Coppa Italia SF: Lazio vs Milan | 2nd Leg - 28/02/2018

Zeke

Professional bowler
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Kaka, Romagnoli, Bonaventura
For extra-time?

Any SCORING draw will put us through on away goals. A 0-0 would force extra time and pk's

FORZA MILAN!

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's concerning that we got stuck training indoors. I hope that didn't fuck us too bad for match preperations

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
a possible schedule for May:

3 May - 2nd leg of EL semifinal
6 May - Milan - Verona
9 May - Coppa Italia final
13 May - Atalanta - Milan
16 May - Europa League final
20 May - Milan - Fiorentina

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
a possible schedule for May:

3 May - 2nd leg of EL semifinal
6 May - Milan - Verona
9 May - Coppa Italia final
13 May - Atalanta - Milan
16 May - Europa League final
20 May - Milan - Fiorentina

Winning them ALL

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
My point is:

it would be important to give playing time to other players because we will need rotations if we want to fight for 4th place and EL.

playing always the same starting XI until the end of the season seems very risky to me

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
April can be another crazy month with 1 midweek League game and possibly 3 EL games

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
My point is:

it would be important to give playing time to other players because we will need rotations if we want to fight for 4th place and EL.

playing always the same starting XI until the end of the season seems very risky to me

I think. I THINK, Gattuso might be aware of it. We did field a different set of players against Ludo at San Siro. Tomorrow, both us and Lazio are in the same boat.
Big games on the weekend and the UEL fixture.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
even if you added the bold part, your point is still meaningless.

you can debate if SMS did anything useful against us or not but it's still a very limited sample of games

the player has quality and he can always be a threat

Why? I commented about him being the biggest threat (with Immobile).

We played 2 games and Immobile did great, while sms was bad. ( I would say average if he wasnt 100m or 180m as some said player)...Maybe i still didnt get used to new prices but when i hear 100-180m player, that means game changer for me... which he clearly wasnt in our games vs Lazio.

I agree about limited sample, but my opinion is based on 2 game facts. Either we closed him down nicely, or he wasnt that good vs us

Wrath

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Why? I commented about him being the biggest threat (with Immobile).

We played 2 games and Immobile did great, while sms was bad. ( I would say average if he wasnt 100m or 180m as some said player)...Maybe i still didnt get used to new prices but when i hear 100-180m player, that means game changer for me... which he clearly wasnt in our games vs Lazio.

I agree about limited sample, but my opinion is based on 2 game facts. Either we closed him down nicely, or he wasnt that good vs us

I think you can buy Lazio with 180m. Prices these days are really crazy..

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think you can buy Lazio with 180m. Prices these days are really crazy..

Absolutely...The single fact that players are more expensive than decent clubs is disgusting

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Apparently starting XI will play with King kali instead of super papi.

Why tho? Rino knows best i guess.. if they arent tired then they arent

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
legit I dont think Gattuso is the type to rest important players..i see him telling suso, bona, kessie, etc to dig deep and go to war for 90 mins against any and every opponent every 3 days like their life depends on it

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
1-0 win. Chala scores FK

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
April can be another crazy month with 1 midweek League game and possibly 3 EL games

Last 3 months are always crazy if you are competing at a high level. This is what we want :thumbsup:

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Was there a press conference or anything? any hints on what the line ups will be?

I feel like each department has the chance for one change.

Defence you can have abate instead of calabria.

midfield montolivo can replace either Kessie Biglia or even bonaventura

and attack borini can play instead of suso or hakan while Kalinic or Andre Silva can get
the nod instead of cutrone.

It'll be interesting to see what gattuso does. Honestly though I think the team is
motivated enough that who ever is called on will perform very well so not worried at all

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
~13 more hours.

Can't wait :flame:

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Match day!!!

Forza Milan!!!

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
It's time we stop worrying about this frequency of matches. Its leftovers from the micropenis attitude we've consciously or unconsciously aquired during the dark ages.

We need to WIN this and every other fucking important game for the rest of this season.

Personal goal: EL Champions, fourth in the league and Coppa winners. Fuck all other teams.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
It's time we stop worrying about this frequency of matches. Its leftovers from the micropenis attitude we've consciously or unconsciously aquired during the dark ages.

We need to WIN this and every other fucking important game for the rest of this season.

Personal goal: EL Champions, fourth in the league and Coppa winners. Fuck all other teams.

Forza!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
DAI!
tumblr_p0skttCQZn1rcg6fwo2_250.gif

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

giphy.gif

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Personal preference: League 3rd > League 4th > EL trophy > Coppa trophy.

But I agree absolutely that we mustn't rest players for any of these (unless we lead Arsenal by 4-0 or something after the first leg.) Our players seem to gain energy from wins.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
EL > 3rd/4th serie A > Coppa

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
As a Milan supporter I have a leaning towards rather winning the EL than anything else, it being a cup and all. Nonetheless we've had so many shitty leage seasons in a row that 3rd would taste delicious.

How 'bout both. Forza ragazzi! Romagnoli's rise to dominance, which is a much because of Bonucci as Gattuso, will be a major catalyzer for this teams success.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
EL would be great and it would qualify us for next CL but we must fight for 4th place also.

Coppa Italia is meh, but apparently the club wants it more than i do.