Milan's Transferseason round-up

What do you make of our transfer campaign so far?

• Total voters

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
kakarulez said:
To be honest... i think man u have wasted money on the wrong players this summer. They already have carrick, who is a decent player, and yet they bought hargreaves. There is no way that Ronaldo, Rooney, Anderson, Tevez and Nani are going to be able to play together. Ferguson should have picked up Toni before bayern got there, or perhaps could have tried for Adriano. despite their signings, i have a feeling that united are going to end up trophy-less next season.

Ok just wanted to point a couple thing to you here:

Carrick and Hargreaves are too completely different players. Carrick is a passer who dictates the play. Hargreaves is hard-tackling defensive midfielder. The possible replacement for Keane they had been searching for.

Scholes and Giggs are going to be 33 and 34 respectively at the end of this year I believe. Anderson and Nani are future replacements for them. And Fergi doesn't seem to be going the route of a point man anymore so hence Tevez as apposed to another option. And the same way Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes, Saha, Giggs can play together, with a little time the same can be said for Ronaldo, Rooney, Anderson, Tevez, Nani.

Concerning us, our transfer policy has changed slightly since last year. Normally we wouldn't buy a 20 yeard old, a 25 year old and a 26 year old. I also think we're looking towards getting a young defender so it might not be the same patch work we're normally used to.

Last edited:

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
Kakà_&_Gourcuff said:
the market is still open, as long as we have time you habe to be patient :)
Duh, we still have 2 weeks before our training starts. And almost 2 months before our first game.

That's a lifetime

Reaction score
Fav. Players
savicevic, leonardo, boban, gourcuff, kaka, maldini
kakarulez said:
To be honest... i think man u have wasted money on the wrong players this summer. They already have carrick, who is a decent player, and yet they bought hargreaves. There is no way that Ronaldo, Rooney, Anderson, Tevez and Nani are going to be able to play together. Ferguson should have picked up Toni before bayern got there, or perhaps could have tried for Adriano. despite their signings, i have a feeling that united are going to end up trophy-less next season.

About our transfer policy... There is still A LOT OF TIME left in this market for us to make signings. If we splash money now on some player and he doesn't play well, everyone will be saying how we wasted money( example Oli). But if we take our time and get a good deal( example ronaldo or kaka, who we watched for 2-3 seasons before signing) we complain that we should have signed them earlier. The fact is that we have consistantly been doing well over the seasons and that shows there is absolutely nothing wrong about our transfer policy.

I`m not saying lets go out and spend big money on stars but the fact is we struggled big time in the league last year not because of the points deduction but due to our lacklustre summer transfer campaign. I mean last year we were runners up to juve in the league and were put out of europe by a better barca team, we could see then that we needed some improvement and we also knew that we would be losing stam, rui costa, sheva and we did not replace these quality players with the same quality thus when we got injuries this year we had no decent back ups to come into the team to sustain our challenge for the title. Also the lack of talent has caused our usual good football to slide, i mean i can count on one hand the games we played good football this year. When our league position was sliding last year thats when galliani knew that if we did not buy some players in january we could`ve been facing the possibility of a trophyless season and maybe no champions league next year. After we signed ronaldo and oddo our play got better and the team improved their game so what would have happened if we signed these players in the summer we would have had a better chance in the league but we didn`t and ended up paying over the odds for a striker who was not milan quality let alone a replacement for sheva who we are now trying to sell for 7.5 million less than half what we paid for him a year ago. Right now we start pre season training in around two weeks and we have no new players to gel with the rest of the squad and to get fit for the new campaign and all players that we could have tabled bids for have moved to new clubs, i mean good players like barzagli, grosso, tevez, cassano, zambrotta, alves etc all are looking to move and we show no interest in signing any of them but we keep reading that we want sheva back i mean is that not crazy, we are neglecting areas of the pitch we need to fill but we are talking about bringing a player back who asked to leave us a year ago, we are showing no ambition on moving forward and bringing in much needed competition to the players we have already. Hopefully we will sign a few players but i think all we`ll sign is a striker to replace oliviera but the big answer is who cos all the recognized good finishers have all moved on to other clubs or we are doing nothing to sign them. :eek:

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko
teis said:
Duh, we still have 2 weeks before our training starts. And almost 2 months before our first game.

That's a lifetime

Good deals take time

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It's kinda funny, inspite of playing in 4 semis in last 5 years CL and winning a couple, we are still calling our management "SHIT".

If they are shit, then what will make other club's management team??

"SUPER SHIT", I guess, for lack of any other word.

Anyway, for me we want a brilliant striker, either ETO or SHEVA. (No ADRIANO and no CASSANO, please), and ZAMBROTTA.

A bonus will be some real good Central back.

Probably JUAN would have a good one too but he has already signed with ROMA from BAYERN M., I think!!

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Gatorbasu said:
It's kinda funny, inspite of playing in 4 semis in last 5 years CL and winning a couple, we are still calling our management "SHIT".

If they are shit, then what will make other club's management team??

"SUPER SHIT", I guess, for lack of any other word.
Shhhhh don'y say that a lot of people will tell you it was all luck :rolleyes:
All I hear around here is Seedorf is slow,Pirlo is bad,Gattuso can't dribble,Oddo sucks,Maldini is old,Ronaldo fat,Gila sucks,Pippo sucks,Kaladze slow,coach sucks,management sucks and we still have played 3 finals in the past 5 years and won 2...
If we have underachived with this then we don't even need to discuss the other teams managements....

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
devilsmania.com said:
In the last couple of years, I've requested two things within the ivory towers at Milan. One, that Galliani has a CAT scan. Two, that auditors run a fine-toothed comb through the books to find out just exactly where the money is going.

We dithered and haggled all simmer long over the £4million that it took to bring Kaka to the club. Carlo, according to informed rumour, is more than sold by Pato, yet the fee of around £8million has the hierarchy incredulous. We're talking about £8million - the kind of petty change that most clubs carry in their pocket.

This, coupled with the headless chicken approach to signing players (is there a devised strategy or is said strategy to merely embarrass ourselves year upon year in the media by verbally pursuing every champion with a pulse and ultimately signing a damp squib?) really makes me wonder whether the walls inside of said ivory tower are in fact padded.
I couldn't agree more.

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
menon_inc said:
Like Oli and Gila? :o

Yes like Gilardino

Kakà toke a time :rolleyes: do you complain now ?

Do we have a good squad now ?
Yes

How did that squad came there ?

Thanks to our managment.
These people know what they do, a lot better then us.

Tarantulla

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zorro
For sure we will get somebody this year. There's nothing to hurry up. Probably Milan will bring back Sheva will sign Milito and will made any precontract with Pato. Maybe Barsa made few transfers to admire but We are not behind them at all if we made these transfers.

fiume_1987

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Desailly, Redondo, Rivaldo, Rui Costa, Maldini, Pato, T. Silva
Well, I am really pleased that there are many Milan fans who are really optimistic about our transfer campaign and team's success next season. I'm not...
It's rather obscure to compare our non-existent transfer policy (or "the waiting game") to Manchester United or Barcelona. I may be wrong but I think that Ferguson signed all those great players to make his team STRONGER then they were last season. I may be wrong on this too, but I hope that the goal of our managment is to make AC Milan, current champions of Europe, STRONGER then last year. Because, that's what smart teams do - reinforce your squad even if you achieve success. I really think that with current squad we can't defend the european title and enter into a serious championship race with Inter, but hey - we already signed Ba and another phantom striker (I could place a bet that would be Cassano) will come, so everything is just - super.

Reaction score
Our indecisiveness is letting good players slip right through our fingers. Hopefully it's a front or something Galliani and the management have up their sleeves. Milan's known to work privately...hopefully it's just that again..

Milan4Life

Primavera
Reaction score
i too am sick of this... every season... ive been holding this in for so long... we are going to get ___ we are going to ____ and then nothing ever happens... we get players like oliviera who didnt do anything... and we let players go like crespo... what is wrong with this management... honestly... go for a star whos in his prime, not a mediocre person like cassano who has played very limited the past year... whats the point?

Milan4Life

Primavera
Reaction score
sorry to double post but i cant just keep it all in... this is exactly what we do... we find fillers... well im sick of god damn fillers... sign someone who is coming in to start... it doesnt have to be a big name for christ sake... kaka wasnt and hes awesome and he came in to start... find someone to start not someone to sit around and only play in coppa italia and the second legs of games that we are winning 4-0... the only way you win is to make your starting 11 better. you do that first and then you fill in your bench

kakarulez

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I'm officially confused. The same people who are critisicing us for not playing our youngsters are also demanding we buy more players!

The management have already said they are going to buy a striker, esp with Oli leaving. So, we are covered there. In midfield, we have pirlo, seedorf, kaka, gattuso,brocchi, Ambrosini, Gourcuff and lastly at definately the least, Ba. That is 8 mids. Perhaps 1 more would be good, but i'll say we're still good there. If we bring in another quality midfielder, like what most people seem to want, when is Gourcuff ever going to get his chance which we all were calling for him to get. The same goes for defence.

We need to allow our players games to improve. We can't just buy players who are already at their prime, which somes clubs do(eg. Chelsea and Real) And look at where these clubs have ended up? They're acheivements in the last few years is not even comparable to ours. You can't have a team with too many stars( eg Brazil) cause they simply won't gel. You have to have a mixture of growing(gourcuff), those who have just reached their prime(kaka') and experience(Ronaldo). We have a good team, a good transfer policy(besides last year, which i think will prove to be a one-off thing) a good management.

Just look at what gattuso said,"Kaká is and will remain a symbol of our team. We are about to begin a fantastic league season, more competitive, where everyone will start at the same level. Our secret? The management, the structure of the club which follows all its players closely and sees to it that every player is in the best conditions to give their all for the club."

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Should we benchmark Management Team's Performance??

How should a club's management team be rated ??

Should we rate them on how many stars are they able to bring in the club by signing star players or by winning championship??

My answer will be BY WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS. Should have put that out as a poll question.

Should we be called as bad supporters if we still celebrate winning CL with OLD, FAT, SLOW, INCONSISTENT, WORTHLESS, EGOISTIC (and few other objectives)??

OR

Shold we be critical of our management team (in spite of consistently doing good in CL) since they are deploying the same OLD, FAT, SLOW, INCONSISTENT, WORTHLESS, EGOISTIC (and few other objectives) ??

Is it a fault to stick behind the same old and slow players who are bringing you trophies or should we dump them on the basis of their age but not on the basis of the result ??

I am asking because I am confused !@#%$!

Last edited:

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gatorbasu said:

Should we rate them on how many stars are they able to bring in the club by signing star players or by winning championship??

My answer will be BY WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS. Should have put that out as a poll question.

Should we be called as bad supporters if we still celebrate winning CL with OLD, FAT, SLOW, INCONSISTENT, WORTHLESS, EGOISTIC (and few other objectives)??

OR

Shold we be critical of our management team (in spite of consistently doing good in CL) since they are deploying the same OLD, FAT, SLOW, INCONSISTENT, WORTHLESS, EGOISTIC (and few other objectives) ??

Is it a fault to stick behind the same old and slow players who are bringing you trophies or should we dump them on the basis of their age but not on the basis of the result ??

Brilliant post :D

Milan is the best team in the world for the past 5 years.
Milan managment knows what they are doing, and we only get the news from the press.

Did anyone really knew that Man Utd was going to buy both Nani and Anderson before the deal was maid ?

We don't know what the managment is doing, the only thing you can do is hope and trust them.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
We still didnt buy any player .. and the news coming from season ticket holders is pleasing..

36.000 already .. ( official site ) .. we will reach 41.000 for sure .. wich is record I think right ?

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Besi said:
We still didnt buy any player .. and the news coming from season ticket holders is pleasing..

36.000 already .. ( official site ) .. we will reach 41.000 for sure .. wich is record I think right ?

If we get Ronaldinho, then season tickets will fly over the bench ( at least that's what I hope)

roy_il_diavolo

L'Avvocato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Baggio,Rivera,MvB,Totti, Nesta, Del Piero, Buffon, Kaka
Gatorbasu said:

OR

Good Post.

Real Madrid have won LaLiga.(first trophy in four years) Have they sat back ? New coach, new signings.

Man U have had an amazing season. Cup final, UCL semis, League Winners. They went out and bought 4 new players.

Barca had one bad season after 3 brilliant seasons. BAD = joint on points with the League champions. they went out and bought the best Left back + one of the best strikers + other good players.

The people here asking for new signings (like me) are not criticizing the team + are proud of what they achieved. But we didnt exactly have the perfect season. This is a never-ending cycle. We wont be competing against the same old players next season. They have all stepped up a level. Shouldnt we ?

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
roy_il_diavolo said:
Good Post.

Real Madrid have won LaLiga.(first trophy in four years) Have they sat back ? New coach, new signings.

Man U have had an amazing season. Cup final, UCL semis, League Winners. They went out and bought 4 new players.

Barca had one bad season after 3 brilliant seasons. BAD = joint on points with the League champions. they went out and bought the best Left back + one of the best strikers + other good players.

The people here asking for new signings (like me) are not criticizing the team + are proud of what they achieved. But we didnt exactly have the perfect season. This is a never-ending cycle. We wont be competing against the same old players next season. They have all stepped up a level. Shouldnt we ?
Madrid won their league, for the first time in 4 years.
Man Utd won their league, also their only trophy. And did they win anything last year?

We've won the CL, and we were consistent for at least the last 5 years. Let's see Madrid and Man Utd do that!

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Poll added and thread stuck.

Last edited:

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*KPB*, /THIAGO SILVA\, +PATO+, Nesta, Noce, Super Pippo, Abate, Baresi, MvB
Kakà_&_Gourcuff said:
Good deals take time
What good deals.....we arent even close to anyone.....all press keep talking and talking about how many strikers are linked with Milan......Pato, Cassano, Adriano.....considerin the awful campaign in last year's Serie A (and plz stop the injuries, points deduction excuses) we seriously need some fresh blood in this team.......and as someone alrdy pointed is seriously stupid how Inter, Barça and Madrid are engaged in battle for at least three excellent players, but apparently no1 in this team have heard about Chivu, Milito, Malouda, Abidal.....we need a striker, a fantastic one, not just another Oliveira.....and seriously Billy retired, sooner Capi will prolly retire and what we have to replace him in a long term? Bonera? we could have bought Chivu or Milito but i dont know why we dont even bother in place a bid for any of the stars in the current transfer window........

Now we are apparently going to overspend in an unproven kiddo as Pato is....ya, our "transfer policy" is rlly sad

fiume_1987

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Desailly, Redondo, Rivaldo, Rui Costa, Maldini, Pato, T. Silva
Man Utd won their league, also their only trophy. And did they win anything last year?
We shouldn't show so much self - indulgence over this CL trophy. Milan haven't won anything for two succesive seasons prior to this last success. Scudetto is an impossible dream for three years now. So we also have things to be concerned with, not bother with Man Utd. or Real's problems...
I agree we should enjoy being the european champions and we can be proud of the team that they pulled it off, but this one trophy can't justify our passive transfer policy in a situation when we seriously need to secure more quality and squad depth.

P.S. When we won CL 2003. we signed Cafu and Kaka and marched to the scudetto triumph following season 03/04 when Ancelotti's Milan was IMO the best club in the world (too bad about La Coruna, though :(

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
fiume_1987 said:
P.S. When we won CL 2003. we signed Cafu and Kaka and marched to the scudetto triumph following season 03/04 when Ancelotti's Milan was IMO the best club in the world (too bad about La Coruna, though :(
and you have forgot Pancaro, no matter what he had a great season

roy_il_diavolo

L'Avvocato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Baggio,Rivera,MvB,Totti, Nesta, Del Piero, Buffon, Kaka
teis said:

We've won the CL, and we were consistent for at least the last 5 years. Let's see Madrid and Man Utd do that!

Very smartly u forgot to mention anything about Barca :D ... oh well.... did we just forget that in the 04-05 season + the 05-06 season...we won at about NOTHING !!! Just bcoz we have a trophy this year...we sit back and enjoy... Real had won 3 UCLs from 98-02 but still went out and spent money on Beckham, Owen and Co. ... i am not saying Milan should do the same but hoping B+G would want to fill the little holes...

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
roy_il_diavolo said:
Very smartly u forgot to mention anything about Barca :D ... oh well.... did we just forget that in the 04-05 season + the 05-06 season...we won at about NOTHING !!! Just bcoz we have a trophy this year...we sit back and enjoy... Real had won 3 UCLs from 98-02 but still went out and spent money on Beckham, Owen and Co. ... i am not saying Milan should do the same but hoping B+G would want to fill the little holes...
Forgetting to mention Barca, I didn't even do that on purpose :)

Anyway, we did get to the CL quarter finals or even semi finals(?) these last 5 years. And I must say I really enjoyed the football we played these last few years.

What I can't say about any other team.

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.
teis said:
Forgetting to mention Barca, I didn't even do that on purpose :)

Anyway, we did get to the CL quarter finals or even semi finals(?) these last 5 years. And I must say I really enjoyed the football we played these last few years.

What I can't say about any other team.
But the main factor that made you enjoy our football, whom we call players, are getting old and should be replaced.

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
snn said:
But the main factor that made you enjoy our football, whom we call players, are getting old and should be replaced.
I don't know about you, but those players were called old like 3 seasons ago. And when I see them play games like the one vs Man Utd, I don't care. That's how football should be played, and if you can play like that I don't care how old you are