Week 4: Cagliari vs. AC Milan 16/09/2018 20:30 CET

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
If we continue playing well and notch up a win on sunday, I think we'll enter a winning streak until the derby.

Haven't looked forward to a game this much in ages.

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
If we continue playing well and notch up a win on sunday, I think we'll enter a winning streak until the derby.

Haven't looked forward to a game this much in ages.

Agreed. What up tho Hitch my man. Im going to a lecture by another Horseman, Daniel Dennett next month. How thuglife is that?

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Zapata and Montolivo could return to the team, as Milan has 7 games in the next 21 days in both Europa League and Serie A. [Gazzetta dello Sport]

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
Zapata and Montolivo could return to the team, as Milan has 7 games in the next 21 days in both Europa League and Serie A. [Gazzetta dello Sport]

They were not even included in the squad for the first 2 games?

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo

Decent effort from whoever made it.

I would like to see a bit more detail in subsequent vids, but always nice to see some dissection of what Rino is doing.

Last edited:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice to see some Grintusso tactics.

khuyag

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Кака, Maldini, Nesta, Ronaldo, Beckham
Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessie, Biglia, Bonaventura, Suso, Higuain , Calhanoglu.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score

I would like to see a bit more detail in subsequent vids, but always nice to see some dissection of what Rino is doing.

I respect the video, but it's often funny to see people trying to analyze a game like every movement on the pitch has been trained before. Gattuso is not responsible at all for a lot of these situations.. Whoever that played football on a decent or high level knows that most of the running lines happen instinctively as a result of doing this and hearing what is right for years and years.. Some running lines are almost universal.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I respect the video, but it's often funny to see people trying to analyze a game like every movement on the pitch has been trained before. Gattuso is not responsible at all for a lot of these situations.. Whoever that played football on a decent or high level knows that most of the running lines happen instinctively as a result of doing this and hearing what is right for years and years.. Some running lines are almost universal.

:thumbsup:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
grazie lord eliott

327a936920klavan.jpg

Ragnar Klavan è in gruppo. :fp:

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Not completely true, but not false either. I think the point the video is pointing out is how Gattuso has put the players on the pitch, the roles he has them fulfilling, and what expectations he has for them.

Hakan is being played out wide, but is fulfilling the role of a creator while helping Bonaventura, and is expected to press with Higuain. Thats Gattuso- as in a different team Hakan could be a central midfielder or an attacking midfielder with no defensive responsibility. The results have been obvious too, in H2H matches vs top6 rivals we've been really good.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Thanks for the sharing uve been doing here!

Wheres part 1 tho :o

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Thanks for the sharing uve been doing here!

Wheres part 1 tho :o

Sure thing bro :D it is an older vid so thought it may have been posted before.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Agreed. What up tho Hitch my man. Im going to a lecture by another Horseman, Daniel Dennett next month. How thuglife is that?

That's pretty thug.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Damn, thought the game is today :(

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
In other news Inter lost at home to Parma :)

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Sure thing bro :D it is an older vid so thought it may have been posted before.

Any tactical analysis why we dropped considerably our performance in the second half against Roma (from the point of view of Milan)?

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Great chance to leapfrog inter

quiet possible that empoli get something vs lazio too

Big game for us, need a win if we are serious about top 4

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne
Damn, thought the game is today :(

got back from my match and googled the result myself haha

i will get to watch! forza milan

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

:star::star::star::star::star:

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Any tactical analysis why we dropped considerably our performance in the second half against Roma (from the point of view of Milan)?

I don't know if this answers the question but the guy presenting is quite passionate and looking at his YouTube channel he goes through a lot of matches.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

I don't know if this answers the question but the guy presenting is quite passionate and looking at his YouTube channel he goes through a lot of matches.

Thank you for providing the video. It is different to the previous video or from someone on twitter, sorry mate I can not hold to watch it, pure tactic without video of Milan Roma (I guess).

I am just curious, we were very good defensively in the first half and the start of second half and destroyed by Napoli after that. Against Roma we had almost perfect game but dropped significantly our form in the second half.

Eusebio di Francesco did change Roma formation, we could clearly see it and it also changed the game but what is the perspective from Milan, what Milan could do to overcome it (the change Roma did in the second half) to maintain our position in possesion and controlling the game like the first half?

We have to play good game for 90 minutes not only first half. What count in a game is the end result. Beautiful game with maximum result would be the perfect achievement.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Thank you for providing the video. It is different to the previous video or from someone on twitter, sorry mate I can not hold to watch it, pure tactic without video of Milan Roma (I guess).

I am just curious, we were very good defensively in the first half and the start of second half and destroyed by Napoli after that. Against Roma we had almost perfect game but dropped significantly our form in the second half.

Eusebio di Francesco did change Roma formation, we could clearly see it and it also changed the game but what is the perspective from Milan, what Milan could do to overcome it (the change Roma did in the second half) to maintain our position in possesion and controlling the game like the first half?

We have to play good game for 90 minutes not only first half. What count in a game is the end result. Beautiful game with maximum result would be the perfect achievement.

:D yes I was turned off too initially as there were no actual clips from the game. But I thought he highlighted a few things I missed when watching the game which was helpful for me.

I don't know if our second half slump is a combination of fatigue and delay in responding to tactical changes.

Yes I agree that playing well and attractively throughout the 90 minutes is our goal. Hope to see it all come together in the next few games.