The Rumour Commode XXVI: March Fourth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
RR with his speed and decision making speed is a disaster in 4-3-1-2.. he cant even use space cause he runs like he's gonna stumble and fall any minute. I'd rather keep Laxalt than him.

Giampaolo's 4-3-1-2 doesn't really on steady FB involvement for width so the system isn't an issue. What you write about his running is obviously polemic, give RR space to work with and the opponent will be in trouble.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Giampaolo's 4-3-1-2 doesn't really on steady FB involvement for width so the system isn't an issue. What you write about his running is obviously polemic, give RR space to work with and the opponent will be in trouble.

RR and trouble is an oxymoron

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Strongly believe veretout can become a great side midfielder in giampaolos system

A complete modern mid. I hope Maldini closes that 20 m + bonuses deal asap

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
also, give Zapata space and he will cause trouble... but who the fuck gives you space in Serie A?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
also, give Zapata space and he will cause trouble... but who the fuck gives you space in Serie A?

Not voluntarily but one of the perks of Giampaolo's system is that it lures the opponent central which causes space at the sides that can be used for surprise moves by the lurking SS and FBs (or other players who can free themselves form the central pulk.)

Giampaolo's tactics in a nutshell from what I read and watched the last couple of days:

-back 4 keeping formation and acting as base for the midfield play and stoping counters
-very direct short pass game in the center concentrating the game in quite a small space
-suprise movements over the side to either exploit the opponent moving too narrow or to lure the opponent out to create more space centrally

Last edited:

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
RR with his speed and decision making speed is a disaster in 4-3-1-2.. he cant even use space cause he runs like he's gonna stumble and fall any minute. I'd rather keep Laxalt than him.

Laxalt is the definition of trash. RR is much better than him

OVUNQUE CON TE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Should have off field sorted within days it seems, From #nextweek team building for preseason should really ramp up.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
18 june, still no official coach, sd or an actual signing

preseason starts in couple of weeks

4za

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
AC Milan are interested in a fresh move for Real Madrid midfielder Dani Ceballos this summer, according to reports.

both il Milanista and Spanish outlet AS state that the Rossoneri have been alerted to his availability this summer, with a price tag of €30million reportedly being set.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
AC Milan are interested in a fresh move for Real Madrid midfielder Dani Ceballos this summer, according to reports.

both il Milanista and Spanish outlet AS state that the Rossoneri have been alerted to his availability this summer, with a price tag of €30million reportedly being set.

Oh

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
After watching 5 minutes of Dani Olmo's 11 minutes youtube highlights, I've become convinced. Never thought scouting would be this easy.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Jaoa Felix can go for 120 million. I’m certain PSG will pay 100 mill for a player they need.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Jaoa Felix can go for 120 million. I’m certain PSG will pay 100 mill for a player they need.

Well they're about to sell Neymar for 100m + Dembelee + Umtiti + Rakitic

So plenty of money to go around

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well they're about to sell Neymar for 100m + Dembelee + Umtiti + Rakitic

So plenty of money to go around

This is my issue with people that think keeping Donna is a good idea. With 100 million we can get 3 very good players for 30 mil plus, free up salary as well for those players. It will be the equivalent of Liverpool selling Couthinho. Only if management spend wisely and if we get anything between 70 to 100 mil for Donna. I think this would be the smartest thing in the world.

Remember our transfer budget is 30 mil plus whatever we make on transfers.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
None of them know. They honestly have zero ideas at all. I listed what I saw in him, and nobody took the time to reply why he’s bad. It’s just the team he comes from. Sensi is the same.

The issue with these players is that yes, they are gambles coming from midtable teams, but a lot of those players struggle bc Milan has been poorly coached and doesn’t have a system in place where players have defined roles. Too many players come here and change position frequently, or have to play under too many managers.

Some will end up like Bertolacci, Gagliardini, Poli or whoever out there that failed, there’s a Radja, Allan, Zielinski, vecino, parolo, and more. Quit judging players off their name and what club they play for, don’t be an idiot. Giampaolo will bring in a distinct style, and every midfielder will know their role. If the system sucks, so be it, it will be on the coach. And like I said, players can fail, especially coming from a smaller club. But get your heads out of your asses. The positive is that all the mids were linked with fit the style we will be playing now, our transfers have more strategy than before. Even big names like Higuain, Biglia, Bonucci, Bakayoko and Silva were all just opportunity signings. None of them fit whatever style we had in mind, unlike now

Excellent post. Grazie Balo.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Correa is an example of a player that I think people overrate. He’s talented and when he’s in form he’s a match winner, but he had less goals and assists than Suso this season. I would rather try Suso as the starting striker with piatek above guys like Correa and kouame. A guy like Kramaric, on the other hand, is more interesting

Correa is very temperamental. Some games he’s very active, some games he disappears completely. I’m glad we aren’t looking for wingers.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
#Torino has made important steps in the last few hours for the Uruguayan full-back of the #Milan #Laxalt. Fresh contacts.

@NonEvoluto

Yes! Fits Mazzarri perfectly too.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Veretout:thumbsup:
Crunic:thumbsup:
Sensi....hmm, not for 30m at least.

Rui:thumbsdown:
Transfer fees on CBs if Zapata was open for renewal:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I'd be pretty fine with those mids, and Kessie staying.
They're not exceptional, but I'm pretty sure they can be good enough as long as the front 3 do their part.

Most of the budget should be allocated to attackers.
We need versatile attackers that can handle more than just one position in one system.
We can't put all the eggs in one basket / formation. If the 4-3-1-2 fails, which it likely will, then we need the newly signed attackers to handle a shift to another formation.

Paqueta has only played one game for Milan in that position, albeit a decent performance.

Not even half a game.
Injured and replaced after 40 mins.

LCM seems too exhausting for Paqueta, and I think 4-3-1-2 CAM is even harder to sustain for him.
People need to realize that the 4-3-1-2 CAM role nowadays is more of a workhorse than playmaker. If there's a great playmaker and trequartista in Paqueta, which I'm not sure there is, then it would be much more practical to field him behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1 or basically any formation other than 4-3-1-2. He'll be less isolated and won't have to compensate defensively for the two forwards.

Last edited:

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
This is my issue with people that think keeping Donna is a good idea. With 100 million we can get 3 very good players for 30 mil plus, free up salary as well for those players. It will be the equivalent of Liverpool selling Couthinho. Only if management spend wisely and if we get anything between 70 to 100 mil for Donna. I think this would be the smartest thing in the world.

Remember our transfer budget is 30 mil plus whatever we make on transfers.

Like Veretout, Sensi and Anderson? :proud::

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
TQ is among the most important positions in his systems and we don't have that much alternatives to Paqueta. Hakan is not the best in tight spaces although probably serviceable, Bona is far better as LCM and Suso/Samu are unproven at TQ.
To buy someone who can focus on TQ together with Paqueta is an intelligent move, we simply need good cover there. Hakan could be sold or be a good option for LCM.

Also his most substituted position. Almost every game the trequartista is subbed out at around minute 70. Can't last a full game because of all the running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule