Who will be our #9?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A 3-4-3 could work, a bit like the Belgians formation.
With Rodriguez Bonucci and Romagnoli as center backs. Strinic and Conti wing backs. Kessie and another great cm as midfielders. Suso ( Depay ), Calhanoglu and Immobile up front

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Cheers. Come London I’ll get u a date in few minutes

665308658068484dd41f76408bdee566.gif

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Suso may not be the greatest player and its true he has been off form but lets not pretend that we are a top 4 side OR that we have adequate depth. Selling Suso and signing someone to replace basically maintains the status quo.

Our biggest issue last season bar decent starting eleven players was lack of depth. Selling Suso would just mean that we still need to sign two RWs to just have adequate cover on that position. The team needs to be reinforced, not sell the few decent players (even if they are not world beaters) that we have. Otherwise we will never move from the status quo.

Heck Kessie was almost run to the ground because we didn't have anyone to replace him with. Kucka would have been the obvious choice but this dumb management decided to sell him and for what? A measly 8m?.

I still have doubts about Halilovic and he is at best Mauri level at this point. Whether he proves me wrong, remains to be seen.

The only one we can potentially sell is Donnarrumma because we have Reina but his value atm is at an all time low. People seem to have gotten unrealistic expectations of him just because of how much he earns and the whole Raiola saga. Kid is only 19 so it's obvious he will still make mistakes. Just because he is a wonderkid doesn't mean that he can give 10/10 performances throughout an entire season (especially in a chaotic atmosphere such as Milan). I didn't see the same level of criticism directed at Bonucci who was brought in as a legit WC player and earns the most in the team. Yes he improved as the season went on but he still had major fuckups here and there. The fact that Romagnoli outshone him shows how much below expectations he was.

And thats brings my point about the clubs impatience with younger players. If you are gonna boast about having a youth project don't fucking throw the toys out when said young players have blips in form and make mistakes. Mistakes are expected. And not be afraid to fuckin play them. When guys like Monto keep getting games because of the 'experience factor' even though they constantly put in dog shit performances its only natural that young players would want to leave. We did this with Cristante and now Locatell. What if Cutrone doesn't deliver the same numbers this season? Are fans gonna turn on him too?

Milan needs to figure out what they want. Do they want to get back to the CL quickly or do they want to bring through young players?. Sure you can have it both ways but I am not sure a club so chaotic such as Milan can achieve that. We still need to get our feet on the ground.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
May I make an observation, Sean? Say, listen, not trying to be a prick here or funny with you, I enjoy congo as much as any1 here, guy is a laugh, old member, commands respect and all that... its just at times its hard to tell where he ends and where you begin, chill out a little... be yr own man

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
T Silva is a better defender, plays better long balls, he's stronger, better headers in the box, etc. 2 years older but whatevr

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
He doesnt need to explain jack... you wanted to swap Bonucci for T. Silly

T Silly? I never heard that nickname... dam i didnt know there was hate for T Silva in this forum

Insane. Bonucci fucking Juve lifer who played at least 10 times worse than thiago last season

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
T Silva is a better defender, plays better long balls, he's stronger, better headers in the box, etc. 2 years older but whatevr

: ) Like the man said... glad yr not our SD

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
T Silly? I never heard that nickname.

Oh, I cant take credit, its not mine... picked it up from the forum.

I dont hate Silva, he played good for us and indeed was a solid defender... but I wudnt swap him for Bon-bon today... or even in the past 5 years

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
Oh, I cant take credit, its not mine... picked it up from the forum.

I dont hate Silva, he played good for us and indeed was a solid defender... but I wudnt swap him for Bon-bon today... or even in the past 5 years

Fair..gonna have to agree to disagree.i guess im brazilian so i am a bit biased...but i stand by my comments lol

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
oh, i cant take credit, its not mine... Picked it up from the forum.

I dont hate silva, he played good for us and indeed was a solid defender... But i wudnt swap him for bon-bon today... Or even in the past 5 years

+1

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
A 3-4-3 could work, a bit like the Belgians formation.
With Rodriguez Bonucci and Romagnoli as center backs. Strinic and Conti wing backs. Kessie and another great cm as midfielders. Suso ( Depay ), Calhanoglu and Immobile up front

Strinic cant attack to save his life.

If you wanna play with WBs we need to do better than Strinic.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fair..gonna have to agree to disagree.i guess im brazilian so i am a bit biased...but i stand by my comments lol

You can sit him proudly next to yr Marcio Santos & Aldair. Like I said, good defender

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
You bar-steward... you messed with my 'B' Lol! Lol!

edit: gonna go check all the other times you quoted me. Lol!

look at the b in Basten of your name in the quotation..sometimes it does all lower case letters, idk why

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
look at the b in Basten of your name in the quotation..sometimes it does all lower case letters, idk why

It wasnt a prank? Sorry, Congo... I jumped the gun.

I have noticed the forum going bonkers on txt at times.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Silva is far superior to Bonucci, would do a swap all day

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Do you wanna take this one, congo?

i will be the first to admit that with advancing years comes the onset of both the mutability of time passed and how it's measured or felt..and the fondness with which the years are remembered

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i will be the first to admit that with advancing years comes the onset of both the mutability of time passed and how it's measured or felt..and the fondness with which the years are remembered

lmao was it you who was reciting bible versus? was it even this forum i faintly remember something like that going on

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Do you wanna take this one, congo?

Im sorry I asked you to do this in the 1st place, sit back.. let me:

Oi, Mexes5, I wudnt even swap Mexes if he was still playing for us with today's Silva... let alone Bonucci

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
May I make an observation, Sean? Say, listen, not trying to be a prick here or funny with you, I enjoy congo as much as any1 here, guy is a laugh, old member, commands respect and all that... its just at times its hard to tell where he ends and where you begin, chill out a little... be yr own man

:lol: noted Basten.

Status
Not open for further replies.