Mario Balotelli Thread

Selling Balotelli

• Total voters

sanzen

Banned
Reaction score
so you're referring to camorenesi/deco types right?

Cause if that's case I more or less agree. It has nothing to do with ethnic background of color. But where you're raised. Ozil/Khedira/boateng- german. Balotelli- italian. Camorenesi/ledesma- ARGENTINA

i disagree. it is whatever nation the player feels most attached to.

frankf31

Forza Mailand!
Reaction score
I say, who the fuck cares, it's just a sport. If a player wants to play for Italy and feels Italian, good for him. He can help the team, and he wants to, so why not.

Italy didn't even exist as a state until very recently in history and I'm sick of all this fascist forza Italia bullshit, and it's even dumber when applied to sports. Politicians (like Berlusconi) capitalize on the ignorance of the masses by making them feel special with "forza Italia!" political messages and then wonder why the masses hate foreigners.

Keep that political shit away from football plz! Let's just enjoy the game and let the good players play!

sanzen

Banned
Reaction score
I say, who the fuck cares, it's just a sport. If a player wants to play for Italy and feels Italian, good for him. He can help the team, and he wants to, so why not.

Italy didn't even exist as a state until very recently in history and I'm sick of all this fascist forza Italia bullshit, and it's even dumber when applied to sports. Politicians (like Berlusconi) capitalize on the ignorance of the masses by making them feel special with "forza Italia!" political messages and then wonder why the masses hate foreigners.

Keep that political shit away from football plz! Let's just enjoy the game and let the good players play!

i couldnt agree more. its a sport. it holds no real importance. it is supposed to be for fun and entertainment. people take it way too seriously.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Thursday 18 November, 2010 Balotelli: 'Racists were mainly stupid'

Mario Balotelli has urged everyone to fight racism and pointed out the actions of the ‘fans’ in Austria was “more stupidity than anything else.”

The Italy striker was booed repeatedly during the 1-1 friendly against Romania and banners were held up that read: ‘Italy for the Italians’ and ‘No to a multi-ethnic Italy.’

“I can’t do anything on my own. Everyone has to do something to fight racism,” said the Manchester City star on Sky Sport Italia.

“I was very disappointed last night, but I have to confirm that I cannot change these people. Brescia is my city now and I live there happily, but it is also a difficult place to live. When I was a little boy, many other children attacked me for the colour of my skin.

“What we saw yesterday was racism, but also the stupidity of only a few people. I am certain that if I met one of these lads on their own, they’d ask for my autograph.

“This is also why I prefer to stay quiet and not respond, this time. Maybe they just travelled all the way to Austria because they didn't have a television.”

When asked if he ought to walk off the field amid racist chants, Balotelli thought it counter-productive.

“It would be really too much for a dozen stupid people. Besides, it was my second game with the Nazionale.

There is less of this in English stadiums, perhaps because their laws are far stricter.”

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I guess Americans just think differently than the rest of the world on this topic. I can't imagine anyone saying that here.

Im a bit confused ,im not sure what does that have to do with anything i said?

so you're referring to camorenesi/deco types right?

Cause if that's case I more or less agree. It has nothing to do with ethnic background of color. But where you're raised. Ozil/Khedira/boateng- german. Balotelli- italian. Camorenesi/ledesma- ARGENTINA

Spot on.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

If everyone went by this mentality ,there wouldn't be any point to National competitions now would it?

Really dumb post there mate.

frankf31

Forza Mailand!
Reaction score
If everyone went by this mentality ,there wouldn't be any point to National competitions now would it?

And...how does this make what I said dumb? Do you have problems with reading comprehension?

The point IS that I don't think there should be anything more to national competitions than there is for club competitions. It's a fucking sport. Cheer on your country the same way you cheer on any sports team. The point is that sports should not be used to espouse fascist political views.

If I am dumb for saying that then I don't want to be smart.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
And...how does this make what I said dumb? Do you have problems with reading comprehension?

The point IS that I don't think there should be anything more to national competitions than there is for club competitions. It's a fucking sport. Cheer on your country the same way you cheer on any sports team. The point is that sports should not be used to espouse fascist political views.

If I am dumb for saying that then I don't want to be smart.

you missed his point, nothing to do with ethnicity or race. Zlatan is swedish, its where he was born and raised. Camorenesi (for ex.) is not italian. Being nationalized on your 27th bday cause you've played there for 5 years doesn't make you italian.

It has nothing to do with balotelli being black.

frankf31

Forza Mailand!
Reaction score
you missed his point, nothing to do with ethnicity or race. Zlatan is swedish, its where he was born and raised. Camorenesi (for ex.) is not italian. Being nationalized on your 27th bday cause you've played there for 5 years doesn't make you italian.

I didn't miss his point. I'm just saying I don't think this should matter. Who cares what being "italian" means, fuck nationalism. I cheer for Italy as a sports team and if an awesome oriundi wants to play for Italy then I don't give a damn whether arrogant Italians consider him brethren or not as long as he will help the team.

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Baggio, Pirlo
I didn't miss his point. I'm just saying I don't think this should matter. Who cares what being "italian" means, fuck nationalism. I cheer for Italy as a sports team and if an awesome oriundi wants to play for Italy then I don't give a damn whether arrogant Italians consider him brethren or not as long as he will help the team.

The nature of international football is lost on you :head:

Anyway, I agree with the sentiment that BALOTELLI = ITALIAN
CAMORANESI = ARGENTINE
BOATENG = GERMAN
ROSSI = AMERICAN

frankf31

Forza Mailand!
Reaction score
It's not lost on me; I just think it is stupid. I'm not speaking for anyone other than myself. I know how most people feel about international football, my whole family is Italian and feels differently than me.

I just view it as a sport, for fun. Who cares where the people were born.

Last edited:

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nationalism/ultranationalism and national pride are separate issues.

In the context of football, the expression of national pride is a bit of harmless, irrational fun - something that makes games more interesting. Nationalism, on the other hand, is a political stance and therefore has no place in football, regardless of whether or not you agree with its ideas.

People who can't make that distinction are fuckwits.

Last edited:

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
The nature of international football is lost on you :head:

Anyway, I agree with the sentiment that BALOTELLI = ITALIAN
CAMORANESI = ARGENTINE
BOATENG = GERMAN
ROSSI = AMERICAN

Rossi I consider Italian, he was raised in a strongly Italian household and lived in Italy since he was 13. If he considers himself Italian then I think he is Italian.

I am supportive of oriundi, most of my family is Italian and I will likely become a dual citizen soon, and honestly if I was talented enough I would likely prefer to play for Italy if I could.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Nationalism/ultranationalism and national pride are separate issues.

In the context of football, the expression of national pride is a bit of harmless, irrational fun - something that makes games more interesting. Nationalism, on the other hand, is a political stance and therefore has no place in football, regardless of whether or not you agree with its ideas.

People who can't make that distinction are fuckwits.

+1

Well said Calum. :star:

----------------------------------

Why is it so important for people to label their self and others with nationalities? I'm born in a country and raised in another, but I don't go around calling myself this or that, just doesn't feel important to me to belong to a certain group. It may sound (very) cheesy but I like to call myself a citizen of the world.

Don't want to turn this into a political discussion, but IMO nationalism and patriotism when it's exaggerated only brings conflicts.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Really dumb post there mate.
+1. For the most part, I agree w/ you on your other posts regarding this

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
rumour going around saying Barbara Berlusconi wants to get balotelli as a gift for the milan fans

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
rumour going around saying Barbara Berlusconi wants to get balotelli as a gift for the milan fans

my second wish.. after balotelli gim me a one night stand pls

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
my second wish.. after balotelli gim me a one night stand pls

one night stand only :conf:, shes hot loaded and possibly the future president of milan :D

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
"Balotelli change mentality" Mancini: "Mario has to think to play"

City, Mancini stick his attacker: "You must think to play, because he can score in every game if it focuses on what he does"

Roberto Mancini wand Mario Balotelli. The coach asks the former City striker 'a change of mentality', which is necessary to create the right impact on the Premier League. "Mario has only to think about play - is the suggestion of coach - if he does it is capable of scoring in every game. " Balotelli last Sunday will serve one-match ban after sent off with the West Bromwich stop that cost him one of three shifts.

"He can not afford to talk with the referees - Mancini things worse - must concetrarsi only on the field, where it can make a difference. " The former Inter coach would be annoyed even for the player's statements about a possible move to Milan as early as January.

To make matters worse even dinner in Milan with Adriano Galliani after the Rossoneri won the derby. "That's a restaurant frequented by a lot of players and officials - try to minimize Mancini - it is normal that Balotelli may have met Galliani. But it must begin to play here before thinking of leaving. Mario has a five-year contract and has so far played only four games. "

Very TRUE

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
+1

Well said Calum. :star:

----------------------------------

Why is it so important for people to label their self and others with nationalities? I'm born in a country and raised in another, but I don't go around calling myself this or that, just doesn't feel important to me to belong to a certain group. It may sound (very) cheesy but I like to call myself a citizen of the world.

Don't want to turn this into a political discussion, but IMO nationalism and patriotism when it's exaggerated only brings conflicts.

Amen.:star::star::star:

bliz

Reaction score
We're all with Balotelli
Vote: captain for a night?

Even a simple gesture can conquer racism. Here's what Gazzetta suggests: let's give the football superstar the captain's armband for the Germany-Italy friendly due to be played in February 2011 in Dortmund.

MILAN, 19 November 2010 - Gazzetta has thought up a way to fight racism. The idea is to give Mario Balotelli the captain's armband for a night when Italy take on Germany for a friendly on 19 February 2011 in Dortmund. Yes, that's what we said, make Mario captain for a night.

Supermario for captain — On Wednesday night in Klagenfurt, Prandelli was about to go out on the pitch to embrace Balotelli booed by racist chants. The Italian team will do it the next time it happens as you can only fight hate with strong gestures. We have another one too: Mario captain for a night in February's friendly against Germany. So there are no black Italians? Yes there are, and they represent us. Balotelli is one of us. In these cases it is usual to say, "let's not make an issue of it" but this time, let's make it an issue. Football stadium racists, have a look here at the shameful insults you chanted at Klagenfurt. "There are no Italian Negroes", "Italians only in Italy", We don't want a multi-ethnic Italy". Proud of yourselves? We're repeating them because we know there's no danger of them spreading, as the majority of Italians actually accept the multi-ethnic country that these extreme nationalists refuse. We accept them because we're used to seeing at school, in offices, in factories, in bars, children or workers who might have been born elsewhere and maybe have different colour or shape of eyes, but who are living the same life we do, in the same Italy we share. They help us, we help them, just like a team. Reading those chants again just rankles you even more. The national squad, being a mixing pot of people from different places, is in itself a message of integration. It's just a shame that it's followed abroad by the fanatics championing a warped kind of xenophobic nationalism. Ivan the Serbian and his friends who burned Albanian flags in Marassi were labelled "animals"; well, we've got our share too. Why can't we just drown them out en masse in a sea of Italian families travelling to away games? Why is it that every time Holland and Ireland play away, they are followed by hordes of fun-loving orange and green supporters sporting wigs and horns, whilst all we export are extremists? Can't the Italian Football Federation do something to encourage normal fans to travel with their team, fans who can drown out in applause or regular football chants the racist insults and jeers? Thank goodness that indignation over this kind of incident is gradually rising. On Wednesday, Prandelli was about to go out on the pitch to embrace Balotelli who was being made the target of a hate campaign. His exasperate team mates will do it the next time he is booed. They've already agreed. It's time for commitment and strong symbols. We have another one too: Balotelli captain on 9 February in Dortmund, against Germany. This would prove that not only are there black Italians, but they represent us too. The first black captain. Balotelli is one of us: a very strong message for just one night, then he can hand it back to who really deserves to have it. Mario was born in Italy, but he had to wait 18 years for a document proving his nationality: that armband will be fine on him.
i think it would be really awesome to see Balo as a captain. if it happens, then that's a great gesture by Prandelli.

Bunnee

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Yeah, rumors are getting pretty strong as she wants to gain some confidence from the fans. Afterall she wanted her father to sell Milan.
And it's not her money. She controls Silvios billions

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Yeah, rumors are getting pretty strong as she wants to gain some confidence from the fans. Afterall she wanted her father to sell Milan.

false

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Milan problems with money is over.

Is all fly emirates money.. thats why they have their name on our shirt.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

You're confusing Marina with Barbara

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
The FIGC is all for having Mario as captain, but they said its up to Prandelli. :star:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Zlatan answered Balotelli (who said that he wants to play with Ibra someday) by saying: If Balotelli wants to play with me, he has to call Galliani. :D :D

On another note

With all the racist stuff going on with Balo, he shows a great character. Being a target for racial abuse is really a tough thing. It's really no joke.

Forza Balo, I wish you all the luck wherever you play ( I KNOW he'll play for us one day :D).

Hope these ******** racists decides to join us in the year of 2010. Fucking loosers. If you're a racist and reading this, go fuck you mother.

Schedule