The Cricket Thread

Who's the player of the decade?

• Total voters

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
It has to be with our pitches, role models (Kapil became medium pacer very early in his career I believe) we've always had batsmen as role models right from Lala Amarnath days while look at Pak's batsmen Hanif Mohd, Inzy, Miandad, Anwar to an extent in ODIs and Yousuf Yohana.

They will always have better pace while we'll have our batting heroes.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
"Was Virat Kohli born in Pakistan?"

19225128_1620054131369384_4568529439440991307_n.jpg

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
He is punjabi?

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:lol: Australia Englund :lol:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Australia has always been the best/worst cricket sledging team in history... now look at them:

Australia vice-captain David Warner says that "vile and disgusting" remarks about his wife prompted his altercation with South Africa's Quinton de Kock.

The International Cricket Council (ICC) fined both players for the incident during the first Test in Durban.

"I'll always stick up for my family and in that case my team-mates as well," Warner said.

"My emotional response was just something that I don't believe should have been said."

He added that "a comment that was vile and disgusting and about my wife and just in general about a lady was quite poor, I felt".

Warner was fined 75% of his match fee by the ICC on Wednesday and given three demerit points after video footage appeared to show him being restrained by team-mates during a row with the South Africa wicketkeeper.

The row took place on a stairwell as players returned to their dressing rooms at tea of the fourth day.

De Kock was fined 25% of his match fee by the ICC, which issued him with one demerit point.

"I would have liked him to actually say the comment a little bit louder instead of just muttering it under his breath next to me and [wicketkeeper] Tim Paine and then walking up the stairs and saying 'I didn't say anything' as soon as the rest of his team came out," Warner added.

"At the end of the day, we're all men - and if you're going to say something, you look at someone in the eye and say it."

Warner - who is clear to play in the second Test - said he did not intend to get physical with De Kock.

However, his comments are likely to be seen as inflammatory by South Africa, who were unhappy with the 31-year-old for his behaviour towards their opening batsman Aiden Markram following the dismissal of AB de Villiers.

Under the ICC's new points system, another transgression by Warner in the next two years could see him suspended for a Test.

Last edited:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Warner is a fuckwit. I am australian and i despise him. But he is the kind of fuckwit you need in the team. He has the fighting spirit.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Also kind of fuckwit who (one of the team leader) won't hesitate in putting a rookie's (Bancroft) career on the line at team's expense 😑

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Oh wow! Ball tampering? From the Aussies???

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of sportsmen

eCysq.gif

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Would have been a great week to mock English for their 58 but Aussies ruined it ��

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Didn’t Sachin T ball tamper pretty obviously and then everyone was like ‘racism!’?

What a silly sport.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Should just accept ball tampering as part of the game, like diving in football
Would have been a great week to mock English for their 58 but Aussies ruined it ��
Loooool England, wtf happened there? :lol:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What a joke. Pathetic.

Sachin tampered? I know wasim did though.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I know wasim did though.

Bro, pls! So many of our players were abt to be banned by our OWN board that ICC got involved to tell them that its no laughing matter, they straight up told Pak that if they suspend so many, then ICC will expel Pak from ICC tournaments. Thats why only Salim Malik was forced to retire and a handful of small timers disciplined.

The Judge in his sentencing said that Wasim was his all time fav player and that he cudnt bring himself to be harsh with Wasim

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Everyone did it... some better than others.

Remember back in 92 after the WC, Pk came to Eng for a test match series... as usual PK smashed em ... but the series was marred by accusations of ball tamperinng due to Eng being bowled out so easily by the 2 W's

FF 25 years and the English players themselves admit to tampering with the ball.. but they still had no idea of how to utilise reverse swing :lol:

Think the docu was called Pace Like Fire Wasim & Waqar (sky sports)

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Sachin was a misunderstanding I think. He was cleaning grass from the seam but did it without showing the umpire.

Afridi is the absolute connoisseur of ball tampering.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bro, pls! So many of our players were abt to be banned by our OWN board that ICC got involved to tell them that its no laughing matter, they straight up told Pak that if they suspend so many, then ICC will expel Pak from ICC tournaments. Thats why only Salim Malik was forced to retire and a handful of small timers disciplined.

The Judge in his sentencing said that Wasim was his all time fav player and that he cudnt bring himself to be harsh with Wasim

Are u talking about ball tempering or match fixing? :D

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes. Match Fixing.

The way Australia dominated cricket, we had the talent to do that but better! But our players chose friendship with bookies over sporting glory

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Everyone did it... some better than others.

Remember back in 92 after the WC, Pk came to Eng for a test match series... as usual PK smashed em ... but the series was marred by accusations of ball tamperinng due to Eng being bowled out so easily by the 2 W's

FF 25 years and the English players themselves admit to tampering with the ball.. but they still had no idea of how to utilise reverse swing :lol:

Think the docu was called Pace Like Fire Wasim & Waqar (sky sports)

my favourite bowlers are wasim and waqar. Mohammed amir can be as good as them if not better but the kid is a nutcase. Reverse swing kings indeed. Greatest bowlers of all time by far. hands down. just add saqlain to that list. Pakistan consistently have produced some of the finest bowlers of all time.
Shoaibh, sami, gul were all great at one point and shoaibh was an absolute beast in his prime. Still suspect his action but damn he was amazing to watch. Even now they have some good talent. wahab (not a talent anymore but he is world class). i know wahab has under performed recently but when he is in form he is top notch. Cant remember the rest. Junaid khan? i remember him bowling 140 plus. I just adore fast bowling. Pakistan, australia and south africa have definitely unearthed world class fast bowlers on a consistent basis. South africa have rabada, ngidi (more swing not express though) but you should watch their domestic league. My partner is south african and we sometimes tune into domestic sunfoil cricket. They have heaps of talent there.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Waqar Younis was amazing.

easily one of the greatest of all time. Dint he have the best bowling average in odi iirc. Not sure but someone else can confirm this stat. wasim waqar and shoaibh. Wasim could bat too. We had lee, gillespie and mcgrath. Now we have starc, hazelwood and cummins. Honestly i think our current bowling attack is far superior to the bowlers we had at our disposal during the golden era of aussies. Right now we lack all rounders like we did in the past and quality batsmen apart from smith and warner.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Sachin was a misunderstanding I think. He was cleaning grass from the seam but did it without showing the umpire.

Afridi is the absolute connoisseur of ball tampering.

Check out the video. Sachin was clearly picking at the seam repeatedly. Bcci made a big fuss and changed the charge.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes. Match Fixing.

The way Australia dominated cricket, we had the talent to do that but better! But our players chose friendship with bookies over sporting glory

No lol. You had great bowling. Thats it. No version of the greatest pakistani side can beat prime goksen era 2003 aussies. 2000-2006 we were untouchable. With or without cheating, we just had world class players in every position. Even wasim and waqar wouldnt be able to stop us.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^^ Lol!

Line and length, that is all McGrath had. No imagination at all. Shane Warne? he openly admits to Abdul Qadir being is cricketing (spin) father.

Wasim had 6 different deliveries for his over... and Ask Graeme Hick if anyone cud pick Waqar's late swing. Add to that Shoaib Akhtar

Those 3 wud go through any team like a blowlamp through butter... including Aus!

We had batsmens - We had our own Brian Lara in Saeed Anwar. Mohd. Yousuf, Inzi, Javed Miandad

And fuck Marvel's Capt - You shud checkout who is Pak's Cricket Captain

A score of 280 and I wud fancy us against a true World XI let alone any one nation

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No lol. You had great bowling. Thats it. No version of the greatest pakistani side can beat prime goksen era 2003 aussies. 2000-2006 we were untouchable. With or without cheating, we just had world class players in every position. Even wasim and waqar wouldnt be able to stop us.

2000-2006?

Yr dominance began in the back-end of Allan Border's career, stayed with you through the Steve Waugh era and Ricky Pointing's, too

Last edited: