'The Quail' Enters Milan's Shopping List

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Serie A’s hottest striker Fabio Quagliarella has now entered the orbit of Milan’s transfer desires.

The Sampdoria striker, who has already hit the net nine times with some extremely fine tecnicial moves this season, is co-owned by Udinese and the Blucerchiati.

Milan hope to take advantage of their good relations with both clubs to sign the player this summer.

Easier is the deal that could bring Iaquinta to Udinese this January.

Milan are ready to dish out around 15 million Euros and the loans of Boriello and Oliveira to the Friulani in exchange for the service’s of the World Champion.

www.goal.com

Fabio Quagliarella is a deadset star. He has exploded in Serie A this period with about 6 of his 9 goals nothing short of sensational

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Isn't this his first season in top flight? His goals have been spectacular but how many players we've seen who have a great first season and then fade away when it comes to keeping the standards up? I'd give him one more season at least and only then think of going for him.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
He had one season with Udinese/Ascoli but probably wasn't given enough game time. I think he is a very gifted player and if Real Madrid fork out impractical amounts of money to sign Higuain why not do the same for Quagliarella? I mean he is just as good.

Though I wouldn't mind a co-owership deal, either buy out Ascoli's half or Udinese's.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We're yet to see how Gago and Higuain fare. Quagliarella is a prospect and it is a good thing that he's playing in Serie A. But what we need now is a proven striker. Not a winger who's had a good half season.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Though with a Q mark over Borriello's future Quagliarella would more than fit the bill.

edika_kaka

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Steven Defour
maybe we can exchange wif borriello and some cash..
to get him..

pussycat_doll

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Henry, Raul, Sergio Ramos
Italian Tsar said:

i dont know 23 and only one season its seems very risky.But if his better the drugy borrielo then why not :)

Anyway if gila keeps it up will need some on good to play along side him,and if not wee will need to world class strickers.

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
I wouldn't buy him just yet. He's only had one good season thus far... and it isn't even a whole season. If Borriello is banned for a while then he is worth looking at but I'm sure we would end up overpaying if we were to make a bid.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
23 isnt young u know 4 a hot prospect.
I would prefer 2 spend the money on Suazo rather than Iaquinta or this kid.
The ideal solution 4 us is 2 sign Suazo + Cassano. :D I fuckin wish.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
edika_kaka said:
maybe we can exchange wif borriello and some cash..
to get him..
I doubt exchanging Borriello is possible especially if the ban is imposed.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I rather wait a season and see if he is a one hit wonder, or someone worth it, though he does seem really good.

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko
I think he has potential maybe Milan can buy him or loan him for a year and if he stinks we are already rid of him if he is good we buy him

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I can understand taking a risk, but being too safe either isn't the best option. Look at how Sheva (a relative no-brainer) is fairing now? 23 seems to be the number of choice for our striking scouts (Sheva, Gila), but I'd prefer someone younger who can grow into the team (2 or 3 seasons down) while we put the 40 mils to work.

sheva007

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva, maldini, kaka, fabregas, crespo, tevez, messi, gattuso, nesta, kaladze, robben, van persie
madtherchot said:
I can understand taking a risk, but being too safe either isn't the best option. Look at how Sheva (a relative no-brainer) is fairing now? 23 seems to be the number of choice for our striking scouts (Sheva, Gila), but I'd prefer someone younger who can grow into the team (2 or 3 seasons down) while we put the 40 mils to work.

at least sheva and gila had many years of experience and proven track record sheva in cl and gila in serie a. would be stupid 2 spend so much cash on a plyer who just on form. seriously he might be peaking right now n soon it will fall down

re_milan

Numero 3, Per sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Oddo, Pirlo, Shweinsteiger, Totti, Quagliarella, Perrotta
get him while hes hot. i remember he had 3 beautiful rockets from outside the box this year already, he popped a great header past amelia, i'd take him in a heartbeat.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Quagliarella: I want Juve

Fabio Quagliarella may be a £10m target for Manchester United, but he has other plans. “I’d walk all the way to Turin for Juventus.”

His future can now be decided after the resolution of his co-ownership status between Sampdoria and Udinese went in favour of the Friuli outfit.

He has confirmed receiving an offer of at least £10m from Manchester United, but it was rejected by his previous club Samp.

“I say it clearly – I am ready for a big club. I am accustomed to making the most out of my opportunities, so Juve or Manchester would be a great chance for me,” he told the ‘Corriere dello Sport.’

“If the right offer reached Udinese, then obviously my future could change. But I also reflect on the fact I need a certain consistency in the first team to keep growing and I think Udinese can give me that.”

While Sir Alex Ferguson is a great admirer of Quagliarella’s, the Serie A breakout star is also high on Claudio Ranieri’s list.

“Juve are one of the most important clubs in the world. Who would walk away from that? It would be a wonderful experience.

“Manchester United are also prestigious and I watch the Premiership on television. Perhaps the football is not as competitive as in Italy, but it is very tough physically.

With 13 goals in the top flight this term for a Sampdoria side wracked with problems and a brace on his first Italy start against Lithuania, can Quagliarella do better?

“I do not feel I am 100 per cent mature as a player. I am growing at the right tempo. There’s a long road ahead of me and this next season will be the most difficult, as I have to confirm my talent.”

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun23p.html

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Does anyone want to play for us? Sheesh! :head:

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
MilanoMike said:
yes, Zambrotta, Gallas, Bianchi,Henry (i think)...
the biggest question is this "Is our management interested to bring any player here"? :mad: and the answer is "Nooooo, siamo a posto cosi" :head:

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko
Quagliarella to Juventus just SUCKS.

Juve is getting more and better players than us while they come from serie B and we won the CL :cry:

Just come Quagliarella :cry:

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
This guy is the flavour of the month, never been an advocate of such buys, I'd prefer to see if a player can hold on such form for a sustained period of time. That said with little alternatives it's perhaps better to take on a flash in the pan than an old has been.

Last I heard he wasn't available as Udinese are not willing to sell.

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
Tsar said:
This guy is the flavour of the month, never been an advocate of such buys, I'd prefer to see if a player can hold on such form for a sustained period of time. That said with little alternatives it's perhaps better to take on a flash in the pan than an old has been.

Last I heard he wasn't available as Udinese are not willing to sell.
i agree here

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
Now that udinese bought the remaining half of his contract I don't see him leaving udine this summer.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
The Quail? Is that a typo or am I missing something?

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
MilanoMike said:

Honestly, with the reputation Italian football has gained for itself lately I can see that EPL and La Liga players might shy away. Young Italian players from other teams? Well, how often do we really play our younger ones in midfield and upfront?

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
Anguisette said:
Honestly, with the reputation Italian football has gained for itself lately I can see that EPL and La Liga players might shy away. Young Italian players from other teams? Well, how often do we really play our younger ones in midfield and upfront?

lippi made a great point. Many organizations around the world respect Italian football bcause they confront their problems. There is no way in hell I will except someone telling me the same doesn't occur in England or Spain or Germany.

Schedule