CL: AC Milan (4) - Arsenal FC (0) 15/02/2012

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
theres a lot of talk about walcot, but considering zambo did pretty well against <insert barca forward> I thing we will be fine.

I honestly think if we play well, we can get through this without to many worries. We finally have a good squad, so the time to change our luck against the english couldnt have happened at a better time.

It just amazing how much our team has changed in the past 2 years. Although there is still a little ways to go lol

No... just no. Dani Alves and Alexi Sanchez were both out the last time we met Barcelona. We are seriously screwed if we don't get a new LB or Taiwo suddently becomes great. Walcott is one of the fastest footballers in the world.

If only we could clone a left-footed Abate. :(

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Allegri: English sides not in crisis

Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri insists English football is still to be respected after they were drawn to play Arsenal in the Champions League.

The Premiership have only two teams in the last 16 after Manchester United and Manchester City failed to get out of the groups.

“I don’t think English football is in crisis,” the former Cagliari tactician told Sky Sport Italia on Friday afternoon.

“Manchester City, who don’t have European experience, were in a tough group along with Bayern Munich and Napoli. Manchester United’s exit was a surprise though.”

As well as the Rossoneri facing Arsenal, Napoli will take on Chelsea and Inter have been paired with France’s Marseille.

“Inter have got the easiest game out of the Italian sides, while it will be difficult for us and Napoli too,” he added. “Chelsea are very strong on the European stage.

“We know Arsenal, they are a team who play good football and who are doing well again. We need to get to February in the best physical shape and, hopefully, without any injuries.”

Asked whether winning the European Cup was a bigger target than retaining their Italian title, Allegri answered cautiously.

“Our objective right now is to collect as many points as possible in our next two League games. We had a slow start to the season, so we’ve had to catch up. Our next matches are very important.

“Only in February will we concentrate on the Champions League. If we repeat the same mistakes we made in Prague and Minsk during qualifying then it will be hard to get through.”

Milan, who went out of the competition to Tottenham last season, will host Arsenal on 15 February and the return will take place on March 6.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
....in FIFA 2012

:proud:

as an owner of fifa 12. antonini scoring is IMPOSSIBLE

there is more chance of urby emanuelson coming off the bench and contributing massively than antonini scoring

lol, forget about abate. i always fear that when i miss the occasional game, that he scores. id be dead dissapointed.

Abate will assist antonini :D

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
Seeing as Arsenal struggled with Udinese, and Arsenal being worse then they were in 07/08 and that we are better, I feel good about this draw. However I might regret writing those words coming Mars...

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
seedorf will win this with a 40 yard screamer as a parting gift for us.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
Arsenal sucks and even though Milan's attack lacks of balls, it has the obligation of go there and win it.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Seeing as Arsenal struggled with Udinese, and Arsenal being worse then they were in 07/08 and that we are better, I feel good about this draw. However I might regret writing those words coming Mars...

Arsenal struggled with Udinese, because that's exactly the type of team they are weak against - Pace and athleticism...

And we shouldn't talk considering we struggled against them too and have failed to even beat them in our last two games, while Arsenal have...

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Arsenal struggled with Udinese, because that's exactly the type of team they are weak against - Pace and athleticism...

And we shouldn't talk considering we struggled against them too and have failed to even beat them in our last two games, while Arsenal have...

arsenal struggled against udinese when arsenal were at their worst moments of the season(and the past 10 years), and they beat udinese away 1-2 like 4 days before they got destroyed by united.:lol:

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
This English nightmare started with Arsenal, it'll end with them.

It's fate!

Eccolo

Reaction score
Fav. Players

You do have a point, but I think it was down more to Udieneses inexperinece to got them KO rather then Aresnal being the better team. The chances they had, specially Armero, should have resulted in a better result. And I think we are better eqiupt in dealing with pace and athlectcism then the last we met Arsenal, although that maybe doesnt tell us much.

Their midfield and their defence isnt scary, what worries me is Gervinhio on the left as we will have Abate and Silva to contain Walcott, whos only strength is his pace.

Van Persie is probably one of the best strikers in the world right now, but given his injury record and other factors the chances of him keeping up this form are very slim.

Also Arsenals greatest strength is they are good at keeping ball but not as good at countering. Milans weekness has been in dealing with fast counter attacking teams: Udinese, Napoli this year, Tottenham and Real Madrid

Last edited:

JohnnyWunderboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini
I think one of Milan's biggest problems in Europe is complacency against "non-giants". It's partly the reason why we failed against Spurs last year.
I'm sure Allegri and co. know that Arsenal aren't going to be a walk in the park, so it's more than likely the motivation won't be lacking.

The biggest dilemma the team's faced with is the schedule during the period of the CL fixtures. Focusing less on the league could seriously hurt our chances for the Scudetto, considering ladri's only got one trophy to worry about.
IMO, our chances in winning the Scudetto is much much greater than the CL, so any great efforts put into the Arsenal legs are a huge gamble.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
You do have a point, but I think it was down more to Udieneses inexperinece to got them KO rather then Aresnal being the better team. The chances they had, specially Armero, should have resulted in a better result. And I think we are better eqiupt in dealing with pace and athlectcism then the last we met Arsenal, although that maybe doesnt tell us much.

Their midfield and their defence isnt scary, what worries me is Gervinhio on the left as we will have Abate and Silva to contain Walcott, whos only strength is his pace.

Van Persie is probably one of the best strikers in the world right now, but given his injury record and other factors the chances of him keeping up this form are very slim

uh... Gervinho plays on their left which is our right...

I'm sure you can figure out the rest..

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Very tough game.Arsenal despite losing 2 great players in Cesc and Nasri are more compact and plays better than previous years.They have Van Persie who at the moment is striker with best form in Europe.Their transformation from defence to attack is impressive.They plays a lot with through balls,where they find fast wingers in form of Walcott and Gervinho.Till the beginning of this duels they will have ready Wilshere and Sagna,Andre Santos will be out probably.Arsenal weak side is their defence,and there we should seek our chances,but in the meantime our other strikers Pato and Robinho must find their form.Currently they are in very good form,i have watched their last game vs Everton they had planty of chances but realisation were lacking,but cross from Song and volley hit from Persie and goal was pure beauty.Chances are 50/50,but we must beat them in San Siro,they cant go away with a win or a draw like last year Spurs,because we will limit our chances too much.

Last edited:

Eccolo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
uh... Gervinho plays on their left which is our right...

I'm sure you can figure out the rest..

:fp: You are totally right! My bad! Maybe an idea would be to switch Silva over to our left side of the defence to help Zambrotta against Gervinho? Anywho their main threats come from the flanks which was my main point

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
:fp: You are totally right! My bad! Maybe an idea would be to switch Silva over to our left side of the defence to help Zambrotta against Gervinho? Anywho their main threats come from the flanks which was my main point

Yeah,and since they threaten from the wings maybe we should play Silva as LB??

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
fear not, I have simulated this match on fifa 12 and we win.
sFi_yeeha.gif

Thank you so much, I was just about to do that, but I won't now because I like yours.

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Gonna lose again. Arrogance just like last year against Tottenham.

Eccolo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah,and since they threaten from the wings maybe we should play Silva as LB??

And play Mexes and Nesta as CB? I dont know....Could be a solution.

Eccolo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yea but Im bit worried how that center duo would cope with attackers running behind them. But having the defence consiting of: Abate-Mexes-Nesta--Silva, could actually work

Largo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
this two games are not for ambrosini and van bommel... if they play we will face serious difficulties. lock them in the closet.

dynamic, pacy, relentless, fresh and skillfull midfield for this games is a must.

FORZA MILAN :star:

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Yea but Im bit worried how that center duo would cope with attackers running behind them. But having the defence consiting of: Abate-Mexes-Nesta--Silva, could actually work

Where is Zambrotta?:o

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
It's gonna be about motivation and eagerness.

If we play like we did against Barca, we will win. But that unfortunately has happened fewer times than we need.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
Gonna lose again. Arrogance just like last year against Tottenham.

the second we drew tottenham, i came to tears. their pace on the flanks were bound to fuck us

but we did well in that aspect, except maybe the lennon bit

im more confident against arsenal tho

TS33

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
All signs point to us having this - without sounding too confident/arrogant.

I think Allegri understands the rigours of European competition much, much better this year. On top of that the squad has really gelled and I think we're regaining that 'BGP' status when it comes to the European stage. We showed up against Barcelona and, on different nights, could have come away with wins.

We will need some luck though, there's no doubt about that. We need to keep all our key players fit and good to go. A single player down - a Nesta, Silva or Ibra, Pato - and we're in trouble. It happened last year against Tottenham and we paid the price.

Very happy we drew Arsenal and not Chelsea but I do wonder what kind of tomfoolery is going on at UEFA. Seems like it will forever be Italy vs England... while Spain seems to skip by. Oh well.

blaze

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic, El Shaarawy, T.Silva, Nesta, De Sciglio, Balotelli, Neymar, Pimp C, Bun B
please dont let rvp play please dont let rvp play please dont let rvp play please dont let rvp play please dont let rvp play

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
please dont let rvp play please dont let rvp play please dont let rvp play please dont let rvp play please dont let rvp play

Yeah, RVP, hope he gets injured and misses the first match. Comes back fr the second game and gets send for for two yellow, first for complaining, second one for shooting after the whistle is blown.