Ronaldo Thread

Ronnieboy will

• Total voters

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Italian Trio Track Ronaldo - Reports
Former Milan striker Ronaldo is still recovering from a serious knee injury he suffered last February, but speculation over the next club that will land Il Fenomeno is gaining momentum in the peninsula. After Sampdoria, now Siena and Roma are also allegedly in the frame...

The former Inter star snapped a tendon in his knee in a rearranged game against Livorno in February and has been training with Brazilian side Flamengo over the past few weeks.

There were reports yesterday that the 2002 World Cup winner had received an offer from an Italian club and the press suggested that Sampdoria's transfer guru Beppe Marotta was likely to swoop for him in January.

But this morning Italian newspapers also hint that Tuscan outfit Siena are ready to make a sensational bid for Ronnie and Roma could also enter the auction to add some much-needed striking power to their squad.

However, his agent Fabiano Farah maintains that no concrete bids have come in for his client so far.

"Out of respect, I cannot give you all the details," he told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I can only say that Ronaldo is training hard to be fit for a friendly match that will be played on November 17 in Morocco and that will pit his 'friends' against Zinedine Zidane's 'friends'.

"As for the whispers, it is still too early to talk about this kind of stuff. There are no negotiations underway at present, but we were indeed approached by an Italian side.

"However, we first want to complete his rehabilitation process and I can assure you that I have not heard from the likes of Samp or Siena."

Vince Masiello

injured roonie 100x better than baptista

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
drucurl said:
Why the hell do you even bother to post?
You went from praising Ronaldo when he was out injured to virtually knocking him and removing his avatar. Are you even capable of an original thought?
It's sad to see someone so easily swayed by everything popular.

I know that Ronaldo is not the best solution for Milan....probably every Ronaldo fan does. But we don't say it.........just like the Maldini fans KNOW Paolo is too old for top level football- but you don't here them going on and on about he's past it do you. your credibility = 0
ahahaha

the groupie fortress is collapsing! :tongue:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
dev1L said:
should we open the thread named "best R9 suporter" ? :tongue: :D
Do you think Ashish will be to handle confirmation that he is the worst rotundo supporter around? He got pretty worked up when just one person accused him of that!

:tongue:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
radioactivenerd said:
Do you think Ashish will be to handle confirmation that he is the worst rotundo supporter around? He got pretty worked up when just one person accused him of that!

:tongue:
screw yourself old man
i removed avtar cause i know i would be banned, abusing pricks who kisses crispos in inter bench

no time to hear your trash anymore einstein so you go in my ignore list.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
dev1L said:
should we open the thread named "best R9 suporter" ? :tongue:
Even I would lose that contest....what can I possibly do against a guy named "Ronaldo9"?? :cry:
:D

Ashish said:
screw yourself old man
i removed avtar cause i know i would be banned, abusing pricks who kisses crispos in inter bench

Dude where do you get off?? Just like the way it's not fair for others to knock the Ronaldo fans* for being fans of Ronaldo in discussions that have NOTHING to do with R9 what the hell does Radio's inordinate love for Brazli's bitch (sorry radio couldn't help that one :D ) have to do with this discussion??

How about just blowing on by with all the prevailing winds of the forum.....Ancelotti hatred, Ronaldo hatred Seedorf hatred, unbridled love for Ronaldinho etc.....P.S. Argentina won the Olympics so you and Radio should agree on everything ;)

*I would have said "us" but real ronaldo fans don't discard him so easily :o

Last edited:

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ashish said:
i removed avtar because it wasnt gr8 i am looking for a new one, dru i dont know who is better fan.
i need to see ronaldo in brasil shirt no matter what for that i dont need him to be in the milan bench or beg is place back to milan, he was not asked to extend the contract.i dont carer even if he play in uzbek or anything i want to see him for wc2010 i loved him in that jersey.

he is not for any club he is for brasil. with pato boorrielo up front and coachs fav pippo and sheva he wont be getting any support btw he dont need it he can realy outplay everybody he shouldnt end up like crespo. i think he should go to a lesser team so that he can play freely.

dru lets not get into any argument like it goes in this forum who is a bigger milan fan. i am an eternal ronaldo fan so are you.

i want a new avtat one in 98 world cup can you get me?
i think of asking genc for it but he is not a ronaldo fan.

and i removed ronaldo avtar and tried to stay low cause in this forum there are other troubles cvoach lovers and coach haters.

i respect your love for ronaldo but dont look me down cause i have different thoughts
Ronaldo's only elusive title is the CL. THAT's why he joined Milan....because we're the BEST in the CL. He could always join some shit team and score a bunch and look like a superstar. But it would be harder for him to compete at TOP level...i.e the LEVEL required to play international tournament. A half fit half motivated Ronaldo might be able to score a goal or two but would never get a nod from Ancelotti. If you're scoring goals for Milan your chances of making the national team are that much higher. It is what accelerated Pato's introduction to the Seleccao.A fit Ronaldo is better than a fit $hitva, Pato and Borriello simply because he can score. Perhaps Pato will finally blossom into the super striker we all hope he will become but at present he needs to improve his game to match his undoubted potential.

Ronaldo is many things but he IS a scorer. I don't mind if he's even behind Pippo in our pecking order. IF (and that's a BIG if ) he's fit he's useful. $heva has lost it....because his talent wasn't 100% natural. He was a hard worker who kept fit and trained a lot. Sure he must have had some natural ability to be the world's best striker in his peak but his game isn't "in his dna" as Dunga described Ronaldo. The same goes for ronaldinho, Kaka, Nesta and Maldini. No matter what shit form these guys are in they can ALWAYS bring something special to the table.

Having Ronaldo also (and again i am being idealistic so the potential for the situation to take place is there but whether in practise it would work is up to the players themselves) to mentor PAto and teach him a few tricks of the trade such as shot selection (which $heva has lost and Pippo never had) and finishing would prove to go a long way in accelerating Pato's growth.

At the end of the day to me if all goes well I hope for Ronaldo's arrival to:

1) Win the CL with him- thereby making him one of the most decorated players ever and also enhancing Milan's image for owning such a pleyer

2) Guiding Pato/Borri to become the most dangerous AND productive strikers in Eruope

3)Helping him earn a WC spot in the team (possibly comming on for Pato:D )

I think these three reasons are very good ones. If he doesn't come though there are better options that would benefit Milan.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Milan should have kept Ronaldo instead of bringing Sheva. There are so many reasons for that. First and foremost, lets face it Sheva is crap. Second, Milan have four strikers and play preferably with a lone striker formation. Sheva is bringing unnecesary tension to healthy competition, because of his name and history, while he should obviously be the fourth choice. With Ronaldo, he would have been 4th striker and would have been just a bonus from time to time. Of course, his new contract should have been defined as a pay per play one, or at least one with a lot smaller wages, but he should have stayed. He proved he is far from a bad player at Milan.

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Ronaldo9 said:
Milan should have kept Ronaldo instead of bringing Sheva. There are so many reasons for that. First and foremost, lets face it Sheva is crap. Second, Milan have four strikers and play preferably with a lone striker formation. Sheva is bringing unnecesary tension to healthy competition, because of his name and history, while he should obviously be the fourth choice. With Ronaldo, he would have been 4th striker and would have been just a bonus from time to time. Of course, his new contract should have been defined as a pay per play one, or at least one with a lot smaller wages, but he should have stayed. He proved he is far from a bad player at Milan.
Ronaldo is a class act & along with Zidane the best attacking player of the last 15 years.

Sheva came back because of Berlusconi & because he very rarely played Milan where always going to have problems giving Ronaldo a new deal at all.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ronaldo9 said:

Why the hell is better option to keep injury prone Ronaldo with his "broken" legs then Sheva. Yes, he had similar type of injury but he's too old for coming back from that kind of injury, what do you want? to wait for one day for same thing to happen..Better for him is to quit football and to save his legs.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo9 said:
Theoretically $heva would have been better if deployed as a lone striker since he is fitter, better in the air and generally less injury prone. However of late is seems that he is either incapable or unwilling to take on his man. As far as being a lone striker, Ronaldo would not have added much value to Pato. However whatever type of striker you are, you are expected to score and the art of scoring belongs to R9. Pippo too has mastered the art of scoring but he doesn't use conventional means. His instincts guide him to the ball. I'm not sure someone can be taught to find the ball the way Pippo does because it often seems that the ball finds him.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ashish said:
screw yourself old man

hahah
talk about getting worked up.

it was a joke, little one. The :tongue: after the message should have clued you up on that.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A decade on: the boy wonder and the child laborer
Soccer
By Rob Hughes Published: October 21, 2008

soccerrob21pic.jpg

Ronaldo, the man who has scored more World Cup goals than anyone else in history, is hard at work sweating off surplus pounds in the quest to make one last comeback.

He is 32, he dreams of South Africa 2010, and, though technically unemployed, he is in training with Flamengo in his home city, Rio de Janeiro.

His ongoing contract with Nike sportswear should banish any thoughts of a pauper status; but Ronaldo does, desperately, want to play at the highestt level again.

Tahira Bibi, a child of the Punjab who might have stitched the ball for any of Brazil's games in the four World Cup tournaments in which Ronaldo was part of the squad, is also still earning a living.

Her's is a story of comparative success. I met Tahira when she was a child, diligently and relentlessly sewing panels into Adidas balls for the equivalent of a third of a dollar a ball. Stitch by stitch, panel by panel, she and her mother Haleema were the bread winners for the family that included two infant boys and a younger girl.

A decade on: the boy wonder and the child laborer
Their father had hanged himself from a tree within sight of their home.

It was 1998, the summer of Ronaldo's strange turn when he suffered convulsions on the eve of the World Cup final against France in Paris. Instead, Zinédine Zidane became the star, though O Fenômeno, as Brazilians know Ronaldo, returned to eclipse all others and shoot Brazil back to the title in 2002.

His trauma now is in the left knee, where a ligament snapped on Feb. 13, and in his pride after his latest professional club, AC Milan, paid him off in the summer. He tells reporters now that he will, as he has before, prove the doubters wrong and recover from his latest career threatening injury.

Ronaldo is still in a sense child-like, still convinced he can recapture the fitness of his comparative youth, still sure in his mind that he has tools to be worth his next million, and still defiant to those who say he came from poverty and could go full circle.

He has to recapture the special quickness of body and instinct that gave him 62 goals in 97 games for Brazil, and 319 goals from 452 matches in the top leagues of Brazil, Netherlands, Spain and Italy. He began training with Flamengo last week, and his progress interests Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain, and he says an Italian Serie A club he will not name.

Meanwhile, Tahira Bibi has passed her first hurdles. She has matured from the 11-year-old with a sewing needle to a girl who managed to progress through sixth grade in school, thanks to the program run by the International Labor Office.

Its field workers went back to her village last week and found that Tahira is married, with two children of her own. Her mother helps the daughter now.

The ILO's never-ending work against child labor, through projects such as the one centered on Sialkot's sewing factories, has always worked at the extremes. A child stitching until her fingers and eyes are at risk is persuaded into the classroom, the manufacturers using her cheap labor to enrich soccer stars, or potential stars, with sponsorship.

Soccer's industry does not like the connotation, and neither do the agents of Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods who, like Ronaldo, are Nike men just as David Beckham is an Adidas icon.

The financial crises we are all now confronted with will affect all sides of the equation. Juan Somavia, the director general of the ILO, said in Geneva on Monday that the number of global unemployed could rise from 190 million in 2007 to 210 million in late 2009. He estimated that those existing on less than $1 a day could rise by 40 million, and those on $2 a day by more than 100 million.

Sports in that climate will surely have to shrink some of its largesse. This week's European Champions League matches, involving 32 clubs, have financial implications extending to $1 billion.

Manchester United, the defending champion, has a bank loan for more than that sum, but it netted €42.9 million, about $57 million, from the Champions League alone last season. Overall, 13 clubs, from England, Italy, Spain, Germany and France, each cleared at least €20 million from that tournament.

Some of them tell us they are not expecting any kind of contraction in the current financial year. They have already spent the anticipated proceeds of this season and, just like the big name players they employ, each of those elite clubs has more than one foot firmly in the market of one footwear manufacturer or another.

Nike will replace Ronaldo when he does finally hang up his boots. Beckham sold 300,000 Adidas replica shirts a year ago but has moved less this season as his club, the L.A. Galaxy, has fallen and will sell presumably less still when his skills are no longer so marketable.

The industry that makes the players rich beyond their childhood imagination supports them when they are beyond their prime.

Meanwhile, Sialkot alone produced more than 40 million soccer balls, worth more than $250 million, last year, and the balls will not stop rolling just because of an economic downturn.

Over the past decade, while Ronaldo has been at the top of his world, Tahira has secured her own place in her world.

His relationships and broken marriage have been conducted in the celebrity spotlight. Tahira is apparently content in her improved family situation.

When I visited her, she had a serenity. Ronaldo never did. Achievement was a fleeting thing, and now is a pain.

"I'm working hard to return to my old self," he told Folha de São Paulo newspaper. "I could stay home, play with friends, but I love soccer.

"When I am exhausted by training, I always think someone is going to pay for all this effort.

"I believe the defenders are going to pay."

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo Edging Closer To Siena?
Recent reports have linked the former AC Milan striker to several clubs in Italy, including Siena, who believe that they are a genuine chance to sign the Brazilian.

Brazilian legend Ronaldo joined AC Milan in January 2007, from Spanish giants Real Madrid for a fee of around €7.5 million.

He went on to make 20 appearances for the Milanese side, scoring nine times, including a brace against Siena, a club that he has reportedly been linked to in recent days.

Along with fellow Serie A clubs Roma and Sampdoria, Siena is one of three Italian clubs linked with the Brazilian icon. “It’s an idea that some may feel is crazy”, according to the Siena president Giovanni Lombardi Stronati, but it’s an idea that he is “fascinated” by, as he is, “a big fan of the phenomenon.”

In recent days, Ronaldo has confirmed that there are Italian clubs vying for his signature, thus dismissing reports that interest shown by Siena in particular, are just wide spread rumours.

According to the latest reports from Siena, Ronaldo’s agent was spotted meeting with the president of the Bianconeri, to discuss the future of his client and a possible move to the Tuscan club.

“The deal is still up in the air, and it remains to be seen what will happen, however I can assure you that we are a chance,” said an optimistic Stronati.

“If he wants to get back in to shape and wants to return to the playing field, we can help him. We have fantastic fitness staff, led by Professor Giorgio D'Urbano, and a great physical trainer and former coach in Alberto Tomba,” he added.

“It is a set-up in which Ronaldo can draw up a specific program for his athletic preparation, whilst we help him in his recovery.”

Such news is certain to excite the fans of the Tuscan club, as their performances on the field this season have been far from exhilarating. The Bianconeri currently sit in 13th position, just four points above the drop.

Adrian Del Monte

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
was watching some statistics and found out that he holds record for scoring the fastest goal in RM's shirt

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I Was Far Too Fat, Admits Ronaldo

Brazilian striker Ronaldo has confessed he put on so much weight during his time out injured that he almost ran out of clothes.

Speaking to Sportv cable television station, the Brazilian revealed: “I couldn't have got any fatter, I was running out of clothes.”

The former Real Madrid man is currently a free agent after being released by Milan but is back in Brazil where he is training with Flamengo.

Ronaldo also admitted that getting his fitness back was a real challenge. He said: “Everything on the table is nice but it makes you put on weight. Losing weight is the most difficult part.”

Yet despite his many setbacks the striker revealed he still harboured hopes of a recall by the national side.

“I'm making great sacrifices and, yes, I still dream about the national team,” confessed Ronaldo before adding, “The national team is part of my life, I have an incredible history, of many conquests and also many defeats.”

However, he is realistic about his chances of a recall and admitted that he needed to get back playing and could not simply rely on his reputation. He concluded: “But to play for Brazil, I have to have a club and play well. I'm not going to be picked on my past or because of my sponsor, as many have said.”

goal

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Pirlo, Borriello, Pato, Ronaldinho
dev1L said:

Brazilian striker Ronaldo has confessed he put on so much weight during his time out injured that he almost ran out of clothes.

Speaking to Sportv cable television station, the Brazilian revealed: “I couldn't have got any fatter, I was running out of clothes.”

The former Real Madrid man is currently a free agent after being released by Milan but is back in Brazil where he is training with Flamengo.

Ronaldo also admitted that getting his fitness back was a real challenge. He said: “Everything on the table is nice but it makes you put on weight. Losing weight is the most difficult part.”

Yet despite his many setbacks the striker revealed he still harboured hopes of a recall by the national side.

“I'm making great sacrifices and, yes, I still dream about the national team,” confessed Ronaldo before adding, “The national team is part of my life, I have an incredible history, of many conquests and also many defeats.”

However, he is realistic about his chances of a recall and admitted that he needed to get back playing and could not simply rely on his reputation. He concluded: “But to play for Brazil, I have to have a club and play well. I'm not going to be picked on my past or because of my sponsor, as many have said.”

goal

Lol.

Milan084's avatar comes into mind lol...

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
dev1L said:

Homer_muumuu.jpg

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Siena offer Ronaldo lifeline Friday 31 October, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Siena President Giovanni Lombardi Stronati is to give Brazilian star Ronaldo the opportunity to rebuild his career – at a cost of £80,000 a goal!

The 32-year-old striker is currently training with Flamengo after being released from Milan where he suffered yet another horrific knee injury.

“It’s an idea we are working on,” admitted Stronati. “They tell me that he is really thinking about retiring, but I would like to offer him one last chance.

“I spoke with his manager and I have proposed a contract of £80,000 a goal. I am willing to reduce myself to poverty, but the goals of Ronaldo could save Siena.

“My team plays well, [Marco] Giampaolo is a great Coach,” added an ebullient Stronati. “But we score little.”

Siena have found the net just seven times this season and host Fiorentina in a Tuscan derby on Sunday.

When asked if he was delusional to think a player of Ronaldo’s stature would consider joining Siena, Stronati replied: “The slogan is very simple: Ronaldo, come and try us.”

Stronati did reveal that should Ronaldo turn down the chance to play for Siena, he has another forward lined up to solve the Robur’s scoring problems.

“I have a plan B. Another South American. He plays in Chile. He is Argentine. He is called Gaston Cellerino.”

channel4

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Ronaldo won't go to Siena.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

:head: The Brazilian ace snapped a tendon in his left knee while playing in a Serie A game with Livorno on February 13.

His contract with the Via Turati outfit expired last June and the Fenomeno has gone through a lengthy recovery process over the past few months in order to return to action.

He has been training with Flamengo, but reporter Renato Mauricio Prado, who works for newspaper O Globo, has revealed during TV show ‘Bem Amigos’ that the 32-year-old is suffering from a left knee lesion that is hindering his return to form.

According to the journalist, this is the reason why Ronaldo has yet to commit his future to any club.

However, Flamengo team doctor Luis Runco has denied that there are have been any new hitches in the rehabilitation process of the former Barcelona star.

Ronnie is currently in Rio de Janeiro and has been linked with several European clubs in recent weeks, including Paris Saint Germain and Manchester City.

Serie A minnows Siena have also put a sensational bid on the table, but it is highly unlikely that Ronaldo will land in Tuscany, as his agent stressed last month.

Why oh why does he have to suffer????
when will he return???
Ronnie,i'm holding my fingers for thee. :proud:

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
For Dru

Ok Dru, I know you've probably seen EVERY Ronaldo footage on the planet. I had to post this one though even if the quality isn't all that.

The 'Speed' Part makes me :proud:

Ronaldinho can go suck monkey balls!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Wet Ones said:
Ok Dru, I know you've probably seen EVERY Ronaldo footage on the planet. I had to post this one though even if the quality isn't all that.

The 'Speed' Part makes me :proud:
I can't remember thinking he is a fast player? Have I just made such a bad evaluation or is it more down to his dribble + acceleration? I mean I have always though he got past players because of a simple dummy and explosive first steps.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Jasper said:
I can't remember thinking he is a fast player? Have I just made such a bad evaluation or is it more down to his dribble + acceleration? I mean I have always though he got past players because of a simple dummy and explosive first steps.
It's mostly because his plays are highlited by Dummies and Awesome skils, which prevents us from seeing his fast runs.

It was said, that when he was with Ac Milan, something like a speed drill or whatever they call it took place, and he took 1st place.
Ofcourse Milan's players aren't the fastest but we do have a player called Kaka'.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Soldier said:
Ofcourse Milan's players aren't the fastest but we do have a player called Kaka'.
The true question is though, how would he compare against Gabriel Agbonlawhore? :D

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
radioactivenerd said:
The true question is though, how would he compare against Gabriel Agbonlawhore? :D

That's a no contest. Angboonlawhore is the fastest player in the universe. Nice nick name for him by the way :D

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
menon_inc said:
That's a no contest. Angboonlawhore is the fastest player in the universe. Nice nick name for him by the way :D

i thought Martins was the fastest one :eek:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
menon_inc said:
he is even faster than bolt and plays for the top team in EPL(no offense #16) :tongue:

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Charity Match

For those who don't know, today is Ronaldo's first game after injury *fingers crossed*.

Zidane XI vs Ronaldo XI @ 18:00 GMT

Schedule