Week 3: AC Milan vs AS Roma 31/08/2018 20:30 CET

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Why do we keep Simic? It is better use our promosing CB from Primavera.

Was thinking about this too. Is Simic better than Gabbia? I guess both have negligible wages for a 5th centreback. Is it because of his namesake Dario?

To be fair he is still young- ish for a defender. Could suddenly find some improvement hanging out with better defenders and Paolo. But probably would improve more playing on loan.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Was thinking about this too. Is Simic better than Gabbia? I guess both have negligible wages for a 5th centreback. Is it because of his namesake Dario?

To be fair he is still young- ish for a defender. Could suddenly find some improvement hanging out with better defenders and Paolo. But probably would improve more playing on loan.

I have no clue. He was our Primavera player a couple of season ago. He is not young anymore, he just needs to find club who could feed him regular games to develop.

He is already 23 years old, he just needs to play, something he would not get with Milan. I dont know why we keep him and why he chose to stay with Milan.

He played a couple of Serie A games last season, it should be not difficult to find Serie B club if he really wants to play regularly.

We have Gabbia for our 5th choice for CB and RR also could play CB which should be better than playing Simic in the centre of the defense.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
I have no clue. He was our Primavera player a couple of season ago. He is not young anymore, he just needs to find club who could feed him regular games to develop.

He is already 23 years old, he just needs to play, something he would not get with Milan. I dont know why we keep him and why he chose to stay with Milan.

He played a couple of Serie A games last season, it should be not difficult to find Serie B club if he really wants to play regularly.

We have Gabbia for our 5th choice for CB and RR also could play CB which should be better than playing Simic in the centre of the defense.

Yes I agree more likely RR will be deployed in central defence before Simic gets any playing time.

Gabbia is supposed to be real promising as well. Should get a couple of minutes here and there in Coppo/EL matches. No sense splitting those minutes between Gabbia and Simic.

It's curious but maybe Simic didn't want to go on loan anymore.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
I don’t mind the idea of playing Musacchio right back to be honest. He’s actually good on the ball, problem is he would be very limited with his movement and this will hurt Suso’s game.

First game of the season and everyone is already writing off Calabria.. how about we see how he goes for a few games before completely marking him as fodder? He is a kid ffs.

I want Caldara starting this game. Musacchio isn’t the future of our defence and Caldara has shown he is a MUCH better player than him while he was at Atalanta. I know he played in a 3 man defence but Caldara has been training in that style defence all summer even before he came to Milan.

I really want Laxalt starting at LB this game as well, his overlap would be great for Hakan. He could be a massive threat down our left side, I doubt Gattuso makes too many changes though. Probably just Borini for Hakan and he will stick to the same team.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I want Caldara starting this game. Musacchio isn’t the future of our defence and Caldara has shown he is a MUCH better player than him while he was at Atalanta. I know he played in a 3 man defence but Caldara has been training in that style defence all summer even before he came to Milan.

I really want Laxalt starting at LB this game as well, his overlap would be great for Hakan. He could be a massive threat down our left side, I doubt Gattuso makes too many changes though. Probably just Borini for Hakan and he will stick to the same team.

:thumbsup:I like the idea of Laxalt and Calabria overlapping on the wings. Maybe against Cagliari after the international break.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
roma have bad fullbacks and santon is staring on rb is just one more thing rino should explore that is why i would play laxalt he would destroy that side with hakan .

calabria----caldara----rom----laxalt
kessie----------biglia-------jack
suso-----------gon za lo----hakan

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
roma have bad fullbacks and santon is staring on rb is just one more thing rino should explore that is why i would play laxalt he would destroy that side with hakan .

calabria----caldara----rom----laxalt
kessie----------biglia-------jack
suso-----------gon za lo----hakan

I’d like it if we try out this line up.

Hopefully RR is benched for this match.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
According to sky:
Probable line up vs Roma (4-3-3):

Donnarumma; Abate, Caldara, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessie, Biglia, Bonaventura; Suso, Higuain, Calhanoglu.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
According to sky:

Donnarumma; Abate, Caldara, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessie, Biglia, Bonaventura; Suso, Higuain, Calhanoglu.

A bit worried about that backline, but otherwise looking good. :thumbsup:

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Florenzi to miss the game apparently with a knee complaint. Good news for Hakan and probably for Rodriguez too.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
According to sky:

I don’t understand the Abate inclusion, we tried to play out of the backline last week and Gattuso wants to include Abate into the line up?

Abate’s career has been made off speed and determination, he’s always been below average with the ball. I don’t understand the inclusion, perhaps Roma wont press as ferociously as Napoli but Roma would’ve seen the game last week and will know that if we are pressed we struggle to get the ball into our half.

Abate is the wrong choice imo, hopefully Gattuso knows what he is doing.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
I rather play Borini as RB than Abate :o

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Typical Milan in recent years, one step forward and two steps back. The inclusion of Caldara in the first 11 is a good thing, then Gattuso goes and plays Abate who's last good game was years ago.

Cherry on top of the cake, he has 2/3 year worth of Donnarumma shit performances, yet he continues to play him.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
guuyyyzzz, we're gonna win, relax :proud:

it's 2:1 in my head, maybe even 3.

piguain and suso, on the other side el shafary will always find a way to score against us, ofc.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I don't hate the idea of Borini @ RB

But rather have Musa there

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
can't we have maldini become the defense coach as well as a sporting director? they all need help.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Reminder not to go apeshit if Caldara messes up his debut.

New team.
New Formation.
First match.
Against a very tough opponent.

Please chill.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
xZPq4sP.png

Not too long ago we fielded this against Roma. Times are surely brighter

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
xZPq4sP.png

Not too long ago we fielded this against Roma. Times are surely brighter

It's plain traumatic to see XI's from the dark years. You feel like you've supported the fat, rude kid in the room.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
I don’t understand the Abate inclusion, we tried to play out of the backline last week and Gattuso wants to include Abate into the line up?

Abate’s career has been made off speed and determination, he’s always been below average with the ball. I don’t understand the inclusion, perhaps Roma wont press as ferociously as Napoli but Roma would’ve seen the game last week and will know that if we are pressed we struggle to get the ball into our half.

Abate is the wrong choice imo, hopefully Gattuso knows what he is doing.

My guess: it's because he saw in the game against Napolo that our defense is still very young and unexperienced. This will cost us at least a few point this year. It's okay when you play against Chievo or SPAL, but for Roma, you need someone with some reputation, someone who can bring or keep the calm when things go wrong, someone who can organise the defense etc.. in your squad/defense.

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
fuck me I completely forgot that clown Silvestre played for us lmao

it's weird silvestre, birsa to a certain degree and acerbi were shit for us then became really good at mid level clubs

but then you have players like constant and poli that disappear into obscurity

who are our scouts??

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Expected lineup vs. Roma (4-3-3): Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Ricardo Rodriguez; Kessie, Biglia, Bonaventura; Suso, Higuain, Calhanoglu [Sky].

Our best line up right now, minus Caldara. Hopefully Gattuso realised Abate was horrible in training and won’t flirt with that idea again

A little shattered Caldara isn’t starting to be honest, I don’t think Musacchio is a good option next to Romagnoli.