Suso "Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáenz de la Torre" Thread

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
I don't get the logic in people who see CM's in players like Suso, Honda, Saponara...

They get it from Carlo (Seedorf, Di Maria, Isco etc) and FM.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Di Maria did a great job there tho

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
the most important now that inzaghi dont destroy his mental by bench him. a good coach know how manage his player to maintain high morale. honda is playing terrible, bench him. cerci showed good sign against cagliari. inzaghi should start cerci next game and give suso atleast 30 minute against palermo. or contrast.
inzaghi tell too much as pazzini is important player (haha 1 or 2 starting role until now)
niang is great talent but didnt give him some chance. ...
we almost out of reach our target this season, so let give suso, mastalli more chance.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The equation for Carlo is, let's give up a bit of tactical solidity to add a lot of quality.

Both Isco and Di Maria are better and more dangerous in more attacking roles. But they got Cr7 & all the gang there, so why not use them a bit deeper?

We're nowhere near this situation.

If you wanna now what Carlo would do with our midfield, remember what he did once Seedorf/Pirlo/Gattuso declined and couldn't keep up anymore. He used Ambrosini.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
The equation for Carlo is, let's give up a bit of tactical solidity to add a lot of quality.

Both Isco and Di Maria are better and more dangerous in more attacking roles. But they got Cr7 & all the gang there, so why not use them a bit deeper?

If you wanna now what Carlo would do with our midfield, remember what he did once Seedorf/Pirlo/Gattuso declined and couldn't keep up anymore. He used Ambrosini.
I'm starting to become a huge fan of your posts

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

Isn't this what LVG did with both Holland and Man U ... i.e switching formations to 3 at the back to utilise their talent in the middle and final third thus covering up their defensive weaknesses.

Systems :)

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't this what LVG did with both Holland and Man U ... i.e switching formations to 3 at the back to utilise their talent in the middle and final third thus covering up their defensive weaknesses.

I'm not sure... it's possible he is simply using his favorite formation. He got the 3 man defense back into the big scene with Ajax in the 90s :-)cry:).
He keept it in Barcelona but slowly gave up cause football changed.

Now that 3 man defenses are back, he is back with it too.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
I'm not sure... it's possible he is simply using his favorite formation. He got the 3 man defense back into the big scene with Ajax in the 90s :-)cry:).
He keept it in Barcelona but slowly gave up cause football changed.

Now that 3 man defenses are back, he is back with it too.
I've always heard LVG prefers 4-3-3. Recent interview:
"The system we play now is the system that I prefer, that I have played everywhere. Yesterday (against Spurs) is my preferred system. When it is needed, then I play with five at the back. Yesterday was 4-3-3 when we had the ball. For example, Juan (Mata) more inside and (Ashley) Young outside. When we defend it was more 4-1-4-1 yesterday. Next game is different."
Source

He's talking about a 4-3-3 vs Spurs in case you didn't watch it btw.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão

I've always heard LVG prefers 4-3-3. Recent interview:

Source

He's talking about a 4-3-3 vs Spurs in case you didn't watch it btw.

Louis' bread and butter is 433, it's what all Dutch coaches are raised with, they call it the Dutch school or something. He got huge backlash at first when he said he'd play 5 defenders at the WC. The thought process was simply sacrificing one attacker (since he had the firepower upfront with Robben, RvP, Huntelaar and Memphis) for one defender (since they suck).

If he can, he plays 433.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
scored 2 goals vs reggiana, must be the next nedved.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Louis' bread and butter is 433, it's what all Dutch coaches are raised with, they call it the Dutch school or something.

ajax school....in Belgium all clubs + barca have implemented their system, some more succesfull than the other

scored 2 goals vs reggiana, must be the next nedved.

or zidane

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
"The week has started on an enthusiastic note I think. This weekend we have an important match. I hope to feature.

I train hard and I am always available, but I know there can be some periods in which you play less.

I’ve improved following my arrival at Milan, I knew that the Spanish and English leagues would be different to the Italian one.

I just needed time to adapt. Now I know the club, the Italian league and my team-mates. It’s a nice group, I get on with everyone.

I get on well with Van Ginkel who is more or less my age and with whom I speak in English.

We have to work intensely, it will be a hard match against Palermo, we have to prepare for it well.

We shouldn’t focus too much on Palermo, but more on ourselves and find the right concentration levels. We want to come away with a good result.

The future can be bright but I am thinking about the present. I want to feel like an important player here."

10425362_10152713532546937_9209789153971586897_n.jpg

Last edited:

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nice words. He deserves to start. But in reality, beepo will start a jet lagged Honda and risk an injury rather than let youth have a chance. Niang and Saponara have learned that the hard way.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
inzaghi so disrespectful

you good though suso, you good

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Very good potential, good technique, good pace when needed and most importantly seems to have much better tactical vision than Cerci. He should get more minutes.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
i freaking love technical players. well done suso. great potential. love u brah.

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic
I like how he kept the ball moving on the wing with short first time passes, unlike most other Milan players that dwell on it for ages and let the other team regroup.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
He seems too good technically for us right now. Seems promising but I hope we get to see more of him.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
SUSO

"I am happy to have made my league debut and to have played, and I am happy for the team and for the three points.

Let’s already start to think though about next week’s match.

The players on the bench have to be ready. We came on in a difficult moment, but we made sure we were ready.

The whole team did well. A win away from home is always important.

We have to keep taking it one game at a time. This though can be the start.

I’ve done well and I hope to maybe play even more next week."

Sovilhelm

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Dinho, Ronaldo, Seedorf, Gattuso, T.Silva, Beckham, ZLATAN
i like his attitude

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Hopefully he can get some more chances late in the season, with SES, Niang and Suso we've got some talented young players in the final third.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Hopefully he can get some more chances late in the season, with SES, Niang and Suso we've got some talented young players in the final third.
They need to be coached by klopp

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Should be a starter. Looks very promising... too bad that shot hit the crossbar :(

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
His recent performances must have impressed pippo enough to make him a starter, but I don't think Pippo trusts Suso's experience enought to start him vs Inter

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
both footed?

Schedule