Week 38: SPAL - Milan 26/05/2019 20:30 CET

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Final game of the season.

SPAL lost 3-2 to Udinese last round, and are safe from relegation at 11th place with 42 points. Before the Udinese game they lost to Napoli and before that crushed Chievo 4-0. They are the 17th best home team in the league.

As everyone know we absolutely have to win in order to have a shot at CL.

Atalanta 66
Inter 66
Milan 65

Atalanta are playing at "home" vs Sassuolo at Sassuolo's ground and are likely to win. Inter is playing Empoli at San Siro, a game Empoli need to win in order to stay up.

Our fate is in the hands of two clubs with black and blue kits, a disgusting prospect. Inter is the likelier to crumble, but if we are being perfectly honest both are likely to ruin our dream.

As these games are played simultaneously, we have no excuse but to do our utmost to secure our fourth win in a row.

Last game against Frosinone was a positive one for the team. A catatonic first half lead to a dramatic start to the second half with Frosinone earning a penalty that Donnarumma magically saved. We woke up and won the game. Hakan and Suso played really well, Piatek got scoring again and Donnarumma turned up for another other worldly save to keep a clean sheet.

I don't see a clear reason to change the starting line-up from last game: Therefore:

Donnarumma
Abate - Musacchio - Romagnoli - Rodriguez
Kessie - Bakayoko - Calhanoglu
Suso - Piatek - Borini

Our definite worst case scenario is us being unable to secure a win while one of the other two clubs falter. Therefore we are playing for our lives here.

Get the fucking win! Forza Milan!

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Hitchens created match thread. Guaranteed win :)

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
You are a brave man, Hitchens. Thank you.

May fate be on our side for once. Bleed for the win and bleed for red&black! Not one step back! Forza Milan until death do us apart! :heart:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
DisguisedRedAmazondolphin-small.gif

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
New timings for the game just released. The timings is 20:30.

Please change it mods.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Schedule for the final matchday of Serie A:

D7AbOyXWwAErr1G.jpg:small

New timings for the game just released. The timings is 20:30.

Please change it mods.

I'm not the only one to mess up dates/times :D

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i want to thank all our players and coach for the effort they put on this season. as limited as they were, they did all they could. special thanks goes to our bench players who in my opinion did better than many of the starters when called upon.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Unbelievably I have to photograph a show at the exact time the games are on. :fp::(

No way out of that. FFS.

Anyway, feeling positive for the game. Piatek scored for Genoa against SPAL (albeit a pentalty) and with another in this game he can be the first ever player to score 10 goals for 2 clubs in the same Serie A season. Glad he was unblocked against Frosinone.

Hoping for another huge performance from Suso again which I think would be the key to a win.

Likely to be Baka's last game for the club as well as definitely Abate's and Zapata's, if he gets on the pitch.

We need to come out with a high tempo here, and not requiring a penalty save to get there.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i want to thank all our players and coach for the effort they put on this season. as limited as they were, they did all they could. special thanks goes to our bench players who in my opinion did better than many of the starters when called upon.

:thumbsup:

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Let s do our job and win this game and just after we secure the 3p look to the other results ..we need to help us first with the win.
Forza !

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score

Last sentence of the post contradicts the rest of it. When subs play better that starters, who should start?
We underperformed simpel as that.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Last sentence of the post contradicts the rest of it. When subs play better that starters, who should start?

It's Borini. Sub-turned-starter.

Notice how we've won more points with him starting/coming on as a sub, than when he hasn't played? If he played all season we'd be fighting for 2nd!!!! /s

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Lord Borini to make it 4/4.

Lets do it

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Didn’t we win 4-0 first round?

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Why do I feel like this is gonna be a difficult game?

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It's Borini. Sub-turned-starter.

Notice how we've won more points with him starting/coming on as a sub, than when he hasn't played? If he played all season we'd be fighting for 2nd!!!! /s

not just borini. baka(cemented his place during injury crisis), zapata, abate, mauri exceeded all expectations. cutrone did well overall, samu was hit and miss. laxalt was kind of dissapointing.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

baka earned his spot, same goes for borini. abata and zapata could have done the same if not for their injuries and old age. our main weakness was lack of concentration in defense and decision making during attack rather than effort itself. this is why i am a bit disappointed in hakan, suso and kessie because i know they could have done so much more.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
I was hoping that coming into this game Juve would have beaten Atalanta and if would be back in our hands. Although we seem to play better when the pressure is off. We can only hope.

Forza Milan!

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Hopefully this eventful season is going to end on a high.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
I believe that we’re gonna win this. Our most important players seem to have hit good form for the final games. This should be a comfortable win against a SPAL that has nothing to play for and comes from losses in the two previous rounds.

Elsewhere our CL rivals face much tougher challenges.

Apart from the obvious burden of being favorites to qualify Atalanta have to play their last home game against Sassuolo away from home at the Mapei stadium. Sassuolo have lost just 4 matches at the Mapei this season.

Inter I would imagine are shitting themselves. They are facing Empoli who are fighting for relegation and are coming from 3 straight wins against Fiorentina, Sampdoria and their latest 4-1 thrashing of Torino. Inter on the other hand have only one 1 of their last 5 games against already relegated Chievo.

I’m not saying Milan are favorites to qualify but far crazier things have happened in football.

First of all just win against SPAL.

Forza Milan!

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Who would have thought that on The Last Matchday There would bei so much hope amongst everyone for CL.

Exciting Times people

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
If we win and don’t qualify, I’ll be so fucking bummed. It’s one thing to be so far off like the past few years and another to be within a point of hearing the CL anthem and being able to attract top players again

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully this eventful season is going to end on a high.

Yes. I don't think I have been this anxious leading up to a round of fixtures in a long long time.

What are your predictions?

I think we will draw, and Atalanta will lose. This is more based on a feeling than any logic.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
What are your predictions?

I think we will draw, and Atalanta will lose. This is more based on a feeling than any logic.

That would take us to CL, no?

I think we will easily win. Atalanta win as well.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
That would take us to CL, no?

I think we will easily win. Atalanta win as well.

Yes, it would. Provided Inter draw at least.

So, your hopes are pinned on Empoli?

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Yes, it would. Provided Inter draw at least.

So, your hopes are pinned on Empoli?

Somewhat, yes. Inter are playing in front of a full San Siro + they got a better team.

However, Empoli's form are incredible, they humiliated Torino 4-1, won agains Samp at the Marassi and beat Fiorentina (under Montella:fp:)

I think Inter will win that, but i honestly wouldn't be suprised if the game ended 1-1.