Tiemoue Bakayoko Thread

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
he's been one of our best performers ever since the initial biglia injury. at this point if we had to sell Kessie to keep Bakayoko, I'd do it in an instant

Totally this. Kessie has been average, some good games some poor games. Bad decision making and wasteful. Could be down to the coach but if we can get 40m for him then run to the bank.

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
wbSXjSr.gif

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agree, would keep him and sell Kessie. Big, strong, decent technique for that kind of player, can tank past few players with his quick accelerating.
If we intend to keep him then we need more attacking minded/technical midfielders around him, in RMF/LMF positions

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No way we will find a better midfielder for 35M than him. If this management is going to leave him at Chelsea but then invests 25M on Sensi I'm going to Milano to punch some faces.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agree, would keep him and sell Kessie. Big, strong, decent technique for that kind of player, can tank past few players with his quick accelerating.
If we intend to keep him then we need more attacking minded/technical midfielders around him, in RMF/LMF positions

Kessie is more important for our game though, Baka is good but from this seasons experience I rather play without him than without Kessie.

Finding a better b2b that offers the same movement and workload as Kessie is even harder than finding a better CDM than Baka

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kessie is more important for our game though, Baka is good but from this seasons experience I rather play without him than without Kessie.

Finding a better b2b that offers the same movement and workload as Kessie is even harder than finding a better CDM than Baka

No, he is not... maybe at the beginning, now surely not.

We dont need to find a b2b with the same movement, we need to find someone more attacking oriented. Needs to be a lot better in attack (so easy that you can find one in supermarket) and slightly worse in defence.
Someone with Hakan's defensive skills would do.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Kucka 3m. Grazie

Someone like Barella maybe? Kessie is horrible in offense. He gets himself in good positions and then fucks up royally. Defensively, we need Baka more than him.

Both of them together makes us too static... I think it might only work in double pivot for 4-2-3-1 and only if we have fast wingers + very good trequartista in the hole.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I think if it happens that the Bakayoko out/Sensi in deal will horrify us at first but maybe pan out in the end.

For my money I hope we redeem Baka and buy Sensi as well.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Kucka 3m. Grazie

Someone like Barella maybe? Kessie is horrible in offense. He gets himself in good positions and then fucks up royally. Defensively, we need Baka more than him.

Both of them together makes us too static... I think it might only work in double pivot for 4-2-3-1 and only if we have fast wingers + very good trequartista in the hole.

Is Barella way superior to Kessie offensively? Really? 1 goal and 4 assists vs Kessies 5 goals and 2 assists. Kessie can be annoying as fuck at times but he will probably thrive once our team is able to create more offensively.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Nah Barella is a more useful player to have in your side. Forget the stats, he gives his all for 90 minutes, nipping in and out of every battle. Kessie stays focused for around 60 minutes and then just plays like a primavera player.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nah Barella is a more useful player to have in your side. Forget the stats, he gives his all for 90 minutes, nipping in and out of every battle. Kessie stays focused for around 60 minutes and then just plays like a primavera player.

Didn't Kessie give his all for Atalanta? His issues are mental, I hope they're fixable.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
So they are flooding Milan’s social media accounts with “Redeem Bakayoko” hashtags ... I hope we can & we do!

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Didn't Kessie give his all for Atalanta? His issues are mental, I hope they're fixable.

Not really. Kessie must have started and finished around half of their matches that season. He was often subbed early or subbed in later. He’s a great short duration player, I don’t think he has the ability to stay focused for 90 mins.

Milan is significantly overplaying him. His physical stamina allows him to stay on but his output is really poor later on in the game.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Is Barella way superior to Kessie offensively? Really? 1 goal and 4 assists vs Kessies 5 goals and 2 assists. Kessie can be annoying as fuck at times but he will probably thrive once our team is able to create more offensively.

Stats alone don't tell everything. You can contribute to goals without having the final shot or pass. Also, a couple of Kessie's goals are from PK.

I didn't see too much of Barella, but when I did he seemed quite good. Seems more balanced than Kessie, who is just brute force and no brains.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Would you guys prefer a DM (Bakayoko) that is defensive, physical and breaks up the play or a ball playing? DM (Sensi)

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The position on the field is secondary. We need a physically strong midfielder who can trap the ball and move the ball (Bakayoko), we need a technical midfielder with vision who can pick out great passes (Sensi), we need multiple midfielders with the timing and intelligence to move into channels and score goals (Kessie upgrades).

We might not get it all in one transfer window, but that's ideally where we should be headed.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
The position on the field is secondary. We need a physically strong midfielder who can trap the ball and move the ball (Bakayoko), we need a technical midfielder with vision who can pick out great passes (Sensi), we need multiple midfielders with the timing and intelligence to move into channels and score goals (Kessie upgrades).

We might not get it all in one transfer window, but that's ideally where we should be headed.

That is simply not true, trying to build a squad with players that can relatively play in any position just due some characteristics they have is what got us into this mess.

There's two things we need to do:

- first thing is getting a coach with a clear tactic.
- second thing is buying players tailored made for that specific tactic.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That is simply not true, trying to build a squad with players that can relatively play in any position just due some characteristics they have is what got us into this mess.

There's two things we need to do:

- first thing is getting a coach with a clear tactic.
- second thing is buying players tailored made for that specific tactic.

I don't get you.. All coaches want players of certain characteristics who can fit their tactics. The position on the pitch being important is very much a video game concept.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't get you.. All coaches want players of certain characteristics who can fit their tactics. The position on the pitch being important is very much a video game concept.

i agree. tactics change, formation change even during same game let alone throughout the season. more than position, we need players with good movements and better techniques. for example we have no players who can dribble past opponents, no players who can outpace opponents, no players who can pick passes when players are making runs, no players who can slow down the game when we are out of breath.

baka is somewhat good on holding the ball and getting out of trouble, paqueta seems to be able to do some tricks, suso can send in some good crosses, hakan can switch sides and that's it we have no option to attack or dictate the tempo or break down stubborn defenses. how can we have any identity like this?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
You need to decide wot type of player Mbaka is for you. Give you an example:

The Lazio game, the one we lost, the cup game. Mbaka took the ball from near the centre circle and ran with it, he even did a bit of a Piazza from Brazil '70 in the run-up and managed to get close to Lazio's box... end result was he got fouled and fell.

That for me is a bonus, this is not wot I look to him to do in a game first and foremost... I dont want him to be my Laudrup, I'll go buy a Laudrup.

Now, in the same game, the same half, 2/3 mins later the game was in our half on the righ side of the pitch (Lazio's left), Lazio player was running down the flank and he had a teammate slightly ahead of him who he made the pass to... Mbaka was nonchalantly jogging towards them without any sense of rush or concern, if he had, he couldve intercepted the pass or stuck his leg out and put the ball out of play but he didnt, wot happened was the pass was completed and the other teammate got the ball and put in a dangerous cross... went right past everyone on the 12 yard line.

Thats wot I want Mbaka to do first and foremost... shut down attacks... he's horrible at it.

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
So awfully sorry, I didnt know there was a threshold... how many wud you like me to submit?

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Would you guys prefer a DM (Bakayoko) that is defensive, physical and breaks up the play or a ball playing? DM (Sensi)

Both, I have wanted to play a 4-2-3-1 for a long time and the 2 DM's would be a mix. 1 more playmaking and ball control, and the other more of a powerhouse who is good in the air and breaks plays up. Then in front of them in that CM/CAM spot would be Paqueta to link the midfield with attack

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't see Paqueta so much as a CAM. I think LCM fits him better