Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Everyone in top 5 would beat Bisping unless they underestimate like Rockhold did.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
What a great card, I wish all cards where like this.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Everyone in top 5 would beat Bisping unless they underestimate like Rockhold did.

True.

This fight really opened up the rest of the division as well. Would like to see Bisping fight Romero next.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
so anderson silva failed a USADA test

and now

Michael Bisping vs. Kelvin Gastelum targeted as new UFC Shanghai main event

3 weeks after getting knocked down and choked unconscious :fp:

disgraceful that they are letting him fight.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
so anderson silva failed a USADA test

and now

Michael Bisping vs. Kelvin Gastelum targeted as new UFC Shanghai main event

3 weeks after getting knocked down and choked unconscious :fp:

disgraceful that they are letting him fight.

It's in China and mma is still in it's infancy there (about the level of UFC 20-30s), I didn't even know there is a AC there. I wonder who is sanctioning this event.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
It's in China and mma is still in it's infancy there (about the level of UFC 20-30s), I didn't even know there is a AC there. I wonder who is sanctioning this event.

I'm disappointed with the UFC for allowing him to fight.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

That's some brutal shit :eek:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
they're desperate for a fight for the december 30 card, so they're booking t-wood vs nate diaz

what an awful fight...t-wood is just going to take him down at will for 5 rounds

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
they're desperate for a fight for the december 30 card, so they're booking t-wood vs nate diaz

what an awful fight...t-wood is just going to take him down at will for 5 rounds

Indeed, that fight is a mockery. They kind of screwed themselves over with booking Robbie against RDA.

They should just give the title shot to Darren Till. Would be a easy fight to sell, and has the potential to actually be good.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Is it set? Last I heard Diaz camp hasnt accepted

Edit:

Diaz asked for 15m for this fight :lol:

I don't dislike Nate (or Nick), and am actually a fan of theirs. But it's clear their heads are no longer in the "game" in a sense that they want to better themselves and close up their holes. Despite beating McGregor, Nate is actually not as good as many people and the UFC hype machine make him out to be. He is a lanky volume puncher who is also great at jiu-jitsu. He really hasn't improved on his wrestling to make himself a more imposing fighter. At this point, he just wants to milk the hype he got from McGregor fights and get big paydays.

The fact of the matter is, McGregor's brash yet clever trashtalk are what people tune in for, not Nate's simple "fuck you motherfucker". I doubt he would get another big payday unless he fights McGregor again. The fact that he is even in consideration for a title fight shows just how fucked the UFC title picture is at the moment. :fp:

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ben Askren smashed a much smaller Aoki and goes into retirement.

There will always be “what ifs”. Superb grappler with great control, his style is probably not as appreciated by the “modern” fans. I truly think he can give a lot of the UFC WWs a tough time

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it set? Last I heard Diaz camp hasnt accepted

Edit:

Diaz asked for 15m for this fight :lol:

I don't dislike Nate (or Nick), and am actually a fan of theirs. But it's clear their heads are no longer in the "game" in a sense that they want to better themselves and close up their holes. Despite beating McGregor, Nate is actually not as good as many people and the UFC hype machine make him out to be. He is a lanky volume puncher who is also great at jiu-jitsu. He really hasn't improved on his wrestling to make himself a more imposing fighter. At this point, he just wants to milk the hype he got from McGregor fights and get big paydays.

The fact of the matter is, McGregor's brash yet clever trashtalk are what people tune in for, not Nate's simple "fuck you motherfucker". I doubt he would get another big payday unless he fights McGregor again. The fact that he is even in consideration for a title fight shows just how fucked the UFC title picture is at the moment. :fp:

agreed

seems like it's going to be cyborg holm for the december 30th main event...I have to say I'm more interested in that than holloway aldo 2

UFC just doesn't have any momentum, hopefully by next year we get to see mcgregor vs tony, miocic vs cain and DJ vs TJ

Ben Askren smashed a much smaller Aoki and goes into retirement.

There will always be “what ifs”. Superb grappler with great control, his style is probably not as appreciated by the “modern” fans. I truly think he can give a lot of the UFC WWs a tough time

I think he'll end up at bellator and fight rory for the WW title.

-------------

bisping and gastelum is on in a couple of hours, I just can't see bisping winning this after coming back from a hard loss 3 weeks later.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Didn't Bisping get his butt whooped like 2 weeks ago? Why is he fighting today?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Poor Bisping, really shouldn’t have taken this fight.

Other than that, Muslim Salihov losing was kind of a surprise. He has legendary status in the Chinese Sanda world and this was supposed to be his big break.

Really happy for Wang Guan. One of China’s best prospects

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't Bisping get his butt whooped like 2 weeks ago? Why is he fighting today?

really stupid of him to take this fight other than monetary gains, apparently he's getting a big payday for filling in.

ufc are just :fp:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To be fair though, I think the result would be the same even if this fight was later down the line

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
I think he wanted to try to hurry and redeem himself. That didn't work out.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Rory looks like a serial killer lol

Looking forward to the Bellator heavyweight tournament, much prefer Scott Coker to Dana

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
looks like aldo had a rough weight cut, holloway via 1st round TKO.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I put money on Aldo, his odds were too good to pass on

Decent card

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Very entertaining card overall, did not disappoint. I hoped for a longer fight between Overeem and Nganou but what can you do when a guy punches hard enough to tear through time and space :lol:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
ngannou is my new favorite fighter

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Holloway was always going to win :love: my favorite fighter along with Nate

That KO from francis thooo, it hurt just to watch

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alvarez vs Gaedgje was a fucking fight. Amazing leg kicks, amazing body punches, amazing finish!

Then how about that left hook from Ngannou!!! The guy hits like a fucking tank :o

And to top it off, what a championship fight. Max is simply awesome!

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francis Ngannou

8QmIp.gif

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Alvarez vs Gaedgje was a fucking fight. Amazing leg kicks, amazing body punches, amazing finish!

Then how about that left hook from Ngannou!!! The guy hits like a fucking tank :o

And to top it off, what a championship fight. Max is simply awesome!

Alvarez v Gaethje was my favorite fight yesterday. They fucked up each other real nice for 3 rounds :thumbsup:

Medeiros v Oliveira prelims fight was also pretty entertaining and bloody.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alvarez v Gaethje was my favorite fight yesterday. They fucked up each other real nice for 3 rounds :thumbsup:

Medeiros v Oliveira prelims fight was also pretty entertaining and bloody.

Didn't watch the prelims, but will do, thanks :thumbsup:

RrZTE3e.gif

DEAD
DEAD
DEAD