Filippo Inzaghi Thread

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Pippo has never considered a dribbler but he owned Poulsen twice yesterday and I thank him for that.

Edit
From www.acmilanclub.com

2MB of Pippo versus Sevilla

Edit Haven't downloaded it(having problems with their server) but here's a clip named Pippo Inzaghi by Saloom

(could be the match hichlights considering the date but in the end I don't know)

Last edited:

project1967

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
As announced earlier this summer, Pippo was awarded the trophy "Carriera Esemplare Gaetano Scirea''.
He received the prize today.
Gianfranco Zola (2005) and Gianluca Pessotto (2006) had won the award precedently.

CINISELLO BALSAMO (Milano) - Dopo aver alzato ieri sera a Montecarlo la Supercoppa Europea e segnato il primo gol nel 3-1 dei rossoneri contro il Siviglia, Pippo Inzaghi ha ritirato questa sera a Cinisello Balsamo il trofeo 'Carriera Esemplare Gaetano Scirea''. Inzaghi succede a Gianfranco Zola, vincitore nel 2005 e a Gianluca Pessotto (2006), nell'albo d'oro del premio, giunto alla sedicesima edizione e assegnato dall'Ussi, Unione Stampa Sportiva Italiana, e dal Glgs, Gruppo Lombardo Giornalisti Sportivi. Superpippo Inzaghi, con 201 voti e' risultato il piu' votato nelle 338 schede inviate da giornalisti sportivi di tutta Italia. L'attaccante del Milan ha preceduto il difensore giallorosso Christian Panucci, e l'interista Marco Materazzi. (Agr)

Congrats again Pippo ... And grazie for the goal yesterday :D

:star:

Rosi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi; Baresi; Van basten; Maldini; Buffon
A well deserved award!

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
He is TOO OLD + INJURY PRONE + A DIVER with NO skill. How could he win another award. This is disgraceful. Messi should've won it.

Rosi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
1. This award is given to players who play in the Italian league
2. It's an award given to players who show great dedication and loyalty to their club as Scirea was known to have been a player of this type ( i remember him well even though i was still young but u havent been yet born!! )
3. The fact that he is 'old' makes him more prone to win this award. Loyalty is shown especially by a player who has experience and has remained in the same club for a good number of years ....
4. Regarding the 'no skill' I wont comment!

So what the hell has Messi to do with all this??!!

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Rosi nevermind champ... you don't get the joke nor the sarcasm.

Rosi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Oops!!! Ahahah!

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
i think he's found his best performance again.. love pippo anyway..

Last edited:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Victoria, un altro amore di Inzaghi

667_25.jpg

La Difesa Petroff (un'apertura di scacchi classica) non ha potuto alcunchè. Anche lui, Filippo Inzaghi, è caduto nella rete della biondissima modella russa Victoria Petroff. Lo ha rivelato direttamente lei, ultima arrivata sull'Isola dei famosi. Sposata, in attesa di separazione e in attesa di trovare un posto fisso in tivù per entrare più spesso nelle case degli italiani. "I giornali hanno parlato di noi e Pippo si è allontanato - ha raccontato -. E pensare che giurava di adorarmi".​
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
I just posted this story because of the pic. ;)

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Down, boy.

Looks like she'll be starring in Virtual Mannequin 2.0.

Gattuso #8

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
MilanoMichael said:
Victoria, un altro amore di Inzaghi

667_25.jpg

La Difesa Petroff (un'apertura di scacchi classica) non ha potuto alcunchè. Anche lui, Filippo Inzaghi, è caduto nella rete della biondissima modella russa Victoria Petroff. Lo ha rivelato direttamente lei, ultima arrivata sull'Isola dei famosi. Sposata, in attesa di separazione e in attesa di trovare un posto fisso in tivù per entrare più spesso nelle case degli italiani. "I giornali hanno parlato di noi e Pippo si è allontanato - ha raccontato -. E pensare che giurava di adorarmi".​
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
I just posted this story because of the pic. ;)
who is she :D ?

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
i use google tool , the translator from Italy to English , am not sure if that model is a he or she . :D

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
Inzagol matches Muller record

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Pippo Inzaghi matched Gerd Muller’s record of 62 European goals and admits he was feeling frustrated on the Milan bench.[/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“As far as I am concerned, the records that really matter are the two Champions League trophies I won with Milan. Aside from that, the records are fun to throw at people who say our strikers are too old,” smiled the veteran.[/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Inzaghi has netted 62 goals in UEFA competitions in just 97 games and is also just one shy of Andriy Shevchenko’s total of 34 continental goals for Milan.[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“It would be nice to beat Sheva’s tally, as he was a great teammate of mine and friend, so I would be pleased to do that.”[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Super Pippo came off the bench when it was still 0-0 away to Shakhtar Donetsk, but scored two and set up another for Kaka.
[/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“I play in a team that has allowed me to score many goals. Altruism isn’t one of my top characteristics, but it was right and Kaka did very well,” laughed the former Juventus star.
[/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“He even gave me back a perfect assist later on. Without this squad I never would have achieved these records in Europe.[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“Andrea Pirlo also did brilliantly, as he knows me so well. The moment I stepped on to the field he told me to go deep, as their defence would struggle with that.”[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]It was Inzaghi’s first goal since September 18, but he has barely played recently, left on the bench in favour of an inconsistent Alberto Gilardino.
[/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“I have been in good shape for two weeks and was just waiting for my moment. I was suffering, as we lost against Roma and I hoped my time would come soon.[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“I believe that hard work pays off and when I am in good shape, I can really make a difference. I am convinced results do come from hard training.”[/font]

[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]source:Channel4[/font]​

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Congrats Pipo, you're my man

[/font]

Last edited:

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
pippo has always shined for us in CL :)
just hope he helps us out in serieA as well
great game thnx to inzaghi

Rosi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BMWTaylor said:
He only tied Muller's record? I thought he'd passed it.

I read that he is 7 goals away from Muller's record ....

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Uefa.com said:
Inzaghi still going strong at 62

Last time Filippo Inzaghi scored two goals in a European game, AC Milan defeated Liverpool FC 2-1 in the UEFA Champions League final to lift the trophy in Athens five months ago. His double strike in the 3-0 win against FC Shakthar Donetsk on Tuesday may not be as important but the game will always be special for the Rossoneri striker as it saw him equal Gerd Müller's record of 62 UEFA club competition goals.

'Real records'
Inzaghi came on as a 63rd-minute substitute and three minutes later broke the deadlock after an astute pass from Andrea Pirlo. The striker then made the second goal for Kaká and sealed the win in added time to equal Müller's record. "The two UEFA Champions League trophies I won with Milan are the real records for me," the 34-year-old said. "The nights in Manchester and Athens will always have a special place in my heart. Still, I like to break records and prove people wrong who say I'm too old."

Grateful striker
Inside the penalty box he is as selfish as a predatory striker should be but he was quick to share the plaudits for his record with his team-mates. "I have been lucky enough to play in this team for many years," he added. "Without my team-mates I would have never scored so many. As soon as I came on, [Andrea] Pirlo told me to go deep to put their defence in trouble and soon afterwards he gave me a great ball. Kaká also provided a perfect assist to let me score the third."

Lean spell
Inzaghi had not scored since 18 September with Alberto Gilardino's return to form forcing him on to the bench in recent weeks. "He worked hard even though I didn't give him the chance to play," coach Carlo Ancelotti said. "He was great both on the pitch and while preparing for this game." Gilardino is in good form and Ronaldo will resume playing soon, but should Milan reach the final in Moscow, Ancelotti will certainly think twice before starting without Inzaghi in attack.

Uefa.com said:
Inzaghi's Muller magic sees off Shakhtar

AC Milan lifted themselves clear at the Group D summit as three second-half goals earned a flattering 3-0 victory at FC Shakhtar Donetsk, on a night when Filippo Inzaghi equalled Gerd Müller's record of 62 UEFA club competition goals.

Proven class
Scoreless at half-time, the UEFA Champions League holders made their class tell after the restart, and it was substitute Inzaghi who did much of the damage. Introduced on 63 minutes, he took just three minutes to find the breakthrough, thrashing the ball into the corner of the net after being released by Andrea Pirlo. Kaká added a second soon after, before Inzaghi sealed the win in added time.

Liedholm honoured
The crowd had observed an impeccable minute's silence in honour of Milan legend Nils Liedholm who died on Monday at the age of 85. In freezing temperatures in Donetsk it was heart-warming stuff and both teams began with purpose. Serginho tested Andriy Pyatov with a long-range effort before the hosts could pose a threat themselves. But having warned his players before kick-off about the need to improve their defending at set-pieces, Mircea Lucescu's side then went close twice themselves from dead-ball situations.

Dead-ball threat
Răzvan Raţ fizzed a free-kick narrowly wide from nearly 30 metres on eight minutes, and when Milan committed a foul nearer the touchline soon after it was Jadson who took charge. The forward delivered a pinpoint cross that Dmytro Chygrynskiy, in space, contrived to direct straight into the arms of Dida. Milan were lacking their usual creativity but a simple long ball almost proved deadly – Alberto Gilardino collected possession inside the box but had his shot well-blocked.

Serginho struggle
Gilardino threatened again midway through the half, Serginho's cross just evading him, yet gradually Shakhtar came into their own as memories of their 4-1 defeat in the reverse fixture a fortnight ago faded. Milan left-back Serginho was struggling to cope with the presence of Darijo Srna and Ilsinho and the latter released Cristiano Lucarelli, whose attempt was blocked by Alessandro Nesta. Srna forced Dida to tip his screaming goal-bound effort to safety. The visitors ended the half on top, though, and if Shakhtar briefly redressed the balance soon after the restart when Fernandinho squeezed a shot just the wrong side of the upright, Milan began to show their quality.

Warning
Massimo Ambrosini gave significant warning when he hit the post following Pirlo's free-kick on 56 minutes, yet Shakhtar did not heed it and were soon punished when Inzaghi pounced. Forced into action, Lucescu's men went close as Brandão tested Dida with a header, but on 72 minutes Kaká made theirs an almost impossible task as he fired in after being teed up by Inzaghi. With Ukraine's prime minister Viktor Yanukovich in the crowd, Shakhtar refused to wilt and Jadson, Srna and substitute Olexandr Gladkiy all threatened, yet Inzaghi completed their misery in the third minute of added time – receiving the ball from Kaká and driving in as Milan went three points clear in Group D.

Now that's something :star:

Rosi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, caccia al record d'Europa
E' a -7 da Muller: "Io ci tengo molto"

La doppietta di Donetsk ha reso Filippo Inzaghi sempre più bomber d'Europa. L'attaccante milanista ha raggiunto quota 62 reti nelle competizioni continentali, a soli 7 gol dal record assoluto del tedesco Gerd Muller. Un primato raggiungibile, che fa gola a Superpippo: "Tengo molto ad arrivarci", ha detto. La prossima tappa si chiama Lisbona, per aumentare il bottino personale e far sognare il Milan.

Le notti d'Europa sono da sempre le sue notti, ma la gioia mancava da molto. Sempre da una gara di Champions, quella d'esordio contro il Benfica del 18 settembre scorso. Troppo, per uno come Pippo, abituato a far sognare i tifosi rossoneri. Eccolo che, tre minuti dopo l'ingresso in campo, è arrivato l'appuntamento con il gol, ripetuto poi nei minuti di recupero.
E' arrivato a quota 62 reti tra Champions e Coppa Uefa, una cifra impressionante, ma ora vuole entrare definitivamente nella storia: in quella del Milan e poi in quella d'Europa. Manca un passo per raggiungere Andryi Shevchenko nella classifica dei bomber europei rossoneri, mentre ne servono altri sette per andare a riprendere Gerd Muller e i suoi 67 gol nelle coppe, tutti messi a segno con la maglia del Bayern Monaco.

"Il massimo sarebbe diventare il miglior bomber d'Europa di tutti i tempi con questa maglia", ha detto Superpippo, che inizia ad intravvedere il traguardo. La possibilità c'è, magari già in questa stagione, se la squadra di Ancelotti dovesse ripetere l'exploit dell'anno scorso, quando fu proprio Inzaghi a regalare la Champions al Milan con la doppietta nella magica notte di Atene.

Ancelotti: "Inzaghi? Come sempre"
"Per Ronaldo faceva troppo freddo"

Un Milan che in Champions è sempre targato Filippo Inzaghi. Carlo Ancelotti commenta l'ennesima prodezza (doppia) che ha aperto la strada alla vittoria rossonera con lo Shakhtar: "Ha sofferto in questo periodo - ha detto - Ma è stato bravo a farsi trovare pronto". Sulla gara: "E' venuta fuori una partita equilibrata e un po' statica e Inzaghi l'ha aperta". Ronaldo non ha giocato: "Faceva freddo, non ho vouluto rischiare".

Era fiducioso perché lontano da San Siro e soprattutto in Champions League il Milan riesce sempre a vincere e, soprattutto a segnare. Se nella scorsa gara contro lo Shakhtar era stato il turno di Gilardino, nel "ritorno" in terra d'Ucraina a salire sugli scudi è stato Filippo Inzaghi, messo un po' in disparte nell'ultimo periodo ma capace di far pendere l'equilibrio della gara dalla parte dei rossoneri. "La partita è stata condizionata dall'atteggiamento prudente dello Shakhtar nel primo tempo - ha detto Carlo Ancelotti -Ne è scaturita una partita statica. Il gol di Inzaghi l'ha aperta, loro si sono sbilanciati e abbiamo colpito in contropiede".

Sulle prodezze di Superpippo: "Inzaghi ha lavorato molto bene in questo periodo nonostante non abbia giocato tanto, è stato un professionista, ha sofferto non poco ed è stato molto bravo a farsi trovare pronto, come sempre". Tutti, però, aspettavano l'esordio stagionale di Ronaldo che, invece, è rimasto comodamente in panchina: "Visto come si era messa la partita, ho usato prudenza perché viene da mesi di inattività e con questo freddo non era prudente farlo entrare".

Poi sulla incredibile coincidenza, o non, di un Milan convincente lontano da San Siro: "E' difficile anche per me stabilire la differenza di rendimento. E' un momento positivo, è tre partite che non prendiamo gol. La squadra sta ritrovando continuità, dietro siamo stati ordinati e questo è un segnale di rinnovata fiducia".

The bold sentences in Italian mean that he is still 7 goals away from Muller's record .... anyway dont reallY know who is right! FORZA PIPPO! FORZA MILAN!

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
Calcio Debate: Is Inzaghi An All-Time Legend?

Last night Filippo Inzaghi matched Gerd Muller’s European record of 62 European goals. Carlo Garganese asks if the prolific Milan hitman is now finally going to gain the recognition as one of the greatest strikers of all time…

Ever since bursting onto the European scene just over a decade ago, Pippo Inzaghi has always divided opinion.

There has been the constant and frustratingly annoying criticism over his poor technical attributes, his lack of strength, and of course his tendency to be flagged offside.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson once famously remarked that “Pippo Inzaghi was born in the offside position.”

However as many people still fail to understand, despite his quite incredible goalscoring record, these handicaps are irrelevant as Inzaghi is quite simply one of the greatest penalty-box strikers the world has ever seen.

I can say without apprehension that there is no forward in the history of the beautiful game that has better movement and striker intelligence than SuperPippo.

His ability to lose his marker, his near-post runs, his anticipation, his knack of being in the right place at the right time, and his sharpness – these are all unrivalled.

The reason he is often offside is because he plays on the shoulder of the last defender and takes gambles that other ‘normal’ strikers would not even know existed. In fact Inzaghi is often too sharp even for the linesmen and if you tried to count the number of incorrect offside decisions that have been given against him over his career you would be occupied until the next millennium.

Unfortunately Inzaghi’s unique talent is often overlooked by the football community, who brand him ‘lucky’ for always scoring ‘tap-ins’ and point to his poor technical ability.

Dutch legend Johann Cruyff has said of Inzaghi, “Look he actually can’t play football at all. He is just always in the right position.”

And this is what being a penalty-box striker is all about!

The result is that Inzaghi is now level with the great Gerd Muller as the top goalscorer in European club football history. Inzaghi’s 62 strikes in 97 games means that he virtually scores two goals every three games – a quite sensational ratio.

SuperPippo’s brace against Shakhtar Donetsk last night also means he has now scored 41 Champions League goals in 69 appearances.

The 34-year-old also has a superb international scoring record, having hit the back of the net 25 times for Italy in 57 appearances. This total would surely be higher, had it not been for the plethora of world-class forwards in the peninsula over the past 10 years.

All in all Inzaghi is fast approaching 250 career goals, having played less than 500 games.

He has won virtually all of the prestigious trophies that there are to win in football – the FIFA World Cup, the Champions League (twice), the Scudetto (three times), and this December has the chance to add the World Club Cup to his bulging trophy cabinet.

It is also important to note that Inzaghi is a big-game player and he has always scored in the matches that really matter. You only have to look at last May's Champions League Final against Liverpool for evidence of this.

All these records and statistics speak for themselves, however still some people question the brilliance of the man.

At the age of 34, clearly Inzagol is not the player he once was, however judged on his substitute performance last night, he still has a hell of a lot to offer.

During the summer ‘The King’ himself, Pele, passed this tribute to Inzaghi:

“I don’t know if Milan really need a striker. They have Inzaghi, who is incredible! I thought it would be fantastic if I could bring Pippo to Santos. With him at the centre of the attack, we’d win five titles on the trot.

“There are no defenders in the world able to mark him, as he always seems to score.”

SuperPippo is undoubtedly one of the greatest strikers of all time – and we may not see a player in his unique mould for many years to come.

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=472892

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
:proud: :proud: SuperPippo is undoubtedly one of the greatest strikers of all time – and we may not see a player in his unique mould for many years to come.

Some people dont know what we have here. He still has it even at the age of 34. He just needs more oppertunities to show it

chelitalia

entre los dos
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rossoneri - Azzurri - Sheva - Rui Costa
Samir010 said:
Calcio Debate: Is Inzaghi An All-Time Legend?

:star: I bet he would have an even better record had he not been out injured during his prime. Forza Pippo! :proud: