Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Alvarez v Gaethje was my favorite fight yesterday. They fucked up each other real nice for 3 rounds :thumbsup:

Medeiros v Oliveira prelims fight was also pretty entertaining and bloody.

Medeiros vs Oliveira is the best fight I've ever seen, blood, high tempo, constantly swinging arms back and forth and BEAUTIFUL sportmanship between the 2, it was just amazing to watch the whole fight

And as Yancy said after the fight, dana, give them that bonus man
EASILY fight of the year

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Yeah, Medeiros and Oliveira were both great guys. I'll be sure to tune in and root for them in their next fight. Good guys with a sense of entertainment.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
GSP will leave the MW division and go back down ( shocking i know )

Bobby vs Luke is up next, awesome match up! Bobby has a chance if Luke keeps them hands low like always, if not its gonna be Luke via prison rape.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Lomo vs rigo free on ESPN tonight. Crazy fight for boxing fans.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
The just bleed god will be appeased this week end:

Robbie Lawler vs. Rafael dos Anjos
Ricardo Lamas vs. Josh Emmett
Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Mike Perry
Glover Teixeira vs. Misha Cirkunov

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
The just bleed god will be appeased this week end:

Robbie Lawler vs. Rafael dos Anjos
Ricardo Lamas vs. Josh Emmett
Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Mike Perry
Glover Teixeira vs. Misha Cirkunov

8rWSPVW.gif

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
I haven't been following any of this UFC crapshow recently, but Anjos vs Lawler is must see TV.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Picking dos anjos to win
Hoping ponzi ko's perry but i am not sure about this one.
Glover should beat cirkunov

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Damn was right about every fight.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Now that was a good event. I wanted to see Perry getting k.o'ed, but hey u can't have everything:D

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Now all I want for the remainder of the year is for Khabib to make weight and I'm happy. Also UFC 220 shaping up pretty well with the double title fights :thumbsup:

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
ish, ish, arggggg

my god womens mma has to go.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
That was a beat down by Khabib, excellent showing

on the ground he's p4p #1 and no one comes close

but the way he was pressuring edson would get him ko'd by conor, but I reckon he'd be smart enough to have a different game plan for mcgregor.

ferguson would get beat by both of them IMO.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Yeah i think Ferguson is the best all round but would get beat by both & I think conor would beat both.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yea not a chance connor beats ferguson. Iron chin. Black belt ju jitsu. Unorthodox standup. Can throw elbows, knees from distance and can wrestle too.
I think connor has a shot against khabib but khabib is too smart to get tooled by connor on the feet. He will find a way to take him to the ground and finish him.
Interestingly khabib vs ferguson to me is very intriguing. Cant pick a winner but if I have to i will go with khabib.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
on the ground he's p4p #1 and no one comes close

but the way he was pressuring edson would get him ko'd by conor, but I reckon he'd be smart enough to have a different game plan for mcgregor.

ferguson would get beat by both of them IMO.

I agree.

The way Khabib carries himself is chin up and hands down and that would be extremely dangerous considering McGregor has one of the best "bursts" where he can finish the fight. Khabib has taken big shots in his previous fights which means he will be vulnerable if he doesn't change his striking significantly. However, Khabib is also extremely tough so if he is able to weather the storm and get close, I think McGregor's grappling is the weakest of the three. I really don't see Khabib changing his style up TOO Much in a short period of time, so it really comes down to whether he can weather Conor's bursts.

Side Note: Miesha Tate is preggers, I guess she's definitely going to stay retired. Poor Caraway :lol:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mcgregor is inferior and loses to these guys in my honest opinion. He is a good fighter but not top 3. Possibly top 5 though.

1) tony
2) khabin
3)) nate diaz
4) barboza too yes. He is a tough sob. Plus he has better jitsu and is more diverse in the standup. 50 50 fight imo
5 ) believe it or not james vick. I dont see him beating this guy. Bad matchup. He needs to control distance to win. This wont work well with vick since connor cant grapple or wrestle.
6) not sure if he can beat paul feldor either. He is super tough. Unorthodox standup and is a lot bigger.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Khabib is just a monster, I don't see Conor winning against him simply because I don't think he could manage to keep the fight away from the ground.

Very happy with his dominant display and I hope he strings together a series of fights now without any injuries.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Mcgregor is inferior and loses to these guys in my honest opinion. He is a good fighter but not top 3. Possibly top 5 though.

1) tony
2) khabin
3)) nate diaz
4) barboza too yes. He is a tough sob. Plus he has better jitsu and is more diverse in the standup. 50 50 fight imo
5 ) believe it or not james vick. I dont see him beating this guy. Bad matchup. He needs to control distance to win. This wont work well with vick since connor cant grapple or wrestle.
6) not sure if he can beat paul feldor either. He is super tough. Unorthodox standup and is a lot bigger.

latest

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Khabib put on a good display, the guy is fucking crazy and strong as a bull. He was eating them chopping kicks like they were tiramisu cakes.

Knew he was going to lay a beating on Barboza as soon as he started taunting him.

Condit on the other hand should just retired, that was a sad fight.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

1) tony
2) khabin
3)) nate diaz

Breh, with all due respect, I don’t think you understand what “better Jiujitsu” means.

Barboza is a brown belt under Ricardo Almeida while Conor is A brown belt under John Kavanaugh. This means neither one had BJJ as their base, aka came in the game as a World Class black belt like Maia / Jacare. They are both guys who took BJJ to supplement their well-roundedness. This is their gi rank, which doesn’t exactly translate to Nogi. And Nogi is not exactly mma.

There are plenty of pure BJJ guys who failed miserably in MMA and were pummeled by average guys, even on the ground. Marcelo Garcia who was an all-time great was destroyed, and never fought again. If you watch Garcia on his daily Nogi rolls with mma and bjj greats, he absolutely trashed them. Another great example was Traven vs Mir. In a pure grappling setting, Mir would be trashed in pure bjj roll, but the focus of bjj and mma is different. Conversely, there are guys who are technically only purple/brown level but can grapple and defend great in mma match.

I know Conor was tapped by Nate. But Nate also came in the game (TUF 5 - though he had a “buzz” and with WEC) already a brown/black level grappler. I really think you are underrating Conor’s bjj quite a bit here, lots of great bjj guys have came out and vouched for him. He’s also done quite well in European IBJJF (pure grappling) Nogi tournaments at purple belt, and that’s the level you start to see really good guys who are already basically beating black belts. I am not a Conor fan, but these are facts.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Being tapped by someone like Nate, especially when you're gassed, doesn't really say much about your BJJ. I haven't really seen Conors ground work, so can't judge.

It would be very interesting to see the match up vs Khabib. Any match up between the three of Conor, Ferguson and Khabib is gold.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Breh, with all due respect, I don’t think you understand what “better Jiujitsu” means.

Barboza is a brown belt under Ricardo Almeida while Conor is A brown belt under John Kavanaugh. This means neither one had BJJ as their base, aka came in the game as a World Class black belt like Maia / Jacare. They are both guys who took BJJ to supplement their well-roundedness. This is their gi rank, which doesn’t exactly translate to Nogi. And Nogi is not exactly mma.

There are plenty of pure BJJ guys who failed miserably in MMA and were pummeled by average guys, even on the ground. Marcelo Garcia who was an all-time great was destroyed, and never fought again. If you watch Garcia on his daily Nogi rolls with mma and bjj greats, he absolutely trashed them. Another great example was Traven vs Mir. In a pure grappling setting, Mir would be trashed in pure bjj roll, but the focus of bjj and mma is different. Conversely, there are guys who are technically only purple/brown level but can grapple and defend great in mma match.

I know Conor was tapped by Nate. But Nate also came in the game (TUF 5 - though he had a “buzz” and with WEC) already a brown/black level grappler. I really think you are underrating Conor’s bjj quite a bit here, lots of great bjj guys have came out and vouched for him. He’s also done quite well in European IBJJF (pure grappling) Nogi tournaments at purple belt, and that’s the level you start to see really good guys who are already basically beating black belts. I am not a Conor fan, but these are facts.

Fair enough but my point is that barboza will still be a tough matchup for him. In addition connor has never ko'd or tko'd a guy bigger than him in terms of size. I am just stating connor's tough matchups and i honestly dont believe he can beat any of the 6 i mentioned barring maybe barboza and even barboza would be a ridiculously hard fight for him. He cuts a lot more weighr too. Enters the ring at about 183 lbs.
Nate would perennially be his nightmare matchup. Dont evem get me started on tony and khabib lol. If anything he has a shot against khabib of all people, purely cause he is the best counter puncher in LW. If khabib rushes in like a ******,he could ko'd but khabib seems to have a steel chin. It hasnt cracked as of yet and i am sure he would come in with a gameplan against canner.
Canner should relinquish the belt and fuck off tbh. Sick of his silly antics.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Barboza has now lost to tony, khabib, cerrone and michael johnson. Maybe he should move to welter as many lw's are having success in welter. Masvidal, cerrone (if he takes proper rest ro recuperate instead of rushing in to fights and rda etc.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Canner should relinquish the belt and fuck off tbh. Sick of his silly antics.

Quoted for truth. Either that or get a fight vs Tony or Khabib asap.

I can understand if the man wants to make money in boxing, it only makes sense, but it's kinda annoying he's holding up the entire LW division at the same time.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dont get me wrong. Connor is a phenomenal fighter. But his heart isnt in the game anymore. Thats one of the main reasons why i believe he wo t win against the cream of the crop like khabib and tony. He isnt dedicated anymore. He is far too rich to even contemplate a return. So he should just go away. Conversely for guys like tony and khabib, their lives depend on what they accomplish in mma. They are more motivated and focus entirely on honing their mma skills.