Official: Andre Miguel Valente da Silva Thread

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Are you really counting the goals against farmers?

Silva scored only 2 goals against real teams, Kalinic 5 (2.5x more) and Cutrone 7 (3.5x more). What are we even discussing here?

I hope to be proven wrong, but I really don't see him becoming anything close to great. He's shown no promise.

I am really confused as how he got so many fanboiz. Unless you are all gay, it makes no sense.

are they offside or what?

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
2 goals...freakyn 2(two) goals. Get da fuark outta here!

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Are you really counting the goals against farmers?

Silva scored only 2 goals against real teams, Kalinic 5 (2.5x more) and Cutrone 7 (3.5x more). What are we even discussing here?

I hope to be proven wrong, but I really don't see him becoming anything close to great. He's shown no promise.

I am really confused as how he got so many fanboiz. Unless you are all gay, it makes no sense.

long long ago....in a galaxy far far away....before soccerage, before whoscored, before transfermarkt even before FIFA 96 people believed in the now outdated concept of .....*gasp*....watching football games :eek:

And while watching these games, they were able to see things that the people who only read scorelines, check football articles and watch highlights didn't see.

For instance, Andre Silva has the best touch after Suso. He can move well with the ball without losing it. He can beat more than one defender at a time. His passing is good.

These things are hard to pick up if you don't watch the game, that's why he has fans here...because he has both potential and ability.

I agree that if he can't translate the aforementioned into the tangible (goals, assists) then he's a liability, but I don't think he's been given enough of an opportunity to make this assessment from someone who spent the majority of his time in Milan, collecting appearances, as a second half substitute - usually with less than 20 min to do something phenomenal.
2 goals...freakyn 2(two) goals. Get da fuark outta here!

See above.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
if yonghong asked me: would you trade 8 EL goals for 4 serie a goals..? i would say "helllll yea n igga"

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
long long ago....in a galaxy far far away....before soccerage, before whoscored, before transfermarkt even before FIFA 96 people believed in the now outdated concept of .....*gasp*....watching football games :eek:

And while watching these games, they were able to see things that the people who only read scorelines, check football articles and watch highlights didn't see.
giphy.gif

Is that really your argument here?
I haven't skipped a game the past 6-7 years (since I started having regular access with good streams).

For instance, Andre Silva has the best touch after Suso. He can move well with the ball without losing it. He can beat more than one defender at a time. His passing is good.
Do you have any proof of this, except the EL and non-Milan games? From what I've seen, he tries some step overs, that end up with him shooting in the defender, at best.

I hope that it's just him not adjusting to Serie A defenders and he will get better, at least enough for him to be bought by another club or maybe even good enough to stay here.

Talking about Pato - man, I would trade all of our strikers and wingers (as much as I like Suso and Cutrone) for a guy of his talent and output :(

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
When did he beat more than one defender? If raming himself into one is a thing, than yeah he is a real beater!

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
He's not cut out for Serie A or a team in transition like ours.

Praying for a great World Cup showing so we can get our money back.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Suso defends Silva

Suso spoke about André Silva on **********'s microphones: "He's young, he's got a lot of quality and lately he's doing a lot better. There are players who need more time to adapt and he is one of them. Three months ago, everyone said that Calhanoglu was not needed, while now he is the best of Italian football. Every player has his time, playing for Milan is not easy: we know the story, we know how many champions have dressed this shirt and how many have not managed to emerge ".
Sauce

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i think he has fared better under Gattuso. Way better than kalinic at least. his link up play is getting better and doesn't blindly dribble into defenders anymore. He looks to be good on receiving crosses too. overall he hasn't met expectations but giving him one more season is fine. but if we can sell him for close to what we spend then we should sell.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
You all know what I think of him," he told a news conference. "He has talent and technique but, at the same time, he has to improve a lot.

"When I give him opportunities, he has to make the most of them. The talent is undeniable, but he needs to do more.
"Players have to let themselves be helped. If you don't train in a certain way because you think you won't play, you have to do more in the week to show why you deserve to play."

That’s probably the reason why he isn’t playing.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Reason is silva cant play in a 4-3-3, if Gattuso stays and wants to stick with that formation, then he has to be sold whilst his value is still high

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You all know what I think of him," he told a news conference. "He has talent and technique but, at the same time, he has to improve a lot.

"When I give him opportunities, he has to make the most of them. The talent is undeniable, but he needs to do more.
"Players have to let themselves be helped. If you don't train in a certain way because you think you won't play, you have to do more in the week to show why you deserve to play."

That’s probably the reason why he isn’t playing.

That's fair I guess. But I can also understand how Silva feels. It's not an excuse though. He needs to be professional and put a little more grinta in his game to impress the boss. That's totally fine. I think Capello did this to Zlatan as well.

Also I hope this quote:
He has talent and technique
...ends the constant shitting on the guy's ability.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
I rate him over Cutrone who's merely a tap-in merchant, a worse Bacca. All our strikers suffered with this shit formation and slow wingers.

As someone else posted, they were all outscored by the likes of Lasagna, Inglese, Pavoletti, Antenucci.

It's the shitty XI and formations, not them.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I rate him over Cutrone who's merely a tap-in merchant, a worse Bacca. All our strikers suffered with this shit formation and slow wingers.

As someone else posted, they were all outscored by the likes of Lasagna, Inglese, Pavoletti, Antenucci.

It's the shitty XI and formations, not them.

This "shitty formation" is the only one that works for years now, whenever we tried something different it endend badly (with some exception to Miha´s 4-4-2). To doubt 4-3-3 with our recent past in mind is just insane.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
This "shitty formation" is the only one that works for years now, whenever we tried something different it endend badly (with some exception to Miha´s 4-4-2). To doubt 4-3-3 with our recent past in mind is just insane.

Yeah but if we're being real it sucks. Like Milan cant create, strikers are suffering because there is no service and no one on the wing is beating their man, dragging away defenders etc.
All our strikers are the same playertype. Silva is young and has clearly the best technique and vision of all them to become something more than just tap-in baby like Cutrone/Bacca or a whiffer like our 30+ Kaligol.
If he has a good development he will become portugese Benzema, Im not even trolling.

4-2-3-1
--------------Silva
--Bonaventura-Calhanoglou-Suso
-----------Biglia-Kessie
Ricrod-Bonucci-Romagnoli-Calabria
------------Storari

It's far form perfect but would make for much better attacking play.

Last edited:

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
Serie A 17/18:

Ranocchia 2 goals, 1 every 308'
André Silva 2 goals, 1 every 441'

Thankfully his agent, Mendes, is the boss of 3/4 clubs and we will get rid of this player (?) very soon, forza Wolverhampton

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Serie A 17/18:

Ranocchia 2 goals, 1 every 308'
André Silva 2 goals, 1 every 441'

Thankfully his agent, Mendes, is the boss of 3/4 clubs and we will get rid of this player (?) very soon, forza Wolverhampton

How old is Ranocchia ?

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Hopefully he has a great world cup and some rich club to pay us more than we paid for him.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
scored again for Portugal

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
vs Tunisia, in a friendly... next CR7 confirmed then! :eek:

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I'm convinced it would be a mistake to sell him. We have sold far too many young talents without giving them an adequate chance to prove themselves, and I'm afraid he will be the next.