AC Milan's Financial Situation Thread

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
There is plenty of Italian Business man who is richer than Berlu want to purchase Milan, and if Milan sell the team to foreign investor most of the fan will cut down supporting Milan, this is why.

Plenty of Italian businessmen who are richer than Berlusconi are you kidding? I thought Berlusconi is the richest man in Italy. I'm pretty sure hes worth over 9 Billion

Athens2007

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Karima el Mahroug - Ruby
There is plenty of Italian Business man who is richer than Berlu want to purchase Milan, and if Milan sell the team to foreign investor most of the fan will cut down supporting Milan, this is why.

If I remember well the Forbes list, Berlu was the richest Italian (at least 2-3 years ago). Even if there is, it does not help becuase no interest in Milan.

Athens2007

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Karima el Mahroug - Ruby
Plenty of Italian businessmen who are richer than Berlusconi are you kidding? I thought Berlusconi is the richest man in Italy. I'm pretty sure hes worth over 9 Billion

Exactly, the figure used to be 11 bln. Now the difference of 2 bln was lost in crisis and spent on young brides, and certainly not on AC ;)

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score

If I remember well the Forbes list, Berlu was the richest Italian (at least 2-3 years ago). Even if there is, it does not help becuase no interest in Milan.

You are wrong, There are at least three Italian Businessmen who richer than Selvio Berlusconi.

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
You are wrong, There are at least three Italian Businessmen who richer than Selvio Berlusconi.

according to Forbes Berlusconi is the 3rd richest Italian. So there are two other people with more money than Berlusconi. And what makes you think they want to manage a football team

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
according to Forbes Berlusconi is the 3rd richest Italian. So there are two other people with more money than Berlusconi. And what makes you think they want to manage a football team

Because the 1st in Italy mentioned his interesting to buy the club.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ADRIANO GALLIANI: "No club shares, no staium, only one important sponsorship"

MILANELLO - The contract of Emirate's Jersey Sponsor, on the Rossoneri's shirt, will start on July 1, 2010, and will end on June 30, 2015. This is an important contract, worth €60 million plus more bonuses tied to the results: "It's a very important sponsorship," declared Adriano Galliani, "In a moment of contraction of the publicity market. Milan is tied by two great sponsors of world fame. Emirates, until June 30 2015, Adidas until June 30 2017. With Emirates we never spoke about the purchase of shares of Milan and never about the stadium. We have exclusively faced the work of this important sponsorship."

http://www.acmilan.com/InfoPage.aspx?id=116259

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score

MILANELLO - The contract of Emirate's Jersey Sponsor, on the Rossoneri's shirt, will start on July 1, 2010, and will end on June 30, 2015. This is an important contract, worth €60 million plus more bonuses tied to the results: "It's a very important sponsorship," declared Adriano Galliani, "In a moment of contraction of the publicity market. Milan is tied by two great sponsors of world fame. Emirates, until June 30 2015, Adidas until June 30 2017. With Emirates we never spoke about the purchase of shares of Milan and never about the stadium. We have exclusively faced the work of this important sponsorship."

Good news, now i feel safe, thanks dev1L :)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

aaah, another 7 years of crappy jerseys.

milanista1899

Solo Milan
Reaction score
Goal.com has an article on about how much money we made last reason..ac milan has made approximately around 196mln and dropped 3 places from the previous year..looks like it'll only keep declining...

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Goal.com has an article on about how much money we made last reason..ac milan has made approximately around 196mln and dropped 3 places from the previous year..looks like it'll only keep declining...

Deloitte Football League? That's mainly because we lost out on CL revenues last season - We should be back upto no.6/7 next year, with a similar revenue to Chelsea..

milanista1899

Solo Milan
Reaction score
I doubt cuz next year serie A teams will get equal money for tv deals..this is the lions share of our revenue..milan makes something close to 110mln on that..from next year we'll be getting lesser than this amount..

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I doubt cuz next year serie A teams will get equal money for tv deals..this is the lions share of our revenue..milan makes something close to 110mln on that..from next year we'll be getting lesser than this amount..

Good point. But 110 million? Seriously? That could drop to as much as 60-70 million I reckon when the pie is divided between 20 clubs (of course with a higher bid amount)..

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
12. (9.) Roma- €146.4m

Roma lost three places compared to last season and have dropped from the top ten. The Giallorossi had a disappointing season on the pitch finishing in sixth position in Serie A and were eliminated in the Champions League in the Round of 16. Roma's revenues dropped to €146.4, a decrease of seventeen percent.

10. (7.) AC Milan- €196.5m

Milan fall three places in the money league following a disappointing 2008-'09 season. The Rossoneri failed to qualify for Champions League football and entered the UEFA cup instead. This cost Milan €26 million in UEFA central broadcasting distributions. Commercial and matchday revenues increased, but not enough to make up for the aforementioned loss.

9. (10.) Internazionale- €196.5m

The Italian champions post a €23.6m (14%) increase in revenue to €196.5million. Internazionale have been the dominant force in the Serie A in the past couple of seasons, but still await Champions League glory. As with the other Italian clubs in the Money League, broadcasting provides the majority of the club’s revenue (59%).

8. (11.) Juventus- €203.2m

Juventus’ first Champions League campaign since 2005/06 helped drive a revenue increase of €35.7million (21%) to €203.2 million. The Turin side's matchday revenues remain the lowest of any Money League club. If the Old Lady is to increase revenue, they need to work on their attendances.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/755/eur...top-20-deloitte-money-football-league-in-full

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
12. (9.) Roma- €146.4m

Roma lost three places compared to last season and have dropped from the top ten. The Giallorossi had a disappointing season on the pitch finishing in sixth position in Serie A and were eliminated in the Champions League in the Round of 16. Roma's revenues dropped to €146.4, a decrease of seventeen percent.

10. (7.) AC Milan- €196.5m

Milan fall three places in the money league following a disappointing 2008-'09 season. The Rossoneri failed to qualify for Champions League football and entered the UEFA cup instead. This cost Milan €26 million in UEFA central broadcasting distributions. Commercial and matchday revenues increased, but not enough to make up for the aforementioned loss.

9. (10.) Internazionale- €196.5m

The Italian champions post a €23.6m (14%) increase in revenue to €196.5million. Internazionale have been the dominant force in the Serie A in the past couple of seasons, but still await Champions League glory. As with the other Italian clubs in the Money League, broadcasting provides the majority of the club’s revenue (59%).

8. (11.) Juventus- €203.2m

Juventus’ first Champions League campaign since 2005/06 helped drive a revenue increase of €35.7million (21%) to €203.2 million. The Turin side's matchday revenues remain the lowest of any Money League club. If the Old Lady is to increase revenue, they need to work on their attendances.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/755/eur...top-20-deloitte-money-football-league-in-full

The money real are making is unreal :head: ,we need a new stadium badly .

Reaction score
Can i just mention this is ONLY based on revenue and has nothing to do with profitability or debt. for example man u who are 3rd in this list pay over 50 million a year just in interest on their loans. since uncle festa seems to avoid debt at all costs we dont have this problem!

Also do you guys really want berlu gone? you have to be fair to the man, he took us and poured money in for 20 years, made us the greatest club (i say club not team because we are!) in the world and just because he has been tight for a few years you want him out. Milans philosophy is based around loyalty - i loved that we had costacurta/maldini till they couldnt run (the same cant be said for favalli etc) just to give them some pride, arsenal wont offer a player over 30 more than a 1 year deal. they forced Dennis Bergkamp possibly their greatest ever player out the game... is this better? i think its only right we show the same loyalty to Silvio.

you also need to understand Silvios situation, he has strong political priorities, during this 'recession/economic crisis' or whatever these city guys like to call it he has been hit hard and has had to make redundant tens/hundreds of thousands of employees from his various companies, yes this is business but he still held the post of president at the time and had to oversee the country surviving this. how would it look if he poured 100 mill into a football club whilst destroying these poeple lives.

Lastly the worst thing that could ever happen to us is one of these foreign billionaires comes in and buys the club. this is nonsense and we should not hope for this more like fear it. This club is built on tradition and Love and is the only club that is a real family, that is why we are special, i wouldnt want someone coming in who see us as a a hobby or somethin he can impress his friends with. United are being destroyed and may have to sell their stadium/ Chelsea and City are in major debt and should their owners pull out the club would be bankrupt. Liverpool are selling players to pay off debts so that their owners can sell with a clean financial statement and make more money, please tell me a club that a foreign investor has worked for?????

The guy has been here for 23 years. and we have had massive success. no one else, Foreign or Italian can or will do what he has previously done for us. He is the most successful president in whole of football!!! times are difficult now and he has been more reluctant to spend, soon enough he will get the piggy bank out and send uncle festa back to brazil :)

Last edited:

milanista1899

Solo Milan
Reaction score
Real's money is not just down to stadium..its because they signed the biggest tv deal in football..something like 600mln in 4years..i think this is the only useful thing calderon did apart from layin the ground works for kaka and cr9..

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can i just mention this is ONLY based on revenue and has nothing to do with profitability or debt.

of course

The Deloitte review does not include the cost of transfer fees or player wages, or VAT and other sales taxes, and concentrates solely on day-to-day income from football business.

Income includes money from ticket sales, sponsorship, merchandising and other commercial revenues, television monies, corporate hospitality, and non-match day stadium use such as for conferences.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
400 million is too much given they got their arse tonked by pool and barca last year.
they will be no 1 in money making no matter what.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
These were revenues without including player transfers.

So we had revenue of 196 million ( up from 167 the previous year ) and another 80 with Kaka/Georcuff sales not included. Our wages also went down by around 25 million this year. So we should have a pretty good profit.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
MILAN is doing good !!

Well, these numbers are just REVENUE but not the PROFIT. Look @ Manure, they are struggling to cover their debt service in spite of a super healthy REVENUE.

That mean they are heavily leveraged. They are issuing BONDs with an YIELD of around 9%, which borderly falls in the range of HIGH RISK to JUNK category for that high yield rate.

So, there are 3 kinda lies:

LIES
DAMN LIES
STATISTICS

Spin anything with STATISTIC and you can portray the picture with any color. I don't know in details but Real Medra are also heavily leveraged inspite of their high REVENUE stream.

They borrowed huge amount of DEBT from BANK to buy the stars but created a good deal with the TV sponsorship even without winning anything on the pitch.

You all these will not stay forever unless they start winning.

Only one thing against MILAN, they had unprecedented success in CL but didn't market that aggressively to claim the fame which comes with it.

In terms maintaining the books, that is one of the things that you have to give kudos to MILAN and GALLIANI.

A couple of years ago, a group of 30 students from STANFORD MBA program (majoring in sports & entertainment industry) went to MILAN for a week for a special course on how to run an international soccer club.

In terms of foreign owners buying the club, if they are really not into the club, the results can be detremental. Look at Man U., the owner's family (GLAZER family) made out a heavty check out of the transaction while structuring deal by heavily leveraging the DEBT to EQUITY ratio. And hence, Manure's financial problem.

Thus, I am happy that BERLU loves the club and had been the owner of the club for past 23 years.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can someone please please explain to me how teams like Celtic can probably spend more money on players than us? I don't get all these terrible free transfers at all

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
TBH Those club valuations are more bullshit than anything. Milan and Barca, who are 6th and 7th respectively, would get sold for a hell of a lot more than most clubs above us.

Also, shows how stupid they are when Kaka is still listed as playing for us.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
TBH Those club valuations are more bullshit than anything. Milan and Barca, who are 6th and 7th respectively, would get sold for a hell of a lot more than most clubs above us.

Also, shows how stupid they are when Kaka is still listed as playing for us.

look at the date

I also doubt AC Milan would be sold for more than any of english big 4, because of lack of profitability of Serie A

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I doubt that, I believe that Milan would be sold for more than Liverpool, Chelsea and possibly Arsenal. Manutd are of similar stature but have more marketability, while Arsenal are owned by a lot of share-holders instead of just one major one.

Also, if you're asking me to look at the date, then why are those valuations to be trusted? maybe they are also that out of date.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
based on what? lol. If you're a businessman looking to buy a business you pay more for the more profitable one.

Liverpool...arsenal. More profitable than Milan. Sad fact of life.

andyhello23

Banned
Reaction score
But people the epl teams get alot more than us, even something like 10th or something in epl gets as much money as champions league winners or something stup1d like that isn't it.