I'll just leave this here.

DNUU5sKW4AEJD5t.jpg

boy, that's awful to look at.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
galliani wasted 90 million in the summer of 2015, this guy outdid him.

this is what happens when you sign nobodies to lead your project, they should have thrown money at paratici or someone similar who's actually known and well accomplished.

To be fair Marotta and Paratici failed miserably in their first season at Juve and most fans wanted them to be fired. No one could anticipate what would happen the following years.

So while things look terrible in the moment, the jury on the project is still out.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To be fair Marotta and Paratici failed miserably in their first season at Juve and most fans wanted them to be fired. No one could anticipate what would happen the following years.

So while things look terrible in the moment, the jury on the project is still out.

Exactly, fans have a very short memory. :lol:
Juve and Inter wasted money on a lot of players before they started playing anywhere near good.
Same goes for Real, ManCity and virtually any other team in the world.

Someone expected all of our signings to succeed?
Their fault for not knowing how football works.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
someone expected that only 1 signing(borini) will succeed?

good for them for knowing how milan work.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'll just leave this here.

DNUU5sKW4AEJD5t.jpg

Are you trying to show us how much harder it is going to be this season???

Because all that is showing me is, we had more games to cover ground on less points then we do today. If anything this is evidence that we might not qualify for top 4

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Are you trying to show us how much harder it is going to be this season???

Because all that is showing me is, we had more games to cover ground on less points then we do today. If anything this is evidence that we might not qualify for top 4

It's a "form" table from the last 6 games.
Our form will definitely improve cause Montella found the formation that works more or less.

While the form of those top 5 teams will definitely drop.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's a "form" table from the last 6 games.
Our form will definitely improve cause Montella found the formation that works more or less.

While the form of those top 5 teams will definitely drop.

Apologies thought you were showing something else. Thought it was the table from 12/13 before we started making the come back. How many points off were we from qualifying at the worst point of that season? anyone know?

I can't see our form changing to 6 wins in a row anytime soon with Montella, and it's a very unfavorable position to wait on other teams to lose. but that's where we are at I guess

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
This management duo has proven to be just as bad if not much worse at wage management and squad construction as the previous duo in their senile years.

so you have decided this three months into their first season?

is this final?

shortsightedness of fans is the biggest problem of the duo, not building a great squad.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Exactly, fans have a very short memory. :lol:
Juve and Inter wasted money on a lot of players before they started playing anywhere near good.
Same goes for Real, ManCity and virtually any other team in the world.

Someone expected all of our signings to succeed?
Their fault for not knowing how football works.

People are being absolutely ridiculous.

omg our players are shit omg our management are shit omg none of the players will succed omg etcetc

It take YEARS to build a football team, anyone who isn't a complete n00b will understand that. It doesn't even have to be said.

It was a bold move to revamp the who squad in the first mercato, but it will benefit us in the long run, even though the first season will be tough.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Dream scenario would have been if they'd hired a WC coach like Conte or something. Since Montella didn't show anything special in his first season, i think they would have if there was someone available.

But I also understand if no established coach would want to take over a completely new and unproven group of players. It's just not a wise career move, unless you get a shit load of money.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People are being absolutely ridiculous.

omg our players are shit omg our management are shit omg none of the players will succed omg etcetc

It take YEARS to build a football team, anyone who isn't a complete n00b will understand that. It doesn't even have to be said.

It was a bold move to revamp the who squad in the first mercato, but it will benefit us in the long run, even though the first season will be tough.

Agreed.

But now that the "foundation" sort of say has been built, I expect our transfer to have more directions.

I hope our next transfers addresses specific needs from managers rather than just because a good opportunity came up (i.e. Bonucci).

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Hope this is not an encore to their Inter stint.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Agreed.

But now that the "foundation" sort of say has been built, I expect our transfer to have more directions.

I hope our next transfers addresses specific needs from managers rather than just because a good opportunity came up (i.e. Bonucci).

Totally. Next will be a great striker, they already tried this summer, but the price was too high.

I've been reading a lot of criticism that they didn't adress the biggest issue post mercato, the striker. And although it's a legitimate standpoint to think otherwise, a team should be built from the back IMO.

What would have been the alternatives?

Use the Hakan, Kali and Silva money to buy one striker? Then we'd only have Cutrone as back up and even worse depth in midfield. Bonucci and Silva money would have meant a great striker, but I don't think anyone in their position would've said no to Bonucci.

And what was our realistic alternatives in attack? Belotti and Aubameyang - all respect to them but it's not like bringing Ibra to carry the team.

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Totally. Next will be a great striker, they already tried this summer, but the price was too high.

I've been reading a lot of criticism that they didn't adress the biggest issue post mercato, the striker. And although it's a legitimate standpoint to think otherwise, a team should be built from the back IMO.

Use the Hakan, Kali and Silva money to buy one striker? Then we'd only have Cutrone as back up and even worse depth in midfield. Bonucci and Silva money would have meant a great striker, but I don't think anyone in their position would've said no to Bonucci.

And what was our realistic alternatives in attack? Belotti and Aubameyang - all respect to them but it's not like bringing Ibra to carry the team.

i don't think striker is the position that we need a player most urgently.
first we need to settle on the way we want to play so we have a clear vision of what we lack.
and in any way I think the most urgent place we need improvement is midfield. when you see the team to try long passes from defence to attack and depending on individual brilliance to create chances then you understand that you are missing something in midfield.
also if we are going to target a top striker in January then it means that we must sell one of kalinic-andre silva

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
i don't think striker is the position that we need a player most urgently.
first we need to settle on the way we want to play so we have a clear vision of what we lack.
and in any way I think the most urgent place we need improvement is midfield. when you see the team to try long passes from defence to attack and depending on individual brilliance to create chances then you understand that you are missing something in midfield.
also if we are going to target a top striker in January then it means that we must sell one of kalinic-andre silva

i disagree

a great ST would mean the world for this team atm

wouldn't mind another midfielder either though

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
A top striker is BY FAR the biggest need of this team and has been so for the last 5 years.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

Agree with this but who is Ibra-like that can cover up the flaws of a sputtering attack singlehandedly.

I also think this has long been Milan's problem since the fall of our great teams. The reliance of the soloist has led us to this predicament. We need a team that gets results based on system and then you can always spice it up with class as we go.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
so you have decided this three months into their first season?

is this final?

shortsightedness of fans is the biggest problem of the duo, not building a great squad.

They may learn from this(if they get a 2nd chance), but no it's not too early to judge their current squad construction ability and the wage structures they've set.
This wasn't a normal mercato. More than 200m on transfer fees. Hefty salaries to attract players. 11 expensive signings.
They had the power and intention to reshape the squad how they wanted, and we end up with same main weaknesses as before. Not a single quality mezz'ala - only an okayish 20yo one. LBs with no athleticism. Midfielders with no athleticism, except the 20yo. Attackers with no athleticism, bar one(Borini). Ordinary AMs/pseudo-midfielders. Borini as best LW option. A bunch of CFs, but not a single reliable goal scorer among them. Still dependent on a Suso that simply can't be part of a team with a pressing game worth it's name. etc etc

It would be unreasonable to expect them to solve all the problems of a squad in one mercato, but the squad has barely improved.

Only good excuse they may have is that they gave Montella the benefit of the doubt. But Montella wasn't eager to abandon the 4-3-3 of last season, was he? Or were they actually building for a 4-3-3 when deciding to spend 6m of the transfer budget on wingers?

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
They may learn from this(if they get a 2nd chance), but no it's not too early to judge their current squad construction ability and the wage structures they've set.
This wasn't a normal mercato. More than 200m on transfer fees. Hefty salaries to attract players. 11 expensive signings.
They had the power and intention to reshape the squad how they wanted, and we end up with same main weaknesses as before. Not a single quality mezz'ala - only an okayish 20yo one. LBs with no athleticism. Midfielders with no athleticism, except the 20yo. Attackers with no athleticism, bar one(Borini). Ordinary AMs/pseudo-midfielders. Borini as best LW option. A bunch of CFs, but not a single reliable goal scorer among them. Still dependent on a Suso that simply can't be part of a team with a pressing game worth it's name. etc etc

It would be unreasonable to expect them to solve all the problems of a squad in one mercato, but the squad has barely improved.

Only good excuse they may have is that they gave Montella the benefit of the doubt. But Montella wasn't eager to abandon the 4-3-3 of last season, was he?
agreed

Or were they actually building for a 4-3-3 when deciding to spend 6m of the transfer budget on wingers?

:lol:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
So conclusion drawn after three months is that the squad has barely improved. :monto:

We have so smart people in RnB

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
i disagree

No

A striker wouldn't do anything with this team. He cant carry the game alone.

Didn't you see how cutrone or silva play when thay we play single striker role. Way too isolated. Same situation with Bacca last year.

A great striker will win for us some games alone by himself but in long term the results are same when people figure him out.

When the team function fluently, the strikers will score. It's a right decision to buy a striker next summer and build the team from the back.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Milan ain't buying shit next summer, why would fassone declare that milan will sell 1-2 players if they miss out on the CL and then spend 70+ million on a striker?

I expect donnarumma and one of our hyped players like silva or romangoli to get sold, that's an easy 100 million. That money will then be used to cover losses, not sign a big name striker.

I do expect them to make small scale signings, but I definitely don't expect any significant signings to be made.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
No

A striker wouldn't do anything with this team. He cant carry the game alone.

Didn't you see how cutrone or silva play when thay we play single striker role. Way too isolated. Same situation with Bacca last year.

A great striker will win for us some games alone by himself but in long term the results are same when people figure him out.

When the team function fluently, the strikers will score. It's a right decision to buy a striker next summer and build the team from the back.

Orrrr, a great striker can make the rest of the team function better.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Milan ain't buying shit next summer, why would fassone declare that milan will sell 1-2 players if they miss out on the CL and then spend 70+ million on a striker?

I expect donnarumma and one of our hyped players like silva or romangoli to get sold, that's an easy 100 million. That money will then be used to cover losses, not sign a big name striker.

I do expect them to make small scale signings, but I definitely don't expect any significant signings to be made.
most likely scenario....sad but true

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i disagree

A top striker is BY FAR the biggest need of this team and has been so for the last 5 years.

im not saying that a top striker will not improve the team.
obviously he will.
but the team needs to function better first in order to start talking about the player who is going to finish your chances.
sure a top striker can score from nothing but seeing the performances this is not why we lost most of our matches.
also like I said before if we are going to sign a top striker it means that someone between andre silva-kalinic must be sold.