The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Take this rumor with a grain of salt, but that Louis Girardi is saying Maldini wants to remain and that he'll be meeting with Gazidis soon. Apparently Maldini wants Spalletti as the next coach.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wtf are they talking about reopening sports in may and loosening the lockdown when they're the hardest hit country in the world with way too many daily deaths ??

I find this highly unrealistic.

Italy's new cases started dropping last week. Right now they have around 4k/day compared to last few weeks. If they continue dropping they may have close to non new cases per day in mid-May.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Italy's new cases started dropping last week. Right now they have around 4k/day compared to last few weeks. If they continue dropping they may have close to non new cases per day in mid-May.

Luckily it's slowing down but they're still high up there. If they loosen the lockdown too soon, they'll get right back into this mess.

They need to stamp this out first so that it won't spread too easily and endanger risk groups again. Then they need to ensure that they're prepared for a potential future outbreak.

If we stark normalizing too soon, then all the work done so far was for nothing. Economic damage, lives of doctors endangered, people that have died so far - all for nothing.

I miss football but you have to put things into perspective here.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Would you guys prefer Spaletti or Rangnick?

Rangnick...

i love Maldini, like most Milan fans, he is Milan...and i think he's doing great job...some of those signings he's made can & will be pillars we build on...though everytime a legend takes a Job at the club especially in these chaotic time, i'm ready for the break up...it's just impossible to stay long.

why Rangnick?...in my conception of how a club should be organized (sporting dept), i never found efficient the current structure of most clubs where there is a sporting director buying the players while the coach is the one that has to "fit" them in his puzzle.
but it's the norm, so we just take as is. sometime it works, but i still find it backwards.

i know in theory they are a unit and supposed to work together, but it's rarely the case. i'm sure out of 5 signings, 1 or 2 are request of the coach and the others are players the sporting director feel are right.
rare are occasions, that they're even 75% on the same page.

so i find the Role Rangnick is said to be up for much more effecient ... he gets his own players ... and i'm up for new things, i really want to see some new methods, modern methods that he is said to have. some innovation

of course for both structures it will require time to build ... which is our main problem... and as long as we keep re-starting every year...it doesn't matter what model we roll out

my opinion

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Tantalis man you got a great spirit and attitude man.
I wish I could be more like you and Pingu

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
take this rumor with a grain of salt, but that louis girardi is saying maldini wants to remain and that he'll be meeting with gazidis soon. Apparently maldini wants spalletti as the next coach.

i fucking wish

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
Would you guys prefer Spaletti or Rangnick?

Definitely Spalletti. He'd continue with the youth + experience philosophy that Maldini has, and he's proven to be able to consistency deliver champions league qualification. although that doesn't guarantee that Milan will qualify next year, just that I think he has a better shot of delivering it within the next 1-2 years than Rangnick.

Who would you prefer?

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Luckily it's slowing down but they're still high up there. If they loosen the lockdown too soon, they'll get right back into this mess.

They need to stamp this out first so that it won't spread too easily and endanger risk groups again. Then they need to ensure that they're prepared for a potential future outbreak.

If we stark normalizing too soon, then all the work done so far was for nothing. Economic damage, lives of doctors endangered, people that have died so far - all for nothing.

I miss football but you have to put things into perspective here.

Yes, there are many factors to take into account, but it is definitely a possibility to resume the league in mid-May. There are 40+ days until then. Also, they can resume the league behind closed doors for 3-4 rounds to give themselves additional 2 weeks of no big crowds.

UEFA said that they may not allow teams that received their CL/EL spots through league call off to participate...

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Sheva on Milan Twitter:

“Red and black, these colours will always be in my heart,” he told the official Milan Twitter account.

“They are the colours of the club that gave me so much, one which made me a Champions League winner and helped me achieve everything in football. Milan had been following me for two years before the transfer and Italian football’s popularity at the time was simply huge, especially with teams like Juventus, Milan, Roma and Napoli, teams that stood out during that period and had the best players. I was 22 years old and ready for the next step in my career, to test myself in the toughest league and play against the best teams in the world.”

“It wasn’t easy for me to adapt at the beginning. The coach at the time, Alberto Zaccheroni, had a huge role in my good start for the club. He was a smart man and a very good coach, who introduced me gradually, so I wasn’t always in the starting XI, but I did feature and gradually built up confidence.”

Sheva truly made his mark during the epic 4-4 draw with Lazio, where he scored a hat-trick at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome.

“I felt great and became Capocannoniere in my debut campaign. Of course, I was happy, but wanted to win something with the team. The second season was very difficult for us, because there was a change of coach. Despite this, I had a great campaign and scored 24 goals, but we didn’t win anything.”

“The year we won the Scudetto in 2003-04, it was between Juventus, Milan and Roma. Midway through the season, we were seven or eight points behind Roma, so the win in Rome was very important and we closed the gap to one point in the space of a month. Winning the Scudetto at San Siro against Roma, the main contenders, was a simply unforgettable day. I remember how special it was to see Milan fans in the stadium celebrating this great team. It was definitely one of the best moments of my football career.”

That triumph, along with the Champions League in 2003, also helped Shevchenko to lift the Ballon d’Or in 2004.

“It was very emotional, especially when it was handed to me at San Siro at the next home game, in front of the Milan fans. Seeing all those people was unforgettable. Milan is my second home, so my eight years I spent there brought me closer to the Italian people. I’ll remember Italy for what I won and achieved, but above all for my relationship with the Italian people and fans, especially those of Milan.”

Kaka on FIFA's Instagram Q&A:

The Brazilian spoke to FIFA’s official Instagram in a Q&A session with fans, looking back over his remarkable time in football.

When asked for his favourite moment, ‘Ricky’ struggled to narrow it down, but did know the shirt he was wearing.

“I don’t have a single moment, but most of the best moments in my career were at Milan: the Champions League trophy in 2007, the Club World Cup, the Ballon d’Or and the FIFA Player of the Year Award.”

However, the worst moment of his career was also when representing the Rossoneri.

“Istanbul in 2005. I need say no more than that.”

Milan had been leading that Champions League Final 3-0 before conceding three Liverpool goals in six minutes, eventually losing on penalties.

“I played alongside some real phenomenal figures in my career, but Ronaldo was the best. After that, I’d say Ronaldinho, who I was able to face many times both with Milan and Real Madrid.”

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
:o
1849243_shevchenko_chelsea_v.jpg

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Please explain to the forum what I have cherry picked

Why would I put in any effort when you never made an effort trying to actually understand what I said and what the context is.

You are a waste of time.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Right so not only are you full of shit but you are also lying.
I didn't cherry pick shit.

The quote will preserve your stupidity for Daniel Maldini's future kids (if he can still have) to log in and read how the virus that infected his dad and grandfather and killed so many in Italy was barely dangerous :proud:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Right so not only are you full of shit but you are also lying.
I didn't cherry pick shit.

The quote will preserve your stupidity for Daniel Maldini's future kids (if he can still have) to log in and read how the virus that infected his dad and grandfather and killed so many in Italy was barely dangerous :proud:

Leaf, my man...

World needs a little kindness right now.

Yikes

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Absolutely hopeless case. No use trying to talk with him, he lives in his own world.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Idiots uniting :proud:

Yes I am what's what's wrong with the world :lol:
Not the idiots who have been talking shit since day 1
Not the idiots who have been completely misled and misleading others
and even worse refusing to apologise when it's so fucking clear how
WRONG you are.

That's why it's great that this is a text based forum so all the SHIT you talk is there to ridicule you forever. It's not me it's your own brain dead hot takes that keep biting you in the ass

Normal ppl have that little bit of self awarenesses to look back on it and say "my bad" and will learn to be less arrogant/idiotic going forward. But not you guys. Y'all are still right and automatically morally superior as well :lol:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Leaf may be going all in but on this point he aint wrong and Alec never backtracked with his ridiculous comparison

But whatever

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Bennacer is also fodder apparently. He hasn't shown any talent. Only Theo has. Because he's scored some goals.

Donnarumma isn't worth much either. And Romagnoli is average. Napoli is asking 60m for Meret, who is on the bench, but, we would be lucky to get 50m for Donna.

Bennacer came from a bad team. So he's fodder. We've never gotten someone to serve for years and years in our midfield, like, from Cesana in Serie B or from a RELEGATED TEAM like Salernitana. How could we buy someone from a relegated team and expect them to play for Milan?

This team has not had a consistent direction. It is seven different philosophies of team style and has no coherence. Rangnick is supposedly going to give Milan that, and I hope he does, and makes us win 10 CLs in a row. Shit, I hope Pioli does, whoever is the manager.

But this team has a lot of talent in it. That's what is frustrating with them. But none of them are leaders yet. Donna is. Ibra is. Theo isn't though. His goals mask some big deficiencies. He's a great modern fullback, in that he can attack and has the lungs to get back. Whether he defends is a different matter.

Romagnoli plays a position that requires a lot of experience and he has had no stability. Acerbi played for us, and he's in a system and in a point in his career where he's finally doing the right thing. CB and CDM are the two most demanding positions for someone to play. And seeing Bennacer have trouble there, but blossom further forward shouldn't be a surprise. Locatelli will need time to grow into it. I'd love for him to become the next Albertini and come back, but he's going to need time. He didn't want to come back, he didn't want to be on the bench. He wanted to play. That's his gamble. I hope he comes back.

Donna is one of the best 10 GKs in the world, I say that confidently. And he has gotten markedly better each season. So has Romagnoli, but he's had a more difficult rise. There's a reason Barca and City are the names rumored for him and not Lazio or Benfica. Defending is worse now than before, and while he might not rise to a Nesta, he can easily be a Chiellini level player.

The team has not been put together for any single purpose or vision. Maldini and Boban had started, but it would take time.

Sacchi gave an interview the other day and he said that it was the lack of time and the pressure that would challenge Rangnick (or anyone) at Milan. Atalanta has the room to fail. So does Lazio. These are important differences when evaluating what to do and how to assess Milan and its rebuild in comparison to those teams.

I think this is a really great post overall, but the bold part is especially important.

Simone Inzaghi led Lazio to 8th last season. In Milan, he would have gotten fired. At Lazio though, he was able to continuing working with his team, and with no real reinforcements they are challenging Juve. Consistency is huge, and we have refused to try it.

There is a rumour that we can swap Paqueta for Florentino (Benfica). We were after him in the winter but I don't see why we would exchange one unproven youngster for another one

Paqueta's value is dropping like a lead balloon. Swapping him for another young player that may yet grow may end up being our best play.

It's still possible that Paqueta may rebound, and I would be fine with keeping him, but this season he really seemed to lack the mentality of a champion whenever he got on the field.

Koopmeiners for €15m would be an excellent purchase. Sublime penalty taker and good at set pieces. I'd say he's very reminiscent of a younger version of Biglia.

If we manage to bring him in, we'd have a cheap and direct '1-in-2' replacement for both Biglia and Kessie, meaning we can focus on a bigger midfield signing.

I would be very down for a 22 year old version of Biglia, and a player who captains a reasonably big club should be good for the locker room.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Leaf may be going all in but on this point he aint wrong and Alec never backtracked with his ridiculous comparison

But whatever

:thumbsup:
Man I just want a little bit of accountability.

But the aforementioned never apologize and come back better. They always pop back up with an "Even though I was wrong, here's why I'm still right/superior" type posts. It's annoying AF. Even worse, when you show them where they've been wrong, they target you for it.

I gave Alec the chance to show me where I cherry picked and he responded the way MB does with everything. Trying to attack.

It's like people don't value objective truths anymore. Narrative is all that matters. Even if that narrative constantly flip-flops

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Here's a hot tip: We won't make CL next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule