Alessandro Costacurta Thread

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!
Congratulation!

I hope he will be Future Players in MILANERO!

Forza Milan

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
congratulation billy;)
very sweet baby
GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

Bambino D'oro

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Oddo, Diana, Gilardino, Toni, Volpi, Totti, De Rossi
auguri billy!!

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I am just getting on the books in Billy's thread with this post.

I enjoy how many younger Milan fans (especially in this forum) recognize that this man was one of the most solid defenders on the planet at a time when they were too young to watch football.

Believe me....there is a reason he is not only playing in the Serie A at 89 years of age, but for one of it's premier clubs. This man has seen many a battlefield in many lands. His true greatness will fully materialize when he does call it a day.
Even though I do expect a stellar performance from him when he enters a match nowadays, I still must admit that he amazes me with what he does with this Milan. The man truly bleeds not only Red.....but Black as well.

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
He' still more solid than most defenders in Serie A.

I'm not against age in football whatsoever. In fact footballers take care of themselves, and are taken care of better, than they have ever been and so I think people are going to have to accept a new trend of players being able to play longer and at a high level.

If you were a player that solely relied on pace and power then you're probably going to be past it earlier. Henry, forget it mate.

But Zola, Baggio, Bergkamp, Maldini, Costacurta could and can keep playing for as long as their eyesight is still good.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Agreed. However, these strikers that still play in Italy, England, and Spain after their 35th birthday....ah...Strike that...not only play, but start for one of the upper echelon sides in those leagues need recognition. Defenders will always have wits and further astute mental attributes, which can essentially guide them to good performances. I am not trying to say all athleticism is lost here, but what Baggio, Zola, and Bargkamp are doing and have done is really the marks of legendary European footballers. To produce as a 17-plus year veteran striker in these leagues is an accomplishment that these men have made materialize.

Once again, I will stop by Bergkamp praises as I still picture this man wearing Nerazzurro. :tongue:

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
DonippoRuiShevdini said:
Believe me....there is a reason he is not only playing in the Serie A at 89 years of age,...

89?!!! Billy must have a kick-ass platic surgeon!!! :D (Maybe both he and Martina are using the same guy?)

But seriously, Billy Costacurta is one of the all time great defenders and when called upon he still can play a game or two at almost the same level which is just incredible to watch...

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
I was amazed how he kept 90 minutes tight Ibrahimovic ..

Gilardino Jr

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko , Maldini ,Gilardino , Nesta , Karimi , Owen , Shearer ,
Costacurta is Alright defender know didnt know before though in 93 94 95 when he was playing i was only small then

Dil dil

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan players espacially Maldini-Inzaghi
From channel4.com:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footb...lia/nov11j.html

Quote:
Costacurta 'closes' Ancelotti era Friday 11 November, 2005

Alessandro Costacurta has launched a surprising broadside at his Milan Coach Carlo Ancelotti, claiming “he’s lost his charisma.”

Costacurta, who is in his last season at the San Siro after a glittering 20-year career with the Rossoneri, knows a thing or two about playing under big league Coaches, but his comments about Ancelotti will come as a surprise to many.

“After four or five years a Coach loses his charisma in the dressing-room,” he said. “The problem is not whether or not Ancelotti has lost his motivation but whether or not the players have.”

Billy has only played four games under Ancelotti this season, but it is difficult to tell whether or not his frustration has led to him questioning his Coach’s authority.

The veteran defender obviously believes every tactician has a shelf life and, although Ancelotti has been a good servant to the club, he feels that his has come to an end.

“The results of this season have shown the good work that the Coach has done,” added the 39-year-old. “But it is a physiological fact that after several years the side pays less attention to their Coach. The history of the club bears this out: look at Arrigo Sacchi and Fabio Capello, for example.”

Sacchi and Capello both enjoyed successful stints at the club of four and six years respectively before each returning for a final, less impressive season.

Costacurta lived through both regimes and is well-placed to give an inside opinion on the inner workings of the Milan giants, especially as he also played alongside former midfielder Ancelotti.

Ancelotti is in his fifth season at the club and is contracted to stay until 2007, after which he is expected to take over the national team.

President Silvio Berlusconi is already planning Carletto’s eventual successor and has expressed an interest in Holland boss and former Milan idol Marco Van Basten.

Although Van Basten himself has denied having any plans to come back to Italy, Costacurta hinted that he would be in favour of a return of his former teammate. “Marco is good at everything he does,” he said. “He is proving that with Holland.”

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
I think there is missinterpretation of what he said.. media like that.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I get the feeling the British media like to put words in people's mouths and this is probably no exception. Plus, I've read many interviews with Dida in the past and he seems to pop off only in the tabloid rags. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
BMWTaylor said:
I get the feeling the British media like to put words in people's mouths and this is probably no exception. Plus, I've read many interviews with Dida in the past and he seems to pop off only in the tabloid rags. :rolleyes:
Just because you consider it outside the realms of your imagination doesn't mean it's an evil Brit media fabrication. I read it on several Italian sites *first*.

Time for Billy to retire. And to take away the steroids from his wife, she starts looking like a man.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
*forza kaka* said:
does anybody think of billy as a legend?
ofcourse!!! he dedicated his career to milan and his heart is red and black! though his good days seem to be over he still has a strong position in the team-he helps newcomers and passes along his knowledge to young players.
:proud:

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
*forza kaka* said:
does anybody think of billy as a legend?

he is a live legend

Luis

You'll never drink alone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pelé, Shevchenko, Zamorano, Salas & Alexis Sánchez
My favorite player is Shevchenko, but my second has to be Costacurta, he is superb, i rate him even better than Maldini

ambro_forever

амброси&
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ambrosini maldini sheva kala billy albertini leonardo
peaboss said:
ofcourse!!! he dedicated his career to milan and his heart is red and black! though his good days seem to be over he still has a strong position in the team-he helps newcomers and passes along his knowledge to young players.
:proud:
i agree with you

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Luis said:
Costacurta, he is superb, i rate him even better than Maldini
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAng : wrong.

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
How old is she ?

killiegradge

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
Of course he is a legend.He still has much to offer both on and off the pitch.Does he contribute to any of the youth teams at the moment?Have the club offered him any position when he does hang up his boots?When was his last serie A goal?Did I not hear that it was something like 14 years ago?

Whilst the issue of Mrs C is somewhat irrellevant-she looks pretty good to me!

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Victoria_Cabello_e_Martina_Colombari_alla_presentazione_del_Calendario_16.jpg

And what the hell they`re doing here ? :conf:

Schedule