Italian Football Thread III

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Inter merda havent lost yet.. already played against roma, juve and napoli (the last two away).. that is very impressive

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Allegri taught Spalletti a tactical lesson tonight:

1. Suffocate: Allegri strangled Inter's right flank (which is where most of Inter's attacks originate) by putting in 3 levels of brute walls there (Mandzukic, Matuidi & Asamoah) which made Candreva & D'Ambrosio redundant in attack.

2. Dominate: Allegri started 3 physical midfielders to dominate the middle. Juve were first to almost all the 50-50 balls in the midfield. The sheer physical intensity of Matuidi and Khedira was too much for Inter's midfield to match.

3. Attack: He started Cuadrado to exploit Inter's defensive achilles heel (Santon). Cuadrado got behind Santon at every opportunity, it was almost like Santon didn't exist. Cuadrado was clearly instructed to send in long crosses by design. Higuain would then move in between Skriniar & D'Ambrosio, pulling Dumbo to him. The crosses almost always went over Dumbo where Mandzukic was waiting. This was clearly rehearsed, and if Mandzukic had slightly better balance and finishing, he could have scored a hat-trick tonight.

This was the reason why Mandzukic & Cuadrado started over Dybala and Costa. This also explains why Juve started with an extra midfielder instead of the 3rd CB. I won't blame Spalletti too much though. Inter just don't have the quality bench to change tactics drastically. There are no DMs. Maybe Spalletti should have started Gags instead of Candreva, but I suspect the result would have been the same.

Inter were lucky to escape with a draw. And a draw at Turin is very creditable. Now Inter need to win the next 2 games. My biggest worry is that the above is a good blueprint of how to stop this Inter. I expect other clubs to copy these tactics to whatever extent they can.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Inter merda havent lost yet.. already played against roma, juve and napoli (the last two away).. that is very impressive

Wasn't the Rma game away as well, I believe it was played in Rome.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Its not a bad bet as Roma are keeping up with the leading pack. And like Juve, they have the reserves to keep it up.

But unfortunately I think Juve have too much lungs. It will take a very bad patch of form for Juve for anyone else to win the league this season.

Exactly that, your team is way to good at the moment and its up to Juve to lose it, rather than Roma or anybody else to win it.

I got ridiculed in pre-season when I mentioned Spaletti will get the job done this season.

If you said that Inter will win the league, than yeah people where right to laugh at you. If you said that he will get them a CL spot, than you where on point.

Last night was pure luck on Inter's part, they could have easily lost by 2+ goals.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Roma just lost two points against chievo at HOME.. a chievo team we spanked 1-4...

Count thos fakaris out of the tittle

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Bologna have the same amount of league titles(7) that Napoli, Roma and Lazio have combined. Tinpot

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Lazio 1-3 Torino

Immobile saw red

Inter, Juve, Napoli, Roma, Lazio and Samp all dropped points this matchday.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Lazio 1-3 Torino

Immobile saw red

Inter, Juve, Napoli, Roma, Lazio and Samp all dropped points this matchday.

10x weeks like this and we'll be fine

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I'm reasonably confident that this will be the beginning of stutters for a lot of teams. No one could have possibly gone winning game after game like the top 4 did this season.

Meanwhile, 20 yrs of following this league and it's the first time I've heard of a team called Pordenone. Inter's opponents in the coppa.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Lol you guys have a lot of wishful thinking.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Immobile saw red

Screenshot_20171213-153358.png

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Atalanta - Lazio this week end.

The week end after that :

SSC Napoli - Sampdoria

And the one after that:

Inter - Lazio

We need to grab the 9 points from the next 3 games. Its gonna be though because we play Fiorentina away, and Atalanta(our home though), but its not impossible.

If we do our job EL places will be back on track, and CL in striking distance.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inter might lose points against udinese

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fucking Icardi can't stop scoring.

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Oddo making sure Inter's winter collapse begins earlier, what a legend

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
bunch of pretenders in this shit league

7th in a row for juve is all but guaranteed.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
bunch of pretenders in this shit league

7th in a row for juve is all but guaranteed.

I hear people making complaints that all top leagues are over except Serie A. They are right. Serie A doesn't even start. :lol: