Andrea Pirlo Thread

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
I cant imagine Milan without Pirlo .. Milan is very atached to him , I am worried that we will miss him tomorow againts Livorno.. lets hope who ever comes will make good job..

FORZA PIRLO!!!

Pranjic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Savičević, Weah, Baggio
We shouldn't even consider letting Pirlo go.He's very important to us and in our current system he has one of the most important roles and does his job very well!I can't see any reason for us to let him go.Pirlo should stay he has a lot more to give ,his best years are coming and he should spend them in Milan.

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
Pranjic said:
We shouldn't even consider letting Pirlo go.He's very important to us and in our current system he has one of the most important roles and does his job very well!I can't see any reason for us to let him go.Pirlo should stay he has a lot more to give ,his best years are coming and he should spend them in Milan.

Absolutly !!!
Ancelotti said once,that he is one of the best players of the world...
I don't think he will leave us.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
besikaka said:
I cant imagine Milan without Pirlo .. Milan is very atached to him , I am worried that we will miss him tomorow againts Livorno.. lets hope who ever comes will make good job..

FORZA PIRLO!!!

We really missed him ...

Vincent Gallo

Beginner
Reaction score
Obviously we missed Pirlo very much. Ambrosini wasn't able to organize the game like Pirlo does. I really think that carlo should have put Vikash instead of Ambrosini in this role.

MilanMania

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Ambrosini
The Livorno match... Does it once again shows that Milan is over reliance on Pirlo?! :head:

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
MilanMania said:
The Livorno match... Does it once again shows that Milan is over reliance on Pirlo?! :head:
I think that's the way Ancelotti formed all his vision and tactics: all centering Pirlo. That's sad actually, cause what happens if Pirlo gets a long injury(like 2-4 months)? What then? Something's gotta change and quick. I'm not saying to change the manager, but I hope actually (cause that's alll I can do) that he'll try something differrent, maybe without Pirlo.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Dida
Pirlo is 0 for 2 from the spot this season... If he misses another, I want to see someone else step up for the next penalty (if we get one :rolleyes: ).

But i gotta admit, that was a killer save from Storari, man was he excited about it

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
SloppyJoe said:
Pirlo is 0 for 2 from the spot this season... If he misses another, I want to see someone else step up for the next penalty (if we get one :rolleyes: ).
Other than Pirlo, the only other regular starter I fully trust with a penalty is Sheva. Seedorf has been stopped too many times to count. However, maybe Kaka would be a good decision for spot kicks. I think we should stick with Pirlo though. I know when the penalty is highly critical (which si wasn't vs. Messina) then he will convert more times than not.

zantetsuken

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko--Maldini
DonippoRuiShevdini said:
Other than Pirlo, the only other regular starter I fully trust with a penalty is Sheva. Seedorf has been stopped too many times to count. However, maybe Kaka would be a good decision for spot kicks. I think we should stick with Pirlo though. I know when the penalty is highly critical (which si wasn't vs. Messina) then he will convert more times than not.
Yeah Sheva is the best at penalty.Remember in the cl final against Buffon

elvis king

Beginner
Reaction score
Supooet Pirlo..

:tongue: He is a good player in milan, but if he can improve to kick P.K, it's better enough...:tongue:

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
zantetsuken said:
Yeah Sheva is the best at penalty.Remember in the cl final against Buffon
Yeah, and Sheva is also better at DirectFK. When was the last time you seen Pirlo scored from a Free-Kick? I think it was in the match with Deportivo(damn bastards).

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
sheva is good from penalties and direk fk,but i think that pirlo is better

S

superman_1899

NeSTa_86 said:
sheva is good from penalties and direk fk,but i think that pirlo is better

yeah he is so good that all his freekick are hitting the woodwork ;)

walid

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva,Costacurta
Pirlo will be out for 2 weeks, i'm not sure if Ambro or Dhorasoo can replace him..

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Dhorasoo has improved and I agree about Ambro..

MilanMania

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
NeSTa_86 said:
yeah i agree

So where is your stand? You said that Pirlo is better than Sheva later you agree with what superman_1899 has said. :conf:

superman_1899 said:
yeah he is so good that all his freekick are hitting the woodwork ;)

Well, you cant really blame a man for being out of form now. I think he is suffering from the post-Olympics curse. :D Anyway, when he is in form, he can be real good =)

MilanMania

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sometimes what Galliani said makes sense

Galliani: No Pirlo, No Milan

Monday 14 February, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan Vice-president Adriano Galliani has described Andrea Pirlo as "irreplaceable" in the Rossoneri line-up.

The Italian missed last night’s 1-0 win at Reggina with injury and his absence was severely felt.

"We’ve not been able to find anybody on the transfer market as an alternative," Galliani stated. "Ariedo Braida and myself haven’t spotted anyone like Pirlo."

The loss of Pirlo is a major problem for the champions and Galliani has urged boss Carlo Ancelotti to recognise that fact.

"He is a player who can’t be replaced, therefore perhaps we should start thinking about playing in a different way," explained the San Siro chief.

"I’m not saying that Pirlo is the best player at this club, only that he has certain characteristics that can’t be substituted by somebody else.

"The four man defence is a characteristic of ours but perhaps there could be some changes made to the midfield.

"I’m not questioning Ancelotti who is a great Coach. I just want to point out that without Pirlo, we haven’t played in the Milan way at either Livorno or Reggina."

Pirlo, who picked up a knee injury in Italy’s 2-0 win over Russia, should be back for the Champions’ League clash at Manchester United next week.

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
r3dman said:
I think that's the way Ancelotti formed all his vision and tactics: all centering Pirlo. That's sad actually, cause what happens if Pirlo gets a long injury(like 2-4 months)? What then? Something's gotta change and quick. I'm not saying to change the manager, but I hope actually (cause that's alll I can do) that he'll try something differrent, maybe without Pirlo.
MilanMania said:
Sometimes what Galliani said makes sense

"I’m not questioning Ancelotti who is a great Coach. I just want to point out that without Pirlo, we haven’t played in the Milan way at either Livorno or Reggina."
Agree very much. Milan should develop a new style of playing without Pirlo. He can't play every match in the league, CL, Coppa Italia...... We have so many games. If Milan can play differently, our opponents may find it difficult to play aginst us. And Pirlo can take some rests. And Milan will not suffer in the games without him.

As I mentioned in Reggina's game topic, I saw Nakamura, midfield of Reggina, played very similar to Pirlo. Anyone notice him also? The main differences are he plays mainly on left side and uses left foot, and have good footwork which Pirlo is lacking. He made many good passes in that game. As I know, he almost kick all free kicks although he doesn't play all the time.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Cescania said:
As I mentioned in Reggina's game topic, I saw Nakamura, midfield of Reggina, played very similar to Pirlo.
Yeah, I've seen him deliver good long passes, but I'm not certain he's as inteligent as Pirlo, as to change the wingof play. Pirlo has the great ability to anticipate the way Milan players are abundent in a certain area of the pitch and change the game to that side. He also anticipates very well the LB and RB(especially Cafu) as they alternate (what I mean is that when LB is up RB is in defence and vice-versa). He also has the great ability to anticipate the way the attackers move and to deliver good crosses(or long passes) to them. Ah, and he improvises a lot, and that's good for a Milan team in which all other players are very predictable. Nakamura can be good as a substitute for Pirlo and I think he'll be getting Milan new fans in Asia and implicitly a lot of money.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a replacement for Pirlo in our team though. It's called 4-5-1 with Kaka and Rui Costa behind Shevchenko. Carletto's keeping him on the bench though.

Pranjic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Savičević, Weah, Baggio
David said:
There's a replacement for Pirlo in our team though. It's called 4-5-1 with Kaka and Rui Costa behind Shevchenko. Carletto's keeping him on the bench though.
Very well put if you don't have a player that can play in Pirlo's position change the system a bit if Pirlo is not available or at least give a chance to someone else(Vikash)and stop playing Ambrosini in that position he has showed in two games this season that he can't fill Pirlo's shoes, everyone is aware of that.On the other hand you have the 4-5-1 which has worked great for us in the past so why not use it :conf:

tmilan

Marius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chiricheș
David said:

PRESS - TASSOTTI: 'Here is no substitute for Pirlo'
2/17/2005
MILAN -La Gazzetta dello Sport spoke to Mauro Tassotti: 'Galliani spoke to me at Reggio Calabria, we knew he was unhappy but Carlo and myself weren't either. We know that if we want to win something we have to improve are game. There isn't a substitute for Pirlo at Milan. Redondo was the obvious one, he was better than Andrea in short passing but less so with long balls. It's something we have to adjust.'

MilanMania

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo is bacl =)

Milan welcome back Pirlo
Friday 18 February, 2005
Andrea Pirlo is back in the squad for Saturday’s clash with Cagliari and Carlo Ancelotti hints at a starting spot for the midfielder.

“Pirlo has trained intensely over the last few days, so he is able to start,” said the Coach. “Unfortunately, we can’t rest him as often as I’d like because there is no understudy for his role. Massimo Ambrosini does very well, but in a different way.”

Pirlo was expected to be sidelined for another week after damaging a knee ligament during Italy’s 2-0 international friendly win over Russia. His absence in the lucky 1-0 victory at Reggina last weekend was sorely felt and prompted vice-President Adriano Galliani to criticise their tactics.

“I accepted his comments as normal advice and I wasn’t happy with our performance either, but I preferred to dwell on the positives. The three points are in the bag and we played simple football.”

Now the pressure is on Ancelotti’s men to deliver over the next week, as Milan will face Cagliari, Manchester United and arch rivals Inter.

Above all, there are six players on yellow cards and who therefore risk missing the Derby di Milano – Kakha Kaladze, Gennaro Gattuso, Marcos Cafu, Ambrosini, Alessandro Nesta and Kaka.

“We cannot rotate the squad now to anticipate two big games,” warned the tactician. “As the season goes on, I’ll see if there are some players who are a little tired. We’ll struggle for 90 minutes against Cagliari, but it certainly won’t affect the Manchester match. Milan have the psychological and physical stamina to go all the way in every competition.”

The Rossoneri are still just two points adrift of Juventus – who themselves face a tricky trip to Messina – and we could see another shock in store.

“Every game is important now and neither side can afford to slip up any more. We mustn’t make the mistake of thinking about Manchester United or Inter now, as Cagliari are a strange side that play very attacking football, but can’t seem to get what they deserve away from home. The pacey strikers will leave more room for us to manoeuvre, so it’ll be an entertaining encounter.”

Reaction score
tmilan said:
PRESS - TASSOTTI: 'Here is no substitute for Pirlo'
2/17/2005
MILAN -La Gazzetta dello Sport spoke to Mauro Tassotti: 'Galliani spoke to me at Reggio Calabria, we knew he was unhappy but Carlo and myself weren't either. We know that if we want to win something we have to improve are game. There isn't a substitute for Pirlo at Milan. Redondo was the obvious one, he was better than Andrea in short passing but less so with long balls. It's something we have to adjust.'

I'm getting a little angry when I read something like that : "no substitute for Pirlo". Rui Costa did a great job last summer when Pirlo was on the Olympics. Why couldn't Rui replace Pirlo last match instead of Ambrosini ?

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
I don't think that's it's a situation that there is no subsitute for Pirlo, but it seems that there is subsitute for a diamond shaped midfield when he is out. Instead of playing Ambrosini in the Pirlo position why not scrap the Pirlo position (when he's injured), bring in Dhorasoo, adopt a regular attack minded four-man midfield and let the defenders worry about the defending?

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
How did Pirlo play in the game with ManU? Somebody that saw the game...pls...