EL: Milan vs AEK Athens - Thursday 19/10/2017 21:05 CET

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
We need to go all in. Let's just hope we cruise to the final and not meet any complications.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Probable XI vs. AEK Athens: Donnarumma; Musacchio, Bonucci, Rodriguez; Calabria, Suso, Locatelli, Çalhanoglu, Bonaventura; A.Silva, Cutrone

4-4-2?

Silva-Cutro
Bona-Hakan-Loca-Suso
RR-Musac-Flopucci-Calabria
Dolla

?

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Probable XI vs. AEK Athens: Donnarumma; Musacchio, Bonucci, Rodriguez; Calabria, Suso, Locatelli, Çalhanoglu, Bonaventura; A.Silva, Cutrone

4-4-2?

Silva-Cutro
Bona-Hakan-Loca-Suso
RR-Musac-Flopucci-Calabria
Dolla

?

yepp probabile 4 4 2 with suso and jack as rm and lm couse i cant see jack playing lw

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I like that lineup a lot. Gives the right flexibility to switch between 3-5-2 and 4-4-2 during the game. I do think they'll start with Rodriguez as the left CB and Bona and Calabria the two wingbacks barely ever bothering to defend.

Very potent lineup.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seems like this is the team tonight:

I don't know, seems extremely unbalanced. AEK play with one up front also, so it will be interesting how we deal with him (just let Bonucci handle him alone, which has been a disaster with Icardi/Immobile) or let one of Rodriguez/Musacchio stick close as a spare.

If it was up to me i'd tweak it so that Bonaventura is much higher than Borini, and Musacchio would be more inside than Rodriguez, so he can keep close to help Bonucci, especially since Suso can take care of the right hand channel.

Worried about our midfield, though. I'm sure the idea is that we'll hold on to the ball for so long that we won't need to worry about covering, but if we have too many turnovers i'm not sure we can handle sustained pressure with those 5.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
i do think they'll start with rodriguez as the left cb and bona and calabria the two wingbacks barely ever bothering to defend.

we'll concede when we want

we'll concede when we want

we are milan, we'll concede when we want!

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Rodriguez has been useless as the wingback. Might as well do this role.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

It's been very disappointing how infrequent his overlaps have been, but his crosses haven't been that bad. Especially his drilled low crosses considering our players and we scored one or two goals because of them.

I'm still a big fan and think he will find his rhythm as our LWB, but one of his advantages is he can also play LCB and guess what, we don't have a backup to Romagnoli. Two in one.

Also, I guess knowing that he can play LCB from the start it pisses me off knowing the excuse Montella used for not playing 352 in preseason/start of season. Why not use Rodriguez?

Meez

Fly on Maldini's wall
Reaction score

I blame Montella for that. His idea was for Conti to push up the right and for RR to drop back into a pseudo 4man at times instead of moving up. Montella basically handicapped RR.

Now that Conti is out, it's the same with Abate, Calabria and Borini for the right. None of them are defensive capable, so again it falls to RR to drop back.

Montella is a shitty coach. Bugs the shit out of me seeing him on the bench.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seems like this is the team tonight:

I don't know, seems extremely unbalanced. AEK play with one up front also, so it will be interesting how we deal with him (just let Bonucci handle him alone, which has been a disaster with Icardi/Immobile) or let one of Rodriguez/Musacchio stick close as a spare.

If it was up to me i'd tweak it so that Bonaventura is much higher than Borini, and Musacchio would be more inside than Rodriguez, so he can keep close to help Bonucci, especially since Suso can take care of the right hand channel.

Worried about our midfield, though. I'm sure the idea is that we'll hold on to the ball for so long that we won't need to worry about covering, but if we have too many turnovers i'm not sure we can handle sustained pressure with those 5.

this cant be jack isnt lwb and he will never be we are playing 4 4 2

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
hopefully it's a 4-4-2

there shouldn't be an obligation to stick to one formation, switch it up every now and then.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
hopefully it's a 4-4-2

there shouldn't be an obligation to stick to one formation, switch it up every now and then.

I agree, 442 seems a much better fit, especially against a 433/4231 and seeing the players that seem likely to be starting. The fact that it's Calabria and not Borini makes it much more likely that it's a 442 also.

Would love to see Montella back to being the flexible coach he was at Fiorentina and losing the stubborn insistence on forcing a formation regardless of context.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
hopefully qarabag and apoel finish 3rd.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Matchday boiz

K2Y9PFt.gif

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Bonaventura has played on the wing as LM before

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don`t care about formation, don`t care about who starts.

Just press when you lose the fucking ball!

And give some service to the boys up front, not the bullshit bonucci long balls

actual useful balls. Tired of this shit week in week out...

And bonucci you pussy...show some heart!

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Match day! Forza Milan!

Schedule