Giacomo Bonaventura Thread

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Jack of all trades - master of ALL.

Love this guy. Would be gutting to lose him on a free-transfer.

Initially, I had genuine doubts about him, as I thought he'd return to the team in a Montolivo manner, but so far, he has proven me wrong.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
beautiful beautiful shot

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Losing him on free transfer would be the most stupid thing ever, this guy is loyal, love the milan color unlike idiots like hakan or piatek who dream to play elsewhere, and when he is in form and not injured we are always winning.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
What an asset. Still think he should’ve been made captain after the Bonucci debacle.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
What an asset. Still think he should’ve been made captain after the Bonucci debacle.

Was thinking the same, but it's risky to give it to such an injury prone player

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
uiZib3f.gif

replay - https://i.imgur.com/ozsfCJl.gifv

Brl54q9.gif

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
best player. underrated as fuck. Was sorely missed last season. If he played we would have been top 4.

he has flaws but he is skilful, has grit, tracks back and his work rate is impressive too.
Solid player. Quality.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
had an off game v atalanta but then again who didnt?

showing how important he is to the team but I am really getting sick of Pioli putting Hakan further towards goal than Jack.

1) Don't play Hakan at all, that is an improvement
2) If youre going to play Hakan put him at CM and jack at forward out wide so he can cut in and shoot and create more.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
best player. underrated as fuck. Was sorely missed last season. If he played we would have been top 4.

he has flaws but he is skilful, has grit, tracks back and his work rate is impressive too.
Solid player. Quality.

Lmao

Hes been here for 5-6 seasons

Not once have we made it into the top 4

Add him to the list of fodder m8

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We were a point off UCL last season

I am fairly certain if Jack was at disposal that year we would have had that 1 more damn point at least... do people need to be reminded that he has scored quite a few under Rino prior to his injury? He could have helped score here and there

I'm not his biggest fan, but he can be a v useful player despite his flaws

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
he can score but he isnt creative player
his work rate is average and he care less about dirty job each midfielder should do
bench option for working team, never offensive midfielder in team like milan.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
If this is his last season with us that will be an almighty positive going into next season.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Thanks for everything but man he has looked like garbage the last few games. Since he won't be here next year, I can't see any reason to play him.

When they want to play him deeper, play Krunic. If they want to play him further up, play Maldini.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
I've always been a defender of Bonaventura and he's been a good servant of the club during a very bad period.

He's clearly not capable anymore and there's no point playing him over any of the other subs.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Thanks for everything but man he has looked like garbage the last few games. Since he won't be here next year, I can't see any reason to play him.

When they want to play him deeper, play Krunic. If they want to play him further up, play Maldini.

:thumbsup:

Agreed with your points and other sub options. Classy dude overall and did very well here in his time for us

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Why?
What has Daniel Maldini done to earn that spot?

If they want a second striker instead of an attacking midfielder, then there's Rebic & Leao.

Never been a huge fan of Bona. Not even pre-injuries.
But he's the only remotely reliable goal scorer among our attacker-midfielder hybrids.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Why?
What has Daniel Maldini done to earn that spot?

If they want a second striker instead of an attacking midfielder, then there's Rebic & Leao.

Never been a huge fan of Bona. Not even pre-injuries.
But he's the only remotely reliable goal scorer among our attacker-midfielder hybrids.

He's consistently made our bench, so he has earned something.

What I know about Bonna is that he is the slowest player on the field whenever he plays, and he won't be with us in the future.

I already have Paqueta above Bonna. But if he needs a sub, I'd far rather give Maldini minutes instead of Bonna.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's consistently made our bench, so he has earned something.

What I know about Bonna is that he is the slowest player on the field whenever he plays, and he won't be with us in the future.

I already have Paqueta above Bonna. But if he needs a sub, I'd far rather give Maldini minutes instead of Bonna.

That doesn't say much. Mastour made it all the way to the bench as well, without even establishing himself in the Allievi Nazionali or Primavera.
It's not always meritocracy. At least not when it's a kid who's a Youtube star doing ads with Neymar, or a kid whose last name is Maldini.

Daniel's pre-season performances were less impressive than those of Valoti, Carmona and the rest of the average or below average Milan products.
His Milan Primavera plays in the 2nd division.

There's not just Bona and Paq.
I prefer Hakan as CAM, rather than on the wings.
Rebic and Leao are better support striker options than some 2nd division Primavera kid.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What we have to lose!!

I dont get why we wont keep him, im not talking about passion and that he served the club during his worst years and probably was one of main reasons we stayed midtable rather than fighting for relegation, he is the only experienced player left assuming that ibra and bilgia are leaving , and his salary is 1 million which is close to nothing in todays market, and he can be still be useful on the bemch as we saw in the last games he played, and it is not like we have 24 starters, we will still have alot of deadwood even after this mercato, that assuming we sign 4 - 5 players this summer.

So if you wont get money out of his sale, and you wont pay much for him staying, and you can benifet from experience and his skill even if he is not the old jack, and he doesnt complain being a bench warmer or perfomed a dollaruma when we needed him the most, then why of the hell we wont keep him for at least a year or 2, what we have to lose.

And i speak without emotions as i know many dont care about that now, though it does count for someone who still give his all even though his contract expires within 1 month and most likely it wont be renewed.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Yup...he's somehow recovered his form. I though injuries had fucked him up but he's playing really really well....

Would be great to have a player like this in the squad....good enough to start a few games but mostly a quality difference maker on the bench.

One of the few positives in the last 5-6 years.

It's him who wants to move on right? It'd be a shame to lose him....

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
well, milan page thanked jack so it looks like official, jack just played his last game for us.

I know i'm probably one of the few fans in this forum, who loves jack, but that because maybe he was our only sunshine in the dark period, and the only one who you would turn to, to give you thin of hope when everything went dark in the past dark period, maybe because he was always professional, and he give a damn, even when he knew that it was his last minutes in the field, and his contract was not going to be renewed, and he still give his all like he always does, maybe because he cared about these colors probably more than anyone who is still wearing the shirt right now, to be honest it heart broken me to see him cry after the match alone, with no crowd, and no one to tell him Grazia Jack, you will always be remembered.

and i think anyone who hates jack shouldn't consider himself a milan fan, i can understand some people want him to leave, you can agree to disagree, but to hate a player who give his all to milan and bleed for these colors, that is something i cannot understand, as a milan fan you should always be grateful for what he has done for us and tp wish him all the luck in his new adventure where ever it may be.

Grazia again Jack, your presence will be missed by true milan fans.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Was hoping we could keep him as a backup player from the bench. Thought he would have been perfect for depth.

Always a great team player. Seemed like a very likeable guy.

Thanks Jack