Stand Fast club.

Already a crowd pushing 1,000 was lining the pitch on Chelsea's arrival. The joy when the party, and Essien especially, disembarked from the bus was close on tangible. It was impossible not feel affected by the scenes.

Where the pitch had been grass in Accra, here it was dust and stones. Where there had been a walled stadium, here it was open wasteland. Remaining unchanged were the training routines.

The cheers were not only reserved for the national sporting hero's contribution but were for any decent piece of skill by anyone and half-an-hour in, it was becoming clear that the crowd was swelling all the time.

Those who didn't already know of the event were quickly finding out explained Mohammed Baako Alhassan, sports presenter from Radio Savana Tamale. Mobile phones were buzzing.

He knew personally of people travelling in from 60kms away and trucks and scooters could be seen arriving from all directions.

He also reassured that the claims of mass support for Chelsea were not just the diplomatic words of politicians. Everyone really does crowd around TVs each time Essien and colleagues are in action, paying for the privilege as well.

The support is because Chelsea respect African football and will play Africans if the quality is there explained a member of the Tamale Chelsea Fan Club.

The now considerable attendance must have been mind-blowing for the youngsters engaged in a shooting exercise in one penalty area. Mercifully Essien turned the regular power down on his efforts, or the Red Cross might have been flying in. The crossbar did need to be tied back together once although the culprit was unclear.

Then came the impromptu moment of the day. The Chelsea Player of the Year decided to walk slowly around the perimeter of the pitch, greeting and shaking hands with all the youngest kids watching on. With just a few minor exceptions, the crowd responded by staying the right side of the boundary and a favourite for the highlight of the trip had been established.

By the end of training, the crowd was five deep everywhere, maybe ten deep in places. Some went as far as to estimate the crowd at 8,000. No-one thought it below 5,000.

It was only at the moment it became clear to the masses that the session had drawn to a close, did the human dam break, but when it did, what a flood!

Everyone from Chelsea was swamped in a sea of Ghanaian enthusiasm, yet apart from a few forceful requests to write down addresses, it never felt threatening.

Faring less well was the equipment, ear-marked to be donated to the local club. The chance that they will see any of it is close to zero. The chance any of it is in one-piece is similar odds as souvenirs were hunted voraciously.

When the delegation finally made it back on board, the coach was buzzing with the experience as it was chased to the hotel by an armada of scooters, bikes and runners.

When the long talk about the crowd scenes subsided and the ball work was remembered, the verdict was similar to Accra - there are many high quality young players in this corner of the continent.

But this was a day that will be remembered for so much more than simply kicking a football around a pitch of dust and stones.

By Paul Mason

(from chelseafc.com)

mocha N eco

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Totti, Kaka, Essien, Gattuso, Zidane, De Rossi, Pippo, Drogba, Buffon, Cesc
Don't know if this has been posted before, but this is the full text of the old interview in which he talked about untouchable players. Pretty interesting stuff.
http://bluechampions.com/?p=287

And these 2 answers are my favourites:

They have creative players like Messi, Ronaldinho?

We don’t have Messi. We don’t have Ronaldinho. We have fantastic team players, but not players to do individually what they do. I turn to Sky and see that Spanish programme with Guillem Balague, and they go: ‘Whappo, whappo!!!!’ We are not a team for that. We try to play good all the time.

Could you incorporate Ronaldinho into your team?

If I answer that question I am in big trouble. If I say ‘no’, you tell me I am stupid because you don’t want this player. If I say ‘yes’, Ronaldinho and his brothers (rubs hands) go to negotiate a new contract with Barcelona. So it is the kind of answer I can’t give!

Awesome, total respect for the man. :star:

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
He's my idol for a reason. It's an old article though.

mocha N eco

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Totti, Kaka, Essien, Gattuso, Zidane, De Rossi, Pippo, Drogba, Buffon, Cesc
Don't know about idolizing him, I consider him one of the best coaches right now along with Benitez, Ancelotti, Ramos, Prandelli and Capello, not as tactically astute as Benitez but probably the best man-manager around.

But much more than that, what I get out of him the most + what his best quality is = pure entertainment value.

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Okay. Whatever I might've said before...he's just hilarious.

The Special One

Rob Smyth
Tuesday June 19, 2007
Guardian Unlimited

PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS, JOSE?

Please mister, can you spare me 20p? Ah'm Chelsea Football Club and I ain't got a penny. I knew the good life once, but the wheel o' fortune ain't been in ma favour: I was duped into squanderin' my last few coppers, 320 mil or so, on a few shiny pieces of silver and now I ain't got a pot to do ma steaming fizzle in. Please help me mister!

That, give or take 747 further references to himself, was the thrust of the Special One's latest considered oratory today. You can always rely on him to produce more rubbish than a self-facilitating bin-dipping node, but he reached new levels of ludicrousness by whingeing about Chelsea's lack of money, the fact that nobody else gets criticised for spending £320m and failing to win Big Cup, and even the fact that Cromwells Madhouse isn't bigger than Top Man.

"It is very difficult to win every competition but I don't understand why people put this kind of pressure on Chelsea and not on the others," he said, emerging triumphantly from a skip clutching two used cigarette butts, a can of White Lightning and Claudio Pizarro. "People ask Chelsea, last season you won two trophies; why did you not win four? But not many journalists ask Rafael Benitez and Arsene Wenger, why zero? And not many people ask the MU Rowdies, why only the Premiership?"

On he went, as the Fiver took leave of its eyeballs with a sharpened coathanger. "Is it about money? If it is, I hope that next season the media put pressure on the big spenders because the big spenders for sure will not be Chelsea. The big spenders will be Liverpool, the Rowdies, Tottenham." That's the same Tottenham who are 150-1 to win next season's Premiership, compared to Chelsea's 6-4. And we all know that the bookies, like Walter Sobchak, are never wrong. Mourinho, however, seems to think he has been asked to win next season's Premiership with a few embryos, a copy of the Bosman ruling, an empty KFC Bargain Bucket and Paulo Ferreira.

The Fiver, from its Pomposity and Pontification Fence, reckons that either Mourinho a) has gone off on one yet again like the clown he is or b) is ostensibly talking rubbish but is actually using shrewd waste management to ramp up a siege mentality that enables Chelsea to play at their absolute best. Either way, you'll like the next quote.

"Young players are a little bit like melons - only when you open them up and taste the melon are you 100 per cent that it is good," he said, as sales of white coats went up by 54%. "Sometimes you have beautiful melons but they don't taste very good; other melons are a bit ugly and when you open them the taste is fantastic. The way Scott Sinclair played against Arsenal and the Rowdies - we know the melon we have." Chelsea have a complete melon all right. It's a Special One.

Source.

I can't stop laughing.

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
censorthiis said:
Okay. Whatever I might've said before...he's just hilarious.

The Special One

Rob Smyth
Tuesday June 19, 2007
Guardian Unlimited

PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS, JOSE?
The Guardian is so damn anti-Chelsea, anti-Mourinho, anti-Drogba, esp. their pretentious bunch of regular football blog writers, it ain't even funny.

Schedule