The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Apparently Napoli agreed to terms with Sampdoria for Torriera. Could be going there to replace Jorginho or Diawara. Torriera would have been a nice addition to our midfield. I think he has a release clause of 25m.

Rather have Diawara or Jorginho

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Reus seems to be the most realistic world class player we've been linked with, and I still don't think Dortmund would let him go.

Ki is a very decent bench option, if Im not mistaken he can play CB too but we have decent back ups at CB already. We might need to get a 3rd starting caliber CB so that Bonucci/Romagnoli can get the rest they deserve, and also the 3 of them can challenge each other all season

Conti fully fit is probably top 2 RB in the league. Granted Calabria is killing it currently. With that being said you can't just suddenly bench Calabria as Conti will need a lot of time for one to get match fit and two to build team chemistry. I think both Conti and Calabria are capable of putting in a good cross with their left foot, so they might both be able to play on the left. Calabria already played on the left under Gattuso and he was average, so maybe trying Conti on the left might be the smarter option, which would also give him the opportunity to attack the goal more often

The backline looks set with Conti/Calabria at RB and RR/Strinic at LB. Maybe they bring in a reserve CB should any of Musacchio, Zapata, Gomez leave. There have been rumors of interest in Iván Marcano (Porto CB who is out of contract this summer). GK department looks set with Reina arriving as well (unless Donnarumma leaves then more money to work with). Most of the moves this summer will probably go into the midfield and attack.

Last edited:

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
You made some very good points, I´d argue that:

- The number of transfers was one of the reasons for the bad first half of the season. I´m personally not convinced that Montella was the one big reason for our bad start.

I dont think anyone has said montella is the ONLY reason. But seeing what a so-called "mediocre" coach can do with such a large change in squad really begs to question montella's capabilities. especially since he knew long beforehand that he was getting a completely revamped squad. its like he saw it coming and did nothing about it. and from how the players talk, montella apparently did alot of nothing.

-being a SD forces you to deal with shady people. It´s the ugly part of the job but you have to be able to deal with these people in a professional way even if they aren´t professional. Escalating it helps nobody.

I feel like this gives credence to folks who've called out Maldini for not taking the spot offered to him. Just because he played with Milan for 25 years, does not qualify him for every single role in the club. Yea I said it. He's an experienced player. But he has no experience in actual club administration. This is why we have Mirabelli. He's been in that position before and has experience. Maldini could have well joined, and learned and one day become our SD himself, but as he said it, he did not believe in the project. imo that's a middlefinger to the new owners and if you don't sense him being salty about not being given the SD position, then you're just naiive.

-I agree that them trying to involve Milan Legend´s is good thing. My problem with Galli´s case is them endangering a part of Milan that did a great job so far, with all the talents there does not seem to be a technical reason to replace him

maybe its time for a change. Who would have thought that keeping montella for the start of this season, would have found us in such a shit form? There's lessons to be learnt in everything. Like not signing Aubameyang. Did I want us to sign him before this season started? Hell fucking yes! Do I want us to sign him now? Hell fucking no!.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li, Hidden Galliani

The fact that Arsenal paid over 60 million for Obamayang is amazing. :lol:

And he is not even going to play in their most important tournament.. huge L

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You can't really judge him based on a new team, in a new league, with a new language, in a team in a tailspin.....many many players in our current team looked like complete shit under Montella....and it's not just him either....Sanchez started looking poor as did Ozil.

yea but, it proves that he's nowhere near what dortmund valued him at and that F&M were right, to never meet that price.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
yea but, it proves that he's nowhere near what dortmund valued him at and that F&M were right, to never meet that price.

If we bought him instead of Silva and Kalinic, we might not have known what a shit coach Montella was because he'd singlehandedly win us a few games....guaranteed. F&M were never right to buy a low volume scorer and a SS who was just becoming a high volume scorer in the Portuguese league....of course I have the benefit of hindsight.

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
Juve denied a clear penalty
2325219a032c110068877fedc2494231.jpg

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
If we bought him instead of Silva and Kalinic, we might not have known what a shit coach Montella was because he'd singlehandedly win us a few games....guaranteed. F&M were never right to buy a low volume scorer and a SS who was just becoming a high volume scorer in the Portuguese league....of course I have the benefit of hindsight.

This is +100 points.

Mirabelli was completely off.

Maybe now most practical solution is Belotti. 40mln+some players. Milanista, fighter... Gattuso tipe player.

I have no idea but without top cf no top results...

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
And you think belotti is the top cf we are should aim for?

He’s still a complementary type of player not the real deal. I wouldn’t pay more than 30m for him. So far he’s one season wonder, never mind all what’s happened to Torino this season.

Rossonero1028

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
What you thinking about Montolivo, Zapata, Abate, Locatelli? Will they stay with us?

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And you think belotti is the top cf we are should aim for?

He’s still a complementary type of player not the real deal. I wouldn’t pay more than 30m for him. So far he’s one season wonder, never mind all what’s happened to Torino this season.

I think our best option at getting a world class CF and, it probably still would be very, very unlikely, is either Cavani (with his issues with Neymar) or Aguero (should City replace him or he loses playing time). Other than that I don't really see a WC forward out there that would be attainable.

Last edited:

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Trashlegri playing his usual trash football. If he lost with that Milan to that Tottenham, no wonder he's blowing against this one.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Trashlegri playing his usual trash football. If he lost with that Milan to that Tottenham, no wonder he's blowing against this one.

He’s the king of winning when he has the immense talent advantage over the other side.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Allegri is still the pussy of the game

Men > boys

match aint over they might still win it but still

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Wanted them to beat Cunte last season = only managed to give pressure
Wanted them to get rid of Jube = humiliated themself in their own stadium

Seems we have to do it by ourself to trash jube and their associates..

Damn..

Sent from my XT1663 using Tapatalk

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Lol at the jinxing in here.

Euromax.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Allegri might not be THE best coach in the world, but overall I feel like he is actually a bit underrated internationally.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Allegri might not be THE best coach in the world, but overall I feel like he is actually a bit underrated internationally.

Internationally Arsenal, Chelsea, PSG and even Real Madrid at one point or another were linked with him.

He's mostly just underrated here thats about it, I wouldnt want him back here but hes not a bad manager

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If we bought him instead of Silva and Kalinic, we might not have known what a shit coach Montella was because he'd singlehandedly win us a few games....guaranteed.

I agree and i'd have expected aubameyang to do that for us... but that's the thing though. did he do this for arsenal?

F&M were never right to buy a low volume scorer and a SS who was just becoming a high volume scorer in the Portuguese league....of course I have the benefit of hindsight.

its puzzling because at the time we werent playing with an SS =S. we still arent.

And it doesnt take hindsight to know that kalinic = horrible transfer. :o

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

I think he's actually properly rated internationally.

Most consider him a top-tier coach.

It's only here that people don't rate him.

He's unfortunate in that he's the best in the world and then one match and he's Giampaolo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule