Videogames Thread

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
It's been a while since I gamed but today's Saturday afterall...

I'm taking the day off..

First stop, try to get Wesker injected with an overload of the serum that helps keep his 'super-virus' stable..won't be easy. RE5, Chpter 6-3.

Then, NFS. Or any of the emulators.

May post vids of some of my better RE5 boss battles much later.

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
Anyone using pcsx2 (PSX2 emulator)?

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
Yep..but I'll have to update the darned Direct X library much later for the vid plugins to kick in.......I know I should've done this a while back but I'm way too involved with FM to care. :D

Lame I know but I think I just finally fixed up the BEST and the GREATEST formation and tactics ever!!! After so much tweaking here and there..best freekick, corner, throw-in positions, best everything.

WINNING CS style babe! :star:

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i am using my laptop to play dragon age and pes with highest video quality on without any problem so i thought this pcsx2 will be no problem..

Boy was I wrong :lol: I need to use gamebooster to deactivate all background apps and use a big laptop fan to make the game playable, and by playable i meant playing at around 80% normal gamespeed.

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
Has anyone tried out Day Z?

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Milan's current lineup, using pes2012, is totally unbearable. our defense sucks and we don't have a midfield. can't play friends when they're using barca or madrid, gets frustrating. Tried PSG, and wow, yet to lose with them.

I got GOW3, it's really not bad, I like the graphics [played on a fhd tv] and Kratos isn't that boring as some of you say. its a bit similar to GOW2 tho.

I got and finished Arkham city, but I don't know if its just me or was the story line really short? playing with catwoman was really fun tho.

Haven't finished L.A Noire yet, though I got it ever since it was released, but I have too many games to play. It's a really good game tho, cases get harder every time.

Top Spin 4 is incredibly realistic! so much fun in career mode and playing against a friend.

That's my summary of the games I have gotten recently lol

Azzurrii-08

Also known as: LASER.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
Is Alan Wake any good? Think I'm getting that.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Story was short but the challenges are where it's really at!

true, the one against freeze was entertaining. catwoman and harvey dent was fun as well

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i am using my laptop to play dragon age and pes with highest video quality on without any problem so i thought this pcsx2 will be no problem..

Boy was I wrong :lol: I need to use gamebooster to deactivate all background apps and use a big laptop fan to make the game playable, and by playable i meant playing at around 80% normal gamespeed.

I'm on DX 11, but it seems I need to update some specific .dll collection for the video plugin to work since I don't use an nvidia card/chip.

In terms of proc speed, ram..I don't expect any issues.

Gamebooster doesn't do much ime..I've had that program since I got my new laptop and haven't used it more than ONCE. :) Just do the tweaking yourself, check parameters, disable those that aren't necessary so you don't overclock.

Texture-related settings, shadows, anti-aliasing..these are some things that are not vital for gp but hog your proc...

Keep tweaking and find out what's suitable. And try to have multiple plugins as well..my emu actually came with sets inbuilt plus the BIOS files so it was easy.

I should update my DX tomorrow, try an ISO and see how it pans out.

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah, it took about 1-2 hours tweaking the plugins to find a "working" combination.

Gamebooster showed that by disabling all background apps, my lappie work 44% faster, defrag increased the speed further by 15%, the numbers prolly don't mean squat, but being the tech noob that I am, i really think it helps! :lol::fp:

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/war-of-the-roses

This game is entering Beta. I like Paradox and their games but I don't think I'm able to run this with my antiquated piece of crap. However, if you sign up and refer five others, you get definite access into the Beta... so if anyone wants to, go ahead.

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
Slender was fun to try a few times! :D

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Anyone have a dota 2 invite they dont need?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
^ don't you dare play that wretched game :mad:

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
screw you Sage :)

Dota 2 is awesome... and Az I'm still yet to get another key. When Dota 2 first came out they were so easy to get

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah, it took about 1-2 hours tweaking the plugins to find a "working" combination.

Gamebooster showed that by disabling all background apps, my lappie work 44% faster, defrag increased the speed further by 15%, the numbers prolly don't mean squat, but being the tech noob that I am, i really think it helps! :lol::fp:

Forget Gamebooster and the likes..just get TuneUp Utilities, does ALL your sys optimization work for you..you could supervise that manually (if you're a control freak like me :)), or you could auto-schedule. And it gives you more options you won't find on the regular, like registry cleanup and registry defrag....trust me, you don't want to do those two manually..but they are really useful to get rid of 'temp HKEYs' that's left over from program use/removal/modifications and the like.

Even though you're not saying, I can tell you still have fps issues, which LIKELY isn't a function of your machine specs but the PCSX2's interaction with the specs..iow, the Emu settings. You'll need to check your plugins and their settings, use the 2004 BIOS iirc, and tweak the emu settings + activate the speedhacks.

General PCSX2 settings:

forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-English-PCSX2-configuration-guide-v0-9-8

For your fps issues:

www.epforums.org/showthread.php?64737-GUIDE-PCSX2-How-to-Setup-and-Speed-Up-PCSX2-9-7-9-8

Got mine all set up, working great, currently taking care of some lag issues on my Kingdom Hearts 2 ISO.

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
You're welcome!After the first try I became so paranoid, couldn't stop turning around..

..So.. How many pages have you found? ... My most is 4.

2. I was walking between trees and this guy stood there pissing against a tree. I turned around and he was right next to me. :fp:

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
Anyone have a dota 2 invite they dont need?

Apply for the beta on the steam page. It takes a while (a month for me), but it's the most certain way to get it (unless you got 40 dollars willing to put into it).

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
2. I was walking between trees and this guy stood there pissing against a tree. I turned around and he was right next to me. :fp:

Ha ha! Nice! ... You should try playing it late at night with headphones, ultimate horror!

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ha ha! Nice! ... You should try playing it late at night with headphones, ultimate horror!

I do! :lol:

Looking forward to Amnesia 2. :)

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
@ Depreciation

Final fixes for slow emulation on PCSX2 (tested with Kingdom Hearts 2, other games may need some more tweaking)

Av. fps for FMVs ('cutscene' vids): ~50

Av. fps during gameplay: ~58

Min. CPU usage in-play: 76%, max: 94%

Min. RAM usage in-play: 37%, max: 49%. Only the PCSX2 window and WExplorer were open at the time.

Tested with a duo core ~ 2GHz, RAM 2Gb, gcm (graphics cache memory) ~800Mb

Make sure there's adequate space for savestates if you're not using memory cards (shouldn't be a problem..my first ss was approx. 18mb, probly is the standard......savestates are cleaner and easier to work with than memcards imo)

Version: 0.9.7.3xxx

EMULATION SETTINGS

* use default settings for EE/IOP.....ditto, VUs (microVU recompiler!!)

*the part that makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE....GS: leave all as default, CHANGE NTSC and PAL FRAMERATE (LIMIT) TO 199.94 FPS

* tweak GS window to suit your tastes..leave vsync alone!

* the other tweak THAT MATTERS: speedhacks..enable it first. Set EE Cyclerate slider to 3, set VU Cycle stealing slider to inbtw 2 and 3. Enable INTC Spin, Wait Loop, mVU Flag hack and mVU Block hack.

*except you're playing one of the listed games, leave Gamefixes disabled

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm not sure the plugin settings really matter..the emulation settings are most important from my findings. Here are the plugins I use:

Graphics: GSdx 3693....SSE2

Pad: LilyPad 0.10.0

Audio: SPU2-X 1.4.0

Cdvd: cdvdGigaherz 0.8.0 (when you need to dump ISOs from actual PS2 discs, switch to the Linuz ISO Cdvd plugin, if available....whenever you can, try using ISOs..reading from your DVD drive will *surely* slow down emulation)

USB: null plugins (for debugging purposes only, no parameters to tweak...on newer versions of PCSX2 you'll find '1 variable' plugins aka those that do work)

Firewire (FW): same as for USB

DEV9: same as above

-_-_-_-_-_-_:)_-_-_-_-_-_-

Make sure you enable patches/automatic fixes on the main GUI

The speedhacks really affect sound..no matter how you set up the audio plugin the sound will be laggy and will skip at some points :(..at the time I've not discovered any way around this. Apart from that trade-off, everything's great.

Now you can re-live your fave PS2 titles without getting the antique console :lol:..if you're wary of downloading the ISOs, simply get the dvd, dump the ISO (via the technique I mentioned earlier), compress it and viola...it's yours for as long as you want.

Hope these two posts helped.

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:thumbsup: thanks a lot. 58 fps is great, mine is usually 45-50 fps. Will try it later.

Schedule