Patrick Cutrone Thread

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Look, you are sentimental about this and in that regard I agree. I wish Cutrone was a different player technically, because his personality is fantastic and he's from our Primavera. I understand everyone who are sad about this, I am too.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I blame Andre Silva for this

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
What makes it even more sadder is that it’s a very bad career move for him

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
I don't know, I'm trying to think what could it be that we sacrificed Cutrone for. Could it be he has some sort of destructive (to him or to the team) personal habit or manner that Maldini could not tolerate but did not want to make public, both out of personal courtesy and also to maintain his market value?

Otherwise if there is no reason, I can't see why he could not be the main man upfront. Put him next to a speedy SS (like Correa or Leao), Paqueta behind and a great LCM, Bennacer and Kessie and I would have rather seen Piatek go for 70m or something.

Don't get me wrong, I love Piatek and he is way ahead of Cutrone in terms of ability and ideally would like to keep both, or loan out Cutrone. But even if finances are a problem you don't sacrifice a home-grown player who loves the club and has ability and potential. Piatek could be gone anyway at some stage in a few years if we don't match his ambition or demands. Loyalty and love for the club, and keeping the club's identity is priceless.

We'll never know the real reason and I will keep faith in Maldini and Boban, but it does not sit well with me if the only true reason Cutrone is going is because of (in truth relatively tiny in this day and age) "capital gains" - a phrase I am really starting to hate.

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
What makes it even more sadder is that it’s a very bad career move for him

Not necessarily. Considering that Wolves will play in many competitions in a 2 striker formation and that he's gonna be one of their most expensive transfers ever, I guess he's gonna get plenty of time.

Also, Nuno seems to be a much more promising coach than Giampaolo, so he'll learn quite a lot there.

Pippo spirit :proud:

I was just thinking today how back in the days, player celebrations were more emotional and showed joy of achieving something for the club, while now it's usually more about their ego.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I don't know, I'm trying to think what could it be that we sacrificed Cutrone for. Could it be he has some sort of destructive (to him or to the team) personal habit or manner that Maldini could not tolerate but did not want to make public, both out of personal courtesy and also to maintain his market value?

Otherwise if there is no reason, I can't see why he could not be the main man upfront. Put him next to a speedy SS (like Correa or Leao), Paqueta behind and a great LCM, Bennacer and Kessie and I would have rather seen Piatek go for 70m or something.

Don't get me wrong, I love Piatek and he is way ahead of Cutrone in terms of ability and ideally would like to keep both, or loan out Cutrone. But even if finances are a problem you don't sacrifice a home-grown player who loves the club and has ability and potential. Piatek could be gone anyway at some stage in a few years if we don't match his ambition or demands. Loyalty and love for the club, and keeping the club's identity is priceless.

We'll never know the real reason and I will keep faith in Maldini and Boban, but it does not sit well with me if the only true reason Cutrone is going is because of (in truth relatively tiny in this day and age) "capital gains" - a phrase I am really starting to hate.

What the actual fuck are you talking about

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
What the actual fuck are you talking about

To sum up - If it is just because of financial reasons, I do not like that we are selling Cutrone. Would much rather sell others.

I trust there could be another reason or there just was no other way, but it is hard to swallow.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
"I can't see why he could not be the main man upfront"

Because he's not good enough, and probably will never be for a club with Milan's ambitions.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I gotta say this:

Forza Cutro!!

You had the passion but not the skills. Mi amigo, grow up and get better like Petagna did. Petagna was so much worse than you while playing at Milan but look at him now. Focus, work and work with the same hunger. As an AC Milan Fan for so long, I wish you the best even though you might not be anymore in the club. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
"I can't see why he could not be the main man upfront"

Because he's not good enough, and probably will never be for a club with Milan's ambitions.

I agree he isn't as good as Piatek at present.

But whether he is never going to be still remains to be seen. Aubameyang looked like a fast guy with nothing else when we loaned him with an option to buy for 1m in 2011 when he was 22, exploded thereafter. Inzaghi had a pretty poor haul at Parma when he was 22, only to go on to have a great career and scored bucketloads for Atalanta, Juve and us. Petagna looked pretty poor after some early promise and now if we were in a healthy financial state we'd probably think 18m would not be too much to get him back in as a backup.

If we were financially like Real Madrid or Juventus we would loan Cutrone out or have a buyback clause, but since we aren't we it would not be a stretch to put trust in promising youngsters in various stages of their development in key positions. We are already doing it for Calabria, Theo, Bennacer, Kessie, Paqueta - even Leao if rumours are true, and hope they will explode or at least mature to be competent in their positions as part of a system.

In the end I concede I don't have the full picture that Maldini and co. have and probably never will so I will have to trust in their decisions. But it doesn't make it easy to swallow.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
dumb sale. ~20m. lol, Milan acting like this will never get back to the top. Other clubs value their top youngsters so much higher these days. Milan look desperate, not like a top club. Gross sale here

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
The thing is not only that he's leaving Milan, his boyhood club, but also for a club that he probably had never heard of before Mendes intervened.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cutrone before departing towards England:

"Reading all the messages from the fans made me emotional. It means that I've done a good thing." [@86_Longo]

Cutrone: "Am I disappointed? Well you have seen yourselves, I have nothing to say. I am always ready and charged. I wish the best for Milan fans and my teammates."

Cutrone: "My departure from Milan affects me as well but that's life and some decisions are taken. I will look to do my best. Now I only think about integrating well and doing well there [at Wolves]."

FFS Patrick, couldn't you have made it easy like Locatelli, or Sheva with his children needing to learn English, or Kaka crying over Man City but flirting with Real Madrid?

Forza Cutrone. I hope you prove your worth.

:cry:

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wanna hear Maldini's comments on this.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
andre silva looked like a fantastic signing on paper. he ticked every box and we desperately needed a striker like him. but a players attitude is often understated.

leao might look like a more able, more technical and more suitable SS to play with piontek, but with these young strikers its hit n miss every single time. Cutrone you knew was going to give 100% for the club and improve in any way he could.

employees are the backbone of every business, you don't get rid of the one who would jump through fire for you, especially not for 20m in this market.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
andre silva looked like a fantastic signing on paper. he ticked every box and we desperately needed a striker like him. but a players attitude is often understated.

leao might look like a more able, more technical and more suitable SS to play with piontek, but with these young strikers its hit n miss every single time. Cutrone you knew was going to give 100% for the club and improve in any way he could.

employees are the backbone of every business, you don't get rid of the one who would jump through fire for you, especially not for 20m in this market.

You do if you believe their ceiling isn't that high and that they can be replaced by a player with a higher ceiling who fits better into the tactical set up. There's always a risk with these things. If Leao explodes then the deal will be considered a steal and a genius move, if he doesn't and Cutrone does then it will be considered the opposite. That's how these things, you win some and you lose some. All we can do is hope our management did their due diligence and trust in their assessment until they give us reason not to.

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
His comments hurt, really makes Milan look cold and harsh. What does the club have to say for this?

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
His comments hurt, really makes Milan look cold and harsh. What does the club have to say for this?

Milan has been cold and harsh. We offloaded him for 18m.... in this market? I mean really? We needed that 18m soooo bad we couldn't just wait in the market to sell Silva on? This Milan has no more soul. Just money and young pedo kids... also, barely anymore italian core which we have always had. Selling cutro himself is not that backbreaking, it's just how much of a cold shitty business machine we are becoming that hurts. and not even a profitable one! Hopefully we don't decline much more and lose too much more of ourselves because it will be hard to support if this is just the beginning of us becoming like Inter... time will tell. I'll wait for the season to make my judgement

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
PkzOAI7.png

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Of the three Italian talents who came up through the ranks at San Siro, only Calabria remains in the squad, as Locatelli was sold to Sassuolo and Cutrone today joined Wolves.

“Brother, I still can’t believe it, but this is the harsh reality,” wrote Locatelli on Instagram.

“From kids making their debuts to the senior squad, a story we can tell to children who are chasing the same dreams we had. That dream that after eight years we could look each other in the eye and say, we did it.

“You were the perfect incarnation of what it means to be Milan. I wish you the best, because you deserve it. Life forces us to make choices and we have to take them. I hope for you that this is the right path. I am convinced that with your determination and hunger, you’ll give your all and prove yourself in England too.

“Distance can never be a problem for us, and we’ve already proved that. I can only say that I’ll always be here for you. All the best, my brother.”

Calabria also sent a message to Cutrone via Instagram.

“It’ll be strange, so very strange, after all these years not to be in the same dressing room, wearing the same shirt, not having you constantly under my feet at Milanello. But that is football. That is life.

“You already know everything I think and what you need to do. It won’t be easy, but with your grit, you’ll manage it. I wish you the best, my friend, I will miss you.”

Cutrone himself also posted his farewell to Milan and its fans.

“I wanted to tell you so many things, but I don’t know where to start… Dear Milan, that’s what it’s like.

“You welcomed me at the age of eight, I was a child who dreamed of scoring a goal at San Siro. Now I have grown up, as a player and a man. Rossonero, on the field and in life. An immense honour.

“Thank you so much to everyone: the staff, my teammates. And a huge embrace for my fans. You will always be in my heart: you made me feel loved in every moment.

“For me, leaving a positive memory in your hearts is the greatest victory. I wish the best to the club that I love, my teammates and you fans! With all of my heart, which is red and black, Patrick. Forza MILAN.”

Via Football Italia

forever in my :heart:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Ciao Patrick! May you do very well.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Best of luck to Patrick, a true Milanisti. A shame he couldn't stay but I understand he wants to be playing every week and at the same time the club can't offer that to him.

Really hope he has a successful time with Wolves and it leads him onto better things.

Schedule