The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure, I don't recall any deadline to the option reported when the sale was made, but it's possible.

I remember it was mentioned on sporza that it was for one or two seasons. After that inter gets 30% of his future transfer fee.

Dena

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Sky Sport’s Peppe di Stefano says that Milan’s new boss will be chosen by Hendrik Almstadt and Geoffrey Moncada. Ralf Rangnick is in pole position

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Sky Sport’s Peppe di Stefano says that Milan’s new boss will be chosen by Hendrik Almstadt and Geoffrey Moncada. Ralf Rangnick is in pole position

Who are these ppl?

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Ben-Baka-Tonali is defensive af, I don't like it.

It will be one or another. Or that kid from Benfica, whatever.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Ralf Rangnick has denied agreeing a deal to become Milan’s next coach. “There’s nothing to it, such a statement doesn’t correspond to reality.”

Rangnick had been tipped to take full control of coaching and player recruitment at Milan, with Zvonimir Boban leaking the negotiations prior to his exit in March.

However, the former RB Leipzig boss - while admitting to ‘loose enquiries’ - has now poured cold water on the speculation.

“There’s nothing to it,” he told MDR.

“There were once some loose enquiries, but such a statement [of agreeing a deal with Milan] doesn’t correspond to reality.”

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
CM - Belgian Saillemakers will return to Anderlecht at the end of the season after his loan to Milan ends.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
I thought it's loan with obligation? :monto:

Idk, 7m for young, talented player who can cover several position on pitch is not too much. He can be useful rotation player.

Also I think that club already payed 3,5m.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Idk, 7m for young, talented player who can cover several position on pitch is not too much. He can be useful rotation player.

What's the use? In right back he was behind Calabria and Conti. And for right wing Milan needs to get a player better than Samu not worse.

The club is trying to reduce the wage bill. Collecting mediocre players is not going to help.

Last edited:

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score

3.5 m down the drain. Very expensive loan for a player barely used... I would buy him and loan him to Genoa/Samp. 7 m total on a player that will be easily sellable for 10 m after a whole season in Italy. He could actually develop into a very good player and be sold for 20 m... IDK this seems like a waste of money

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
Ralf Rangnick has denied agreeing a deal to become Milan’s next coach. “There’s nothing to it, such a statement doesn’t correspond to reality.”

Rangnick had been tipped to take full control of coaching and player recruitment at Milan, with Zvonimir Boban leaking the negotiations prior to his exit in March.

However, the former RB Leipzig boss - while admitting to ‘loose enquiries’ - has now poured cold water on the speculation.

“There’s nothing to it,” he told MDR.

“There were once some loose enquiries, but such a statement [of agreeing a deal with Milan] doesn’t correspond to reality.”

Thank you!

Now for Maldini to stay

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
3.5 m down the drain. Very expensive loan for a player barely used... I would buy him and loan him to Genoa/Samp. 7 m total on a player that will be easily sellable for 10 m after a whole season in Italy. He could actually develop into a very good player and be sold for 20 m... IDK this seems like a waste of money

He could also become another Hallilovic! The market for mediocre players isn't that expensive. Ricardo Rod is going for around 6.5 mil!

The club's priority now is to save all the money to rebuild the team for top 4. They need to save every million if they are going to bid on players like Tonali...

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
He's the one who can cover both sides, as fullback, wingback, winger, even midfielder. Since our roster and also budget is very thin, I think that he can be very useful here as all-round player for only 7m.

I mean, we're speaking about talented kid, not some fraud. Even if he fails, you can always sell him for that money.

Since they already paid half of that price, I can't see any reason to send him back and throw that money in the river. Spend another 3,5m and buy him completely.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's the one who can cover both sides, as fullback, wingback, winger, even midfielder. Since our roster and also budget is very thin, I think that he can be very useful here as all-round player for only 7m.

I mean, we're speaking about talented kid, not some fraud. Even if he fails, you can always sell him for that money.

Since they already paid half of that price, I can't see any reason to send him back and throw that money in the river. Spend another 3,5m and buy him completely.

I can see them extending the loan, actually. He didn't have time to prove himself, and unless he's been showing himself to be completely unsuited in training then he needs more time next season especially with a new coach that might need him.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He could also become another Hallilovic! The market for mediocre players isn't that expensive. Ricardo Rod is going for around 6.5 mil!

The club's priority now is to save all the money to rebuild the team for top 4. They need to save every million if they are going to bid on players like Tonali...

But he could become a good player either. We already paid 50% of the sum required to buy him.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Tonali would be great, and is my top hope for us this summer. He's a milan guy and could help lead our midfield for a decade if bought now. Really hoping this goes through :star:

:thumbsup:

Tonali is a star in the making and has the potential to become the best Italian mid of his generation. Also, he’s the only expensive ‘star’ signing I’d expect us to make given that he’d cost 40-50m whereas Werner would cost considerably more.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Milan will attempt to sign Sandro Tonali and Gianluca Scamacca in the summer. Contacts have been confirmed, for Tonali the competition is stiff@AntoVitiello

Hope the Tonali rumours are true. Tbh it was a mistake not signing him last year instead of spending 25m on 2/3 of a relegated teams mid as his value has almost doubled.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:thumbsup:

Tonali is a star in the making and has the potential to become the best Italian mid of his generation. Also, he’s the only expensive ‘star’ signing I’d expect us to make given that he’d cost 40-50m whereas Werner would cost considerably more.

They are saying that because he is in the final year of his contract Milan could get him for 30-35 mil.

He is a Milan fan so the club can agree the transfer with him first. If Tonali refuses transfers to other clubs then it helps Milan lower the fee. Brescia are forced to sell him this summer.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
They are saying that because he is in the final year of his contract Milan could get him for 30-35 mil.

He is a Milan fan so the club can agree the transfer with him first. If Tonali refuses transfers to other clubs then it helps Milan lower the fee. Brescia are forced to sell him this summer.

I'm pretty sure I read that Brescia have the option to extend his contract another year somewhere. Anyway, it would be a mistake not to sign him whatever the cost because he's a brilliant fucking prospect and his contribution for rock bottom Brescia has been immense.

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
D'rumma
Tomiyasu, Pau Torres, Romagnoli, Theo
Joan Jordan, Bennacer
Chiesa, Calhanoglu, Rebic
Abraham

Tom / 10mln
Pau / Musacchio + 8mln
Jordan / Suso
Chiesa / Paqueta + 20mln
Abraham / Kessie + 15mln​

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I read that Brescia have the option to extend his contract another year somewhere. Anyway, it would be a mistake not to sign him whatever the cost because he's a brilliant fucking prospect and his contribution for rock bottom Brescia has been immense.

AC Milan are focusing on the signing of midfielder Sandro Tonali as they have identified him as the perfect partner for Ismael Bennacer.

That is according to journalist Carlo Pellegatti, who addressed the situation in a video on his YouTube channel (via MilanNews). He believes that Tonali will be a focus for the summer window even though his current valuation is €50million, however that could drop to €30-35m given the current circumstances.

The 19-year-old has a contract expiring in 2021 so Cellino will be forced to sell in the summer if he wants to make cash from Tonali, who is also wanted by Juventus and Inter but is the perfect profile for Elliott.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
AC Milan are focusing on the signing of midfielder Sandro Tonali as they have identified him as the perfect partner for Ismael Bennacer.

That is according to journalist Carlo Pellegatti, who addressed the situation in a video on his YouTube channel (via MilanNews). He believes that Tonali will be a focus for the summer window even though his current valuation is €50million, however that could drop to €30-35m given the current circumstances.

The 19-year-old has a contract expiring in 2021 so Cellino will be forced to sell in the summer if he wants to make cash from Tonali, who is also wanted by Juventus and Inter but is the perfect profile for Elliott.

:thumbsup: Let's get him before Inter do because if they sign him they'd have 3/4 of the future NT midfield alongside Sensi+Barella which would be sickening.

Also, not sure whether Ralf would play both Bennacer + Tonali at the same time given that at Leipzig he deployed one pure DM (Demme) alongside the quick, slick, creative Naby Keita (Bennacer's current position) who scored/assisted 11 times. It will probably be Bennacer/Tonali + new creative CM.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ralf is not coming

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Ralf is not coming

He is...or somebody like him e.g. Gasperini so prepare yourself. I just can't see Elliott spending countless millions on an expensive coach like Spalletti and the established players he would require especially at a time like this. Meanwhile, Ralf/Gasperini are capable of building a young team and achieving CL qualification for a fraction of the cost.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He is...or somebody like him e.g. Gasperini so prepare yourself. I just can't see Elliott spending countless millions on an expensive coach like Spalletti and the established players he would require especially at a time like this. Meanwhile, Ralf/Gasperini are capable of building a young team and achieving CL qualification for a fraction of the cost.

Again, Rangnick would achieve CL qualification, but it would take a long time. Meanwhile, with how tough the Milan fan base and Italian media are, the team of youngsters will get massacres after every loss. And the pressure of playing for Milan is just different. There would not the same patience that he found everywhere else he's worked/coached.

Elliot have been in control for almost 2 years now. They don't strike me as a company that decides to year down what they've been building for 2 years to do a risky start-over.

The team is only lacking a few elements to be competitive. Player values are going to decrease after this pandemic. The Spalletti option might not be so costly after all.

And Rangnick said there were only "loose inquiries"

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Always wondered if tonali could become a libero. Center of a 3 man defensive line. He has height and defensive skills to his game. Play out the back, and he'll join the midfield late to collect or get fed recovered balls and launch quick counter attack. Suits call the things he's supposedly good at.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Players from relegated teams should never come to Milan.

We've never had a player from a relegated team go on to become great at Milan, certainly not in midfield.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Tonali is a must for this team. He’s my number one on my wish list. Bennacer and Tonali in the centre of the pitch with a destroyer like Bakayoko would be immense.

Hopefully Zlatan stays to mentor Leao who I think will explode next season, along with Rebic who still has a year left on his loan. Our attack should be more than fine for next season imo, we need to spend on the midfield and defence next window. Sign a promising RB along with a centre back (I’d love Silva on a free and to sign a promising CB for him to mentor).

Donnarumma, RB, CB, Romagnoli, Hernandez, Tonali, Bennacer, Bakayoko, Castillejo, Ibra, Leao in a 4-3-3. Rebic as super sub.

Problem with that midfield.is it offers almost no goal threat whatsoever. Those 3 guys combined have scored 2 goals this season.

Bennacer has 0 league goals in the last 2 years. Bakayoko has 4 in the last 3 years. Tonali is young obviously but isn't a goal scorer.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I do believe there were rumours that Juventus have agreement with Tonali and his agent a few months ago. Inter also want him.

I'm not sure how anyone other than Juve gets him, given they can also offer him a starting position.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
I do believe there were rumours that Juventus have agreement with Tonali and his agent a few months ago. Inter also want him.

I'm not sure how anyone other than Juve gets him, given they can also offer him a starting position.
Same position they offered Rabiot?

Status
Not open for further replies.