Giacomo Beretta Thread

SENSACION7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I personally think he sucks

Alot Better than Zigoni or Odu though.

Zigoni Is Actually Going To See Considerable Minutes This Year @ Genoa. He's Already Netted 4 times In The Pre Season For Genoa. Luca Toni Is Made Of Glass So This Is A Good Move For Him. We'll Buy Genoa's Half Next Year If He Pans Out.

Odu Is Going To Be Good, His First Game Was Decent(vs. Pananthinaijos) He Just Needs More Action, To Get Comfortable, Be More Decisive.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's 18 years old and he unlike Verdi/Odu etc is a physical striker most comparable to Vierri/Toni etc .. These type of strikers mature pretty late ..

Not many such WC strikers exist .. Drogba bloomed after 27-28. Toni bloomed around the same age ..

So saying he sucks at 18 is :head::head::head:

He may take longer to be at his peak wen compared to Verdi and Merkel and co..

Wtf was Borrielo at 18 ?

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
Wtf was Borrielo at 18 ?
A better goal scorer?

But really it doesn't matter at all, great youth players can suddenly fade away, no name youth players can turn into world class stars, and everything in between. I think Beretta has looked better than Zigoni did, but I still think he's got a lot to learn, obviously.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
He's 18 years old and he unlike Verdi/Odu etc is a physical striker most comparable to Vierri/Toni etc .. These type of strikers mature pretty late ..

Not many such WC strikers exist .. Drogba bloomed after 27-28. Toni bloomed around the same age ..

So saying he sucks at 18 is :head::head::head:

He may take longer to be at his peak wen compared to Verdi and Merkel and co..

Wtf was Borrielo at 18 ?

What`s he now 10 years later at 28?A mediocre striker who scored a total of 45 goals in his whole career.

His really not the guy we want our youngsters to turn into.

Last edited:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
A better goal scorer?

But really it doesn't matter at all, great youth players can suddenly fade away, no name youth players can turn into world class stars, and everything in between. I think Beretta has looked better than Zigoni did, but I still think he's got a lot to learn, obviously.

he'll be definetly be learning some stuff. i've got high hopes for him

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
Zigoni Is Actually Going To See Considerable Minutes This Year @ Genoa. He's Already Netted 4 times In The Pre Season For Genoa. Luca Toni Is Made Of Glass So This Is A Good Move For Him. We'll Buy Genoa's Half Next Year If He Pans Out.

Odu Is Going To Be Good, His First Game Was Decent(vs. Pananthinaijos) He Just Needs More Action, To Get Comfortable, Be More Decisive.

I won't really bet on it, Genoa still has Mattia Destro who is also as young as Zigoni and a bit more hyped than Zigoni, it will still be a tough competition for him there..

I'm not that sure with Odu, hope he can do well but he is still very2 raw compared to even Verdi

Didn't really get some the bashing against Beretta :rolleyes::conf:

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
beretta needs to start a friendly he comes on around 70 mins by that time the rest of the team are shattered or we have made alot of subs and its hard to get into the game hopefully we see more of him in the coming weeks.

SENSACION7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Berreta Is Going To Start For The Primavera This Year Now That Zigoni Is Gone, Schenetti Along Side. So This Year Is Nothing Much More Than A Experience Factor, Soak In The International Scene, Hang Out With The Team, Go Through Training, And Since Pato Was Hurt He Filled A Spot ! He'll Be Fine For Our Coppa Italia Run This Year With Andrea DeVito, Fossati, Santonocito, Schenetti, Hottor, Eli, etc...

Forza Primavera Milan !

Baresiuno

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Primavera need some good players too. Last year they finished 2nd in the league, and won the 'Primavera' cup. (think so)
If they do well this season, then again some more players may get promoted into Serie A squad next summer, or even in-season. :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
wow he's barely 18 and you right him off....

god no logic to some of you at all... I'm sure if his name was berettAo you'd be all about him

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
wow he's barely 18 and you right him off....

god no logic to some of you at all... I'm sure if his name was berettAo you'd be all about him

ofcourse, brazilian youngsters are a 1000x better than Italian youngsters and thats a fact.

I think he sucks, clumsy as hell with no pace at all, ive had enough of slow forwards.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
ofcourse, brazilian youngsters are a 1000x better than Italian youngsters and thats a fact.

I think he sucks, clumsy as hell with no pace at all, ive had enough of slow forwards.

:rolleyes:

And this will hold thru for the rest of eternity just like spain will never win a world cup and women will never have right to vote

Pretty sure italy have 2nd best u21 forward in world (balotelli)

edit: I don't really care about him or not, but i think it's ridiculous to right off any 18 year old cause he's not pato.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

And this will hold thru for the rest of eternity just like spain will never win a world cup and women will never have right to vote

Pretty sure italy have 2nd best u21 forward in world (balotelli)

edit: I don't really care about him or not, but i think it's ridiculous to right off any 18 year old cause he's not pato.

Balotelli...and?

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
Berreta Is Going To Start For The Primavera This Year Now That Zigoni Is Gone, Schenetti Along Side. So This Year Is Nothing Much More Than A Experience Factor, Soak In The International Scene, Hang Out With The Team, Go Through Training, And Since Pato Was Hurt He Filled A Spot ! He'll Be Fine For Our Coppa Italia Run This Year With Andrea DeVito, Fossati, Santonocito, Schenetti, Hottor, Eli, etc...

Forza Primavera Milan !

I think Schenetti is being loan out, Berreta will play alongside Uros Palibrk, Simone Ganz and Marco Gaeta.. we have interesting mid although I think Stroppa is probably working a new formation dor the primavera this season as we have plenty new players coming

Madskillz19

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Pato, Maldini, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Hernanes, Giuseppe Rossi, Boateng, Abate.
I was watching Beretta in the U16 championships and he looked very rusty in front of goal but as I've seen him in these games so far he seems to be improving. Not every youngster will burst onto the scene like Pato or Messi

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
how many brazilians under 25 went to world cup? How many played... just ramires and he wasn't first choice...There's good youth everywhere. Italy had a horrible generation recently and world cup is proof. Who's to say what will happen in future. Same can be said of ANY country....Fuck same thing happened to germans in past, spanish, french, english etc.

BTW:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xb200u_italy-vs-usa-21-fifa-u17-world-cup_sport

Doesn't look too slow to me. But hey judge him on 5 mins. He's young, he might have a big future, who knows...

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players

not even a fact in FM :o

:D

SENSACION7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I was watching Beretta in the U16 championships and he looked very rusty in front of goal but as I've seen him in these games so far he seems to be improving. Not every youngster will burst onto the scene like Pato or Messi

I Agree With You. He Had A Nice Little Snap Back Header During The Pananthinaikos Game... He's Got Some Talent, For Some Kids The Light Does'nt Come On For A While.

SENSACION7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
how many brazilians under 25 went to world cup? How many played... just ramires and he wasn't first choice...There's good youth everywhere. Italy had a horrible generation recently and world cup is proof. Who's to say what will happen in future. Same can be said of ANY country....Fuck same thing happened to germans in past, spanish, french, english etc.

BTW:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xb200u_italy-vs-usa-21-fifa-u17-world-cup_sport

Doesn't look too slow to me. But hey judge him on 5 mins. He's young, he might have a big future, who knows...

I Like This ! He Had A Nice Little Burst There. Nice Placement On The Kick. He'll Be Fine For Us. He's Clearly A Few Years Away ! So No Biggie. He Can Stay @ The Primavera For Like 2yrs And Then We Will Be Talking About Him Like He's Da Stuff !

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I Like This ! He Had A Nice Little Burst There. Nice Placement On The Kick. He'll Be Fine For Us. He's Clearly A Few Years Away ! So No Biggie. He Can Stay @ The Primavera For Like 2yrs And Then We Will Be Talking About Him Like He's Da Stuff !

he'll spend 2010-11 in primavera, and then next summer will get opportunity with first team. IF he does well he stays, if not, loan. It aint complicated

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
He just turned 18, a lot of things can happen from now till he is more or less 21. He can develop so much more (as well as become worse or just not have any sort of development). But please before judging him for what 30 minutes? Let him actually suck for a while to give the real assessment.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players

BTW:

and the last time I check Italy u-17 does much better than Brazilian u-17 who played with today's hyped players such as COutinho and Neymar.
and we got two of those Italy u-17 in the primavera, Fossati and Berretta

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
He just turned 18, a lot of things can happen from now till he is more or less 21. He can develop so much more (as well as become worse or just not have any sort of development). But please before judging him for what 30 minutes? Let him actually suck for a while to give the real assessment.

+1
Give this guy a rest. We can't expect every 18 year old to be like Pato at that age. Many other wc players also weren't that great at that age, but with more experience and some years older they also got wc.
Some players need some more time to be that great, others are already at young age. We shouldn't say that Beretta sucks, I don't think that's right, he was really good when he played for our youth teams last season. Just give him some time, he is not used to play with our first team now, but that can be completely different in the future, so don't write him off.

Madskillz19

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Pato, Maldini, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Hernanes, Giuseppe Rossi, Boateng, Abate.
+1
Give this guy a rest. We can't expect every 18 year old to be like Pato at that age. Many other wc players also weren't that great at that age, but with more experience and some years older they also got wc.
Some players need some more time to be that great, others are already at young age. We shouldn't say that Beretta sucks, I don't think that's right, he was really good when he played for our youth teams last season. Just give him some time, he is not used to play with our first team now, but that can be completely different in the future, so don't write him off.

+1

What a great name for a striker "Ohhhhhhh what a shot by the beretta :D"

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Well he wasn't going to play much anyway.

He's co-owned now, as is Boateng, but both are with us this year.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
too bad we're doing all these co-ownerships..... now we have odu, strasser, zigoni, and beretta all co-owned to genoa... too much. hopefully we get bocch for this.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
can't judge him now, he still needs a lot of matches to improve
maybe next season