Europa League Qualif. Play off Round: Rio Ave vs AC Milan 01/10/2020 21:00 CET

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
everdybody was scared to take on the ball, he was the only 1 asking for it and trying to do something. you need to stop armchair coaching out of your ass

Don't agree

Plenty of people were making runs and he'd just turn around and dribble in circles

Counted like 3 times when he completely stopped attacks by doing so

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Someone said a few pages ago... The banter era had to end this way. In a random small stadium with a muddy field and pouring rain in the 12th PK after so much unbelievable shit happened during the game.

Couldn't possibly happen any other way

:star:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Someone said a few pages ago... The banter era had to end this way. In a random small stadium with a muddy field and pouring rain in the 12th PK after so much unbelievable shit happened during the game.

Beautiful

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
The best part was after Colombo's miss the poor dude hit the post AND THEN REBOUNDED ACROSS THE OTHER POST :lol: :lol: :lol: omggg

can't make this shit up :lol:

Nearly didn't. I was shouting so loud two of my cats woke up and are going crazy as well. Good thing they are Milan fans too.

do cats sleep at night though?

Diaz was shit btw

Had all those tendencies from Suso I hated for so many years

he looks like a mix of Suso and Bonaventura

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
The best part was after Colombo's miss the poor dude hit the post AND THEN REBOUNDED ACROSS THE OTHER POST :lol: :lol: :lol: omggg

image0.gif

Insane :lol:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
^i think he touched it

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
The game went on so long that the team has to spend the night in Portugal because the airport closed.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
The game went on so long that the team has to spend the night in Portugal because the airport closed.

Fuck me..I'd want to gtfo and get home asap...

But I can imagine what it'd be like spending the night in another country in the pouring rain after going through what they went through together. Gotta feel like warriors after an epic battle or something...

I wish there was an equivalent feeling normal people could experience.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score

Yeah but after this do we want it to end ? :lol:

This was the best game in banter era by a mile but pippo's time as coach was probably the peak period as a whole.

campsfield68

Faizan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Too many to name :D
Anyone got the highlights with English commentary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So was Maldini. (They both need more time)

Although Leao looks like he's not playing at the same speed as everyone else. A step slower.

Remember when people (VSheva and Co) were complaining that Tonali was a piece of shit and a waste of money because on his first game he was underwhelming, I wonder if he will give the same treatment to Leao or he will as I mentioned before that Tonali was not at the same fitness level as everybody else. So I cannot rant at Leao either.

D.Maldini? he should not have started especially as CF. I don't mind he getting loaned so he can get experience because with Hague on the fold I don't see him getting any minutes besides Coppa Italia but even then he will be not have the game fitness.

Castillejo? He is coming back from an injury. It is not like he is a world beater. He will be useful but he has limitations. I think Sale-boy has higher upside.

Overall, good that we won but it was intense.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I kind of regret that I turned it off during the shoot out. ��

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi

You don't even need to understand Italian to know how many deaths that fucker Suma has died today :D

i really wish people would trim their nose hair

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Their GK penalty was insanely funny :lol:

Reminded me a PK I loved... The GK make a hand sign challenging Hakan to shot to his right.
Hakan shots a fucking rocket in his right and he doesn't even see a glimpse of the ball :lol:

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
I asked this to a friend who knows this shit... I really thought Milan had made a mistake designating the PKs

But it's actually what you said... Milan needed to take out a shooter cause of "equality of arms"

Phewf :lol:

You would think a quarter century plus of watching football and we'd know these rules by now.....but that's how almost unprecedented this penalty shootout was.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Reminded me a PK I loved... The GK make a hand sign challenging Hakan to shot to his right.
Hakan shots a fucking rocket in his right and he doesn't even see a glimpse of the ball :lol:

I love Hakan.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Phewf :lol:

You would think a quarter century plus of watching football and we'd know these rules by now.....but that's how almost unprecedented this penalty shootout was.

From the top of my head I only remember 2 shootouts that got to a second round for the players... And those are random South American cups

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Remember when people (VSheva and Co) were complaining that Tonali was a piece of shit and a waste of money because on his first game he was underwhelming, I wonder if he will give the same treatment to Leao or he will as I mentioned before that Tonali was not at the same fitness level as everybody else. So I cannot rant at Leao either.

D.Maldini? he should not have started especially as CF. I don't mind he getting loaned so he can get experience because with Hague on the fold I don't see him getting any minutes besides Coppa Italia but even then he will be not have the game fitness.

Castillejo? He is coming back from an injury. It is not like he is a world beater. He will be useful but he has limitations. I think Sale-boy has higher upside.

Overall, good that we won but it was intense.

Never said that, I only said I had some doubts. Of course he needs time, but people have seen him with very high expectations.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
From the top of my head I only remember 2 shootouts that got to a second round for the players... And those are random South American cups

I think there was a shootout Milan were involved with that went to the 9th takers IIRC but i don't remember if it was a competitive game or a friendly.

I've been drinking since the start of the penalty shootout, drank an entire beer in the shootout and haven't stopped since :lol:

Anyone else feeling like an alcoholic right now?

Schedule