1/4 - Paraguay (0) vs. Spain (1) - July 3rd

Who will go through?

• Total voters

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
TAKE THAT, BITCH! HAHAHAHA! AND STOP WASTING TIME!

Omg look at those mother fuckers wearing bull costumes. "Yaaay we enjoy torturing animals and cheating on football, uhuuu".

The referee has the obligation of giving 5 minutes more.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Why am I concerned? Germany showed a lot more than them........ congratz with your last victory Spain :)

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
LOL! This last diving was CRAZY! And the referee swallowed it.

That's just disgusting.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Congratulations for Spain & its fans and Hard Luck to Paraguay & its fans

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good work Paraguay

volcanopele

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
El Shaarawy, Balotelli
Well, Spain wins. But great show Paraguay. Excellent defense. I'm with the US studio commentator, they should be proud of what they accomplished and to me, most importantly, with HOW they played.

I'm with Pedro, Spain looked too sluggish to give me any confidence that they could beat Germany. And with the way Spain plays, I really hope Germany, certainly the most exciting team left, go through to the final.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Spain has finally shaken the "We can't get past the WC Quarterfinal blues".

And once again my Rocky Sexy Cruz is a WC no show. :(

Damn, I hope Germany kicks Spain's no good diving, shrinking violet asses!!!

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Villa saves Spain after penalty drama Paraguay 0 - 1 Spain

Spain won 1-0 in an incredible match with Paraguay, as both sides missed penalties. Oscar Cardozo missed first, but then Xabi Alonso scored and missed after he was forced to retake it. With ten minutes to go David Villa then netted to seal a semi-final place.

MATCH SUMMARY
Man of the Match: Iker Casillas and Justo Villar - In a game devoid of much quality, both goalkeepers get an honourable mention.

They both saved penalties to keep their respective teams in the match and the last time that happened was back in 1930 in a match between Argentina and Mexico.

Paraguay verdict: Gerardo Martino's side quickly slipped into their usual routine of defending tenaciously and hitting on the counter-attack.

It worked a treat in the first-half but despite some slick interplay Paraguay were unable to capitalize on their early dominance.

La Albirroja paid the price in the second-half as holes appeared at the back and David Villa eventually found a way through.

Spain verdict: Vicente del Bosque's side simply didn't turn up for the first-half. They were slow, lethargic, well off the pace and didn't muster a single shot on target.

But with the coach's angry voice still ringing in their ears Spain rediscovered some of their fluid style after the break.

When Torres and Alonso were replaced by Fabregas and Pedro, La Roja began to create chances and took the one that mattered.

Could do better: Xabi Alonso - Striker Fernando Torres could easily have been handed his fifth straight 'could do better' award but just to spare him such ignominy we have handed it to Alonso, and with justification.

His much-vaunted passing was way off the mark and he also missed from the penalty spot. He was replaced by Pedro after 74 minutes.

Stat attack: Spain came into the 2010 World Cup having converted 14 of 14 penalties. They have missed two in this tournament.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
29_06_2010_18_08_23_229161827.jpg

:cry:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
strikers screwed paraguay

i was predicting an Uruguay paraguay final, well i will rather have an uruguay german final or mother of all rivalries german dutch final
I love ruud guliit he is awesome as an analyst :star:

ReMad

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
1655.png
vs1gp0e.gif
796.png

Paraguay vs Spain

WC 2010 Quarter Final 4 | 18:30 GMT | 03-July-2010

JSC SPORTS - Ara. Comm. - 1150 KBPS - 320*240 - flv

Goals

First Goal for Spain by Villa 83
Click Here for Video

Extras

Danger Shot by Xavi over the Goal 29
Click Here for Video

A Disallowed Goal for Paraguay for an Offside 40
Click Here for Video

Cassilas saves a PK by Cardozo 59
Click Here for Video

Alonso misses the PK 61
Click Here for Video

Highlights

First Half Highlights : Paraguay 0-0 Spain
Click Here for Video

Second Half Highlights : Paraguay 0-1 Spain
Click Here for Video

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Baggio, Pirlo
?????

Pretty baffled at the people in this thread who thinks the referee HELPED Spain. As a neutral, I was pretty appalled by a few things. No, not the disallowed goal from Paraguay. It was offside. The player who WAS offside drew Pique away. It's a textbook case of offside where the player NOT receiving the ball is the culprit for influencing the play. Any referee learns this their first day of instructed training.

But then the referee disallowed Alonso's penalty, even though there was MUCH more movement into the box on Cardozo's!! And by the rules, it probably should have been a red card, too. Last man, and he put his arm around Villa's neck. Certainly not shoulder to shoulder.....

Even worse, Villar then grabbed Fabregas' legs in the ensuing tangle in front of goal. Should have immediately been another penalty, and at least a yellow card.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you Spain :star:

Fuck off Paraguay you lucky bastards, 4 posts in 2 games, fuckers.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Cardozo and Santa Cruz are without a doubt better players...but for the NT it would have been wildly better if they had Cabañas...basically that's all Paraguay needed today a better striker. Well in fact had they scored that pk (good job best linesmen ever, Leonel Leal from Costa Rica :D), I don't think Spain would've been able to draw.

Eitherway hats off guarníes, that was a hell of a game today, and they even fought till the end (unlike say Portugal).

Last edited:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Poor Larissa... :cry:

volcanopele

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
El Shaarawy, Balotelli
Well, she can still streak naked to celebrate her team's implausible run to the quarterfinals... that was a great achievement after all.

Just saying. :tongue:

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
Paraguay's goal was wrongly disallowed :(

He was onside :(

Cardozo was offside and went for the ball, he effectively became active, had he not gone for it then Valdez would have put them ahead.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
I'm loving her areolas. :eek:

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic
Those aren't new...

Just sayin' >_>

Schedule