Giacomo Bonaventura Thread

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Quite simply the player with the best vision and understanding of game in our squad - and so has been the case since he joined us. A gem. I hope he stays fit and has a season that his talent merits.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Didn't watch the game, but the highlights look great.

I'm glad he's back and hungry. Jack is a good squad player, as long as you're not 100% dependent on him and have a replacement for when he's not on his day.

I'd like to see a formation with him, Suso and Paqueta at the same time against smaller teams.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
A bench player at best.

If Milan are ever to return to the glory days of the past Bonaventura must never be a starter.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
pointless shots from distance, shit passes, terrible at counters - it was usual complain about bona before injury. now he is good after last 25 minuets against serieC level team.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
pointless shots from distance, shit passes, terrible at counters - it was usual complain about bona before injury. now he is good after last 25 minuets against serieC level team.

exactly... Bona is a welcome addition to the squad, but not the player to take us to the next level.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
exactly... Bona is a welcome addition to the squad, but not the player to take us to the next level.

I don't think anyone in his right mind expects that. He can be a solid squad/bench player.

The problem with RnB forum is that you're either amazing or total shit. There's no middle))

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
back-up cm and am

could be useful again

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
I don't think anyone in his right mind expects that. He can be a solid squad/bench player.

The problem with RnB forum is that you're either amazing or total shit. There's no middle))

The problem is in most games before his injury Bonaventura was total shit. He had numerous rushes of blood to the head when he thought he could play like Modric but unfortunately his end product was that of a pub team player.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The problem is in most games before his injury Bonaventura was total shit. He had numerous rushes of blood to the head when he thought he could play like Modric but unfortunately his end product was that of a pub team player.

first season was good. but later seasons he started to hog the ball a lot and his passes became very bad. trying to give perfect ball meant he either lost or mispassed a lot. plus he was assigned to take a lot of shots(similar to hakan last year) most of which were bad. we also relied on him a lot because he was the only one who could hold/advance the ball while under pressure. last season he started well and he looked to have simple well defined role. i believe hakan suffered a lot because of his injury.

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
Jack is excellent rotation midfielder. He's not starting level if we want to be top club again though. I think backup CAM is perfect role for him.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If only he had a physique that could match his technique...

Still, he's the only attacker or midfielder we have that seems able to score.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Magnificent goal and not just because of his skill, but also proper combination by Theo, Krunic and him. I was quite pleased with our whole left flank yesterday.

Haters can suck it.

If only he had a physique that could match his technique...

Still, he's the only attacker or midfielder we have that seems able to score.

He's quite good at keeping the ball though, as opposed to Piatek for ex., who is much stronger but keeps falling at first contact.

And yes, he's our only midfielder who's capable of scoring. He was very near to finish an attack from a right flank cross (Rebic?) too, hadn't it been for the goalkeeper.

He's just got that instinct... and you really need midfielders to contribute. Been saying for a while that we're missing a player of his characteristic.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Theo-Krunic- Bona could actually be a very nice left side, Bona adds - apart from his attacking strength - the touch of experience and composure to the mix.

I really like how his vision has developed, he is doing much more with his passing now. His time in CM made him develop that quite a bit.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
his most important characteristic is he moves inside the box instead of waiting outside like hakan and suso. our strikers are always isolated because of that.

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
ESQY6do.gif

replay - https://i.imgur.com/EiSE9VC.gif

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
his most important characteristic is he moves inside the box instead of waiting outside like hakan and suso. our strikers are always isolated because of that.

agreed. but another important characteristic is that unlike hak or suso he is a gamer and shows up when it matters. we have very seldom game changers on this team and even fewer big game players. too bad we missed jack all last season, probably would have made up for the 1 point we missed out on CL.