Cristian Zapata Thread

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:eek: they are extinct

dream signings/time machine thread

Could also be the more composed, smart-braining type of marker. There's not really a Costacurta in this generation though, is there?

I hate modern defenders.

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
I think this year our starting Cb pair will be : Nesta-Thiago silva (even if Mexes will get a lot of play time) . Next year , it will probably be Mexes-Thiago silva (with astori as the no3 and maybe yepes as 4) . Zapata is good but i really prefer Mexes .Yeah zapata is better than astori but again , for the no3 spot astori will do the job .

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
A more aggressive defensive counterpart to pair up with silva ? Yeah i totally agree and thats pretty much with we got with Mexes !

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
I think someone more aggressive and dominant would bring out the best in Silva and give Milan's backline the best balance. Ideally, that player would also be a leader/organiser.

Stam. :tongue:

Havent you seen enough of Silva this season to convince you that he is on his way to becoming that?

For me Zapata is the ideal partner for Silva. Silva, as we have seen, is a thinker. He anticipates his opponents moves five steps ahead, hence why he is in the right position at the right moment almost all the time. Yes, Silva can also be the marauding CB ala Lucio if he wants to but it would be better for Milan if he is the more sensible type and is a leader at the back (especially if he is to be our future Il Capitano :cool:). Zapata on the other hand, we can afford him to be more of the impusive type. And I dont mean the crazy stupid Mexes type impulsive, but more the more adventurous type of impulsive who occasionally helps the attack while Silva holds the fort at the back (cauz let's face it, he is the ONLY one we can trust to do that). That doesnt mean that Zapata would be solely the attacking type CB, he would still need to do his defensive duties (and that too admirably), but it also means he will not be completely restricted to it.

I feel Silva can take over Nesta's role imo. He is the best positioned and suited to do so (considering he is the apprentice of both Nesta and Maldini) and also as he would be the senior-most member of our defense after Abbiati. Plus if some may have noticed, he is already on his way to become what Nesta was/is for Milan albeit with a different approach.

Zapata on the other hand can be the new Silva. That isnt meant to say that Silva should change how he approaches his game, definitely not. But he is also better equipped to handle pressure situations which makes him more suited to take the backseat in the partnership. Zapata would be the new Silva in the sense that he would be the rookie of the duo, and would be less burdened with defensive responsibilites and arranging the defense...

So I dont see why we need a new Nesta to partner Silva when we already have him :cool:

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Because next season Nesta (retire), Yepes and Zambrotta leave... Zapata comes now and learn more from his fellow man Yepes and From Silva, Nesta and Mexes... WE WILL DOMINATE !!!

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Adz77: Zapata: Played 35 games, 2 goals from 4 shots, won 62 of 73 tackles (84.9%), completed 952 of 1128 passes (84.4) made 29 fouls (6YC 0R)

TheCalcioItalia: Udinese's Zapata: "I am very close to Liverpool. I have gained experience, but the time has come to make the jump to a big team." #fb

Adz77: Zapata: Quick, aggressive, with good anticipation, tactically intelligent & able to play at rb as well as centrally. Interesting that (cont)

RollingPapers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Prince, Gattuso, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Abate, Seedorf, Van Bommel
Looks like his joining Liverpool :(

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Javier Matilla has been loaned out to Betis for the season from Villarreal so he wont be part of their offer for Zapata which was probably bullshit anyways. Liverpool however might still be interested but i think he should stay another year at Udinese and then join us for further glory.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Shocked jube or inter don't hijack this deal. Proven young quality serie a defender for cheap

Infact id love him year though its unlikely....

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zapata heading for Spain
Colombian shuns Liverpool interest

Cristian Zapata has shunned Liverpool's interest and agreed a deal with Villarreal.

Liverpool made a move for the Udinese central defender last month, but Villarreal were always at the head of the queue which also included Bayern Munich.

And now, after talks with his agent, Villarreal have come to agreement with the Colombian.

The 24-year-old has agreed a five-year deal and will officially put pen to paper after the Copa America.

"They were the first club to show an interest in him," his agent Jerome Barbadillo said when asked why he opted for Villarreal.

"He is very happy, but is now focused on the Copa America - but he is aware of everything."

The deal is understood to be worth €7milllion and they are also reported to have offered them one of Jozy Altidore or Marco Ruben.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_7023732,00.html

If true then Udinese are getting ripped off :fp:

MilanReality

Milan Icon
Reaction score
he's off to Villareal folks.
Ya heard it here... and from Forever... and other places...

and just dumb.

Baresiuno

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Great news. :thumbsup:
Now we can stay clear of the silly hype of this mediocre/decent/not Milan-quality player. :dance:
Spanish mid-table team is the best place for him.

And perhaps Villareal are selling Musacchio to Milan now...

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Great news. :thumbsup:
Now we can stay clear of the silly hype of this mediocre/decent/not Milan-quality player. :dance:
Spanish mid-table team is the best place for him.

And perhaps Villareal are selling Musacchio now...

I like Mussachio but Zapata is better than him right now. Of course theres a 4 year age gap and im backing Mussachio to become as good if not better.

Btw, Villarreal isnt mid-table, they were EL semi finalists last season and CL hopefuls this season. A good young side as well. Top 7 side at least :o

Udinese will regret this.

Last edited:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Udinese budget is like 20% that of Juventus. I don't know what people expect from them. The only reason they're not relegation material is because they sell and buy smart, they buy players for few bucks and sell them as soon as players hit max market value. So they can run on a budget way above their support/marketing/attendance.

Now they need to sell their stars, search for cheaper players and pray they become as good as the current players. UCL can change little.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Udinese budget is like 20% that of Juventus. I don't know what people expect from them. The only reason they're not relegation material is because they sell and buy smart, they buy players for few bucks and sell them as soon as players hit max market value. So they can run on a budget way above their support/marketing/attendance.

Now they need to sell their stars, search for cheaper players and pray they become as good as the current players. UCL can change little.

budget is more like 1/6- 1/8

i mean if you want to rank the serie A clubs in terms of fanbase and how much they make (without sales) udinese is probably in bottom 5-6

Baresiuno

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Some clubs (like Udinese) just cannot afford a top club budget. Udinese gonna sell Sanchez this summer. Next summer they gonna sell their next star. Hey, even Tottenham cannot afford top club budget and they make alot more money than Udinese.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
serie-a-player-salary-list.jpg

italy-serie-a-player-salaries.jpg

They are a VERY small club. That's why it was so special they reached top 4.

Reaction score
serie-a-player-salary-list.jpg

italy-serie-a-player-salaries.jpg

They are a VERY small club. That's why it was so special they reached top 4.

wow that is impressive to see how much more Amauri makes compared to the likes of Sanchez, Pastore, Ilicic, Inler, etc. You get the appreciation why some footballer force transfers for wages, if a player like Amauri can make 8 times the salary in a club like Juve compared to if he was playing for Udinese or Palermo, who wouldnt want that move...

Baresiuno

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The Milan salaries have been just insane. :fp:

Milan median salary roughly around 2.5 millions. That is more than the best paid player in most other teams. Jankulovski making roughly 450 % more than Sanchez, and 6 times Pastore's salary. :lol:
Why are players not begging to join Milan??

Last edited:

diavoli7

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Pirlo Cafu Ambrosini Nesta Gattuso Kaka Silva Pato Rivaldo Essien
and milan's salaries are laughable compared to real/barca/manure/city also, football is so unbalanced. if udinese manage ot somehow make it through the group stage of the cl it will be a historic achievement, with a wage bill 1/5th that of the smallest competition. barca's salaries are around 11 times as much iirc not taking into account the effect of favourable taxes in spain :S

edit: it's quite surprising how hard teams like palermo etc make it for others to prise away their stars when the player's salary can easily be increased by a factor of 600% when leaving, no wonder players aren't that loyal anymore lol

Last edited:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Bonera earns 2 ME a season :lol::fp: