:b: when he was younger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aa5de93afe30364e5cc6596b3c493349.jpg

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
We all like Leo because of what he brought to the club, but really if he leaves the project fails? That’s not at all true.

If Leo leaves, we will lose a lot of influence in the Brazilian market. Beyond that, there isn’t anything that we’ll lose which another capable professional can’t fix.

Hypothetically if Maldini leaves, we’ll lose a lot of the goodwill we gained with fans this season. No one else can fix that.

That would be a much bigger loss to me.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
:lol:

Please continue And reiterate how are they going to achieve the maximum profit on our free falling club?

7 years with out champions league.
+80m in red on an annual basis.

all they have to do is sell the club for more than the 350(?) million they spent to obtain it (plus what they spent on it so far)

the club sold for 740 million 2-3 years ago....would be a breeze to double their money

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Paolo Maldini, director of strategic development of the Milan sports area, spoke exclusively on the microphones of "DAZN" for the "Linea Diletta" broadcast with Diletta Leotta. These are Maldini's statements:

Su Gennaro Gattuso: "Me and Gattuso? You must have respect for the person in front of you. We are both there to make sure that the thing works: the views can be different, but our relationship helps to overcome the difficult moments…. I must evaluate his work coldly. We have different roles, we are not teammates ”.

On his role as a manager: “Strategic director of the Milan sports area is a title that can explain so many things or even nothing ... Leonardo took this position of executive at 360 degrees, more than a sports director, and asked me to accompany him in this adventure ... the definition of the role is not important, what matters is that we are at the head of the sports area ".

On his work at Milan: "It is a beautiful challenge, full of feeling ... my sporting life has always been linked to these colors, to this city, so it is the closure of a circle. It seemed natural, but it wasn't said to happen ... ".

On the future of the Rossoneri club: "The next points I will close? To have a Milan that is the protagonist again. It may take some time, but the idea is to have a stadium of property, perhaps together with Inter but at the highest level, in short, it is a long-term project ... ".

On a stressful situation he found himself managing: “A moment in which I was able to manage a team under stress? Oh, before the Manchester final against Juve. We returned to the final after 9 years, many comrades had never been in a Champions League final: I had to pretend to be the quietest person in the world and everyone said to me "what the hell are you so quiet about?" I said "oh you know it's the habit!" and instead I had the fire inside me, but I managed to manage that pressure. They were amazed that I slept: I had taken a pill to sleep (laughs). They are little lies that give security to the group ".

On his son Daniel, star of the Spring: "Daniel is the first playmaker of the Maldini dynasty, he is the only one with those attitudes, as playmaker, goleador. He too is a bit ambidextrous like me. In his character I see some of my things and then in the movements there is genetics because as people see me in my two children, people saw my father in me at my beginning ... ".

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
We all like Leo because of what he brought to the club, but really if he leaves the project fails? That’s not at all true.

If Leo leaves, we will lose a lot of influence in the Brazilian market. Beyond that, there isn’t anything that we’ll lose which another capable professional can’t fix.

Hypothetically if Maldini leaves, we’ll lose a lot of the goodwill we gained with fans this season. No one else can fix that.

That would be a much bigger loss to me.

What makes you think Maldini will stay? And what do you imagine his role will be? To be working under ocampos?

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
all they have to do is sell the club for more than the 350(?) million they spent to obtain it (plus what they spent on it so far)

the club sold for 740 million 2-3 years ago....would be a breeze to double their money

Do you know how much inter sold for?

Do you think 740 was the right valuation for an unhealthy club like ours?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Meanwhile Maldini strongly implies Rino will be sacked.

Maldini a Dazn: "Gattuso? Le vedute possono essere diverse, ma il nostro rapporto aiuta a superare le difficoltà. Il suo operato lo devo valutare in modo freddo. Abbiamo ruoli diversi. Il Milan tornerà protagonista ma ci vuole un po' di tempo"

Short summary is that Maldini says Maldini will have to evaluate Gattuso’s work in a cold dispassionate way, even though their relationship is great. Milan will return to the top but will take time.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There are many ways of analyzing the points table to make conclusions about the quality of the league.

But if you’ve watched Serie A season after season, it’s pretty evident that this season was the most enjoyable and with the most technical quality on display in a very long time. In my view, the best after 2007 or 2008.

When was the last time we saw relegation teams with such technical quality and assured gameplay? Empoli, Bologna post Sinisa, Udinese post Tudor have all been excellent.

Midtable teams with delightful and decisive football for large parts of the season.. Samp, Sassuolo, SPAL.. even Parma till January.

Atalanta fairy tale.

Milan, Lazio, Roma and Inter - all superbly flawed but giving us a great CL race.

Napoli with some of the most clinical performances you’d see around Europe as they grew into a far more tactically diverse team.

I’ve enjoyed this season a lot.

I think what Alo88 meant was that our rivals for the last CL spots have regressed, and it's hard to argue against that. Roma have regressed immensely. So did Lazio, obviously.
Inter have had to deal with even more off-field drama than usual, and it showed on the pitch.

Juve also took a step back this season.

Not sure about Napoli. They did well in 4 CL games. They've been an embarrassment in the 2nd half of the season, in Europe included. They were clinical against Inter, that's about it. I wouldn't draw too many conclusions out of that game. They weren't so clinical against Atalanta a few weeks earlier.
They are a team in transition though. Let's see what Carlo can do next season.

The level of the midtable to 18th placed teams has improved. Agree on that.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Lille sucks, they play terrible football. No to Campos.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What makes you think Maldini will stay? And what do you imagine his role will be? To be working under ocampos?

Elliott will be foolish to fire Maldini, they aren’t foolish to let go of Leo.

Ocampos is just a sporting director, if he comes I expect his role to be much more limited than Leo’s and at par with Maldini’s. Both of them will report to Gazidis.

Maldini should be closer to the squad, Ocampos should be closer to the market.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You guys started making fun of our new SD even before he came to Milan.
It is Campos for gods sake, not damn Ocampos... no need to remind me more on that peasant

Me too, in the absence of any kind of public message from the club.

You don't answer to every media speculation, that gives them power and credibility. The best way to handle any kind of crap rumors is to stfu

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Elliott will be foolish to fire Maldini, they aren’t foolish to let go of Leo.

Ocampos is just a sporting director, if he comes I expect his role to be much more limited than Leo’s and at par with Maldini’s. Both of them will report to Gazidis.

Maldini should be closer to the squad, Ocampos should be closer to the market.

I'm not afraid of Elliott firing Maldini. I think there is more chance of Maldini quitting, after all he came to Milan because Leonardo called him

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Leonardo took this position of executive at 360 degrees, more than a sports director, and asked me to accompany him in this adventure

Interesting, and maybe telling that this was all Maldini said about Leonardo.

I read that as him saying that Leo's role has changed and been downgraded.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:lol:

Funny to see how many conclusions people draw from just a few statements from Maldini.

#RnB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule